Memory Diving

Story Info
Reliving the memories of others has its risks.
4.3k words
4.37
5.2k
5
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

His hand was on her back, pushing her down against the bed.

The cuffs biting hard into her wrists as she felt her legs being forced apart, the chill air prickling along her skin before the shock of cold metal against her ankles as the cuffs locked in place. She tried to lift her head, to crane over her shoulder and see what was going on but her head was once again pushed down. That massive, rugged hand forcing her face back against the pillow as surely as gravity itself.

Her ears strained to hear every little sound as he moved around the room, his camera clicking time after time. Her skin burning with the knowledge that he was capturing her like this, face down, naked and spread wide open. The shame only made the fire burn brighter as she closed her eyes.

Then the springs of the bed were creaking, the bed dipping as he climbed up behind her. A rough hand pressing against her sex, thick fingers pushing easily inside as she gasped for breath.

Then he was pressing down on her, the stink of motor oil overwhelming her, his cock finding her sex with practised ease as he pressed in.

Gliding.

Filling.

Her wrists and ankles tensed against the cuffs, the little rings of pain only adding a glorious edge to the pleasure as his breath burned against her neck.

He thrust like an animal, not caring about her pleasure, using her as he wanted. The bed screaming beneath them as he slammed easily into her again and again.

He didn't last long, a rumble of thunder and final thrust told her it was over as they both panted for breath. She licked her lips as she thought of what would come next as he slowly climbed off of her and moved around the bed.

Then he was coming finally into her line of sight, his broad strong chest blocking out the light but still allowing her to see his now softening cock and the...nothing on it.

Her heart hammered in her chest. She had expected his condom, the final humiliation of having to pull it off with her teeth. Yet he was bare, her arousal still drying even as a thick droplet of his cum slipped to the floor from the twitching tip.

It wasn't a safe day! It was the most unsafe day in fact! He had just filled her with his cum and she was stuck cuffed to this bed.

Her heart raced and mind flailed as the fire in her burned brighter than ever before.

****

"Fucking shit fuck!" Sammy shouted as she jolted back to the now and rolled out of her capture chair.

Her heart was hammering in her chest, her legs shaking and her crotch sodden as she ripped the headset off and dumped it back into the chair.

I fucking hate the weird ones, she thought to herself as her heart rate finally returned to something apporaching normal and the console beside her let out a series of pleasing beeps and chimes.

The machine was a Memory Dubber, a handy dandy bit of kit that let her take the Memory Dump of someone else, filter though it and then capture some particular memory or moment and save it for others to re-live. The machine itself was actually pretty cheap, the price had tanked after the creator released all the patents and info on how to build them, but that didn't mean every tom, dick and harry was running around dubbing memories and that was because of one thing. The Memory Dump itself.

She leaned forward and checked a few of the small LED displays and tell-tails on the thing as it finished up the dub. The fan's buzzing away as it baked down the insanely complex and detailed sensory information of the memory into a single fixed replay. Eventually, it gave one final chime and a click as it released its death grip on the memory stick.

Sammy pulled the stick free and grabbed her phone from the little stand beside the chair. A few flicks of her fingers and it was marked for pick up. All she had to do was head upstairs to the pad and pass it off to a drone.

The lift was broken, again, so she took the stairs, all the way she fought to stop herself from rubbing at the marks on her wrists from the cuffs. Marks she didn't have but that felt as real as anything else at that moment.

"Hey," She tapped into her phone as she waited for the drone to turn up in the chilly winter air. "Got the memory you asked for, I think."

The client took a few minutes to respond, the little picture of a blandly smiling housewife seeming impossible to match with what she had felt in the memory.

"You think?" She finally replied with a string of shrugging dogs appended to the reply. "Did the marker not work?"

"Oh, it worked," Sammy shot back. Referring to the marker that could be used to find one memory in a wash of millions. It could be anything a smell, a taste, a sensation. "But the memory it found was pretty adult."

