Memories (750 words)

Story Info
The restaurant held so many wonderful memories.
750 words
4.44
4.1k
3
11
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Evening had arrived bringing with it a chill to the air as the sky darkened, but he didn't seem to notice as he stood alone, outside the restaurant, looking in.

The place was familiar to him.

He came here every year with his wife, on their anniversary, to celebrate.

It was the first place he had bought the shy dark-haired girl after he had eventually summoned up the courage to ask her to go out on a date with him.

It was where he had, nervously, gone down on one knee and proposed to her almost a year later. Almost fainting with relief when she had said yes.

It was where, on their third wedding anniversary, she had told him she was pregnant and that he was going to become a father.

More than anything it was a place that held so many happy, wonderful memories for him.

Glancing up as the door opened, he saw her enter holding her daughter's hand, leading the blond-haired girl across the room.

How old was she now? Six, seven? He struggled to remember. The years seeming to merge together.

The intervening years since she had announced her pregnancy had been kind to his wife. She had a few more lines and the odd grey hair but overall, she was still his Amy. Tall and slender her hair was still the same dark brown bob that he loved while her brown eyes sparkled again, just as they had always done.

Making their way past the other diners she sat herself and the child down at their table, the one they always sat at. Had she chosen it specifically he wondered?

Not that it really mattered but he liked to think she had.

Picking up the menu she studied it carefully although he knew it was unnecessary. She would ask for a glass of white wine and then order the prawns with avocado to start followed by the lasagne.

The lasagne had always been their favourite when they ate here and he recalled the taste of it as he pulled up his collar around his neck The cold night air should have chilled him but he didn't seem to notice it.

What would the little girl have though? He didn't know. So, every year he watched with curiosity waiting to see what she ordered.

A glass of orange juice to start. He knew she always had that but her meal had changed as she got older.

His wife took her time making her decision but, just as he had predicted to himself, she asked for a glass of chardonnay and then proceeded to request the prawns and avocado with the lasagne as her main course.

This year the child had chosen the chicken goujons and he smiled, nodding in agreement. It was a good choice.

He was still smiling to himself when the restaurant door opened and a solitary man entered.

Tall and bespectacled he looked around and, spotting Amy across the room, he made his way towards them.

His smile faded to a frown as the newcomer bent to kiss her and then the girl before removing his coat and sitting in the vacant chair.

Now it was his turn to peruse the menu, studying it briefly, before making his choice and ordering from the waiter.

The first drops of rain began to tap noisily against the glass as the heavy clouds built in the night sky. He failed to notice however, his attention was totally fixed on his wife and the stranger as they talked.

He felt his heart lurch when the man reached across and took Amy's hand, smiling at her, as he said something that made her laugh.

His stomach knotted with an unexpected twinge of jealousy even though it was good to see her happy again.

It had been a long time since her had seen her like this.

Not since it had happened.

Two days after she had told him he was going to become a father the car, its driver over the drink limit, had gone through a red light and mounted the pavement, knocking him down.

He dismissed the memory.

It was a bad one and tonight he wanted only the good ones.

Looking through the window again he smiled. His wife was obviously happy she had moved on and found love again.

He turned away and stared up into the night sky. It was now time for him to go, time to move on as well.