All Comments on 'Mayfield Enterprises Pt. 01'

by K.K.

Sort by:
  • 101 Comments
WetheNorthWetheNorthabout 2 years ago
quote I don't want to say yet. unquote

and that was the point where he should have walked away

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

nice idea but how you wrote it she is neck deep involved and hundreds of possibilities point in a direction where she is again betraying him. she was way to close to killing him I can´t fathom him not to call the cops. AFAIK he would be free of any liability as well since he was the victim.

At least for me your Set up of this "LW" breaks my suspension of disbelieve big time and as such I could not really enjoy the story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great start. Looking for the rest. Five stars.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 2 years ago

The legend is back on his game. Thank you for posting, and a five, of course. Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nothing good in this bullshit !

servant111servant111about 2 years ago

Fundamentally flawed internal logic trail in this bit of nonsense centering on the fundamentals in the wife and the cuckold characters in the story. Micki is the absolutely worst sociopathic narcissist character ever penned in any work on this site. To simply state that she is a mere black widow is a euphemism of the worst order. She utterly betrays her husband, fucks a snake, loots his finances, and is literally on the cusp of murdering him by cyanide in his coffee. Her betrayal is without any emotion.... classic of a real sociopath. He and everyone around her are merely tools to gratify her momentary emotional impulses, She does not actually love him because a sociopath cannot value another above themselves. She is a strongly disciplined cold hearted killer who absolutely can be trusted ONLY to do what is in her interest of the moment.

The cuckold is rather smart in terms of street sense... Unfortunately he is an utter idiot in terms of his "relationship" to the monster his wife has become. She switched the poison coffee and killed her lover in front of him...not because of any feeling of love for her cuckold husband....but because had read the green folder and learned of her lover's terminal plans for her.

Anybody with the common sense of a pet rock would immediately utterly separate themselves from sociopathic monster wife rather than live with the moment by moment imminent doom of her certain betrayal unto death. It is absolutely certain that there is no marriage. She has proven in every possible manner that the monster hiding behind her pretty smile can and will murder him given the least provocation. The sole sane path is to turn her into the police and get her locked up for life. While she is not the Joker....she can and will do anything to serve her self.

Instead...the author has them ignore the obvious and remain together to capture as much power and money from the murdered lover as possible., This is simply so utterly insipid that the author is forced to open up a floodgate of Deux Ex Machina offstage "miracle" inserts into the plot including secret lock boxes filled with trails to millions in cash, exotic bungalows in the Cayman islands and on and on and on. Sheer and utter nonsense...

The story moves on to preview the next installment of this utter joke of a story....but the blatant illogic of the core is still utterly unresolved. The sociopathic narcissist wife has not repented of her betrayal. Her core motivation remains. She is not a black widow....but a brown recluse.... Brown recluse spiders do not "sting," they bite injecting their saliva into the bite. That saliva utterly dissolves all cells around the bite leaving a hemispherical liquified hole of necrotic tissue that the spider feeds upon. The slut wife has already bitten once...and dissolved and consumed her lover. It is only a matter of time until she bites and consumes her cuckold husband,...

Like I said...this stuff is sheer common sense logic...which is utterly missing from this tale. It is so obvious that a reader immediately questions all the utterly irrational actions made by the cuckold husband in maintaining a marriage with a monster., Thus the author utterly fails to convince the reader to properly suspend disbelief and the story becomes an epic fail.,

2 stars at best....sorry...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I cam imagine this being turned into a movie! Great script!

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerabout 2 years ago

Interesting story. I do wonder how an intelligent woman could be so taken in by a con-man lover that she never challenged her husband over his "cheating". Then planned to kill him, so new lover could take over his identity.

I bit of a stretch. Plus, her speed reading must be amazing if she read that notebook in only a few minutes!

Sorry to be so pedantic. I'm enjoying the story, so thank you. Cheers.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuabout 2 years ago

Well written.

But I didn't like the story.

Tom is why to calm over this.

Micki's intelligence and love (really?) for Tom evaporated the moment she cheated. She's of her anger of Tom's supposed cheating without even bothering to confirm if true, she is now in for the money, is a slut for Dave not once having any guilt she's approving her husband Tom's death. I am glad Tom declared marriage is done, as there is absolutely no way Micki can do to RAAC over this.

/

Tom could just have gone to an attorney or FBI with all the pieces of evidence he has on Micki and Dave's plan and then goes No Contact with Micki. But he has to endanger his life by seeing both having sex in his house. That was a stupid move. And by helping Micki, Tom is already an accomplice to murder and future money laundering.

/

But this is just part 1.

I will reserve my true take on this story after I read part 2.

But I seem to smell a RAAC is in part 2. if so, I'll give part 2 an automatic 1 star.

No way can the author K.K. sell a RAAC on this, seeing how truly loathsome Micki was toward her husband Tom. In more ways than one, Micki destroyed Tom's good nature, making him a criminal, an accomplice to murder, and off-shore money laundering.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

very good story- I look forward to chapter 2

francemanfrancemanabout 2 years ago

good story for this first part.

I'm really scared for part 2.

The sequels, whether literary or cinematographic, are generally very poorly done and very often completely missed.

swedishreader1swedishreader1about 2 years ago

A real story.

Nice.

5 stars.

invisible_bridgesinvisible_bridgesabout 2 years ago

The noir genre fits nicely in the LW category and, as a bonus, it generates actual plots with drama and surprise. This one has an especially intriguing husband/wife dynamic --- she plotted to kill him, but now they're allies, at least temporarily. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Do all us a favor and no part two to this shit. Just crawl back under the rock you have been hiding under for the last few years, and stay there this time.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 2 years ago

"It'll take me more than three weeks to be ready to move." - Really? Two weeks notice is usually sufficient, and it shouldn't take THAT long to notify her clients, even if she has to call them personally. I guess it's needed for the story, but still...

\

I don't know why Nesbit had to be there. Will he explain things any better than she would? Tom already trusts Micki's judgment.

\

$500,000 in savings isn't enough to start a family?

\

"the website had not been posted to the internet yet." - If there's a web site, it's on the Internet, the site simply hasn't been fully developed yet.

\

Just how do you buy a casino AND hotel for $1.5 million?

\

"Compliments on how attractive she was didn't work on her because she wasn't someone that needed to be reassured about her desirability." - That's a welcome change from the attractive women who are somehow susceptible to flattery.

\

She's not a stupid woman. I can see her falling for the anonymous email and photo-shopped pictures, but she KNOWS that he didn't force her to move, he would have turned down the job if she said no.

\

"I realized that I might not come out of this unscathed" - Why not, as long as Micki tells the truth?

\

I was wondering what was in the blue notebook, though I can't imagine why he kept it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

How the hell does the author raac this? She plotted to kill him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It’s very interesting I like it yes Wife screwed up. But there’s a way to reconcile

FireFox59FireFox59about 2 years ago

After the stories posted to LW the past several days this is like a bright shining star of hope and was a pleasure to read. Great start to your story. Looking forward to Chapter 2.

Also looking forward to the rest of the stories and a thank you to Randi for getting it going.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 2 years ago

Well that was an interesting read!

SithLord6969SithLord6969about 2 years ago

He should make use of both graves

TheUnoriginalistTheUnoriginalistabout 2 years ago

Interesting and well-presented premise, but she cheated on him for a year, planned to kill him for money, learned her lover had deceived her, and killed him for revenge…..and then the rest of the chapter is calm, clear-headed conversation, mostly about money.

wtf

GamblnluckGamblnluckabout 2 years ago

The wife seems to be taking everything in stride now. Mayfield better not be so trusting or the epilogue will be the woman siting on the beach in the Cayman's with all the money.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 2 years ago

Pretty good story so far but there were a few "gaps" that could have added more depth to the story. Once Thomas became aware the affair was taking place at his home, anyone with half a brain would have had the house wired for video/audio. Likewise, when he was overhearing their initial plant to kill him, why didn't he pull out his phone THEN and start recording them? (All "2022 technology stuff") Final miss is where did all his anger with a cheating wife go? I give you credit the couple aren't showing any affection in their dialogue, but there's no emotion either. Any one of these points isn't a showstopper, but together they take away much of the passion need for us readers to buy into your universe. My two cents. We'll see what you do with the next chapter. 4*

OdiouserOdiouserabout 2 years ago

Sort of like a certain Mister Spillane wrote this. One of the very few 5 stars I have ever awarded. I can't believe he is going to reconcile with her, but things look like they are heading in that direction.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great writing and interesting though more than a little unrealistic but it’s your world to do with as you see fit.

miket0422miket0422about 2 years ago

Overall I like the story but, there's one huge hole in the plot that's hard to get past.

I get that Nesbit is a con man, serial seducer and all around bad guy. Yes, he's had lots of practice conning women. But, convincing Michele that it was her husband's fault that they moved to Asheville? It was her suggestion that he look for a new job. When he was offered the job in Asheville the first thing he did was go to Michele with it. She researched the company and told her husband to take the job. The move to Asheville was pretty much her idea all the way around. So, we're supposed to believe some random guy she doesn't know all that well was able to make her believe the move to Asheville was all her husband's fault? Very thin

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

She cheated on him for over a year and plotted to kill him with cyanide. Surely you are not considering reconciliation in your future chapters? The very definition of zero trust! If she had not read the notebook in the kitchen Mr. Mayfield would have been subjected to a painful demise.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Enjoying the story. Please correct the misspelling of Asheville. To someone that has lived in that area his entire life, the misspelling is like fingernails on a chalkboard.

KarnevilKarnevilabout 2 years ago

A good story, if sometimes a bit top heavy on details regarding business etc. This is not really a problem in a novel length story but can be somewhat tedious when the reader is looking for a few minutes escapism, and let's face it, that's what the literotica readership comes for (pun intended.)

At the risk of stating the obvious, why on earth would he trust Micki again? She has already shown her true colours when she had no conpunction in planning his murder. The money and the temptation is still very much there. But there is more to come so I'll wait to see what happens. There was a point where I almost stopped reading though, and that concerned the lazy tactic used in many loving wives stories. It started with the convenient tyre tracks in the snow, even if one noticed them would he, on a cold wet wintry day be concerned about the size? And why exactly does that lead him to suspect adultery? Then the worst part: the lovers overheard discussing everything they had done and planned, this just doesn't happen and is far too easy.

After that everything went a bit downhill, from the poorly hidden door key, the unsecured computer, the list of passwords, right through to the notebook. Who in the world is stupid enough to write the plans for a murder in a book and then leave it for anybody to find? I could go on but I think you get my point.

I will look out for the next part, mainly to see who ends up screwing who, because I can't believe he'll want to keep her around, just as I can't see her not going for all the money for herself. A decent story let down a bit by overworked details and not enough effort on parts that really matter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Why in the world would he stay with his treacherous slut of a wife?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I LOVE it!!

TK

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wonder if this could be worked into a TV movie script? Probably one of the best stories I've found and can't wait to read the next chapter and some of your other submissions.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I heavily invested in the tech stock boom of the 90s. By 2000 to 2001, it felt like the tech boom was played out so I cashed out, paid off our mortgage and car loans, bought some rental properties and put the rest into Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT). I figured real estate was a boring, low yield, but safe and steady investment. Since I had so much money in real estate, I began to really watch the market. By 2003, I was getting worried. The Clinton Administration had leaned heavily on banks to give mortgages to people who could not repay them. The banks had fought back, but gave in after the Clinton Administration promised that if someone defaulted on their home loan, the federal government would pay the bank back the money they had just lost. With that promise, the banks began giving loans out to anyone who asked. Why would they care? If the loan failed, the government - that means you, the taxpayer - would have to pay. This was insane, and everyone knew it. In 2004, the Republicans began to hold hearings in Congress about this mess. I watched those hearings. Basically everytime a Republican tried to say something like, "We need to fix this or the economy is going to collapse," the Democrats would call the guy a racist. That's all the Democrats would say, "You're a racist." Then the media started calling the Republicans racists for trying to save the housing market. It was insane. You could almost see the moment in the hearings where the Republicans gave up. It was like they said, "You want to call us racists because we trying to stop the economy from collapsing? Then we are out of here. Have a fun time being unemployed and losing your home." Like I said, insane. The Democrats obviously knew the Clinton policies were going to destroy millions of people's lives. They weren't stupid. They knew it would happen. They didn't seem to care. I couldn't figure out what game the Democrats were playing, but it was obvious they had rigged it. That scared me. The Democrats were going to crash the economy and the Republicans had given up trying to stop them. This was 2004. I had just moved everything into real estate thinking that would be a safe place for our retirement money. So in 2004-05, I cashed out of all my real estate investments, looked around for places to put the money, realized the entire economy was going to go down in flames and put all in gold. And then I watched the housing market collapse, and with it, the economy. Then I watched the Obama Administration pay off the bankers. Who turned right around and paid billions of campaign contributions to the Democrats. The entire time I was shaking my head and thinking, that was the Democrats game all along, and they actually pulled it off. They screwed over the American people, paid off the bankers and made billions themselves. So when you wrote at the beginning of the story that people knew what was coming, I can confirm. It was obvious by 2004 that something was going and whatever it was, it was corrupt.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Incredibly cold blooded wife, wow. Wonder where this goes.