She watched the little typing symbol and prayed the dumb bitch would be smart enough to remember what it could have been and not pry any further. This was supposed to be a memory of the date she had with her husband the night their daughter was conceived, something for the daughter to relive and feel the love that brought her into this world.

"Adult?" She got back. The gang of shrugging dogs seems to have multiplied in between replies.

"You getting cuffed to a bed and fucked raw." Was shot back as the ping for the drones arrival warning went off and Sammy saw the hefty quadcopter weave and bob down through the crosswind. "Want that or should I try again?"

A longer pause this time as the drone landed and Sammy's phone told her it would stay for five minutes.

"That was exactly what we wanted!" Came back the reply with high fiving dogs. "I know she'll love it when she turns 18! Thank you so much!"

Sammy popped the memory stick into the carry box on the drone and marked the job as done. The money dropped in her account and she tried not to think about things too hard as she ran out of the cold.

****

"Workin?" Marty pinged at about ten in the morning, the same moment the doorbell rang.

A dead eyed courier was waiting for her with a padded envelope.

She upturned the envelope onto the breakfast nook table and stared as a scuffed up MD dropped out. A little scratched clamshell of plastic that contained nothing more than every memory of a living person. Hard to believe something like that could now fit into your pocket but that was the march of the technology for you.

"Wtf am I supposed to do with this?" She finally sent back to Marty as she finished her breakfast and turned the little MD around in her fingers.

"Bloke set up wt it," came the reply. "Didnt giv a mark."

Sammy tried her best not to smash her phone against the wall or toss the MDs down the drain. An MD without markers was hardly unheard of but it was also one of those things that you tried your best to avoid. People imagined memory as a reel of film, one perfect moment sliding into the next, fuck, even Sammy had thought like that back when she was a kid. Of course, like most things you learn as a kid it turned out to be a fuck ton more complex and difficult to explain. Memory was more like an infinitely complex spiders web of sensations and thoughts that could, if you stood in the right place, form an image of a moment.

So you tried to pull the threads in the right direction.

A childhood bedroom here.

The scent of hot Ribena there.

The image of a loving parent to top it off and you had the memory of a childhood sick day being doted on by a mother or father. A simple little moment seems so easy to tease out. Yet all the elements break apart on scrutiny, a bedroom doesn't look the same when you are bouncing up and down on the bed or standing in the doorway or saying goodbye before heading off to uni after all. Then the taste of a drink or the face of a parent could be so many things and they changed all the time, memory was a snake eating its own tail and shitting out better or worse versions of the past.

Some of these impossible challenges had been overcome by the efforts of man, a machine could feed in the memory and pull moments into something almost understandable. Spinning the unending spiders' web into what it thought might be a single moment. Yet it still needed a human to go through and tease apart the fine details. To make sure that a memory of the first time was with the actual person, or at least the memory of them, and not an ever-morphing hell monster of your mother. A badly dubbed memory could be anything from funny to more traumatic than anything you could ever experience in the now.

Going in without any Markers that would allow you to lock onto a memory only added to the risks which was why it was not the done thing if you were a Memory Diver like Sammy. Some people did it for the good of their fellow man, taking MDs from dementia patients and others who were losing themselves so they could relive the past one more time. People like Sammy worked instead in the ever-growing market for other people's memories.

She had started out in the "softs", memories of a fishing trip or snowball fight or even just snuggling down in a warm bed whilst a storm howled outside. All the moments, little and big, that were soft. They had paid ok and it had been nice at first to be able to work on those memories but the longer she went the more she started to feel the cost of it. Living in the better-remembered past of other people made the now seem so much colder. The bed was never as warm, the sun never as bright or honey gold and the sex was never as good. Although that fatigue hadn't been the thing that pulled her away from them, it had been the darkness that hid just behind these memories.

