Memories Ch. 09

Story Info
An unexpected house guest...
2.1k words
4.5
1.7k
00

Part 9 of the 10 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/19/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
hrnymom6814
hrnymom6814
148 Followers

*Author's note: I am so sorry for not getting around to publishing the rest of this story sooner! Life, ya know? I know some of you thought it had ended the last chapter and the chapter before that. lol FYI, I will always put "Finale" in the last chapter of each of my stories. ;) (Note it's not this chapter either! :D) Thanks so much for reading!

*

Signing the papers for their house in Monrovia was one day he would never forget. It had only been a month since they first saw the place and started the process, which was a small miracle to close on a place that fast in and of itself. But that wasn't the only memorable and miraculous thing to happen that day.

Larissa was already busy in the kitchen making breakfast that morning when he woke up at 9:30. He could smell bacon sizzling and hear eggs being whisked. He hurried into the bathroom to shower, his stomach already growling and eager to eat the deliciousness being prepared in the kitchen.

Chris was in such a hurry and still half-asleep that he almost missed what was laying on the small counter next to the sink. There, waiting for him, was a picture of Larissa standing in front of their soon-to-be home, next to the big "Sold!" realty sign. She was holding her own sign that read "Coming home in March 2009" with a pair of the tiniest shoes he had ever seen hanging off to one side. Next to that laid a short note in Larissa's handwriting.

We may be going home today, but we officially go from "couple" to "family" when OUR BABY comes home in March next year. Thank you for making all of my dreams come true. I love you so much!

Chris hadn't realized his hand was covering his gaping mouth until he finished reading. Hundreds of thoughts flashed through his mind. Unpacking all of their things at the new place. Setting up a room for the baby as Larissa's tummy grew bigger. Bringing home a tiny infant that was completely dependent upon them. Their children playing in the yard together. They were lovely thoughts, but he shook his head, trying to regain his senses. Larissa! he thought and ran to the kitchen, picture in hand.

He stood in the open area between the living room and the kitchen, dumbfounded as to what to say, probably looking like as big of an idiot as he felt.

"Was there something you wished to say to me?" she smirked and blushed at the same time as she looked up from the pan filled with eggs before her.

"You're...You're pregnant?" was all he could manage to ask, holding the picture in the air.

"I thought that was pretty obvious from the note and picture there in your hand," Larissa gestured with her spatula.

"I just, don't know what to say," Chris finally walked over to her, wrapping her in a big hug.

"Are you going to be this shocked and befuddled each time I get pregnant? Because it's kind of funny."

Chris laughed into her hair as he kissed the top of her head.

"I love you so much," he wanted to hold her forever.

"So this is a good surprise then? Hey! I surprised you for once!" she laughed evilly and flipped the omelet in the pan.

"Yes! Definitely a good surprise, but the last thing I was expecting today!" Chris finally let go. "When did you find out? This took some planning," he waved the picture still in his hand.

"About a week ago," Larissa replied nonchalantly.

"You sneak!" he tickled her sides.

"Hey! I'm cooking!" she reprimanded him as she squirmed.

"When do you go to the doctor?" he stopped his tickle torture.

"August 30th. How lame is that?"

"What?! That's over 2 months away."

"I know. Some stupid policy they have about waiting until you're at least 10 weeks. You know, once you're already a fourth of the way through your pregnancy."

Chris didn't even have to see her face to know she was rolling her eyes. "I'm sure everything will be fine," he rubbed her shoulders.

"I know. I can't help but worry some, though, you know?...You'll go to the doctor with me, won't you?" Larissa turned to him with puppy dog eyes.

"Of course," he brushed loose hair behind her ear and kissed her.

The next year of their lives was blissfully slow and easy-going to Chris. It was a nice change after the whirlwind that was their first year. He mostly kept his promise to Larissa to not take on so much work for a while. The only movie he had worked on for the rest of the year didn't take up much time and had ended up flopping horribly. Most people had never even heard of it. But hey, it was a paycheck and babies were expensive, or so he had heard.

Larissa ended up doing her first Lifetime movie, which Chris still thought was hilariously ironic as much time as she spent watching that station. They started filming during the peak of her morning sickness, too, and she had been such a trooper about it. 2008 and 9, in general, had been one of the most memorable times that stuck out for him by how amazed by her he was.

Not long after the filming wrapped up for the Lifetime movie, Larissa jumped on a guest role on CSI as well. Chris thought she was kind of crazy at the time for taking on so much, especially as nauseous as she was, but if she wanted to work, who was he to stop her? He did try to bring it up delicately one night over dinner after she had announced the guest role.

"That's great!" he congratulated her.

"It's nothing major, but I figured 'what the hell?'" she shrugged. Silence followed except for the occasional clanking of their silverware. Larissa finally broke the silence after several minutes.

"You're awfully quiet tonight. Whatcha thinking about?" she met his gaze as she took another bite of salad.

"Sorry," he shook his head slightly. "I'm just...Are you sure you're up for another job so soon?" Larissa started to speak, but he held his hands up in defense.

"Babe, you know I want you to do whatever you want to do. I'm just worried about you getting...stressed out." He hadn't meant to, but Chris glanced down at her abdomen for the tiniest fraction of a second. Of course, she had noticed.

"Chris," she spoke gently, much to his surprise. "I haven't felt this good for a long time. Well, aside from the constant nausea and occasional barfing, of course," she laughed. "Honestly, I think it's good I'm keeping busy right now. Keeps my mind off things, you know?" Larissa rested a hand on her stomach.

"Yah, of course, babe. I didn't mean..."

"I know," she interrupted, smiling knowingly at him. "It's ok. Everything is ok," she reached for his free hand.

Summer passed and by the beginning of fall, they were both completely done with work and vowed not to take anything else on until after the baby arrived. It was the best possible decision they could have made, in hindsight. Between the craziness of their first year and the craziness Star Trek spurred for Chris' career, they really needed an extended period of time just for themselves. It was like dating all over again without the nuisance of outside obligations. Their biggest obligation those days were obgyn appointments for Larissa.

Chris absolutely loved watching the transformation of Larissa both inside and out while she was carrying their first child. She was soft and gentle, taking joy in absolutely everything, but she also gained a steadfast, strong air about her the farther along she got. Once she started showing, he often caught her resting a hand on her belly, a huge smile on her face as she looked down at the life they had created together inside of her, which was his absolute favorite. There were no words for how insanely happy and content it made him feel. For the longest time, he was careful to not let her know he had seen her, afraid she would become self-conscious of it and stop.

He was even afraid to touch her growing belly for the longest time too. Despite her outward demeanor, Chris knew the miscarriage from the previous year was always lurking somewhere in the back of her mind. Hell, it was in his too. For whatever reason, and maybe it was subconscious, but he felt like if he acknowledged the baby physically, it would cause Larissa worry in some way. Or maybe it was simply just because he was still scared to death of becoming someone's father. Regardless, he didn't feel her growing belly until she asked him to the night after they had found out the gender.

"Isn't it weird knowing what it is now?" Larissa asked, lying in bed next to him with both hands proudly cradling her stomach.

"Kind of," he replied. "I feel like it means we have to get serious about names now," they both chuckled.

"Yah. I suppose so," she began absently rubbing her bump.

"What about Victoria?" Chris offered.

"Ugh," Larissa made a disgusted face. "Like Victoria's Secret?"

"Meh. When you put it like that..." he made a face of distaste of his own. "Not much of a secret there, now is there?" they laughed again.

"Amelia?" Larissa suggested.

"Hmm" he thought for a moment. "It's not terrible. It doesn't seem quite right, though."

"What do you mean 'it doesn't seem quite right'? Is the baby inside of you?" she teased. "Here," she took his hand without asking, placing it on her stomach. "Maybe she'll move for you." Chris hadn't meant to, but tensed up. Larissa looked into his eyes with that new gentleness she had taken on, but didn't let go of his hand.

"Chris, are you afraid of the baby?" empathy filled her voice.

He wasn't sure what to say. "I don't know. Maybe a little?"

"Why?" she looked at him with those big, sad deer eyes.

"I just, I don't know how to explain it. I'm still kind of scared, Larissa. This," he tried rubbing her stomach a tiny bit to ease his anxiety, "is a big deal. I've told you before. I never really thought of myself as a dad until I met you. I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around it. And the more you show, the more real it gets. Plus, seeing that little baby dance around on the screen today was pretty surreal."

Larissa squeezed his hand gently. "You're going to be great, Chris. It is a big deal, but we can handle it," she smiled at him. "It's not like I have any idea what I'm doing either. I guess if worse comes to worse, we can just act like we know what we're doing?" they both laughed quietly.

"I highly doubt you have no idea what you're doing," he gave her a look of disbelief.

"Alright, alright. I've babysat plenty back in the day. Still. Just...Don't feel bad if it doesn't 'come to you' right away, ok? It will. It's different for dads." There was a long pause between them as they stared at each other.

"When did you become so awesome?" Chris asked.

Larissa gasped. "That's not very nice! Are you saying I haven't always been awesome?!"

"Shut up. Now let me kiss you," he leaned in and gave her a long kiss. "I love you so much," he touched the side of her face with the hand that had been resting on Larissa's belly.

"What about Emily?" she blurted out of the blue. Before Chris could respond, she let out a surprised cry.

Larissa took his hand again and placed it back on her abdomen. "Just wait a minute..." They both sat as still and quiet as statues. A minute passed and nothing happened.

"You little turd," she looked down where her and Chris' hand lay.

"Emily" Chris repeated the name aloud. He felt a tiny, but unmistakable punch or kick to his hand from the other side of Larissa's stomach...And immediately drew his hand back.

"It's ok," Larissa laughed. "I think she likes that name."

Chris put his hand back slowly.

"Do you like the name 'Emily'?" she said out loud to the fetus. Another small squirmy feeling met Chris' palm. He forced himself not to jerk away, though it was an undeniably creepy feeling, if he was totally honest. He got used to the kicks, jabs, and squirms after four kids, but it never got any less odd feeling.

"I think she does," he agreed. "Is your name Emily?" It took a few seconds, but he felt another quick movement against his hand. They both laughed.

"Are we entirely sure that doesn't mean she doesn't like it? Seems like she is beating up on you," Larissa joked.

"No, I like that name. Plus, I mean, the baby has spoken. Emily it is," one last tiny kick against his hand. "Now, for middle names..."

hrnymom6814
hrnymom6814
148 Followers