All Comments on 'Medicinal Mountain Magic'

by Comshaw

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Liked it

Ok, Ok, I won’t nitpick on some of the errors about camping in the wilderness. But I will say it was a nice story with a realistic bittersweet ending. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Seems a common thread here.

Just read 4 stories one after the other.

All had a supernatural element to them.

Looking for hope it seems.

Hope in God.

Cheers

SoleBrotherJeffSoleBrotherJeffover 3 years ago
You tell a beautiful story. Thank you so much !!!

Great detail of human emotions.

I loved it !!

I want to read more from you.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 3 years ago

Was this set in the 1990's? Just trying to work back from his age of 48 and served in Vietnam war.

bhojobhojoover 3 years ago

I don't see age as a barrier. i feel they should have made it permanent...

ComshawComshawabout 3 years agoAuthor

As far as nitpicking about the "errors" of camping in the wilderness, everything in this story I have done at one time or other over 35 years hiking the backcountry. Everything described from the alpine flowers and berries to the hot spring pool exists. Fires were allowed in the high country until just a few years ago.

Most of my stories have some of my own experiences mixed into them. All of the backcountry descriptions contained in this story come from my experience. They are real and there is no "error" to them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Normally, I don't have tears in my eyes when I'm done with a story; but this time I did. I can't fault you for leaving it this way; it would be very hard to keep a relationship going with such an age disparity.

THANK YOU and WELL DONE.

Paul

CbgnightowlCbgnightowlalmost 3 years ago

Five star story - 1 star ending. Most disappointed you left them to go their separate ways. There are hundreds of stories on this site alone in which this age disparity or greater have worked out in a positive manner. You perhaps exceeded your intention of making their feelings for each other more than intended, but I read it as true love, not something to be abandoned because a of an age difference that wasn't even clearly defined. Now go back and write a part two in which either or both seek out the other.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Horrible ending

oldgraycatoldgraycatover 2 years ago

Wonderful heart warming of two people in need of something coming together and find it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story. Would have liked a different ending but it can be rectified with the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I really enjoyed it, right up until the end. I like happy endings.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userComshaw@Comshaw
hiking, fishing, outdoor stuff and motorcycles. Nothing like you, the road, the wind in your face and no one to bother you...except the stupid ass people in cars that don't pay attention to what they are doing.