Melinoe Ch. 21-25

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Max blinked, "Oh wow! when you do that with your Image on, it goes right to my head.

Joon grinned suggestively, "I promise to use my powers for good... Mostly.

In an instant Max literally swept Joon off her feet with two strong but gentle arms. She squealed in delight and laughed as Max put her over a shoulder. Joon's little round butt was lightly spanked as she giggled loudly. The rest of the family laughed at the spectacle of naughty humor with sexy fun.

Max shifted the petite Elven beauty back into her arms, smooching her soundly. Then carried her to the bridge, Joon giggled the whole way.

0o0

The day crew were seated at the Mess table, Agatha had made Howard's Pain Perdu. Everyone watched as Paula tried it, she put a forkful in her mouth and closed her eyes. Paula moaned softly as she chewed slowly, savoring the flavor. "Delicious." She said without ceremony after she swallowed.

Joon beamed, everyone smiled, and they all tucked in. The conversations still carried much speculation of Class Abilities, and what had occurred in dark corners with Uncle Goat.

When they had their fill, several Hands of Agatha cleared the table and freshened everyone's beverage.

"So, what happened?" Astrid inquired, addressing Max.

Samira asked, "Did your Uncle set up the meeting?"

Max smirked, "He is everyone's Uncle if he's my Uncle, as he is Joon's Grand Uncle and we are all married to her."

Joon snarked a giggle, "That sounded a little silly."

The crew smiled.

"You know him." Vika said to Max. "You said before, he is a good man."

Max nodded, "He is." Joon sipped her tea and Max cleared her throat. "So, we are to contact the FO at eleven Zulu, and they will take Joon's call." Max summarized. "He emphasized that Joon's successes should take center stage, that any 'help' he gave her would be justified." Max looked at Joon.

Astrid sipped her tea.

Joon continued, "Uncle said I should shamelessly use that we are related, it will cover a great deal of the other tidbits we don't need the FO to know about. He also said I need to make sure they know I am working for them."

Max and Joon shared a look.

Astrid pursed her lips, "So as long as you impress them, they won't bother you?"

Joon smirked, "As I am to understand it, as long as I fill out all the data work."

She glanced at Paula, they both smiled, "I'll have the freedom to do my job."

Everyone had a sip of their beverages.

Samira focused on Joon. "What happened to your 'Image'?" Inquired Samira with a raised eyebrow.

Joon studied Samira's face, her cyborg spouse really did look magnificent now. Her dark-brown undercut top locks were neatly brushed to one side. Charcoal-black tattoos on full display covering her neck and around her head. They framed her face, making her dusky sandalwood complexion glow. Eyes of deep-amber gilded in gold gave Samira a mythical quality.

"It faded about five minutes before we sat down for breakfast." Joon replied with a smile. Joon glanced at Agatha, "How long did you say the applications last?"

Samira changed her focus to Agatha.

"About ten minutes per cast, Mistress." She smiled.

Joon nodded, "Apparently the casts do stack though."

Samira blinked, "Oh, that's excellent, you might want to experiment, as it might have a maximum number of stacks."

Joon nodded thoughtfully, "I'll do that."

Samira smiled and took a sip from her coffee mug. Max and Joon shared a look, Max continued the brief. "So, if Joon lands her interview,..." Max was immediately interrupted.

Joon cleared her throat and raised an eyebrow at Max.

Max smirked, "So, 'when' Joon lands her interview, we can expect a little more cooperation with the FO."

Max and Joon shared a look and Joon smiled.

Paula nodded, "I can attest to that, the FO are sticklers for data work, but they do give excellent support."

Vika smiled at Paula and Agatha raised her hand.

Joon nodded to Agatha.

Max raised an eyebrow, "Are you ready for the Lessons of Dau introduction?"

"There are a number of things I wish to discuss, but first I have a few current events to update..." Agatha replied, she bit her lip.

Max smiled, "You have the floor."

Agatha nodded and stood up. "We now have confirmation that the Kirrix are engaged in what has been described as open civil war."

There was a sharp intake of breath from much of the family.

"Rumor has it that Lioness Alyssa Marant enjoined half of the Kirrix leadership to return their captives and withdraw to Kirrix space or she would reduce all of their worlds to ash."

Everyone at the table just stared at Agatha.

"I wouldn't normally comment on rumors, but there are a number of credible corresponding sources. They claim half of the Kirrix are trying to kill the other half, so Alyssa won't kill them all." She waited for anyone to comment, but no one did.

Everyone sat blinking.

Agatha shrugged, "Moving on..."

"Authorities on Staverka continue to investigate allegations of terrorism, seditious conspiracy, and conspiracy to commit regicide. Needless to say, Zalix was somewhat concerned. I am afraid we are directly involved as I am still holding their initial intelligence windfall in custody."

"Outside of the Consulate, only Yzix, Emuzi and Zalix know who and where he is. Zalix, through Emuzi, has requested he remain our guest for a while yet, as security concerns make it difficult and dangerous to process him at this time."

"I am asking my ambassador for her instructions."

Joon smiled, "Oh, I think we can help Zalix through this rough patch."

Everyone nodded and smiled.

"Thank you, your Excellency, I shall relay the sentiment." Agatha curtsied. Agatha slowly scanned around the table, all six of her human wives were watching her with trepidation.

She slowly regained her seat. "I believe everyone here knows just how special Vika and Paula are." The family glanced at Vika or Paula and nodded.

"The abilities they possess are what inspired me to do what I have done. I have installed a system that emulates a version of that kind of special ability in all of you. 'The System' is just for my wives, I will remain as I am to care for and assist all of you in a more mundane fashion."

Agatha smiled softly.

"The Fantasy Class Powers must be discovered, then learned if applicable.

Max shared a look with Joon.

"I will try to explain and clarify them when possible, however, you must be willing to stretch your minds to find them."

Max pursed her lips in thought.

Agatha raised an eyebrow, "Any questions?"

Max raised a finger up.

Agatha nodded.

"Do you already know what we'll be able to do, or are they generated as we go." Max inquired.

Samira nodded, "Good question."

Agatha smiled.

"The Class abilities have already been allocated, be mindful of how power distribution is divided in the Fantasy Genre Samira has such a firm grasp of."

Everyone looked at Samira.

"Oh shit... I'm the fucking guide?" Samira's jaw dropped.

Astrid giggled, "Being a cosplay gamer nerd is now super important Sam!"

Samira blinked, "I guess so..."

Joon peered at Samira, "What did Ags mean by power distribution?"

Samira nodded to Joon, "Essentially, mono-class versus multi-class.

"Max is a Warrior, she has a single line of progression through her Class abilities."

"She'll be able to dedicate all of her learning experience in it."

Agatha nodded.

Samira continued, "If I remember correctly, you went with Cleric-Bard?"

Joon clarified, "Bard-Priest... Cleric's wear armor and swing weapons, I'm not interested in that rubbish."

Joon winced, "No offense."

Samira smirked, "None taken... So you would need to open your first level Priest ability, before you could advance with your Bard again."

"You have to split your learned experience between the two Classes."

Max nodded with understanding, looking at Agatha, "That's why you want us to practically learn our Class abilities, it's literally using experience.

Agatha smiled.

Joon turned to her towering wife... "What's your Class ability called?"

Max blinked, she turned to Agatha, "You didn't tell me."

"I don't need to..." Agatha smirked.

Max thought about it a few moments, then her eyebrows raised, "Maneuver! I was thinking about it when I was experiencing it." Max's eyes grew large. "Agatha doesn't need to tell us, we'll recognize it."

The family smiled as one.

Then Paula raised her hand, looking at Agatha, "What about Vika and I?"

Agatha looked to Samira.

Samira blinked, "Oh... uh... Vika was, er, is multi-class Rogue-Shaman and Portent is her first level Shaman Class Ability, so she should be working on her first Rogue one."

Paula lifted her chin slightly while her eyes focused on Samira.

"And you." Samira continued, "Already have Fortune as your first Class Ability for Witch." Samira smiled, "So you're accumulating experience for your 'Second' level Class Ability."

Paula shrugged, "As far as I know, I was born with Fortune."

Samira nodded, "You and Vika have a huge head start on everyone."

Paula opened her mouth for just a moment, then said. "I guess, we do."

Vika held Paula's hand and smiled broadly. "See, Moya Zayka... We were meant to be here."

"Wait!" Astrid suddenly said, slapping both of her hands spread out on the table.

"I have a Crafting Class. How do I advance that? Astrid looked at Samira frustrated, "Do I make a pile of gizmos hoping something clicks?"

Agatha focused on Samira.

"You could do that," Samira nodded, "Or you could follow your Quest line and make drone stuff for Mage. That way you're not grinding away on useless crap."

Astrid blinked, "Oh yea, I'm a Dronemancer." Astrid's brow furrowed, her mouth went a little too wide, and she smiled with an evil grin.

"Stop it, Asa-chan." Vika said softly, "You are scaring my wife."

The table broke out in giggles.

Astrid giggled loudest, then looked at Samira "So... If I am a Mage, with drones... What abilities do I have?"

Samira shook her head, and shrugged, "It could be almost anything.

"But I would say, while your drones are attacking, what is keeping you safe?"

Astrid blinked, "Ohhhh! I didn't think of that."

Samira nodded, she gently brushed Astrid's cheek with the backs of her cybernetic fingers, "I constantly think of everyone's safety, It's my job."

"Pala-Faun." Vika winked at Samira.

Samira smiled at Vika, then looked at Agatha, "So what's our level cap?"

The table quieted down, everyone looked at Agatha.

Agatha raised an eyebrow, "Level cap?"

Samira's jaw dropped again.

Joon and Max shared a worried glance.

"What does that mean Samira?" Max asked, her face worried.

Samira looked into thin air and replied softly, "There is no limit to how powerful the Abilities will eventually get."

Joon peered at Agatha.

Astrid smirked, "Infinite Agatha again."

Agatha winked at Astrid.

Max nodded, "So while doing all of our jobs, diplomacy, intelligence gathering, making music holo-vids... we're becoming Fantasy Heroes.

Joon smiled at Max, tilting her head slightly, "Sounds like fun, where do we start?"

Max smiled, "I was hoping you had a plan."

Joon peered at Agatha, "Is there anything else to add from the Lessons of Dau?"

Agatha shook her head, "You have had the introduction, Samira is an expert on these kinds of systems."

Samira focused on Agatha, "Your Class is Magical Cat-girl. Is there another name for it?"

Agatha locked eyes with Samira. "Thaumatologist"

Samira blinked, "Whoa."

"What does that mean, exactly?" Astrid asked.

Samira replied softly, nodding in understanding, "Expert on Miracles."

Everyone took that moment to sip beverages and contemplate.

Max casually looked at Joon, "So where are we going?"

Joon didn't look at Max, she was still focused on nothing, contemplating. "I think we'll go look at a Bract Depot."

Max nodded, "Ah. Do we have information on them?"

Joon shrugged her shoulders slightly, "Not much. The FO calls them a Corporate Republic, but they don't act like one, or not obviously so. They are very commerce focused, but they mostly carry cargo for other nations. Bract are very good at moving things from one place to another. They have the cheapest rates and immaculate reputations. Bract will carry for, or trade with almost anyone."

"They draw the line at Kirrix and do no business with slavers or traffickers. Bract Clippers are one of the most recognizable ships as they are a common sight in and out of Terran space."

Max sipped at her tea. Vika raised her hand. Joon smiled and nodded to her. "Logo and I worked as security on a Bract Clipper for more than three years." Vika said matter-of-factly.

Max and Joon shared a look.

Joon beamed, "Great, what can you tell us about them and their Depots?"

Vika smiled.

"Bract have five Major Depots in the Trankaran Republic, they have dozens of minor ones, some far outside Republic territory. I have been to all major ones; they are busy places." Vika smiled, "Bract follow rules of order. Bract Regulations: No matter the Trade Strictures or National Laws of clients, they are always followed. They rarely consider not doing so, Bract Regulations are always more severe. Every Clipper has a Captain and a Regulations Magistrate."

Max blinked, "Like a Lawyer?"

Vika shook her head, "More like a Judge, a Magistrate does not work for the Captain, they are assigned to the Clipper by the Conglomerate. No Bract Captain owns their Clipper either, all are owned by the Conglomerate."

Joon nodded, "That's probably why the FO consider them a Corporate Republic."

Vika shrugged, "How Bract are with Regulations, other nations would have riots and violence. It is less like a business or nation, more like a religion. Breaking Regulations does not happen. Bract don't even consider it. Bract are all about the Game." Vika nodded.

"The Game?" Joon asked.

Vika nodded, "They don't talk about it to non-Bract, but the Game is very important to them, Bract worship it. I know because I worked with them, heard them talk and learned their language."

Everyone blinked

"You speak Bract?' Paula looked amazed.

Vika shook her head, "I don't speak it for shit. Bract language is like... Shikchikchikshhhickchkkshikk." Vika lifted her tiny fists above her head, moving them like Bract antennae. "I understand it," Vika said, dropping her arms. "I learned Bract while learning ship jobs, and being around them for years. I never told them I had learned, dreams showed me not to."

Samira listened intently then took a sip from her coffee mug.

Vika continued. "Bract speak many languages, they don't need to teach theirs to anyone. They don't usually speak it around non-Bract, and they only talk about the Game in it."

Vika's family listened closely to the tiny, muscular woman.

"Bract love their Game, Clipper Captains all Play it. One Game Season is five to six Terran years long. During a Season, Plays are made, and scores recorded. If a Captain is skilled, smart, and very lucky, the captain could get a Galleon. If a Play does not follow Regulations, it is considered a Bad Play and there is no increase of Score."

Joon interjected, "What constitutes a Play?"

Vika replied, "Fulfilling a commercial Contract."

Everyone nodded in understanding.

"When a captain gets and fulfills a Contract they increase their score in the Game."

Paula looked at her tiny wife with an inquiring look, Vika nodded to her.

"How do they determine these things?" Paula asked, fascinated.

"The Magistrate interprets Regulations and keeps a Captain's score. All captains want to increase their score, Very Good Plays increases score a lot. Top scoring captains get Galleons."

Max pursed her lips, "Tell us about these Galleons."

Vika nodded, "I have seen three, they are rare. There are many thousands of Clippers but only a handful of Galleons. A Bract Clipper is 500 meters long, a Bract Galleon is 2 kilometers long "

"Wow," Astrid blinked, "That's enormous." Astrid asked, "So what's the point of this Game, is there a prize, are the Galleons the prize?"

Vika shook her head, "I don't know."

Max frowned, "Maybe we can go to their home world and find out."

Vika focused on Max, "In three years of work, I learned and listened on a Bract Clipper. I had never heard anything about a Bract home world." Vika disclosed.

Joon and Paula shared a look.

"How does one get in touch with a Bract Embassy?" Joon asked.

Vika smiled, "They have Marketing and Customer Service departments."

Joon and Paula's eyes went wide.

"There is one at every Depot." Vika concluded.

0o0

After breakfast Samira and Astrid approached Joon. "Hey, um, would you be okay with monitoring me on my first dive?" Astrid asked tentatively.

Samira had an arm around the taller Engineer, "I told her she wasn't allowed to dive without you."

Joon nodded, "Sure thing, I'm curious to see what Agatha did inside your body, Medical is a little cramped, but there should be enough room to do that."

Paula nodded, "I'll move my desk if you need more."

Joon led the way as they went up to Medical.

"Oh, I think we'll be alright." Joon smiled at Paula. Joon was still getting used to Paula's youthful appearance. "Did you get taller?" Joon asked with a smile.

Paula blinked, "Maybe a little, an inch or two?"

Samira sidled up next to Paula, "Looks like it. You, me and Agatha are all at five foot six."

Mismatched reddish-brown and yellowish-green met deep-amber gilded in gold. Samira and Paula were eye to eye, they both nodded in affirmation. Joon shared a smile and a wink with Astrid, as they entered Medical. Agatha was already there with a pillow.

Astrid beamed a smile and kissed Agatha.

Samira said to Astrid, "I'm gonna go use the Diving chair in the Hub."

Astrid sat on the scanner and laid back with the pillow. Paula sat at her desk and was able to see everything from there and Agatha stood by to assist if needed.

Joon did a quick scan of Astrid, then reviewed the results. The physiological changes the humans married to Agatha had undergone were beyond remarkable as far as Joon's medical perspective was concerned. Joon had closely monitored herself and her wives for days after they first started getting regular improvements from Agatha through Max.

Now she was used to seeing the extraordinary results, and even anticipated them.

Joon had given Paula a good once over when they had a moment after she arrived, and checked it against her TFN medical file. She suspected when she updated Paula's file it would have little resemblance to her old one.

Astrid was also now a completely new situation for Joon. The addition of that amount of cybernetic wetware was completely unheard of. But there they were, fanned out between the two hemispheres of Astrid's brain, the shards of Dau's finest crystalline molecular wetware circuitry, five of them.

Joon had Agatha look it up when it was still being discussed. The accepted rule for Terran wetware systems was that a gifted individual could effectively use two completely unique systems. The two systems would cooperate, essentially doubling effectiveness.

The most wetware ever used by a human was the equivalent to three of those shards. A TFN cyber warfare analyst was first to volunteer to have an additional unit to the two units of wetware they already had.

The procedure was a success... Initially.

However, during recovery the patient reported a lack of focus. The analyst's first units were not syncing up with the addition even though they were given priority. That individual suffered from severe headaches and debilitating episodes for weeks. Resulting in a severe lack of productivity, a net loss for the investment. Eventually the additional unit was removed.

1...45678...22