Meeting Again Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I finished, zipped and was washing my hands when I looked at him in the mirror. "Man, what the fuck is your problem?'

He got all puffy again. "Look motherfucker, I know you be tappin my wife before she met me, but I betta neva catch you wit her again. I'll put a cap in yo ass."

I couldn't help myself as laughter consumed me. He was looking even more pissed, I stopped laughing, stood seven inches taller than the little prick and looked down at him.

"Listen to me Dante, because I'll only say this once, if you push me again, I'll stomp your ass. I can stand here tonight and tell you with all sincerity that Edda and I were never naked in front of each other, we never made love and we certainly have nothing going on now. What she sees in you is beyond me, I will say this though, you ever hurt her and I'll find you. When I do, you'll pay you little pissant."

I walked out of the men's room, found Edda, hugged her, wished her a happy life and started walking away. She grabbed my arm just as Dante walked up, looking at him she spoke.

"You said something didn't you. You son of a bitch, I asked you not to ruin my wedding, congratulations shithead. Oh, and if you think we're consummating this wedding tonight you have another think coming."

She pulled me to her, kissed me softly on the lips and told me to find that special woman. I looked back as I left and judging by the look on her face it was going to be a long hellacious night. Stupid little fuck, he let his insecurities ruin what should have been the best night of his life so far. Mrs. Tompkins caught me at the door apologizing, I told her nothing to apologize for, if Edda was happy, I was happy. She told me to come see her when my next run was over, they'd be gone by then and she wanted to talk with me.

We got hung up on a side track waiting for a slow moving train which put us in the cab over twelve hours, when that happens you are automatically on overtime and will be required to take a 48 hour break instead of 24. I was home all day Wednesday choosing to stay out of sight knowing they'd be leaving for their flight early afternoon. Edda came through the back door without knocking, typical Edda, and scolded me.

"I knew you were home. You always did suck at hiding inside. You could have come said goodbye."

"Nah, didn't want to start another flare up."

"Wouldn't have happened, he got pissed because I wouldn't fuck him on our wedding night and flew home yesterday. I was not about to leave so soon, I barely got to see mom as it was. I'll sort it all out when I get home, he's mostly mouth and bravado, lacks the balls to carry through with his threats though. Like a lot of other men I know. Hey, gotta go, be safe Edward, send me a Christmas card, mom has my address. Love you big guy."

As quickly as she'd arrived, she was gone ... again. I walked across the street and asked Mrs. Tompkins if she might be free to have dinner with me, my treat. A Texas Roadhouse had just opened in Overton and I had a hankering for a steak. Edda's mom is built similar to Edda, except she has wider hips and her breasts are slightly bigger, I was thinking probably from childbirth. Her stature is tall and thin like her daughter, hair is a light brown and has shapely legs, a nice butt which matches the rest of her body.

I did a wolf whistle when she opened her front door, after blushing she took my arm and told me to behave or she'd take me over her knee. Her dress was a light blue with short sleeves, a gentle neck line exposing nothing, the hemline was three or four inches above her knee, nothing provocative, but certainly eye catching. She was a bit of a throw back in time in some ways, if she wore nylons they were always the older design with a seam, perfectly straight. I knew she wore the older kind of full panties with garter straps attached to them like they wore in the 50's.

I knew that because I'd seen them on the line toward the middle where she thought no one would see them and Edda had shown them to me once as a kind of joke. What Edda didn't know was that they made me hard as steel, I'd stroked my dick more than once imagining taking those panties off to find a tuft of silky delicate hair waiting to be split by my cock as I entered her love tunnel. Considering she had seamed nylons on tonight I assumed she must be wearing said panties, my cock wanted to jump up and wave *hi*, it took all my strength to keep it corralled.

Our meal was fun, conversation was pleasant and light, once or twice she patted my hand as we spoke, I knew it was like a love pat in a mom sense from her point of view. For me it was the beginning of a fire within that I wasn't sure I could, or if I even wanted to, control. As I walked her to the door she told me to come in for a cup of coffee and a piece of cherry pie she'd made earlier after Edda left. Following our pie we sat sipping the steaming coffee, she looked across at me and asked what my plans were.

"Mmm, not sure. Don't have to be out of the house until it sells. Guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it."

"I think you're going to cross it quicker than you think. You know I work at Everson Title Company, I stopped in quickly after dropping Edda off and on my desk is the file to begin a title search on that property, I'll start tomorrow."

"Crap. Wonder why dad didn't give me a heads up?"

"From what I read, he only accepted the offer on Monday and he probably knew you were on a run. I imagine he'll call tomorrow or Friday. I do have a question I need answered truthfully Ed. Did you and Edda ever have sex?"

"No Mrs. T, I can truthfully say we didn't, we kissed and played a little the last summer before she left for college, but we never made love."

"What do you mean played a little?"

I wasn't going to tell her things she didn't need to know.

"Dave Was being his usual asshole self and had told her she didn't have any breasts, she asked me to feel her and tell her if it was true. That was a hard thing to do, first off, she was my best friend so I would never purposely hurt her, and secondly, I love small breasts. After I felt her telling her how much I liked them, she asked me to suck the nipples, that's about where things ended. It was the night you and dad went to the VFW dance."

"You know, I knew something was going on that night, I could feel it inside, a mother's intuition I suppose. Okay, here's why I asked. I know you'll have to be out soon, I'm all alone now that I know Edda will never be back, I'm wondering, would you be interested in renting a room here and moving in? I have a spare bedroom with an attached bath, you'd have as much privacy as you like. Although it would be nice to have company in the evening. So ... what do you think?"

"Wow Mrs. T, I don't know what to say, I'm honored that you would trust me, but I don't want to impose on your home."

"No imposition at all Eddy, I love to cook but hate cooking for one, I'm off every day at three and could have a nice meal when you get home. If you work a long shift I can leave a plate for you in the oven. Please stay with me, I'll even do your laundry if you want."

"What was with all the questions about Edda and me?"

Smiling she winked at me before she spoke in a half whisper, as if anyone else could her us, "I needed to make sure you weren't going to seduce me with your youthful charms."

Her stare lasted much longer than I thought it would. I felt my dick twitch and wondered if this was a good idea. After contemplating the offer, I accepted, I had a two day run beginning Friday, I'd move my clothes in tomorrow and finish up across the street Sunday. Sure enough, dad called Thursday morning, I explained my situation and he told me he felt better knowing Mrs. T would be my landlady and she'd have a man in the house now that she was alone. I got moved in, the house closing was five weeks later and a young couple with three kids were the new occupants.

Our first few days were awkward, getting used to each other, I was used to living alone, farting or belching whenever I wanted, that needed to change. She said nothing, I had made the decision on my own, I wanted to be a welcome house guest, not one that was simply tolerated. After several days of me calling her Mrs. T when I was around, she cornered me in the kitchen one morning. As I went to step around her, she put her hand on my chest.

"It's Cathy, my name is Cathy. You're a grown man, you can't continue to address me like you're still in fifth grade. You will call me Cathy, or anything else affectionate, just not late for supper. Deal?"

"Yes ma'am, I mean Cathy." I said with a grin on my face.

I heard her mutter something about a smart ass as she walked to the range where sausage was cooking. Cathy kept herself put together at all times, never anything showing, no glimpses down a loose blouse or short tops without a pair of sweats or jeans underneath. She would do my laundry and always have my clothes folded in a basket ready for me to grab on my way, hers however were never seen by me. Having been there a month or so she asked me over breakfast why I wore briefs, why not boxers as her ex had done. I didn't know how to say it delicately, so I told her truthfully.

"I hate them, half my junk hanging down one leg getting chaffed while the other half hangs down the other side getting chaffed. No thanks, briefs work just fine for me, if I buy the right kind they aren't restrictive."

I then wondered if my answer was too much info. She looked at me.

"Hmph, makes sense I suppose, Terry never had that problem. There wasn't much to hang now that I think about it. Oh shoot, I shouldn't have said that, I'm sorry."

"No problem Cath, I was sort of wondering if I'd said too much. May I ask what happened to your ex, all Edda ever said was that you were divorced and he lived overseas."

"He should be doing life without parole. I found out he was molesting little girls right after Edda was born, and I mean little, five and six year olds. I went to the cops and helped them set up a sting operation, no way I wanted that perverted SOB anywhere around our little girl. He's a slimy and conniving son of a bitch, no one seems to know how, but that asshole got out of the country and is living in Portugal, where they refuse to extradite him back to the states. At this point in my life I don't really care, he'll die there, that's all I care about."

That conversation seemed to open an entirely new relationship between Cathy and I. Life was not so rigid anymore, seeing her in a bathrobe at breakfast had become common, it was always closed tight and non-revealing, but a robe none the less. She no longer said anything if I walked around without a shirt on, it had become a more relaxed environment. Edda would call every three or four weeks, she'd always tell Cathy to say hi to me. On a rare evening while in my room Edda called on my cell, asking one particular question. What did I think of her mom as a woman, not a mother or landlady, a woman.

"Gee Edda, I haven't thought about it. We go out for supper sometimes, she's always dressed lovely, her hair and makeup are always perfect, and I love that lipstick she wears. Why, why do you ask?"

"Okay, here goes. I think she likes you."

"Well of course she likes me, we've lived across the street from each other almost twenty years. She's invited me into her home, why wouldn't I think she likes me?"

"My God Ed, no wonder you never got in my panties, you're dumber than spit. I'd have dropped them in a heartbeat if I'd ever thought you were interested back then. MY MOM LIKES YOU, she's only 42, get ahold of what I'm saying and don't fuck it up." Followed by the sound of a dead phone line.

She's only 42, don't fuck it up. Those words rang in my head the next two days on my turn around run. Could Edda be telling me what I thought she was telling me? Cathy seemed so far out of my league I couldn't even imagine a date with her. Sure, she was 42, but I was 23 and she was still hotter than hell. On the drive from the train yard to the house I decided I'd go about this carefully, but I was for sure going to pursue the notion Cath might be interested in me beyond a close friend.

I stopped and bought flowers on the way home, I called Salvatory's and set up a reservation for seven thirty, a booth toward the back if available. I called out as I walked into the mud room, Cathy answered back that the casserole would be ready in about fifteen minutes. As I turned the corner she stood at the range stirring something, turning she saw the flowers and her face flushed.

"Will the casserole be as good warmed tomorrow night as it would be tonight?" I asked.

As she took the flowers she looked up, "It's always better the next day. What's going on Edward?"

"What's going on pretty lady is you're going to walk away from the kitchen, shower or not as you wish, your hair already looks lovely, put on some of that stellar looking makeup, some nylons, a dress and heels, then be ready to depart for dinner at Savatory's by seven. That, my dear Cathy is what's going on. Now shoo, go away while I make myself handsome."

The look was puzzling but not upset or perplexed as a soft smile went across her lips. She looked at me, then the flowers, mouthed *thank you* to me and went down the hall. Following a shower I put on a dress shirt with tie, dress slacks, leather loafers and a blue sportscoat, the one she really liked. I was standing by the door as she walked into the family room, my jaw must have hit the floor, what a knock out. A soft flowing skirt cut slightly below mid-thigh, sheer nylons, the seam perfect, a bright red silk blouse with the top button open, a beige shawl draped over her shoulders and that enticingly soft red lipstick.

In her hand was a pair of four inch red heels, as she handed them to me she asked if I would help her put them on. I knelt as she put a hand on my shoulder while I slipped on the right and then the left. With a seductive smile she asked if I might be a gentleman and buckle the strap on the side. Her perfume mixed with the musk smell emitting from beneath her skirt had my mind in the gutter and we hadn't left the house yet. I found myself wondering what I had gotten myself into. This lady knew how to do sexy and was exuding her knowledge every step of the way.

As I stood, she smiled, thanked me and took my arm. Escorting her to the truck I could have sworn her hips swayed more than I had ever noticed, when the shawl fluttered in the breeze, I thought I saw a hard nipple pressing against the blouse. Being a gentleman, I opened her door and offered my hand as she got in, when she swung her legs in the skirt rode up enough to see the outside strap and top of her nylon. Asking if she was in, I quickly closed the door and walked very slowly around the back of my truck praying my stiff dick would soften. I was still semi rigid when I opened the door and I swear she had a smirk on her face as I gingerly climbed in. I was way over my head and I fuckin well knew it.

At Salvatory's it was the same, I used every bit of will power I possessed to keep my dick manageable. She was striking to look at, elegant in her demeaner and flowed with grace as she walked toward our booth. I'd had a small bouquet of flowers put on the table, her face flushed red when she realized I'd ordered them special. Neither of us are wine drinkers and somehow a beer just didn't seem right given the setting. We both agreed water with lemon would be just fine. I love veal and ordered that, she ordered some tomatoey shrimp dish I couldn't even pronounce.

As we ate she asked how I could eat a baby cow. I looked her dead in the eye and told her, "With a fork and knife, thank you."

She chuckled and this time said it out loud, "You are definitely a smart ass."

As we walked in the house through the garage entrance I gently took her arm, "Care to sit and have a beer on the porch swing with me?"

"I don't have to let you feel me up do I?"

"Only if you want me to Cathy."

"Oh my gosh, you are such a smart ass. I'll change and meet you there, it's not too chilly, sweats should be enough. Grab a beer for me."

We laughed, joked, carried on like teenagers and had fun. Part of our conversation was about Edda, things were not at all what she expected with Dante. Once they were married she saw less and less of him, he began going back to his old ways, he wasn't abusive, he simply paid no attention to her. As she put it, *his boys from the hood* were more important than she was. She also wondered if he might have cheated on her. I was saddened to hear it, but not at all surprised, I sensed he was a prick when I'd met him, now he was proving me right.

Neither of us had to work the next day and sat until dark sealed the neighborhood, enshrouding it with a layer of hidden safety only we who lived on our dead end street ever felt. We were on our third beer when Cathy cocked her head to the side looking directly at me, I had no choice but to address her stare.

Smiling I asked why the stare?

"Why me, why now? I'm old enough to be your mother."

"You're barely old enough to be my mother. Why you? Why not you? I find you attractive, witty, you have a sweet spirit, fun to be with and around, to put it another way. You make my heart go pitty pat. I'm not a kid with a mommy complex, I don't need someone to look after and dominate me. What I need is a woman with maturity and sense, that Mrs. T is someone like you."

"My pink titty days are over ED, my days of reproducing are rapidly ending, besides I don't want kids at my age. My hips are a bit wider, my once taught tummy is starting to soften, I have small breasts and my hair has streaks of grey. You'd be an idiot to go out with someone like me."

"Well Cath, I'm okay with it, how about you give it some thought and we'll talk after my next run. Sound alright?"

"Yes Ed, I'll think about it, but no promises. Now, kiss me goodnight so I have something to ponder."

I kissed her soft and long. As our lips parted she muttered, *damn* before heading off to bed. I decided to walk for a spell, it was still before midnight and I hadn't walked the streets in many a day. I was three blocks away when the squad pulled up next to me. Where did I live, where was I going, just then another squad stopped, the window opened and someone yelled, "Ed is that you?" Telling the other squad to turn off their lights he exited the cruiser.

"Ed, it's Tom Jennings, we were in metal shop together."

He told the other squad to go about their business as we talked. He'd gone to school, gotten a degree in criminal justice, lucked out getting a job in town and was recently promoted to Lieutenant. He asked about me, then about Edda.

"You know, everybody in school was sure you and Edda would get married, it was a shock when she married that other guy. Are you still with the railroad? I heard your dad sold the house and moved, where are you living now?"

When I told him my present arrangement, he thought that was pretty neat, then joked about if I couldn't have Edda I at least got to be with her mom. As we parted and I headed back I pondered what he'd said and began to wonder. Was I seeing Cathy as an Edda surrogate? If I couldn't have Edda was I somehow compensating by wanting to be with her mother? But wait, it was Edda who told me her mom liked me as more than the boy across the street.

I was out the door early Sunday morning on a turn around run. I left a note for Cathy that I should be home Monday evening and if she wanted to we'd talk then. My eleven hours and fifty five minutes in the cab were spent mostly thinking about my situation, it didn't distract me from my job, but it kept my mind occupied. By the end of my run I had reached some definite conclusions. I wasn't trying to replace Edda with Cathy, I was genuinely attracted to Cathy, our age difference didn't mean squat to me, and if she was open to it, I was going to pursue a relationship with her.