DazzyDDazzyDabout 2 years ago

HEY, ITS ASH E VILLE, NC. AND THEY US MOUNTAJN FOLK ARE IGNART.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerabout 2 years ago

Loved it! Don't take too long to finish it. 5 *****

cd

BrentJWBrentJWabout 2 years ago

Interesting story, but really?, the husband trusts Micki ten minutes after she had been cheating and plotting to kill him and then kills Nesbit? The plan from the green book is impossibly complicated yet he was able to find a couple exactly as need to follow through with? Bizarrely unlikely.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great plotting, excellent pacing, very capable character development. All in all, this is a page turner that's underscored. NOT a Lit 5. 555555555555555

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Interesting and entertaining. Since we are obviously intended to believe that the wife has something nasty up her sleeve it will be good to find out that we're wrong!

Hooked1957Hooked1957about 2 years ago

Great first chapter. I'm in.

Hooked

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 years ago

M.A.D. Helluva yarn

LWLover60LWLover60about 2 years ago

Smart and imaginative story line. Looking forward to part 2.

muskyboymuskyboyabout 2 years ago

Good story so far. I will say he comes across as WAY too trusting, but we shall see. I hope you have already written all the chapters and will be submitting them regularly. If not, I will wait until they all are published before reading the rest of this story. Thanks for this one, it looks very good so far, 5/5.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Micki still needs her butt severely kicked!

TajfaTajfaabout 2 years ago

Great writing and a great story but she seems to be getting off quite lightly. She hasn't expressed much remorse for what she did and what she planned to do. Looking forward to the conclusion.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It's beginning to look a lot like Xmas for the Mayfields'. LP

vickitvohiovickitvohioabout 2 years ago

I'm sad you resorted to writing a cuck story. :0/

Any further comments would somehow justify that the cuck husband deserved everything he got

SDN1955SDN1955about 2 years ago

Great first chapter, though all three of the main characters are pond scum.

Regguy69Regguy69about 2 years ago

So far, so good. He seems a bit on emotional for a guy who just learned his wife has been cheating on him for a year and had actively planned to murder him. It will be interesting to see where you take this. I have imagined three different directions, but I’m guessing you will surprise me.

BSreaderBSreaderabout 2 years ago
Interesting

Hope you finish this tale.

njlaurennjlaurenabout 2 years ago

One comment on the financial side of this. With mortgages Fannie Mae was a relatively small part of the problem. The real problem is the financial industry came up with a new form of an MBS, one that didn't package a couple of mortgages but literally slices of thousands of mortgages, known as a collateralized debt obligation (CDO). Wall street firms, especially hedge funds and private equity firms and investment banks like Goldman Sachs were so busy creating these to the tune of hundreds of billions of dollars they basically told banks to write mortgages and they would buy them on the spot. The banks didn't care, so they financed all kinds of mortgages on huge houses with soaring prices to people who couldn't afford them (the infamous balloon mortgages) because they had no risk with them, they originated them, collected their fees, and were paid to collect the mortgage payments, but they had 0 risk. Meanwhile the CDO's were hot, they were selling them like hotcakes, meanwhile they couldn't figure out how to assess risk on them to rate them, so basically moody's and the rest didn't bother. Some made assumptions using a standard 30 year mortgage , but these were basically full of junky mortgages and they didn't even really know the status of the thousands of mortgages in one of these. It was compounded by writing a kind of insurance policy on these, a Credit Default Swap, that pays off on a financial instrument if it defaults. There was like 0 regulation, and they were writing CDS's against the CDO's for 10's of billions of dollars (AIG, the insurance company, had exposure to 180 billion dollars of these). People who didn't issue the CDO were able to buy a CDS against it (known as a naked CDS), and it was a house of cards. Goldman Sachs, after helping create the CDO craze, started taking out CDS to the tune of like 30 billion dollars. And then Goldman did the ultimate, they quietly pulled out of the CDO market and then publicly said they thought CDO's were risky in late 2007, which started the house of cards tumbling (and Goldman stood to make a huge profit on CDO's going south , CDO's they didn't even originate).

The strangest tale was the risk evaluators used a calculation created by this Chinese guy , that used the credit default swap cost for a CDO to evaluate its risk, as if the CDS people knew what the risk was (hint, they didn't).

In the end it took down Bear Stearns, it led to Lehman going under, Merrill ended up bought by Bank of America. What made it even worse was thanks to the end of Glass Steagal, that separated commercial and investment banking, the big commercial banks were lending to hedge funds (who in general borrow 60 bucks for every dollar invested) in huge amounts, the hedge funds were creating these CDO's and showing huge returns...then when the crap hit the fan and people realized the CDO's were junk, the banks ended up with CDO's that were collateral for the loans, and the CDO's were worthless. This in turn caused the bailouts, and the commercial banks decided having been burned by their own greed, they wouldn't lend companies a dollar on a cup full of diamonds....and hence the recession (at the height the the lending freeze out, the libor spread between the rate was which banks were willing to originate a loan at and what it cost them to borrow was around 7 full points, usually the spread is a 1/4 of a point.

Story is interesting, waiting to see how this plays out.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 2 years ago

Always love a new story by KK. This story reminds of the series "Ozarks", which is high praise. Nice job. I hope everyone reads more stories from this March 17 event. There are some very good ones as well as chapter two of this drama. Thanks for the hard work and for posting this story for us readers.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989about 2 years ago

Found it a compelling story filled with great details. Not sure where this story is going, but can't wait to find out.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusabout 2 years ago

It is great to have a new KK story. On SOL, especially one as interesting as this one.

waifwaifabout 2 years ago

***SPOILER ALERT***

A lot to unpack here.

I gave it 5* for the quality of the writing and the unique elements of the story. My only complaint is that the MC seems to be way too relaxed about remaining in any type of partnership/relationship with the woman who betrayed and plotted to murder him.

Since the story takes place within the recent past, I am also curious about facial recognition at the bank, passport control and Cayman bank. I realize that none of those entities are actively clued in to what they are doing, but am wondering if those factors play out in part 2.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

😂😂😂😂😂 what was this? It started out promising but somewhere down the line, shit got confusing. I don't understand. Why did the slut wife kill her lover? Why didn't she just throw the pills away or call the police and turn herself in? Why is the cuck helping her bury her lover body? That whore is not worth 20 to life in prison.. sorry. I would've turned the slut in🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️. I was completely baffled to them "working" together...Like, he legit trust her? He legit trust a whore who had no problem plotting his death with her lover? He trust the woman who have been betraying him for a year? The only reason the whore didn't put the poison in his coffee is because she found out her lover didn't really love her, wanted to be with her and he already had her grave dug out. Had he just been a lying seducer, she would've thought it was romantic 😂😂😂.. now that she's found out, she's just a stupid whore who allowed a con artist killer to make her forget all about her husband. Why is the cuck trying to help het judtify? The guy seduced her but he didnt force, didnt put a gun to her head. She slept with him amd continued to sleep with him cause she enjoyed the sex. Otherwise why go through all that? Why is this story to be continued? What the hell is there to add? I smell a bullshit RAAC story coming on. Otherwise, he would just called the cops and got the whore and her lover arrested and charged. The wimp was already justifying the sluts slutness. She was seduced😒🤨.. happily married, in love people don't get seduce. She cheated cause she wanted to. She was seduced cause she wanted to be, hence why she was sneaking around with him for a year, she let it happen. Otherwise, she would've talked to her husband about him always being gone or her fear that he was possibly having an affair. She did none of those things. What she did do was plan to murder him, set up an LLC in her dead husband name, steal all of his assets and let her lover takeover her murdered husband identity. That's not love. I wouldn't be able not to spit in this wife's face, let alone help her bury a lover she killed.. fuck all that noise. I don't think I'm reading part 2. I just don't see what could possibly be added ? The lover's dead and the cuck didn't turn the whore in or filed for divorce. We all know where this is going... this is a RAAC story. The story was also really boring. I skipped a few lines. I expected more retribution. The lover isn't the one who owed him loyalty. His whore wife was. The writer just completely glossed over the wife plotting to kill her husband, steal every cent he have, bury him, run off with her lover who will than steal her murdered husband identity. It was like, " hey, I'll help you bury the man you just killed, who you've been betraying me with for God knows how long, fuck yeah I'll do 20 yrs to life for you in prison... sounds legit.. sounds like something a logical sane, man with self respect and balls would totally do/say🙄🙄🙄.... NOT!. That's why I'm giving you a 2. I didn't understand why he helped her instead just locking her dumb ass up?

Cringo31Cringo31about 2 years ago

A very well done beginning to a story. Not sure where the marriage is heading in part 2 but the money really throws a kink in the mix. Was the murder justified even if he planned to kill the man and his wife. In my mind as soon as the plan was hatched and the grave was dug whatever it takes to defend yourself is justified, but I will be interested to see if others see it that way.

iameaseliameaselabout 2 years ago

Interesting bit of story telling.

The only draw back is the dumber than shit wife who is supposed to be so `smart.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Dear Ada,

Well constructed and a VERY FUN READ..THANK YOU!!! I hope your symptoms will leave you soon.

Be Well and Happy,

Paul

SkubabillSkubabillabout 2 years ago

Very compelling. I hope part two posts tomorrow.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

couldn't stop reading...

ChopinesqueChopinesqueabout 2 years ago

Interesting! Is there hope for their relationship after all?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Too quick to go from I want a divorce to okay we will stay together

mattenwmattenwabout 2 years ago

An exciting and well told story. Nevertheless, it remains incomprehensible to me why he becomes a criminal without need and participates in the disposal of the corpse? All the evidence speaks for him and all he has to do is call the police! But then you wouldn't have a continuation of the story!

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 2 years ago

Interesting, and very good, beginning.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Zzzzzz.

Rocky62Rocky62about 2 years ago

Will he keep her or wont he? She was lied to sooo??? Might depend on how many blow jobs she gives, haven’t seen any since the big reveal

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 2 years ago

I hate it. Absolutely loath it. Why would this dumb shit not call the police. He owes his wife nothing. She betrayed him in the absolute worse way possible. Treachery is too soft a word to describe her actions. Setting aside her whorish behavior, the skank was going to murder her husband for money. That she didn't is rather irrelevant. And he goes into business with her? Da fuck? He is like some people I see who are still defending their abusive exes even after divorce or while they are in prison. Why do I have a feeling part 2 is just going to be a weak love fest where the cunt is his best friend and loves his new awesome perfect wife?

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 2 years ago

A good start. But could he trust her? Let's see what happens in part 2!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Started out well, but went south when he went in with her and started doing criminal things with his wife. She's obviously a money hungry whore and he's a dumb cuck.

WargamerWargamerabout 2 years ago

A very good story, well worth 5/5

johsunjohsunabout 2 years ago

Wow! Helluva plot! Got reservations about him trusting his wife, but he did tell her that they were finished. And did, and apparently is, sleeping in the spare room when 'home'.

.

This is a good story. Exciting, Five thumbs up.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireabout 2 years ago

Hate to say it but Tom’s not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to dealing with his sociopathic wife. While she says she’s sorry, that’s as believable as the bridge for Isale in NYC. Really interesting set-up, so now I’m really looking forward to part two to see if he escapes with his life or if she is able to walk off with everything while he goes to jail. Fingers are crossed for him!

teedeedubteedeedubabout 2 years ago

I love Deadwood. Saloon #10. Aces and eights. Surely a big dog ending!

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 2 years ago

It’s a very good plot and story. There’s one hole: Micki predicted the 2006 crash. She is extremely bright, diligent, and does her homework. She might have been seduced, but would have researched Nesbit’s explanation of their scam.

RanDog025RanDog025about 2 years ago

Very well done. Excellent story! 5 BIG ONES!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Neither one feels the need to talk about their marriage? Sounds like it was a business arrangement all along, no love lost between them. I'm betting they decide to stay together once they have all the money. This guy is an amazing loser.

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 2 years ago

For a moment, I wondered if I could convince Micki that I never cheated on her, would she still want to go through with the plan to kill me? ppl arent usually that dumb when it comes to their own life. she wants and planed to kill him end of story, done, bye bye, run away dumb fuck. this is how most stupid ppl die, from their own stupidity lol. why would any sane person want to spend another sec next to a person that wants them dead not to mention sleeping in the same room wondering if ur going to wake up or not

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 2 years ago

eh the characters were just too dumb for me. this felt like a crime comedy like Monk. did she really all over that dude house lol that whole scene was a laugh riot. so that made it worth it so ty for that. but kind of feels like this is going to end in a raac so probably wont continue well unless i get really bored

Dreamer_LoverDreamer_Loverabout 2 years ago
Keep going

Enjoyable read

Richie4110Richie4110about 2 years ago

WOW! I almost wish this was a novel I picked up at a garage sale. It is delicious. I'm concerned that he is too trusting of Micki and that he may still be in for some challenging shenanigans'. Lovin' it'

Ready for Part 2 and to see how this unravels. Thanks for doing this for all of us'

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What kind of idiot would keep a slut that fid what she did. She was planning to kill him for christ sakes!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I know the plot is a little far fetched, but I enjoyed it. Thank you. KS

HomefrontWitnessHomefrontWitnessabout 2 years ago

This is super robotic. You should at least take a shot at saying how your characters feel about any of this so it's not a laundry list of events. Even if you're no good at it, that's a meta problem for the reader, as in "this guy isn't very good at writing emotions". Which is miles better than the story problem, which is "these characters have no emotions so who gives a fuck about this collection of autistic people fucking each other, planning murders, and moving money around".

I am kind of enjoying the plot I guess, but the investment is zero, I don't care what happens to a single person, I wouldn't have cared if Nesbit killed them both and strolled out the front door whistling. Although even being in a good enough mood to whistle wouldn't happen in this story, because the characters don't feel or do anything that conveys a shred of emotion.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 years ago

Kind of blah characters even though love is mentioned here and there not much to show it. The planning was cold and calculated but then again maybe that's just who they are. It does keep my interest wondering what's next.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Quite a fun and intriguing story.

RimmerdalRimmerdalalmost 2 years ago

Mostly went south. Too cliched towards the end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The prologue you provided was an excellent and concise description of what caused the crash of 2008. One major cause was omitted, however. A year or two prior, Congress passed legislation forcing banks to make major changes in their lending standards. This was perceived as a fix for supposed discrimination in granting mortgages to minorities. Banks were forced to loan money to people who would never have qualified for a mortgage prior to the new law. As with much of what Congress does, the "law of unintended consequences" took effect and mortgage defaults soared, leaving banks with property whose value was dropping rapidly. This played a major part in the "bursting of the bubble."

Your story is interesting, though things seem to fall into place a bit too conveniently for your characters.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesover 1 year ago

An interesting story a lot of twists and turns. I expect more twists and turn in part 2. So far I am enjoying this story. Thanks for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

An interesting and very clever story. I have an idea that it's gonna get more interesting yet. LP

OnethirdOnethirdover 1 year ago

Fun story so far, but the wife is pretty bloodless about things. They don’t seem to act like distraught exes. In any case, it reads well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

serendipitous

MarkT63MarkT63over 1 year ago

Don't trust the slut wife!!!! Use her and send her to jail...

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

good plot and twists to the main plot. too much unneeded detail as in 2 notebooks, blue and green. who cares what color?

AnotherChapterAnotherChapter8 months ago

Asinine. Wife engages in year long adultery, conspires to murder him, and the dumb schmuck is still trusting enough to carry on with the partnership, leaving her to her own devices for weeks at a time, when he could have had her arrested for the premeditated murder of her larcenous lover? On what planet?

CookiecreamyCookiecreamy7 months ago

Amazing how some of the comments by readers act as if Micki is a real person. Don't people understand that these stories are fiction? I feel like some of the readers became so absorbed thay they forget this little detail. AnotherChapter and MaekT63 are perfect examples. Richie4110 has the same angle that i do. Ready for the next episode.

I actually love this story.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

"Our plan was to use it as a vacation home and maybe rent it out when we were not using it".

Prior to that the plan had been to get divorced and go their separate ways which doesn't really mesh with the idea of going on vacation together. That was just one of the many plot holes here and holes (not 'wholes'!) are inevitable when trying to write a 'perfect murder' type of story. Good effort, highly readable just a little light on credibility.

JR

AllNigherAllNigher4 months ago

Fun story. Totally realistic? No. It's a story. But it is fun... Looking forward to part II

To anonymous that insists laws requiring lending to our trucking requirements for lending to minorities caused the crash.... That's just not true predatory lending caused the crash. He did do a good job of giving a high level summary of that process, I agree.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous