Memories

Story Info
Love is also patient and kind.
746 words
4.37
2.2k
2
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The sex was fantastic. We awoke in the early morning hours spooning as my hand rested just beneath her breast. Maria pushed back the covers and rolled over.

She smiled and said, "Shouldn't you be getting ready for the game? Bill will be coming by soon, you know."

"Plenty of time", I replied.

"Well, if you say so."

I slipped out of bed and took a quick shower. Back in the bedroom, my back was turned as I dropped the towel and fished for underwear from the dresser drawer. She screamed.

"Who the hell are you?"

With boxers and t-shirt in place, I turned and calmly said, "I'm Sam. I'm getting dressed before Bill comes by for you."

She continued clutching the sheets around her neck looking fearful.

"Oh yeah. Sam. Sorry. For a moment you looked like an old man."

I continued dressing.

"Maria, I am going now. You have plenty of time to shower and dress before Bill arrives."

"Sam, we need to talk. This won't take long."

I sat on the mattress and asked, "What's up?"

"Sam, we can't see each other any more."

"Why?"

"I'm in love with Bill. The sex with you is great and you have a wonderful personality. But there is no connection between us."

"I don't understand."

"When I am with Bill, he seems to know what I am thinking and feeling. And I know what he is thinking and feeling. That's what I mean by a connection. I know what you are thinking and feeling, Sam, but you have no idea about me, do you?"

I scowled and said, "Maria, you aren't the only fish in the sea. We are through! Understand? Finished! When I walk out that door, I am never coming back. Enjoy your precious Bill!".

I finished dressing while she sat very still. I stood up and declared, "Good bye Maria."

Maria's crying tore my heart as I walked into the den but I knew she would recover. True to form, the shower ran for a bit then I heard her dressing. She walked in, put her arms around me and kissed my bald spot.

"What would you like for breakfast?"

"What ever you fix is fine with me, honey."

"Bacon and eggs, then?"

"Exactly what I had in mind."

I listened carefully as she put the skillet on the stove. Then heard her step outside and bask in the mid-morning sun.

Satisfied she was not returning, I walked quietly into the kitchen. The electric element was on "High" so I turned it down to "Medium" then fixed the bacon and eggs. Two plates of scrambled eggs and bacon were soon on the kitchen table along with fresh coffee and warm toast.

I opened the back door and called, "Hey! Is breakfast ready yet?"

"Of course," came the reply.

Maria stood and stretched then came into the kitchen. She sat down to one of the plates and began eating.

"Maria, this is one amazing breakfast!" I gushed.

"Oh, Bill, it was nothing. But thank you."

Later, we drove around looking for nothing in particular. The Dairy Queen was our late lunch then back home for a nap. Our conversation consisted of her repeatedly saying, "I'm ready to go home now."

Around 5:00, Maria asked me to join her on the couch. She confronted me about an affair I had with Angela and her break up with Fred to preserve our marriage. I hung my head then traveled to the local Long John Silvers and bought a family pack of fish.

We ate in silence, watched TV, and were in bed by ten.

Sunday afternoon I took my wife of 55 years home. Maria was happy to be back on familiar ground. Once inside, the staff guided her back to her room while I snuck out to the Administrator's office.

"She is getting worse. This is the last time I will take her home. The only memory I am certain about is her old college flame, Sam. We have that one down to a one-act play. The were other stories about a guy named Fred and my affair with someone named Angela. Most of the time, she just looks around our house and says she wants to go home."

"I understand Mr. Harrison. We will take good care of her."

I drove home comforting myself amid tears with the many recollections of my one and only love until her memory began fading three years ago.