All Comments on 'Mc Donald's'

by Skippy47

Sort by:
  • 201 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great effort

I have seen this effect on people many times. I am now entitled, I am important, you are not worthy. Sadly, it always ends up the same way and there is no way back.

TheKrrakTheKrrakover 5 years ago
Excellent tale

Retribution and public humiliation go hand in hand.

5/5

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 5 years ago
I can relate

Half of my current friends worked with me at McDonalds. I started there in HS. Learned management skills which helped me for the next 40 years in the military and business. She forgot her roots and got what she deserved in the end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
This part was gold.

"David, how could you ruin my life like that?"

"I'm sorry. How would you have preferred I ruin your life?"

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
United Way

Good read I enjoyed this version of family betrayal because of the United Way. In the 80s I was called by my supervisor because I indicated -0- (zero) deductions for UW. When I refused to support 100% participation I go to our supervisor who told me I could specify which charities my money would go to and would not go to pay for the staff of the UW I refused again. Well in a municipal organization there are multiple bosses and the next week I was told to see yet another boss when I reached her office I told her I was recording our talk and if it was about supporting UW I would be seeing a lawyer for harassment. I was sent back to work and when my annual evaluation said not a team member and marginaI said I was calling the ACLU and was reevaluated at excellent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Wow!

Didn’t see that coming! I totally got the story but I’ll never agree to the ending. She deserves a long painful lonely life with her regrets.

PowersworderPowersworderover 5 years ago

Very nice story of consequences. Vain women can be so easily seduced by wealth and status, but they fail to realise how quickly it can all come crashing down around them. Brenda's arrogance and lack of respect for her husband were her downfall.

naxos65naxos65over 5 years ago
Nice !

Good short story , well done !

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 5 years ago
This is a well written story.

Reminds me of the Proverb, Pride cometh before a fall. In terms of plot, appreciate this not being a RAAC story (it could have gone that way). I liked the last line. Writing was well paced and credible.

muncher354muncher354over 5 years ago
Meh pretty awful

Some rich ass attorney going for a married woman with two kids and offering to let them into his house after they clearly just wanted an upgrade from the manager dad? Yeah right. Lmao. Then the whole cliche of wanting to get back together bleh. Dialogue was unimaginative, overall gets a 2/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Suspension of disbelief

These stories always lose me when the kids behave in such an unrealistic fashion. If the character truly was the good dad he was portrayed for the kids to react the way they did is a jarringly unrealistic. It pulls you out of the story. If you had shown them gradually being seduced by the lure of wealth I could see it but this was poorly executed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Okay until the ending.

The fries joke was lame. And at their ages the girls need to learn that there are consequences in life. They're trying to backtrack and have some type of decent life. Living with the grandparents was not going to be fun for them in the long run and Brenda's job opportunities are going to be few and far between. Maybe the ending should have been her applying for a job at McDonalds.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
You earned the 5th star

With the final sentence! Bravo on a good story

DoNotPassGoDoNotPassGoover 5 years ago
Nice BTB Tale

I was a McDonald's manager and I sympathize with David on this one. Consequences are a bitch!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Incomplete but good

Just need more closure but please not a rainbow.

heathrowinneoheathrowinneoover 5 years ago
one of the best stories...

a great story and love the ending... would you like fries with that? had me on the floor roaring! great story line and development. your work gets better and better and thanks for posting. i always look forward to your work. heath

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Do you want fries with that? Best. Line. Ever. 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
4 Stars

Well done. Four Stars.

magmamanmagmamanover 5 years ago
This one brought back a memory

My 2nd wife, married just 6 months, asked me why I didn't go get a REAL! job like "everyone else." Her name was/is Patty, I have written about ..that.

Redhead, 18, sex on steroids, I never claimed to be smart when it comes to women.

I was self employed, she never paid any attention to my work. (Around 1.5 Mil in annual sales)

Her complaint was, "I don't know how much you make."...*LOL**.

I never told her either, did a no fault.

Yep, divorced that one.