The web pulled in ways that you could rarely see coming and a thread could lead to dark places. A father was not just the man kissing your forehead and tucking you in for the night. He was the man shouting at you for dropping a bowl or belittling your dress sense or...well, it sometimes got a lot worse.

A golden past she could deal with but not one that could suddenly rupture and spill maggots.

"How many you want?" Sammy sent back as she plugged the MD into the Dubber and left it to slowly work.

"Many as you get." Was the expected reply and Marky didn't disappoint. He was a loan shark cum filthy memory peddler who paid well and, most importantly, on time.

"Get more if you give me something to go on." She pinged back.

"Work it out, you the diver." Marky sent back with an emoji that was so graphic she had to assume it was a custom job.

Fuckin' great, Sammy thought.

****

The blue cracks crazed the darkness, where two cracks ran into each other they exploded out into a dozen more. In seconds there was more light than darkness as the cracks became a web of nodes that seemed to become more and more complex with every passing moment.

Sally watched as it happened, letting the same awe she always felt at watching the MD being visualized. She was floating in the middle of it, her VR suite making everything as real as it could be.

Suddenly the web spasmed, colours starting to spread from node to node, soon the blue was replaced with a mix of every colour in the rainbow as the Dubber did it's best to guess at what it thought was related to each other. Sammy had always assumed the colour coding system was a hangover from the very early days of this tech when it could map maybe a few hundred nodes. Back then a visual cue like that might have actually helped you find something but now, with billions on billions of nodes, it didn't do much more than look pretty.

She pushed the thoughts away and focused down on the task at hand. Without a Marker, most people would write this MD off as a waste of time but Sammy had to admit that she liked a challenge.

Ok, Sammy thought to herself. He only ever wants smut so let's start looking for it.

She pulled images of sex, the scent, the feel of it, into her mind and cast it out into the web. She watched as it spasmed, a seemingly random motion that told her she wasn't close to the mark. So, with a deep breath, she began to send out a storm of images. More and more variants of the same moments, each tinged with a different feeling. The web twisted around on itself, each reaction letting her feel her way closer to something that would pull a real memory.

Then the random motion of the web seemed to align perfectly for a blink of the eye.

Gotcha! Sammy dived forward and...

****

"Is everything to your liking Miss?" The assistant called from the other side of the curtain.

"Great!" She replied, her voice cracking.

"If you need anything else just let me know."

Kathy looked down then and met the eyes of Archie. His mouth still planted tightly against her sex as she leaned up against the changing room wall, her leg hanging over his shoulder.

"Close one," she whispered. The nerves clear enough in her voice that Archie started to pull away.

Her hand pressing against the back of his head stopped that quickly enough and soon she felt his tongue working along her folds again. She let out a tiny gasp and turned to look at herself in the wall-length mirror. Her panties hanging from her ankle, her shirt open to just below her breasts. Her cheeks bright red and fingers digging into the thick brown hair of Archie's head.

His tongue darted into her for a moment, making her spasm with the sensation as she turned to look at the curtain. The thin piece of fabric that could be pulled aside at any moment. As she thought about what that would be like, someone seeing them like this, she pressed down into Archies mouth a little harder. Grinding her hips against him as she reached up with her free hand and pulled the curtain aside just the tiniest bit. Just enough to see the shop floor, the crowds of men and women wandering around, totally unaware of what was going on so close to them.

The thought was hotter than she expected and as Archie shifted up, his teeth grazing over her clit for just a moment, she came. She doubled over, her whole body shaking as she came on his tongue. Every ounce of her self control going into not crying out in pleasure.

Eventually, the wave subsided and she was able to let go of his head. She watched through half-lidded eyes as his mouth came away from her, strings of saliva and her arousal connecting them for a moment as he moved up and kissed her hard. The taste of herself was strong and the feel of his cock pushing through his trousers thrilling.

"Where to next?" She asked, teasing him through the cloth.

Sammy pulled back from the memory, her senses whirling as she again found herself in the centre of the web. The dubber pinged a million miles away and she relaxed slightly.

So we got a kinky one, huh? She thought as she followed the thread that had led her to that memory.

You could, if you knew what you were doing, chain from one memory into another by simply following the thread of experience. She plunged down deeper and deeper...

****

The heat in the room was unbearable.

Even nude he still found himself sweating, the close summer heat only adding to the urgent need as he looked down at her. He straddled her chest, his cock now resting between her ample breasts, the lube had only felt cold for a moment but now it glistened as she slowly pressed her breasts together around him.

"Ready?" He asked, his breath tight in his chest as he already felt like he was on the edge. He couldn't tear his eyes away from her, the way her hard nipples stood out from the wonderful dark chocolate of her skin. The bright red lipstick that turned an already glorious set of lips into something he got hard just looking at and those eyes. Those eyes, green run through with a darker hue that put him in mind of raw jade.

She nodded in answer and he didn't wait. He drew his hips back, feeling his foreskin slide back over the head of his cock as he was pressed between the welcoming softness of her breasts. He thrust forward without even thinking about it. The head of his cock, pre-cum already dripping, coming within an inch of her lips.

His knuckles turned white as he gripped the headboard, at once trying to enjoy the sensation whilst keeping himself under control. Sweat dripped from his brow as he thrust again and again. Her eyes half-lidded as she let her mouth fall open, her hands moving her breasts in time with his thrusts.

"Fuck!" He gasped as he felt himself riding the edge.

"Don't hold back, baby." She purred. Her mouth opened even wider.

That was more than he could take. He thrust forward one last time, letting out a choking growl as he began to cum. He watched as he sent strings of bright white seed splashing across those glorious lips, that perfectly sculpted nose and forcing her to close those amazing eyes. Thick strand after thick strand painted her face until finally he was spent and he could do nothing but watch as she licked her lips and carefully wiped her eyes.

"Damn," she said with more than a little surprise. "You really were backed up."

****

Sammy reeled back from the memory.

What the fuck was that?

She let the web spasm around her, the thread still clear to her but ignored for the moment as her mind whirled.

That wasn't the same person, she thought and knew it was true. She had dived the MDs of trans people before but those didn't feel like this. Those memories always had far more complex emotions tied to them yet that had been pure lust.

An overdub?

The thought made her wince, people tended to avoid reusing cartridges for MDs even though you could technically wipe them. Too many horror stories about bleed-through from old memories. Yet that usually manifested as strange artefacts in memories, people and places that the person never went to. Sammy had never heard of a memory bleeding through so completely and perfectly. They had both been so vivid that she couldn't even say which was the 'true' memory.

She felt the thread tugging at her, the web of memory still in wild flux, wide open for her to dive into yet another memory.

Well, only one way to find out. She grimaced as she spun down the thread and into...

****

She could hear the crowd murmuring and she didn't care.

She arched her back, feeling him pulse inside of her, her hips rolling as she rode him. The harsh spotlight reducing the onlookers to shadows. The cold chain that linked her nipple piercings together tapped against her skin in an uneven rhythm as she moved faster and faster.

Watch me, she thought as she cast her eyes around. You all paid to see this. Paid to see me.

The thought made her heart hammer in her chest and the fire burn even brighter. The feeling of his hands gripping her hips hardly registered as she raced towards her own edge. The shifting light let her glimpse the faces of those who watched. Let her see the hunger that burned there.

Watch Me! She nearly cried out as she felt herself tip over the edge. Her body shuddering as the sensation of all those eyes seemed to set her skin burning with delicious fire.

****

Sammy knew that that wasn't the same woman. Yet it had been as vivid as any other memory.

A remix? She wondered.

It was possible, in theory at least, to take a bunch of Dubbed memories and put them on the same disk. God knows why you would want to do it but you could. Maybe the guy had dumped a bunch onto a disk?

The thread tugged hard and she was pulled down with it before she had a chance to think.

12