Mc Donald's

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The ad went on to say that the managers agreed that the United Way did not respect them and the non-upper management people of the Greater Cincinnati area. Therefore, the managers of the McDonald's listed at the bottom of the ad, would no longer support the United Way or any other charity or fundraiser other than Ronald McDonald Houses. The ad urged people to contribute directly to the agencies they wanted to help but not do it through the United Way. Their McDonald's would have information stations to provide the documentation to back up what they posted in their ad.

It took a while. The CEOs were initially sympathetic to Brenda's rant and missed the insult to the blue-collar workers. Most people didn't understand what the fuss was or didn't care. But there was a small but significant group of people who had been feeling the disrespect and loathing of those who had supposed 'important' jobs. They seemed to have been looking for a way to express their displeasure. This ad gave them the way to do it.

The furor grew and grew. Local newspapers were initially reluctant to print anything that put the United Way in a negative light. However, they received more Letters to the Editor about Brenda's Facebook entry than any other topic in recent history. Articles finally started appearing that tried to take a non-judgmental stance but noted the rising protests.

Our girls posted a Facebook page with information that they basically went straight from our house to Richard's house. Although their purpose was to brag how great their lives were becoming, it made most people realize that Brenda and Richard had been intimate before the divorce proceedings. Most needed no further proof. It was soon taken down.

******************************************************************

A friend of mine, who was also a member of the GCUW Board, gave me the following information.

Brenda was called to an emergency meeting of the Board of the Greater Cincinnati United Way. She looked nervous. Michael Broadbent, President of the First Third Bank, presided. He had been one of Brenda's biggest supporters, so she didn't appear too scared. "Brenda, please bring us up to date on the status of this year's United Way campaign."

"Thank you, Michael. Well, we are not doing quite as well as hoped. It seems the turndown in the economy, the people who made one-time contributions to the hurricane relief, and . . . ."

"Bullshit, Brenda. You know your damn Facebook entry has caused this."

Brenda looked shocked at Michael's words. The Board member reported to me that he was surprised also because Michael had never been anything but nice to her in the past. Brenda responded, "I know that some people misunderstood what I was trying to say, but I have taken it down. The inappropriate reaction should die down soon, and we'll get back on target."

Michael went on, "What planet are you living on, Brenda? Not only are people REFUSING to fill out automatic withdrawals for next year, they are calling and DEMANDING we stop their current year contributions. The McDonald's restaurants were the largest contributor in the Restaurant category of donors for the last three years. This year, they are contributing ZERO. Other restaurants are way down in contributions too. I got a call from some Union officials who are considering opting out of offering the United Way as a choice for automatic paycheck withdrawals. We are facing a disaster if we don't nip this in the bud."

"Michael, although I think you may be overreacting, I imagine there are a few people David has gotten to react because he got his feelings hurt but . . . ."

"Brenda, do you know what is in this box?" He put a bankers' box on the conference table.

"No."

"This box contains over 1000 letters all saying they will not contribute again, at least as long as you are head of the United Way. Every one of these mentions your put down of blue-collar workers. Many tell a personal story of how your husband has helped someone in their family. Hell, that man appears to have done as much for people in our community than half the agencies we support."

She responded, "I will get right on this. I will issue an apology and . . ."

"Brenda, do you know what is in this box?"

Brenda seemed to be getting irritated now. "Of course, I don't, Michael. More letters I suppose?"

"This box is empty. What will be in it in the next 30 minutes is your personal belongings. You're fired!"

Her reaction was swift. "You can't fire me. I'm the most successful Chairperson you've ever had. I'll file a suit for wrongful termination."

"We thought you might say threaten us. That's why we invited Homer Whitney, our Board attorney. Homer?"

"According to your employment contract, Roman Numeral III, Capital Letter B, Number 3, sub paragraph (c): 'The Party of the Second Part, that's you, is to project a positive public image of the Party of the First Part, that's the United Way Board, in all communications, which includes social media. Any public communication that creates a negative perception and/or causes a significant reduction in campaign funds, shall be grounds for punishment up to and including dismissal.' I believe we are well within our rights to fire you." Homer couldn't resist adding, "Your boyfriend will probably tell you the same." Brenda left, with the empty box, in tears.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My oldest daughter reported to me what she saw and overhead the next scene at Richard's house where they were now living.

Brenda took her now full box to Richard's house and poured a full glass of scotch. I knew Brenda hated scotch, but I figured she hated it less than what had just happened. She took a big gulp and promptly threw it up.

Richard came in much later than normal having obviously been drinking also. Like Brenda, he had a box of his things. "Hello, Bitch. I hope you're satisfied. Now we're both out of a job. Guess what? You and your two little whores can get out of my house. Now!"

"Richard, you can't mean that. You got fired too? How could they? You're one of the best attorneys they have."

