All Comments on 'Memory and Loss Pt. 01'

by ElectricBlue

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
easy writing

Such serene, slow , almost laconic writing..Much enjoyed.

ElectricBlueElectricBluealmost 9 years agoAuthor
laconic?

not deliberately so,

but I guess, when the description is longer than the moment described, the words must be efficient (sufficient?), so yes, I like that

thanks for your time, both to read and to respond, both are greatly appreciated

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Drama

The drama of his feelings and relationship tore apart the story - - - what could have been was torn from the pages. I gave you a 3 but considered only a 2, but my judgment told me not to add drama of my own.

ElectricBlueElectricBluealmost 9 years agoAuthor
wasn't sure what to make of the previous comment

then thought about it. Knowing as the writer that the emotional core of the story makes no sense until a reader has read the (long) preamble to Part 2 and then all of Part 4 - this reader was possibly a premature commentator - and hadn't been patient enough with me.

For me, the clue is in the title - Memory and Loss probably isn't going to be all about sunshine and kittens, and Parts 1 - 4, well that kinda suggests they are all linked together somehow.

So, even though he scored the story 2/3, this reader at least recognised the drama. So that bit worked. And hey, a thoughtful comment, that's always good. Thank you for reading. I don't know if you've read all Parts, though - I had to wait, so you have to be patient with me, I'm afraid.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
A different view; Drama

5 stars. This story hit me right in the gut. I like it when someone writes well enough to draw out real feelings from the reader. It did piss me off. But wasn't that the writer's goal? To show you a betrayal that broke his heart? Go eb

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Glorious Story of Days Past.

The heavy nostalgia of lost youth meant I almost had to read your story through a sepia-tinted lens. But I enjoyed every word because you clearly wrote from the heart. Some incredibly beautiful sentences. A few of them 'just wow.' It was clear that you've spent a great amount of time on this project. I'm glad you shared your memories because it made me rekindle my own.... made me feel young again.

Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
A Rich Revisit

Layer upon layer of lovely, well-written imagery. I couldn't get enough. Which is why I will now click through to part 2, 3, and 4.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Took the calm of a cab ride

To sit down and absorb this. I feel your pain, mate, thank you for sharing it.

samcsam1958samcsam1958over 5 years ago
Fantastic!

This is as absolutely beautifully written story. Great imagery and emotion, well paced and silkily erotic! This is the most well written story I have read on this site to date. I am mostly on this site for the raw eroticism of most of the stories but this one managed to captivate me in a way no other has. I hope the rest of the stories in this series are as good!

AnnieLitAnnieLitabout 5 years ago
5 stars

Don't know and don't really care what happens in the next chapters -- this one is perfect on it's own!

I stumbled on this story in a very roundabout way, so knew absolutely nothing about the author. Was really surprised to find out it was written by a man, I was 150% sure it was a female writing ))

cmj711cmj711about 1 year ago

Does she know you are a writer & shared her imprint on your heart?

Thank you, it's a special lifetime memory, a gift for your readers. xox

RangeExpanderRangeExpanderabout 1 year ago

What a wonderful tribute to the people and the times, and the passion. Thank you! Lovely to remember party mix tapes and Lou Reed and first fumbles and passion and confusion. Sad to remember heartbreak but you are right to name it and grieve it so openly. Thank you!

LittletooLittletoo12 months ago

I loved it! It's so different from the cock and pussy stories I used to read on Lit. It was all so real, I teared up... But then, I'm a girl, and you know how we are.

AG31AG316 months ago

Again, for me the appeal is of the main stream fiction type rather than erotica, per se. In that regard it is a perfect novella.

All four parts are perfect in their own right. I was frequently reminded of something from another one of your stories, "Slowly, Jesse, take me slowly."

And I believed every bit.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userElectricBlue@ElectricBlue
A writer of mostly urban erotica, with more café scenes than a classic French movie; occasional departures to more fantastic worlds, off planet and on.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES