All Comments on 'Meeting Sir'

by TigersPet

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
mel_pomenemel_pomeneover 11 years ago
A fine story

With a proper beginning, middle and end, which isn't always the case with stories on sites such as this.

Very well done on writing a most believable and still erotic tale - five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Very real

A terrific exposition of discovering one's own unacknowledged nature.

Be prepared for the onslaught of disapproval you will likely have from the morality squad. Personally, I couldn't care less that she is cheating on her husband or that he may very well be cheating on someone. What I do react to very negatively, though, is that you've made it clear that he is probably being dishonest with her about his status. A BDSM relationship can't really thrive in the absence of honesty between the partners; the kind of trust that's required can't exist without it.

I'll be interested to see whether you continue the story and tell us how they deal with this.

joodlejoodleover 11 years ago
So sad

That was a beautiful story, oddly being that it was one of betrayal and a one night stand (or one day stand). I felt like I had been there--- been the woman who had to let go of someone and something she loved. I felt it in the pit of my stomach and the back of my throat. The pain of letting something go that you want so desperately to keep. It was sad that she cheated on her husband, and also sad that John did not also disclose that he was married. In the end though, it was a very moving story, short though it was. I hope you continue to write. I found no errors which is rare. Good job. :)

TigersPetTigersPetover 11 years agoAuthor
Thank Yous

Thank you so much mel_pomene, and HankDolworth. I appreciate your words of encouragement.

To anonymous, thank you also for your kind words. As regards the lying, of course the ideal is honesty, but when you've got cheating spouses and the internet, do you not think there might be...levels...of honesty?

Joodle, I appreciate your amazingly wonderful comment so much! High praise indeed. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
me again

Not sure what you mean by "levels" of honesty, unless you mean to say that those who are lying about one thing will necessarily lie about another, and perhaps that they shouldn't expect truth from anyone else? It seemed to me that she, in this story, was being completely honest with him, and rejoicing in the liberation of doing so with someone who not only accepted who she really was but demanded that she inhabit her full self. It also seemed to me that she cared about whether he was being likewise honest with her; after all, when his wallet is within reach she doesn't say that she's decided she doesn't care whether he's telling her the truth, but that she's decided to trust that he is. You haven't told us how she reacted to the evidence that this trust was (or at least might have been) misplaced. I know how I would have, but I'm curious to see how you follow that up, if you do.

TigersPetTigersPetover 11 years agoAuthor
Anonymous--Me Again

Thank you again for your thoughtful comments. I think you read correctly what I was intending with the character.

I don't want to get into a deep philosophical discussion in the comments here, but I will say that while I intended this story to be a stand alone, you have me thinking of possibilities.

EdwardMidwestonEdwardMidwestonover 11 years ago

It's always extremely difficult to create palpable reality in a work of fiction, but "Meeting Sir" achieves this quest. 5 stars for sure.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous