All Comments on 'Measuring Up'

by OnlyInMyMind

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
shopratshoprat3 months ago

A really good story, but I think it belongs in Romance. The story has LW angst, but it doesn't meet the definition of LW as there was no cheating. Her omission of her pre marital history was indeed deceptive, but I just don't think that's enough (even though there are of course other stories using the "unrevealed porn actor before marriage" trope in LW.) The story isn't really NC either - uncomfortable or not, she did the porn shoots willingly; it's a stretch to call needing the money "coercion". So I think it fits nicely in Romance as the heart of the the story is the further development of their love culminating in their strengthened commitment at the end. Isn't that what a Romance is? It could practically be Hallmark if it were a bit less explicit :-)

OnlyInMyMindOnlyInMyMind3 months agoAuthor

Thank you. A point well made. If that appears to be the consensus I will re-categorise when I submit an edit to remove a rogue paragraph spacing error.

Slick742Slick7423 months ago

Romance. it was a good intesting story especially involving the Mom. Thanks...Slick742.

johntcookseyjohntcooksey3 months ago

My only plug for LW is that the audience is much larger, and I think your work warrants a broader exposure. Any time you can justify your work into LW, I think you should elect to. You have enough followers that It might not affect you as much as others, but still, I think your work belongs in the big leagues (as the American aphorism goes). Sweet little romance - two points for ‘Mom’ …er ‘Mum’ I suppose that is’. She’s a lifesaver. Thanks very much.

enderlocke77enderlocke773 months ago

doesnt need to be cheating for lw story. this is anything but romantic would say belongs in lw. seeing how i have read a few of this theme in lw. as for the story didnt like it the characters felt like teenagers. i didnt lie to u i just didnt tell u something that huge lol. this is what courting is for. so many authors here skip that part which is the most important part of marriage. and character development. u meet someone at a train station the next week u marry them a year later u wonder why they cheated on ya lol

enderlocke77enderlocke773 months ago

sorry forgot something if u dont have a tag for that cat then probably doesnt belong in that cat.

porn actress, insecurity, rough sex

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy3 months ago

We should all be so lucky to have a mother like the MC!

5

inka2222inka22223 months ago

I was going to complain that MC should have gone to a therapist, but with a mum like that, wasn't needed. Definitely 5 stars.

/

I'm uncertain about the category - I don't think it belongs in NC **at all**, but I agree that LW may have been a bit too risky for it. But that's not guaranteed - I can just as well see it getting very good rating there due to quality writing (though may get some hard comments along the way, but those are not as important as rating). Honestly, I'd place it under non-erotic or novellas, but you do have a sex scene and it's short so it may be against the rules in both :( But I did see several "ACTUAL Loving Wives" stories in LW, with pretty good ratings. They are rare, but they seem to be well recieved.

inka2222inka22223 months ago

... OK I'm an idiot. I forgot about "Romance" as a category, and now that I remember, I enthusiastically second that as an idea. DEFININTELY better fit than "NC"

leofric35leofric353 months ago

Liked this a lot so 5 stars from me. Maybe Romance or LW? I think NC may be for more fantasy stuff and this is really gentle and well written for the two main characters. Thanks for the hard work.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill693 months ago

A really Great story with a mom you have to love! 5 from me.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman1 day ago

Excellent, good ending and everythi

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userOnlyInMyMind@OnlyInMyMind
Although I'm retired with a little time to spend writing for fun, I still have a busy life. A few readers have commented that some of my stories stop too abruptly. I'm genuinely sorry if that spoils your enjoyment, but I just don't always have the time to explore all the mot...

SIMILAR Stories