"Problem is that no matter how good an attorney you are, you can't earn money without clients. Your darling husband's campaign has caused our firm, my former firm, to lose business. That means more to the partners than how good a lawyer I am. They used the excuse that it was unethical, like they give a shit about ethics, for me to try and represent my lover's and her husband's interests in a divorce case."

"Can't you sue?"

"Yeah. I could sue the law firm. I guess I could sue David and, while I'm at it, I'll sue Jesus Christ too. I have about as much chance of a settlement against him as the firm or David."

"Let's go to bed, Richard. Things will probably appear better in the morning."

"I am going to MY bed in MY house. I don't know where you and your rug rats are going to be, but it's not going to be in MY house. In case you wondered, without my job, it probably won't be my house much longer. Good bye. By the way, you were pretty lame in bed."

Brenda and the girls went to her parents' house. The girls and her mother and father had lots of questions, but she asked them to defer questions until the morning. After fixing breakfast for the girls and after fortifying herself with several cups of coffee and aspirin, Brenda called me.

"David, how could you ruin my life like that?"

"I'm sorry. How would you have preferred I ruin your life?"

"You smart ass. I give. You've won. I've stopped the divorce procedure. Congratulations, you still have a wife and two daughters. We'll be moving back this weekend. I assume you haven't replaced us yet."

"No one could replace you and the two back stabbing clones of yours. And you all are not moving back in. You don't get to say, 'Oh that divorce thing, never mind. Everything goes back to the way it was.' You need to realize there is still a divorce procedure in play, my divorce procedure against you."

"Are you making that up? If you've filed for divorce, why haven't I received it."

"That's because you moved out of Richard's house. You should get the papers today at your parents' house. And I'll even let you have more than three days to sign it."

Brenda changed to a mellower tone, "David, there's no need for a divorce now. Can't we work this out? We had a lot of good years together. I only wanted you to reach your full potential. I believed in you more than you did yourself. Richard attracted me because he was someone who always strived for more. I shouldn't be blamed for wanting that from my husband. . . . . Hello?" I don't know how long she continued to talk before she figured out I had hung up. My daughters said she cried a long time after.

In a couple of days, our daughters drove her crazy about having to go back to public school and demanded she make things better with Dad. They blamed her for tricking them into disrespecting their father and they decided in hindsight how they should have stayed with me and on and on. Brenda called me once again.

"David, can we talk without you hanging up?"

"Sure, I was just about to call you anyway."

I could almost hear that a glimmer of hope sprung up in Brenda's heart. At least her voice indicated it. "Oh, thank you David. Can we talk now?"

"No. You and your lawyer can meet with me and my lawyer at 3:00 Friday at the law office of Myers, Dethridge, and Lackey. We can talk then."

I found out that Brenda didn't have a lawyer now since leaving Richard and had to find one willing to wait to be paid until she got back together with me or a financial settlement was made. She was barely able to brief him before the meeting.

Brenda and her male lawyer and our two daughters came into the conference room where my female lawyer and I were sitting and chatting. My lawyer and I were in a good mood. I saw my daughters and upon them making eye contact with me, they moved around the table indicating they wanted to hug me. My stern look stopped them. "Don't even think about it. You chose your mother over me. Go sit with her."

Misty spoke up, "She made us go with her and that pervert lawyer. Please Daddy, let us come home. We're really sorry."

As badly as I had been treated, I could not help but believe there was still reason to keep them in my life. I decided this was not the moment to talk about that. "Let's move on with the matter at hand." I asserted.

Cecilia later told me that Brenda's lawyer, Milton, whispered to her mother, "Do you know who that is with your husband?"

Brenda shook her head no.

"That's Sarah Burns. She is the most rabid divorce attorney in the state. I have never seen her with a male client. This does not look good."

Sarah spoke first. "Milton, good to see you again. I hope things don't get out of hand like last time." She laughed.

Milton responded, "I promise to behave if you do." His grin was obviously forced. "Sarah, I've never seen you with a male client before, what gives?"

With a grin Sarah explained, "Well, I've always represented the wronged party. It just so happens that it's usually the man who is the one at fault. In this case, it is David who is the wronged party. He happens to be my former supervisor when I worked for McDonald's. David is the one I credit for turning my life around. I took his case pro bono."

After a pause, Milton began the negotiations. "Mrs. Campbell wishes to postpone the divorce proceedings until a series of counseling sessions has occurred. She still believes the marriage can be saved."

Sarah answered for me which was probably a good idea given how mad I was. "Mr. Campbell does not believe there is a chance for reconciliation. Even if it were to be court ordered, he says he would prefer to go to jail than waste his time in counseling. As the manager he can be absent as long as he wants. He has a very capable staff to carry on without him, indefinitely."

Brenda had evidently told Milton to expect such a response and drop the counseling request. "If that is the case, Mrs. Campbell will amend her original petition. Since she is no longer employed, she is requesting alimony for five years in addition to the house, one car, assets split evenly, child support and primary custody. Mr. Campbell can have limited visitation. Nothing unusual."

Sarah spoke, "Mrs. Campbell can have primary custody, but Mr. Campbell is to have unlimited visitation whether it be frequent or not. We would also stipulate that the house be sold if the custodial parent decides not to remain in the house. Otherwise, the house will be sold after the youngest girl turns 18 and the equity split. In addition, if Mrs. Campbell seeks alimony for more than two years, we will change our petition for divorce to Adultery.

Brenda was mad now. "You have no proof of adultery. It's a bluff Milton. We were legally separated when the girls and I went to live with Richard. People have just assumed there was something going on. Let's go."

Sarah addressed Milton, "Wouldn't you like to see our proof of pre-separation adultery before you embarrass your client in front of a judge?"

"This is not a hearing, Sarah. We don't need to get into evidence. But just out of curiosity, what do you think you have?"

David called on his cell phone and several people walked in. Sarah spoke, "The man on your far right is the desk clerk for the Hyatt Regency. He can testify that months before the legal separation/divorce petition, Richard and Brenda spent more than a couple of hours together in the Hyatt Regency, always in a room with only one king size bed. This occurred multiple times. We have dates and copies of credit card receipts."

Brenda jumped in. "That doesn't prove anything. We were discussing United Way business."

Sarah went on. "The next person works for Room Service. He can testify as to the clothing, or lack of clothing when they were in the room together one time. The final person is a maid who can testify on witnessing an episode of doggy style coitus before she quickly retreated. She can also testify as to the semen stains in their bed on numerous occasions and, before you object, I would love to debate in front of a judge as to whether a maid of 15 years experience can be considered an expert on semen stains or not."

Sarah then asked, "Now can I assume you don't have a problem with the changes we propose?"

Brenda interrupted, "No. I do have a problem. David, I made a terrible mistake. I want to come home with you living there. I want to be the wife I used to be. I want to make up for the horrible way I treated you. I will do anything you want. Please remember back to our first years together. We can have that again. Give me and the girls another chance. We still love you and I pray you still love me, us."

David waited a minute before saying, "You want for things to go back to where they were before you thought I was not good enough for you? Brenda, there are some things you can't put back like toothpaste in the tube. What you all did to me is another example. How can you undo adultery? How can you undo holding me in contempt? How can you undo breaking my heart?" After a short pause, I went on. "By the way, one reason I am willing to go through this divorce is that I was selected for the new program McDonald's has for outstanding managers to become franchise owners. It only seems right that you be sued for divorce by someone with higher status than a mere manager.

"Bottom line: I don't want to be married to you any more Brenda, but I will give you a fair deal. Girls, I will still be your father and financially support you until you are 18. But you disowned me. It's time to take the consequences for your action. I will, however, on a trial basis, agree to spend time with you. Future visits and support for college will depend on how you treat me. Any disrespect will mean no more visits."

Cecilia spoke, "We promise Dad. No more disrespect. Thank you for giving us another chance."

Brenda whined, "Why don't I get a second chance?"

With a piercing look I spat out, "I can forgive immature girls. I cannot forgive an adult whom I loved above all else and who was supposed to love me above all else. Marriage is based on love, trust and respect. You gave me NONE of those these last few years. The deal in front of you is the best deal you're going to get. You have one minute to sign after the revised papers get here, or we head to court and let the judge decide. Ask your lawyer if he thinks if you'll get a better deal or not."

Milton sat down apparently in despair. "Brenda. Sign the damn papers."

The revised copy was completed and returned to the conference room. Brenda signed the papers and passed them to me. Before signing, I looked up and I spoke softly to my crying, soon to be ex-wife. "Brenda, I would like to ask you something."

"Sure David, ask me anything. What do you want to know?"

"Okay. Why, Brenda, why? I thought there was a time you loved me and our life together."

Brenda sobbed her answer, "I don't know, David. That sounds stupid, but I don't know. Part of it was probably the rush I felt of being seen to be so important by so many influential people, it just went to my head. I forgot what was really important, you and the girls. I thought I was too important to be married to a McDonaId's employee. I should have been proud to be the wife of a McDonald's manager. I should have been proud to be your wife no matter what your job was. If you can tell me how to fix this, I will do anything. Believe me, I have learned my lesson. Please give me, our marriage, another chance. Please."

After I remained silent for a while, Brenda asked, "David, is there anything else you want to know?"

I shook my head 'No' at first but then I changed my mind and said, "Yes, there is." I took Brenda's copy of the divorce papers I had signed and handed it to her.

"Would you like fries with that?"

12