Thanks,

MGM

mordbrandmordbrandover 5 years ago
Would you like fries with that?

Comedy gold. I spit come on my phone screen because of you. :P

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caover 5 years ago
5

Good read ..... sometimes justice isn't a sword. And .. i worked at Mc Dicks at one point in life too.

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 5 years ago
This story resonated with me...

but for a different reason. When I worked for a large employer in Washington State when sign up came around for UGN (United Good Neighbor their name for United Way) As I was in Mgmt. they wanted us to make a big show for the hourly employees. I signed up for one hour a week of my regular pay. After all was said and done the Store Director told me that I was the largest donator and he was second with third no where near us. I wasn't making that much but wanted to give back anyway. When the news came out it was 'The company gave X dollars to you UGN'. The company got the credit (ie the CEO Dir or President) no little people recognition. The next year I was asked why I wasn't donating and I said 'Why should I if someone else is going to take my credit.

Brenda wanted recognition from the big wigs and so called important people but forgot the true contributors the little people she turned her nose too.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 5 years ago
Nice ending

Without going "large". 5* employee of the month from me.

tazz317tazz317over 5 years ago
SARCASM OUT TRUMPS AVARICE, GREED & ADULTERY

in the bitter end the good is triumphant with a bitter victory, TK U MLJ LV NV

LordGeoffreyLordGeoffreyover 5 years ago
Well done

A good story with an excellent object lesson and a great last line.

5*s

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
That rocked

This is one.of the ten best, maybe five best stories I've read in LW in a good while. Perfect set up of a hard working , good.man doing his very best for his family. Entitled wife wants to trade up for a rich.lawyer, and takes immature daughters along for the ride. Good husband's friends and associates destroy over confident wife and lover's lives. Wife and daughters want to crawl back to , now, desirable husband and father. He holds strong , confirms his worth and manhood. Yes, it's been done before, but in my opinion, never better. Great work Skippy, you get better every story, and I look forward to more. Yes, I would like fries with that. Classic.

bruce22bruce22over 5 years ago
Delightful Tale

BTB always tastes good. My expectation was that the judge would turn out to be a

former employee of his. That of course would not be ethical on the judge's part.

woodmanonewoodmanoneover 5 years ago
Last line

We're loving it.

Woodmanone

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
4 *

The last sentence was totally not needed and lessen the whole story.

hindsight2020hindsight2020over 5 years ago
Great work

In addition a good plug for RMHC one of the best charities going!

5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Best last line in a story this year,

maybe the best ever.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

I enjoyed the story, but you really need to research the legalities of divorce law. With the position she was is, she had to have been making a great deal more than her husband, therefore HE would receive alimony. As for custody, with her pattern of out-of-town work schedule, physical custody would have most likely gone to the FATHER.

swingerjoeswingerjoeover 5 years ago
Stopped reading

...when it got to the inevitable scene where the defiant, hormonal, spoiled-rotten, rebellious, teenage daughter— I mean wife — introduced her lover to her husband in such a matter-of-fact manner and began laying down her ground rules.

I understand this is the fantasy of every man who has ever been divorced — to believe your ex-wife actually behaved this way. I understand that this category of this website has become a group therapy session of sorts where guys share their divorce stories and fantasize about how they wish it had all gone down. I get that. I just get tired of reading the same story with the same cartoonish characters over and over again.

The hubby is always portrayed as such a righteous macho tough guy...and yet when he discovers his wife’s infidelity he’s too much of a pussy to confront her right then and there. Instead, he yawns, speaks calmly, checks his emotions, and carefully plots his flawless revenge plan.

Maybe that’s not how this one ended. I’ll never know.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
Excellent!

I'm not a big fan of BTB stories, but that is one B that really needed to get B'd!

An original story well told! Thank you.

AnnaValley11AnnaValley11over 5 years ago
Superb story - thank you

Absolutely great story telling

Looking forward to reading more of your tales

penneydog55penneydog55over 5 years ago
Holy Cow

There was no winners in this story.....WAIT!!!!......McDonald's Got fantastic free publicity!.....So You could say that there was a winner "McDonald's ".....Back to the story!.....A very sad story!.....Well written! ★★★★★

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Short and sweet. I enjoyed that ending line.

Thanks for the story.

Cog

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
"You should agree with me and do what I ask, or you don't love me."

That's when he should have said that it works both ways. The rest of the story was filler.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
HHahahahahàaaaaaaaa

What ridicullous bullshit. A trophy wife, three full college educations, a house, cars, all the luxury side bennies as a McDonalds manager? Lay off the crack. It's honest work, but anyone who claims you can make out like that is a liar completely full of shit. It's a short job that your employees treat like shit and you have to give up family life to make up for people no showing a job they take less seriously than their cell phones.

cybojicybojiover 5 years ago
Bravo

I worked for a medium sized midwestern grocery chain for 35 years. Wife thought it was great when we got married. By the end was embarrassed by it. I totally relate to this story and what that bitch was all about.......10!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
If 26thNC likes it

It truly must be about misogyny and woman hating. As those are the only thing he relates too. Woman hating is not erotic. But I suppose when your tiny micro penis doesn't get hard, that's not an issue, right?

PiperHamlinPiperHamlinover 5 years ago
@Skippy47

I never know how any story I post is going to be rated either. One thing I've found though, is that after the first week of the initial ratings for my submissions, the ratings always slowly go up higher over time. I have no idea why that is.

I've never given one of your stories a rating of less than 4 stars. Keep them coming.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
The Kids' Reaction Don't Compute

David tells us the wife hasn't spent any time with the kids where the kids were making fun of her for "visiting" the house now and again. She didn't attend their activities, wasn't aware what was going on with them for at least 3 years, while he apparently was superdad attending all their activities and spending all his free time with them. But somehow when the kids find out that Mom was cheating with another dude (weeks before David was told of her wanting a divorce) do they run to their great dad to tell him. No. And then do they insist on staying with the great dad, no. They want to go with the narcissistic mom who has no time for them and a guy I'm assuming they have not met.

Was there a reason both children were female? Is it the insinuation of the author that all females are superficial and easily mesmerized by glitter? What happened to "Daddy's girl", and teenage girls are antagonistic with their moms.

Whenever I read a story like this where I'm presented only the protaganist's side of things, and then he tells us his kids he spent so much time with, their mutual friends, both sets of parents, etc, all took the wife's side who was so evil, it makes me want to hear from the other parties involved. That obviously we were not getting the full story.

RpierzRpierzover 5 years ago
Overall liked, but...

... was the wife patterned after Kathleen Kennedy & R Johnson?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Everyone loved the last line

I thought it ruined the whole story. In one sentence he went from the wronged party to a smartass S.O.B.

SgtmjrSgtmjrover 5 years ago
Thanks

That was a fun read. loved the conclusion. I am not a literary critic but I love to read.

I really enjoyed this story so, thanks for writing it and sharing with us common people.

You write them and I'll read them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Kind of a contrived big shots versus little people story, but still good.

Does beg the question, how could both the wife and daughters become so selfish, disrespectful, and deceitful, and their husband and father never noticed? Must not have been a very close or intimate marriage relationship for some years. She decided to trade up, and he didn't even know she was shopping for a better deal?

I get it, it was just handled kind of clumsily. He might have pointed out to both wife and daughters that the only reason they wanted him back was because their sugar daddy went bust and David was their best fall back option. She was sorry only because her scheme failed. Sure as hell within a year or two she would be back out there trading pussy for better money and lifestyle. Maybe the daughters will learn something from the experience, but the wife will learn only to be more discrete with future cheating.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Fries?

The best part of the story was the question about if she wanted "fries".

I wonder, did she want small, regular or large?

I'm guessing she likes them large! tee hee, tee hee. ;-)

Samson

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
United Way

Great story. I'm guessing the author has some insight into the United Way. He makes a brilliant statement that donors should give directly to the charities of their choice. Why pay the cut to the United Way when its most likely spent on the sort of entertainment described in the story.

john1946john1946over 5 years ago
Very good

What a fun and well told story. Love the BTB stories when one partner thinks they are better than the other. And she works as an employee of a non profit. What a joke. Anyway, you did it well. Thanks

OnethirdOnethirdover 5 years ago
Bye daddy?

Well, all’s well that ends well. The wife got her comeuppance, but the girls were charicatures: “Bye daddy, we are going to live at a nicer place!”. Can’t see how he’d forgive that level of cruelty, but at least he has them on probation.

tigger119tigger119over 5 years ago
5*'s for........

being a smart ass with the oldest fast food franchise joke in history at the very end. Hahahaha!!

chytownchytownover 5 years ago
Great Read*****

I Worked for a company where management had to donate to United Way or else. Great storyline very enjoyable story. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Easily a 5 Star story!

Well written, I might add!

I am going to thank you for this story, as I thanked Merle Haggard, for the tens of years of hit songs and other very significant filler songs on his albums, he wrote; that showed us all, clearly, he had walked many miles, down the same dusty, dry throat, choking roads in life, all us regular, hard working blue collar folks, are still on!

For the same reason why the whole world knows Merle Haggard as "the Poet of the Common People;" for the hundreds of great songs, many of them, hit songs he wrote; I congratulate you on this story!

It's another positive win, for the common blue collar working class of people in US, (or any other modern, free, civilized country), who do so much, for so many people around them, while striving to get ahead in life themselves, struggling so hard, to stay afloat, keep their heads above water, themselves!

In your opening disclaimers about this story, you state that you are not a BTB writer. You can't prove that by me, after just reading this story through! If this isn't a great BTB, in many ways story; then I don't know of any on this site! It was BTB all the way, only done the legal, upright, upstanding way, but still BTB ten ways for Sunday, all the same!

I like the hell outta this story, "as-is!" In my way of thinking, it stands as a tribute to all us honest, hard-working, blue collar workers in America, just trying to earn a living for our families, and trying our best, to just keep doing the right thing, by all the people we can do for, around us!

This whole story, its concept and plot, is just an astounding message, within a very clever and good plot, inside a well written, great story! Thank you author!

I'll be watching for more stories you write, I can read and enjoy!

DominantYetServile22DominantYetServile22over 5 years ago

I don't care for the over the top "evil elitist charity organizer" vs "blue collar people" bullshit, and the trope of "husband gets fucked in the divorce no matter what" is getting pretty old, especially when the wife makes more money than the husband and is so busy with her job and disinterested in her kids that it literally makes no sense that she would have wanted custody (at least before she was fired), and the relationship with the children makes no sense, for 3 years they've been around their grounded father and not their cunty mother, who they seemed to have a frosty relationship with and then suddenly boom, some fucko they don't know who is destroying their family promises them a new car when they're 16 and they abandon their father like that? Bullshit. Oh and I know more women who've been fucked over in a divorce than men, and I live out here in allegedly evil liberal man-hating California, not wonderful conservative MAGA-land Ohio where things are going so well that half the fucking population is addicted to opiods because at least when they're high as fuck or comatose they don't have to dwell on the fact that they live in motherfucking shit ass Ohio instead of.....any other place on Earth.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 5 years ago
DYS:

At least in MAGA loving Ohio, they know that there are only two sexes, and you are what you’re born as, period.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 5 years ago
Fun if taken lightly

Don't see the daughters really acting that way. Don't really see a lawyer trying to represent the wife he is banging and her betrayed husband in a divorce either.

I did like the positive message about helping people and communities by being a good influence and investing time and energy to encourage others.

The McDonald's angle was kind of fun.

The NavigatorThe Navigatorover 5 years ago
Outstanding!

Tremendous story line. Being a mentor, changing lives in an apparently simple way, is a God-given gift. My Mother, my dear departed wife and I each spent much of our lives leading young people out of the muck and mire of their existence into a position where they then could apply their learned skills to a better life for them and those around them. We can not ask for anything better for our lives.

This author has clearly drawn the picture of the characteristics of those leadership qualities and their rewards. Bravo!

As to some of us acting like English teachers, we readily applaud an outstanding story line and we also praise a good, independent editing job. It make it easier to read.

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherover 5 years ago
Good Lord!!!!!!!!!! How messed up are we that......

Most of us were thinking the same thing at one point or another in the story.....

"Do you want Fries with that?" Bahahahahahaha

But mine had BITCH at the end of it LOL.

I dated a girl that worked at McDonald's when we were in High School. I used to love hugging and kissing her when she got off work because she smelled just like those damn tasty fries.

Ironically, I own 600 acres of farmland I rent out to R.D. Offutt Farms and they grow potatoes that are used for nothing but McDonald's French Fries which they manufacture in Park Rapids, Mn.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Penman of ability

A very good piece of writing. The author's sense of humor is especially commendable. I would be happy to read more of his work.

KRD19254KRD19254over 5 years ago

It was a 5* but dropped to 4* for one major faux-pas (but the 'fry's' line almost got it back to 5).

It had to do with the how the girls that hardly ever saw their mom could be manipulated so easily via bribery and deceit. We are to understand the girls had no pent up disdain for their never present mother at any of their functions/life - the same functions/life that dad was always present for? No love for dad that cheered them on, wiped their tears away, that helped them, advised them, nurtured them (that mom was absent for)? We are to assume that the girls never went to their dad's MickyD's and never interacted with his employees? That dad never instill common sense, courtesy, respect into his daughters even thou he was the primary care giver for years?

Yet, these motherly neglected 12/14yrs daughters gleefully tossed off daddy. This does not compute unless their is a facet of this story not disclosed like the dad was evil requiring the girls to do their homework, pick up their rooms, do their own laundry, cook meals (since mommy was never there), limit their cellphone use, etc, etc. etc.

So the story lost context, cohesiveness going to absurd due to this seriously glaring faux-pas. In that, these girls became that shallow overnight.....

Another miss of this story is that David's shark did not sue United Way and Richard/ Lawyer for alienation of affection, BAR ethics violations, and likely violation of UW morals clause since they all worked for UW.

So Brenda (the adulteress) gets the house, 2yrs alimony, child support (she gets to further poison the girls against their father) as David gets tossed out and financially crippled to apartment living. Sounds like the typical pro-woman Ohio judgement.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
English Teachers?

I take no "delight" in noticing spelling and grammatical errors. They distract my concentration the same way finding a cigarette butt in a gourmet meal would, and I'm certain you'd complain about that.

Please continue to write though, your work is much appreciated.

patilliepatillieover 5 years ago
Nice job overall

but the girls giving up on Dad was a little hard to believe.

United Way, along with the Red Cross, are the biggest con games going, the top admin folks all make healthy 6 figures, club memberships, etc, so they can rub elbows with the CEO's in the community. That is where the bulk of the $$$ goes.

amyyumamyyumover 5 years ago
Cute

with many unique features. Big Smile!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Mickey D forever!

She deserved everything he gave her ! But there should have been some tomato sauce, don't you think ?

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Anon re. If 26thNC

If you're looking to insult me, please use words that I understand. What the hell is misogyny, is that like being a democrat ? I certainly don't hate women, just women, or men, who are cheating bitches.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Daughters life lesson . . .

Another kicker would be have the daughters work at his or a neighbouring McDonalds.

As a former business owner, any prospective employee who had a McDonalds reference automatically went to the top of the list. Brilliant training program turning out dedicated, worthwhile employees.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good Story

A good story about “the rest of us” who work and toil at jobs that the “High and Mighty” look down on and consider us to be beneath them. A good case study in knowing your adversary before you push them into a corner. It’s always amazing how today’s arrogant darling can be neutered and replaced when the “mother’s milk” of those organizations, the MONEY, dries up. The man, for a change, had a solid team behind him to deal with the “Harpy” and give her back what she tried to force him into. Liked this one for sure. Had enough realism to feel like something that could happen and nice to read a story where the man wasn’t forced to be a “Cuck”. In fact, to read a story where one of these arrogant “A Legend in their own Mind” types got shut down was a nice touch as well. 5 Stars for you here, Thanks.

luedonluedonover 5 years ago
"What the hell is misogyny?" 26thNC question

Misogyny is a practice beloved of a goodly proportion of LW commenters. Ie; those who demand that all stories about wives who wander should end with BTB.

Lue

Ps: If that was a real question, the actual meaning of the word is in the dictionary.

DominantYetServile22DominantYetServile22over 5 years ago
@Reed

Does it hurt or affect you one goddamn bit if some people who were born male or female want to act and dress the other way or get reassignment surgery? Does the mere knowledge that there are places where these people aren't treated like shit cause some kind of harm to you? And where the fuck did that statement even come from? Was that really the best *positive* thing you could say about Ohio? Are you one of those self hating closet cases or something?

And Ohio is still a shithole. What have you got? Cleveland, the original factory of sadness, and "the 'Natti" which is often described as an even worse place. Only through comparison to those two holes in the earth does Akron seem remotely palatable. You got a population zonked on Opiods, you've got a river that occasionally catches on fire, all the sports teams except OSU are case studies in heartbreak, weather that makes the denizens of hell thankful to be in hell, is filled with closed down abandoned factories the way other states are filled with coffee shops, and it manages to be one of those places that is snowy in winter but without any mountains to ski on.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 5 years ago
Nice

First, about ratings. I've read thousands of tales. Over four stars mean the cheaters lost. Under three means the cheaters either win or a reconciliation. Between three and four are questionable. Personally, I don't read cuckold tales and avoid most recon tales. When an author states up front what type it saves wasted time reading and a bad rating. Just FYI. Now about the tale. Perfect case of a cheating cunt twat wife who thought she was better than her husband although he supported her to get to her position in life. She deserved everything she received and hopefully he saved his daughters from becoming the cunts the mother was. Of course this was fiction but it had elements of truth about donations. And for all you maga people, wake the fuck up.

Five Stars

starmanfivestarmanfiveover 5 years ago
The story was good!

The premise was terrific. The very notion that some jobs are beneath us is the very downfall of man. Jobs that are necessary should be look upon as people sacrificing for the betterment of us all. I know some jobs pay poorly and that makes them less attractive. I wish we could see our way to still respect the workers. Judge people on how well they do their job rather than the perceived status of their position. The laws of supply and demand do help set a better wage for SOME hard jobs and dirtier jobs but teacher get a lot less than they are worth in many areas. First responders should also do better pay wise. (I suppose on some level the supply/demand is in effect for many things, but RESPECT of some jobs is very low with many.) Thanks for writing a LW story that shines some light on this situation. *****

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
Thoughts

"She would probably get the house, the kids, child support, alimony, half my assets, her own income and a boyfriend to provide her sexual needs and additional income." - In what world? She has the higher income, he does more of the parenting, at 12 & 14 the kids are well old enough to say which parent they want to be with. HE'S going to get the house, kids, child support and alimony!

God what little cunts!

He should go to the next United Way banquet and announce what his wife is doing!

How is he "pulling her down"? His job didn't keep her from becoming United Way Chairperson!

Shit, with her being fired she'll probably now make out in the divorce!

"But you disowned me" - They didn't just disown him, they dropped him like a hot potato! And they apparently already knew about the divorce since they knew about all the plans, I don't think they just found out about in the car!

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Lue

Not really a question. I'm a Southern man, but I do know me some big words. But when answering the Anonymous idiots, one must " stulti gradu condescendere".

Mixedmind16Mixedmind16over 5 years ago

Very good writting!

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerover 5 years ago
GOOD STORY

Ignore the trolls and keep on writing. I gave you full scores for a job well done. I have no personal experience with divorce, but from keeping abreast of friends who aren't so lucky the man WILL get screwed. Those who confidently proclaim how the law will assure the divorce judge will act thus and so have a lot more faith in a bunch of political hacks than I do. There is a reason for the old definition of alimony being, "The fucking you get for the fucking you got."

And yes, before women's lib came about most cheaters were men who richly deserved everything the courts bestowed on them. IT AIN'T NO LONGER TRUE. Way too many women burned their panties along with their bra and have taken their place alongside the male losers who daily destroy marriages.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 5 years ago
"Would you like fries with that?"

An excellent finish to an excellent story.

A very enjoyable read which does contain some interesting philosophical nuggets, too.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 5 years ago
By the way average salary of a McDonald's Manager in Cincinnati is

$54,054 or £41,558.50. A decent annual wage. Though I expect with his experiences, bonuses for excellence David would have been on substantially more than that.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 5 years ago
Wonderful Finish

True to the title. She going to get the full meal of shit, not just the sandwich. She took half of the liquid assets ALREADY. Now she wants half of the remaining assets? The part that still is going to hurt is that, without a job, Sweetie is going to get alimoney. Before, he would have gotten it (and her fuckbunny shyster was just being a lawyer.)

StormKing33StormKing33over 5 years ago
5* Unique, not the usual LW tired cliche. Hubris.

Great ending although how about:

Would you like to Super Size the Fries??? Bwah ha ha ha!!!!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@PiperHamlin Re: Ratings

I'm no expert, but I think after the initial burst of fanboys/girls and haters dies off, the ratings settle on their natural level.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@Anonymous Re: Kids' Reactions

Yes, that struck me as false, too. I was expecting the kids wanting to stay with him.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@Anonymous Re: Contrived

I think his wife's selfishness was made very evident, with her obvious embarrassment at his job, etc. It was the girls whose attitude change came out of left field.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@DominantYetServile22

Yes, even in the LW world of unfair to the cheated on husbands settlements, that the executive wife would get alimony from the lower-income husband is ludicrous!

I believe that the attitude switch with the kids has been commented in several times as being very hard to believe.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@ReedRichards Re: DYS

Is this an impostor? ReedRichards, the champion of cheating wives and bulls, is against transgender rights?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
Group Therapy

Some comments express the view that LW readers, particularly BTB/Consequence fans are "damaged" people seeking some sort of "revenge" on their cheating wives.

With the exception of those who actually write their personal stories in the comments, who are these people to have the gall to analyze someone that they have never met?

People who want to see cheater punished don't need to be the victims of cheating any more than people who want to see thieves punished need to be victims of thievery.

luedonluedonover 5 years ago
Re: "Group Therapy" -- SBrooks comment and thief example

It's a matter of degree, SB. Just as the thief who conducts the robbery with extreme violence deserves maximum condemnation, the starving person who steals food may be entitled to a degree of understanding.

Likewise, the spouse who 'cheats' in such a way as to deliberately harm a partner is doing something very different from the person who is seduced into making what he or she recognises as a mistake.

It is the black and white instant moral judgement of so many in the 'consequences' crowd that I rail against. I am not one of those who accuses them of being "damaged", but I am interested in the reasons why they take such a closed-minded approach.

Lue

Ps: This is not the same argument as 'what is cheating?', which is my other point of difference with the moral brigade.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
sbrooks103x

I agree 100% with your last comment. Generalization is standard here in LW. My favorite is the dozen or so cuck lovers who rail that anyone who frags a pitiful cuck story actually wants to be like them. In my worst nightmare, I couldn't imagine living that life. I guess we of the Moral Brigade will just have to keep up the good fight against Lue , Joe, and their anonie army. Good to see the Left and the Right can agree on something.

ejsathomeejsathomeover 5 years ago
I . . .

. . . liked it. A lot. I agree with some other commentators that the choices his daughters made to go with the wife seemed unrealistic, but the rest of it was right on. Thanks very much for an entertaining and satisfying story.

ValintValintover 5 years ago
The girls

I don't have any problem with the daughters' portrayal. What it tells me is that the husband was deluding himself just as much about his relationship with his daughters as he was with the wife.

Girls pick up a lot of their moral code and understanding of life from their mother. I don't find it shocking that, while *he* might think his loving them and being there for them is what matters, what *they* really care about is material possessions and status (and are secretly ashamed of his working at McDonald's), because that's what they're getting from the mother.

That's one of the reasons why I detest the LW trope of "Well, kids, despite everything your mother did to me, I want you to know she still loves you and I'm going to insist on protecting your relationship with her", since the natural consequence of that is the kids using her as one of their role models.

I'm dubious as the idea that his wife has completely abandoned the kids, given how close they appear. I mean, yeah, that's *his* perspective, but as a McDonald's manager, he's probably working odd hours at times to cover when things go wrong, so there's lots of scope for the mother to be there (e.g., for all we know, he's out at the crack of dawn, and the mother has breakfast every day with the girls, or is always there when they get home after school, even if she's going out every night) and him not to realize it. Just because he thinks that attending their volleyball game is the most important part of parenting doesn't necessarily mean that they feel the same way.

Whatever the state of the relationship, though, his means of trying to repair it seems fairly pathetic. "Paying for college is contingent on how well you fake having respect for me" seems a pretty fucked-up way to try to deal with them, since that seems to just teach them to be *better* gold-diggers, rather than getting at the heart of the problem.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
@Valint

Regarding the girls' relationship with the mother, you raise some good points that I hadn't considered.

The one I wanted to STRONGLY agree with you on is the father's dealing with dealing with the mother-children relationship. It drives me CRAZY when the kids DO take the father's side, and want nothing to do with the mother, and he's all, "she's your mother, she loves you, and I won't have you disrespecting her." I would never try to come between my ex and the kids, but if they decided ON THEIR OWN that they wanted nothing to do with her, I would "regretfully" accept their decision while saying a silent "Yes!" and making an invisible fist pump.

bumknee52bumknee52over 5 years ago
Great closer

The last line rescued this from a boring 2, to an adequate 3.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Hugely improbable, but

still worth the price I paid to read it.

To be honest, I'm sick of several types of stories that have bludgeoned this genre almost to death; those types include, the happy cuckold, the unhappy cuckold who is willing to reconcile, and with regret the veteran's stories of late.

Thanks for a relaxing read. I got a chance to think about MacDonald's in a new way.

This is a five of course.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
MacDonalds Performance Review

LOL- well done and I'll take my fries medium brown.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Totally butchered this expression

“Brenda, there are some things you can't put back like toothpaste in the tube.”

No, you can’t put it back like toothpaste in the tube because the expression is “you can’t put the toothpaste back in the tube”. You also can’t put the genie back in the bottle. You can’t unring the bell. The ship has sailed.

All expressions of things that can’t be undone. The way you said it makes no sense.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 5 years ago
Yep

Mcdonalds = loser.

Dont give up your day job to become a writer.

PiperHamlinPiperHamlinover 5 years ago
@sbrooks103x

"I'm no expert, but I think after the initial burst of fanboys/girls and haters dies off, the ratings settle on their natural level."

That's certainly been my experience. The ratings do move months after the story is first published, then tend to level off. I'm no expert either, but am curious to see where the ratings are a year from now. Based on what I can tell from the pattern, I wouldn't be surprised to see them fairly close to where they are now for all stories but one.

networkgurunetworkguruover 5 years ago
As a revenge stories go....

This one was a little short and needed a little more fleshing out. Still it wasn't bad.

King_WillieKing_Willieover 5 years ago
"Would you like fries with that?"

LOOOL, you'll need a lot of cream to deal with those napalm burns, Brenda.

DiscoveringUtopiaDiscoveringUtopiaover 5 years ago

IMO, you showed as much disrespect to McDonalds employees with you last line as she did in the entire story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous