Melinoe Ch. 21-25

Story Info
Of Pirates and Larvae, which is the pest?
72.7k words
4.86
574
1
0

Part 5 of the 6 part series

Updated 03/19/2024
Created 03/02/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Rusthemod
Rusthemod
474 Followers

Max Intel: Melinoe

Chapter 21 - Imperfect

Joon didn't remember leaving the stage...She just found herself sitting in front of the digital reflection screen in the dressing room. Agatha was beside her, holding her hand, smiling fondly at her.

Joon blinked, turning her head to Agatha. "That did happen, right?"

Agatha beamed a smile, "Yes, Mistress, you were sensational."

Still in a post-performance daze, Joon smiled softly. "Let me know when it's quieted down out there, I'm going to need Max."

"Of course, Mistress." Agatha blinked, "Oh, she's on her way."

Within moments Max was there, Joon stood up and pointed at the stool she just vacated. Max immediately sat and crossed her long legs and the petite woman straddled Max's thighs, draping herself in Max's arms. Joon closed her eyes and laid her head on Max's shoulder as Max gently rubbed Joons back, easing all the stress out of her little wife.

*Is she alright?* Agatha inquired silently.

Max smiled, *Oh yes, she's just fine, this is our ritual after a big performance.*

Agatha nodded in understanding, *I didn't feel her in distress, she was quite elated.*

*I think this is just a cooling down thing, like walking for a while after a run.* Max winked.

After about five or so minutes of the gentle massage, Joon sat up. She looked Max in the eyes, "Did that go as well as I think it did?"

Max smirked, "Maybe even better."

Joon nodded, she turned to Agatha, "Is the house still full?"

Agatha reported, "The auditorium has emptied, the public audience who remain nearby have congregated in the lobby. However, our family and those of Ambassador Zess are still within the auditorium." Agatha concluded.

Joon smiled and nodded to Agatha, she then turned to Max. "I'm not sure how much longer I can stay awake, you might need to carry me back to the Deirdre."

Max smirked, "I think I remember how."

Joon kissed her handsome Dame. "Okay... I'm ready to face my public execution."

Agatha raised her eyebrows then shared a look with Max.

*She's fine, I swear.* thought Max, adding a wink.

Joon led the way back out to the auditorium. Max and Agatha followed carrying instruments in armored cases. Zess spotted Joon the moment she opened the backstage door and stepped out. The Dauzakai Ambassador leapt to her feet and charged Joon, wrapping her in an embrace.

Joon reciprocated, causing Paula to blink, she was stunned at the display of affection between Ambassadors.

"Joooon!" Zess sang, "Thiss was far beyond my expectationss!"

The pair soon stood belly to belly chatting about audience reaction, how the Dauzakai holo-net and cyber-net had blown up over the performance. Apparently, a number of those in the audience had live-streamed to social media.

Joon glanced at who was around her. Max, Agatha, Astrid, Vika, Samira and Paula...Also Miku, Nomissa, Ness, Vess and Itumii; all of whom were quite excited about the performance, praising the entire production.

Joon cleared her throat, gaining the attention of family and friends. "I would like to thank Ambassador Zess and Director Itumii for allowing me this opportunity." Zess and Joon let their embrace shift into a stance of friendly arms around each other's waists.

Paula observed the behavior in amazement but kept her expression neutral.

Itumii bowed to Joon and Zess, "You are mosst welcome to vissit thiss ampitheater anytime you wish, your Excellency. For you, the calendar is always open."

Zess beamed a smile at the small Director. Then Joon yawned... She blushed and apologized profusely.

Zess hugged her again, "Go and get ssome resst... We will chat later."

The two families bid Itumii farewell and departed the amphitheater in different directions. Max scooped up Joon who embraced her towering wife while Agatha and 'Una' each carried an armored instrument case.

Astrid assembled her small flock of holo-projection drones and she had them follow her in tight formation. The HD remotes were nestled in the backpack docking station she wore. Samira carried the special chair again, assisting Astrid with her other two arms while Paula and Vika held each other's hands, sharing a smile, and Dame Captain Max carefully carried her drowsy Lady-wife in her arms, letting Joon lay her head on a broad shoulder.

Joon nodded off while her family quietly departed the amphitheater through a side door.

Agatha led them with uncanny accuracy through the twisting alleys and along narrow terraces threading the most direct and expedient route to the Deirdre. The cargo bay loading ramp had just finished deploying as they entered the narrow and untidy dock. Agatha surmised the landing bay was designed for freight, she doubted anyone might suggest it was improper.

Currently the Deirdre did not look out of place, however, the family's newest spouse was taking all of these new unexpected parameters in stride. As the crew boarded their tiny warship Paula asked no one in particular if they considered refinishing the exterior of the corvette.

The giggles in response brought a confused expression to Paula's face. Astrid explained, "The current exterior is called 'Tramp Debris'; it is my own composition and can be refashioned with the tap of a key."

Paula blinked, "Oh... Well, nevermind, I was completely fooled!"

Astrid beamed a smile, "Don't worry, I take it as a sincere compliment of my efforts."

Paula nodded, "I should have guessed: this group is so full of surprises."

Vika pulled Paula down for a smooch. "I will show you our home, Moya Zayka."

The crew went in different directions, everyone felt the corvette's engines hum to life. Max carried Joon to the CQ giving Agatha a glance, who nodded in return with a smile. The tall Captain, with Agatha's help, stripped their half-asleep Lady-wife down.

Max tucked Joon and Agatha under the duvet, kissing them both on the forehead after which Agatha cuddled up to Joon, spooning her petite Mistress.

Max nodded with a smile, leaving the CQ and walking up to the bridge. There was only one Hand of Agatha on the bridge: she was at the helm, so Max slid into navigation, glancing over at her exotic wife. The Deirdre was flying in formation with the now familiar Dauzakai shuttle.

"Does the shuttle have a name?" Max inquired.

Agatha replied, "Other than the designation 'Terran Diplomatic Ship' with an alphanumeric code, it does not."

Max pursed her lips, "We should think on it... Or ask Joon."

Agatha giggled.

"Back to the Castle." Max glanced at Agatha.

"Sakima-sadi-Misimi here we come!" Agatha nodded with a smile.

0o0

Vika walked slowly as Paula took in the details of the tour. They had started with the cargo hold then went through the storage areas along the ramp wells. They then went up into the tactical briefing room where Vika showed her the hologrid topographical display, glossing over the breaching boom.

Paula stared at Vika, "That's not standard... What is it for?"

"It is specifically designed for covert boarding..." Vika did not elaborate.

Paula raised an eyebrow and said under her breath. "Oh my."

"Our beloved Captain-wife is highly trained." Vika nodded.

The couple continued up to the main deck. Vika pointed at the armory hatch, "All firearms are in there, only Sam can carry all the time."

Paula nodded, "I'm surprised she doesn't."

Vika grinned, "She does."

"She does?" Paula looked confused.

Vika nodded, "Yes."

She pointed across the corridor, "Pantry... Dry and frozen provisions." Vika took a few steps and opened the hatch to the CQ adjacent to the armory. She and Paula peered in.

They saw a sleeping Joon with Agatha tucked in behind her. Agatha opened her eyes and put a finger to her lips and they both nodded in acknowledgement.

Agatha wiggled her fingers and Vika and Paula waved, stepping back and closing the door.

"Agatha is very caring." Vika commented.

Paula nodded, "She is."

They continued into the Mess-Galley-Dining compartment.

"Would you like tea, or coffee?" Vika asked.

Paula smiled, "No, thank you."

A Hand of Agatha waved from the Galley Kitchen, and they waved back. Vika walked them back out into the corridor, then right into Engineering. Astrid was seated at her workbench, tapping through a series of screens from Joon's performance while Samira and Agatha were carefully crating the projector drones, making sure they were safely stored.

The bronze Dauzakai design incorporated a collapsing spring assembly that had to have the tension carefully reduced for storage. Sam could manage it by herself with four hands, but Agatha had to show her how it needed to be done.

Vika and Paula stood at the doorway. "How goes it, Sorceress?" Vika asked.

Astrid turned her head and smiled over her shoulder, "Oh, it's a challenge!"

Vika frowned playfully, "Are you saying it is too difficult?"

She turned on her shop-stool, giving Vika a searching look. Astrid blinked, "Are you trying to goad me in front of Paula, you little meanie?"

Samira and Agatha instantly stopped to witness the playful banter.

Vika stepped into the compartment, walking slowly, and smiled as she spoke, "I would understand if this was too difficult, it may be beyond you to make five go into six, yes?"

The diminutive redhead broke into a mischievous smile then and quickly raised an eyebrow and brought an extended pinky to pursed lips. Vika's pantomimed comically evil expression brought smiles to Samira and Agatha.

Astrid blinked, then narrowed her eyes with a grin, "Ah... I see your strategy."

"Hahaha!" Astrid laughed dramatically then stood and posed heroically, "I have dismissed that disaster with my layered enhancing algorithms! You can focus on any of the performances in better than eight kay definition. I will not be denied!"

Vika, Samira and Agatha applauded... Astrid took a bow.

Paula looked at Sam and Agatha, her expression was confused so Samira smiled at Paula, "Have you been initiated into the fantasy realm?"

Paula's lips thinned, "That's the Witch thing, right?"

"Oh yes, it is very important, we all have a part to play!" Samira reached out with a hand.

Vika leaned back against the tall Engineer, smiling.

Paula's mis-matched eyes glanced around the room...She nodded and placed her hand into Samira's.

For five minutes Samira summarized the capabilities and advantages of the Witch Class. Samira focused on how subtle buffs could improve performance for most situations. Then she noted the possible combinations when a Shaman and a Witch worked in concert.

Samira touched on all of the Adventurer Classes, denoting the types and roles they fulfilled in a party. By the end of the short lecture, Paula felt surprisingly empowered by Samira's blandishments.

"I was unaware..." Paula smiled, "I will do my utmost to bolster the party."

Astrid and Vika gave quiet applause, and Agatha squealed softly.

"I just realized," Astrid pouted, "that Sorcerer isn't a Player Class."

Samira shook her head slightly, attempting to clarify "Sorcerer, Enchanter and Artificer are all basically synonymous. They're Crafting Classes, using magic to create and or enhance weapons, armor, and various objects." Samira smiled at her platinum-blonde love.

Astrid pouted, "I don't want to be a Non-Player Character."

Samira strode directly to Astrid's side and Vika shifted quickly back to Paula, putting an arm around her waist.

"You're not listening, my dear Astrid..." Samira began, "Crafting and Adventuring Classes are not mutually exclusive."

Astrid blinked, her jaw dropped open, "So... I can choose an Adventuring Class in addition to Sorceress?"

Samira nodded, raising an eyebrow. "Damn right, you can."

Astrid bit her lip, "We're going to discuss this at length when I am done with the holo-vid, mark my words Sam."

The cyborg smiled broadly, "I can hardly wait."

0o0

The Deirdre reduced its velocity and made its approach once again to the carved grotto-hanger above Sakima-sadi-Misimi. The shuttle took up station and waited for the warship to land first. In only a few minutes, the shuttle followed suit.

Agatha went through shutdown procedures as Max observed the shuttle, "I want you to have a good tactical kit for the two Hands we leave behind."

Agatha looked at Max with endearment, "Yes, Captain."

A few moments passed and Max looked at Agatha.

"You were going to do that anyways." Max reflected.

"Yes, Captain." Agatha grinned.

Footsteps caught Max's attention, she turned to see Vika and Paula stepping onto the bridge. Max smiled, "Hello there, how goes the tour?"

Paula nodded and smiled. Vika said, "I want you to show Paula the guest cabin."

Paula didn't show any reaction, but Max did, her eyes went wide. "Ah... I see," Max stood up from navigation, giving Vika a questioning look.

Vika raised her eyebrow, "Is there need to wait?"

Paula glanced at Agatha who gave her a thumbs up. Max swallowed, "I suppose not... as long as you're alright with it, Paula."

Paula's eyes snapped back to Max, she nodded quickly, "Fine, just fine."

Vika walked over to navigation then sat on the couch Max had just vacated unmindful of the fact Max and Paula shared a nervous glance. "This way." Max gestured up to the quarterdeck.

When the two uniformed Terrans left the bridge Agatha muttered softly, "That was kind of mean."

Vika nodded, "They both need it...Calm them down."

"I could have done that." Agatha responded.

Vika smirked, "Max has vanilla smoothie."

Agatha giggled, "True."

0o0

Samira gave Agatha a searching look and Agatha smiled. They both glanced at Astrid who was hard at work on the music holo-vid. Samira pursed her lips in thought as Agatha pulled the next drone over in front of her, then tilted her head. The silent conversation was via Samira's wetware and encrypted link to Agatha at the comms hub. Samira shrugged as she used all four of her hands to make the drone compact and safe for storage.

Agatha blinked and then smiled. Samira turned and stared at Agatha. "I'll bring up the possibility, but I would never pressure her to do that, it's a very personal choice." Samira whispered out loud.

"Yes, of course it is..." Agatha nodded, "It was only a suggestion... from Joon."

Samira blinked, "She's awake?"

"No." Agatha grinned.

Golden eyes went wide as Samira realized the implications. She finished crating the last drone. Samira looked over her shoulder back at Astrid, studying the pale-blonde hair, high cheekbones, and slim athletic build; Samira sighed softly. Agatha laid her hand on Samira's. Samira turned to share a look with Agatha, they both nodded and smiled.

Agatha walked down the stark corridor. Her footsteps echoed off the native stone. Yzix's extensive interview had concluded without incident. Agatha had just returned her prisoner to his cell and fed him.

It wasn't a lavish meal, but Teffa said it was more than adequate.

Agatha contemplated the Slarmian Police Inspector. She knew Yzix had returned to the office she'd lent him, and his emotions were turbulent. The interview had started predictably, Yzix was methodical and very patient.

In just a few minutes he managed to strip Durx of any hope of deliverance. Yzix's mastery of explanation and expression painted a very grim picture. The terminal ultimatum gave Durx no sense of hope, and Yzix exploited it ruthlessly.

Agatha had indeed learned a great deal from the interviews, she absorbed them in minute detail. She was certain Yzix was composing his report, collating all the information Durx had given. Yzix was able to refer to the recordings at need, double checking the many names...and positions.

Agatha was sure it would soon be very busy in both the Staverka Police Commision and the GSD Naval Command. Durx confessed he did not know all the members of Blackdawn, but he knew those who did; and she was sure Yzix was making plans to pursue all leads.

Agatha knocked lightly on the door of the office, she heard Yzix bidding entrance. She opened the door and popped her head in. "How did it go, Inspector?"

Yzix smiled weakly, and waved Agatha inside, "Splendid! you intimidated Durx greatly."

Agatha curtsied, "I have my moments."

"I trust you have seen the recording of the interview?" Yzix asked, a tremor in his voice.

Agatha nodded, "I caught a few minutes of it, will those names be enough?"

The Inspector's sharp yellow eyes narrowed.

"If half of the information is accurate... It will turn Staverka upside down." Yzix inhaled, "I am going to show what I have to Polkovnik Emuzi, then implore her to initiate a restricted exigent ministerial assembly."

Agatha's eyebrows raised, "Why?"

Yzix sighed, "It's the only way to get all of our authorities on the same page... Without leaks."

Agatha tilted her head, "Leaks to whom?"

Yzix clenched his jaws, "Parliament."

0o0

Max led Paula into the guest quarters. "This used to be the captain's cabin, I prefer the crew quarters." Max smiled trying to lighten the mood.

Paula stood with no expression on her face, noting the features of the cabin.

"So, um." Max started, "Where are you from?"

Paula did her almost smile, "Pamplona."

Max blinked.

Paula continued, "Spain."

Max blinked again.

"Terra." Paula raised an eyebrow.

Max nodded and smiled, "I've been there..."

"What part?" Paula looked curious.

Max thought for a second, "Hellnar."

"Ah," Paula nodded, "Not too far away from Pamplona."

"Where are you from?" Paula glanced up at Max.

"Ostigrad City." Max responded.

Paula returned a blank expression, giving Max a little relief from not knowing where Pamplona was.

"Galon Prime." Max concluded.

Paula nodded, her lips thinning slightly. Galon Prime didn't have a lot going for it, besides, Max identified much more with Jericho.

Max glanced at the long bed, "Would you like to sit?"

Paula's lips thinned, "Dame Captain."

"Max." Max replied.

"Yes, Ma'am." Paula nodded, "I believe that Vika had the best of intentions on bringing about this particular interaction at this time. You and I are both officers, I will of course do what needs to be done, for the sake of the Family." Paula continued: "However if this isn't a time in which all parties concerned are not represented in a flattering light, then it shouldn't be a great loss with the temporary situation. I am sure you can see my point of view, Dame Captain."

"Max." Max gently corrected.

"Yes, Ma'am." Paula seemed to be trying to find a logical way to approach avoiding the subject.

Paula took a breath and continued, "I would understand if what is about to occur didn't occur simply because I was found...wanting."

Max blinked, raised a finger to interject, but Paula didn't see the digit and kept going.

"Vika was very sure that I would be just fine, but I worry as I am so much older, and perhaps that might be grounds for disqualification. The kindness and welcome I have felt, especially during the dream party, well, they are simply more profound than anything in my life. I really want to make Vika happy, but I understand if some things cannot be helped. She really is a simply wonderful girl, and I would hate to disappoint her."

Paula paused.

"Are you finished?" Max asked.

Paula bit her lower lip, "Yes, Dame Captain."

"Max." Max corrected again, this time with a smile.

"Yes, Ma'am." Paula looked down.

"Please, say my name." Max requested softly.

Paula took a deep breath... "Max."

"See, not so difficult?" Max smiled as she sat on the long bed and patted the edge.

Paula's eyes grew briefly, then she slowly moved and sat.

"Not very long ago... I was just a Marine Sergeant." Max said, looking into Paula's whimsical mis-matched eyes.

"I remember Joon saying that." Paula replied.

Max smiled, "Am I so scary?"

Rusthemod
Rusthemod
474 Followers