All Comments on 'Megan and Molly'

by sandy_paris

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
MaonaighMaonaighalmost 4 years ago

I'm not a Scot but over very many years some of my best friends have been Scottish and it was nice to see some dialect words (numpties of the world unite---you have nothing to lose but your brains!). A very good short story, Sandy. I said of a previous tale that your writing was becoming more polished and I stick by that. Five stars.

BillyslateBillyslatealmost 4 years ago
Interesting

This was a nice story, however there seemed to be something absent from the flow. I am completely familiar with all primary characters here. Additionally, I loved the Megan / Molly interactions in Legal Affair, however something was definitely off for me here.

I am uncertain whether the story should have been "1 or 2 pages longer", with more detail on Molly's / Megan's lives since they were 10-years old. Megan / Molly had approximately 15-years of history embedded in 3-pages, which could possibly be the reason for my disconnect. It also feels that maybe 40% of the 3-pages of Megan / Molly were actually dedicated to Helen / Rachel.

I will be very much interested in reading other comments on Megan & Molly.

Air_DryAir_Dryalmost 4 years ago
Nice present

We got to see Megan and Molly as adults and get updated on Helen and Rachel. I'm glad you wrote this. A nice way to end the day. Thank you

TSreaderTSreaderalmost 4 years ago
A lovely story!

Well written and certainly very yummy too! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

thank you iv read a couple of your stories i look forward to the next one a new fan best wishes shayne

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I love it!

Beautiful story,thank you for sharing.

foxyfowlerfoxyfowleralmost 4 years ago
Brilliant

I have just read this story very much how it happens in real life and will you write another story about these five people you are a fantastic writer and enjoy reading all your stories sandy-paris, please write soon thank you. xx

paulyepspaulyepsalmost 4 years ago

What a great story .. I love romance and the happily ever after ... you gave me both .. I love googling words and phrases you use and this is the first time anyone put definitions at the end ... so funny .. loved the story .. thanks again !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Well Written

The story was awesome. I will look for more of your writings!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
One modest complaint

When switching back and forth between two points of view, it is very important to make sure it is clear who is talking. You frequently would have a sentence in quotations with absolutely no indication who said it. Sometimes it appeared that the narrator said it, but it equally could have been the other one. In one place there was a bit of back and forth and I couldn’t tell for the entire conversation which one was which. Every several lines toss in a “she said” or an “I replied.” Makes things so much easier to follow. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Commas?

Are commas rationed in your world?

Frequently, as here, commas are placed to break up a sentence and help with understanding what has been written, rather like a short pause when speaking allows you to construct your thoughts. Otherwise it all appears to be one long splurge of words that if you tried saying in your mind would make you run out of breath and curse the person who wrote it out who had little consideration for those who have to read because they want to see how the story ends and... relax. You see?

As for the story, there was something not quite right about it. Maybe it was the lack of build up demonstrated in its predecessor (the above equally applies there too; is there a theme developing here?) and the fact that the girls had no opportunity not to get together eventually. It was definitely not as satisfying a story, anyway.

Lexi

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 3 years ago
Soooo lovely

Thank you for another love telling story ..... For the grammar freaks commented before here: start to write such beautiful storys yourself and then discuss your "Art" with others / most of the people are here to enjoy, if you don't so better stay away ..... Love at heart is special gift so thank you for sharing

ca_daveca_daveabout 2 years ago

Loved the story 5*, but it was to short and seemed rushed. With out reading the prior story Legal Affair, one would be hard pressed to follow this one. Then in the epilogue you shifted from the main characters to secondary ones, which is fine except it made it hard to follow what was going on. The epilogue was more fitting to Helen and Rachel than to Molly and Megan. I still loved this but you can and have done so much better. Thank you for sharing.

Nicole2023Nicole2023almost 2 years ago

Enjoyed the story but the epilogue threw me, took a second to realize it was Helen's voice. Wish it gave a better ending for M&M. Still 5

FandeborisFandeborisover 1 year ago

I can’t say how much I have enjoyed this story. Molly running off was kinda sorta a surprise. Still, you handled it with care. I thought about cuffing the two together until they kissed and made up. But your solution was far better. 😀 As they say, ‘ alls well that ends well’.

shayneoneshayneoneabout 1 year ago

like always i enjoyed your stories big fan be happy well and safe a fan shayne

dragonlover1dragonlover18 months ago

you would be a "numptie to not enjoy this or any of your other stories. Especially those in the Milly series and associated stories

_robin_robin7 months ago

Coincidentally, I just read a story by another author, also set in Glasgow. Really makes me want to visit that place again! This was a lovely story, thanks.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersandy_paris@sandy_paris
Thanks to those who have rated and commented on my work. I self-edit, juse Grammarly and reread my stories many times but still, errors slip through - I apologise for that and hope that it doesn't distract too much. Recommended reading order: Milly Scott 0 - The New Assista...