Merchant & Monster Girls Ch. 10

Story Info
Helping those i need leads to a solution to future problems.
6.3k words
4.75
2.7k
8

Part 11 of the 14 part series

Updated 03/07/2024
Created 01/26/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The snow had turned glassy and heavy flakes listlessly fell in the lamplight. Tired after a long, fun day in town, Azalea's lungs stung, and she felt sluggish. Having a full belly after their dinner meeting with Mavis didn't help matters.

She hovered behind Devin and Reina, trying to blow warmth into her hands and rubbing them together. She soon gave up, landed on Reina's back, and cozied into her fur.

Her two loves were busy conversing about the new commission, sourcing out bee-girl honey, given by Devin's charismatic harpy sister. Too sleepy to contribute much, Azalea listened to them make plans.

"Tomorrow might be a good time to have the wagon converted, and while we are there, maybe we can have a properly-fitted harness made," Devin commented.

"Less chafing would be appreciated," added Reina.

"The process should take a day or two."

"What changes are you making to the wagon?"

"Nothing major. Same thing I do every year. I'll have the wheels taken off and runners put on, turning it into a sleigh. Can you think of any other adjustments you would like?"

"Some bells."

"Bells?"

"Whitehorns wear a few during blizzards so they don't lose each other. While maybe not practical for us, it is a reassuring and pleasant sound," Reina explained.

Devin held her hand. "Bells it is, then."

As they rounded a street corner, the clock in the town center's tower had chimed eleven times. All the people socializing earlier had gone home, leaving the streets desolate except for an old man locking up his shop for the night.

Azalea was drifting off to sleep when she bolted upright. She stared intently behind them, her eyes flashing purple.

"What's wrong?" asked Devin.

"Someone's over there."

"Where?"

"In that alley." She grabbed his hand and bolted into the darkness.

He couldn't see anything, relying on his distressed-sounding fairy to lead the way. The rank smell of garbage was everywhere. He didn't want to know what he was stepping in as she led him to a dead end.

"Where am I looking?"

Azalea activated her crest, and another flash from her eyes made him rub his. Azalea was a ball of radiance, pulsing with life. His own hand and arm had an equally strong effulgence around them.

"What am I looking at?"

"Remember how we found Reina through her halation?"

"Her what?"

"Her life outline! Never mind about that. We need to save them!"

At his feet, in an overturned barrel, was a very faint outline, ambient and unmoving. A tattered rag hung in front of the barrel opening. The smell from inside made him recoil, but he held his breath and reached in. Digging around a pile of rags, he felt a squishy and soft lump which he dragged out of the barrel. Then he carried it to a lamp post where Reina and Jeni were waiting.

They all gathered around as he pulled back the fabric, revealing a demi-human with black hair, matted and greasy around tall, conical ears.

"A batgirl," wondered Reina. She reached out to discover the girl's skin was pale and cold.

"Is she still alive?" asked Devin.

"She won't be if we don't do something!" Azalea was on the verge of tears.

Jeni brought her ear close to the batgirl's face. "Barely detectable, but she is breathing."

"We might be too late to do anything for her. Finding a chirurgeon at this hour would be impossible... and even if we did, the chances of them knowing how to treat this specific kind of demi-human would be unlikely," Devin contemplated.

"But we have to try, life-mate!" pleaded Azalea.

With an earnest expression, Reina placed her hand on his. "I agree with Azalea, herd-mate. We need to try."

Jeni stroked the lifeless-appearing face with one of her feathers. "This one possesses a little knowledge that may be of assistance."

Devin was dubious but yielded. "Alright, I suppose where there is life, there's hope, and this one isn't gone yet. Maybe you two should take her and go on ahead."

Jeni scrambled onto Reina's back and held out her wings to Devin. "He handed over the demi-human. The owl-girl folded her wings around her patient and hugged her close.

"Azalea and I will be there as soon as we can," Devin stated

Reina sprinted away, the heavy crunch of her hooves disappearing into the dark.

"Azalea, We'll try our best."

"I know, life-mate. Thank you for trying." She sniffled.

—--

Where am I? Am I dreaming? I can't move or see anything. Voices? Whose? There is a calm, gentle voice.

"In here, herd-mate!"

Then an awkward, stuffy voice.

"This one will find apple vinegar for her mange."

A high, tinkling voice.

"Her wing is broken, life-mate."

Are they talking about me? It's hard to concentrate. I should have told my friend about being sick. I know she's going to be worried. She going to be upset with me. But thats ok, as long as I can see her mischievous face again. I want to laugh again at her stories.

"She groaned, life-mate!"

"A sign she's still with us."

'Warmth. It's awaking all the hurt. Hands, many hands, and some not hands... feathers? Strong, rough hands; tiny, delicate hands; slender, determined hands. They are putting something on me. Such a strong smell of overly-ripe apples. Rough scraping. It hurts, but it's making the itching go away.

Now where am I. Am I floating. It's hot. Everything throbs and aches, but it's soothing. Slender fingers are scrubbing something slimy into my hair.

I want to stay here forever. No, put me back in the heat. I don't like being cold. Strong hands are carrying me. I'm on something soft. Am I being dried off?'

Tiny hands are stroking my forehead.

"Too hard to stay awake. I'll just sleep for a bit."

—-------------

"Can you get more blankets, please, Reina?"

Azalea stroked the girl's brow, softly humming a lullaby. Reina draped another blanket over the bed.

"This one has brought a stick of lavender incense meant to provide a restful sleep," Handing it over to Devin, he lit it for her, and a soothing fragrance filled the room.

"We scrubbed the mange off as best we could. The rest is up to her body to heal." He said tiredly.

Reina untied her apron and folded it. "What do you think happened to her? Could she have flown into something and crashed?"

"This one thinks, she's sick. Her breathing is raspy, and she sounds congested, conducive to her lungs being full of fluid."

"A mystery, for sure." Devin said. "Tomorrow when we go into town, we'll ask around to see if we can find a professional to look her over. I'm going to bed. I'm exhausted."

This one is sorry she does not have more bed space available for Young Patron."

"It's alright, Jeni." Devin pulled a chair over, tipped the back against the wall, and put his feet up. "I'm too tired to worry about it tonight."

"Wake this one if there is any major change." Jeni left the room, closing the door with a click.

"Are you going to be comfortable over there, Reina?"

Reina laid down on a pile of blankets at the base of the bed. "It's slightly cramped, herd-mate, but I can tuck my legs in."

Azalea flew around, kissing Devin and Reina goodnight before flying over to the batgirl's pillow and curling up on the edge. "Good night, my loves! See you in the morning."

"Goodnight, Azalea." They said in unison.

—--------

The city clock was half past the second watch of the night when a pounding came from the front door, startling Azalea and Reina awake.

"Who could that be at this hour?"

"I don't know, but life-mate seems to be so tired he's not waking up." Azalea flew over and shook Devin's shoulder.

"Let him sleep, Azalea. I'll answer it."

Reina struggled to her feet and passed through the dark lab. "Who is it?"

"I need to see her. Let me in!"

"Reina, the voice sounds like Suvi's?"

Reina unlatched the door and swung it open. The panicked rat girl barged past the surprised girls, dressed in her old clothes plus her new coat. "Where is Ky?" she demanded.

"Who? The batgirl?"

"Yes!"

"She's in the back..." Before she could finish, Suvi spun on her heels and darted through the kitchen. Upon seeing her friend bandaged and pale on the bed, she halted in the doorframe. She slowly crossed the room, fell to her knees next to the bedside, and began to cry.

By now, Devin had awoken, confused about what was going on.

Reina quietly walked behind him. When Devin turned to her, they exchanged sympathetic looks over Suvi and Ky's situation. "Her name seems to be Ky, and she's Suvi's friend or acquaintance," she whispered.

"Friend. We are alley mates!" The rat girl's voice quivered. She looked over her shoulder with tear-streaked cheeks. "Where'd you find her?"

"In a barrel several blocks from here," replied Devin.

"She was probably flying home from work."

"May I ask what she does as a living?" inquired Reina.

"She works the glory holes at one of the brothels in the evenings. I left Whitegold early to go check on her and tell her I found a decent job, one where we could maybe afford a place to stay, but when I got home, she wasn't there. I thought she was just late from work, but when it grew dark, I started to worry and went looking. Is she going to be ok?"

"She is very malnourished, has mange and a broken wing. Also, she was dangerously cold when we found her. Jeni thinks she also has a lung sickness," answered Reina.

"As is easy to guess, we don't live the most comfortable or well-fed lives. Mange is common among most demi-humans who live on the streets, and I suspected she was sick for a while. I even asked her, but she's...not easy to understand."

"Why is she hard to talk to?" Asked Azalea, coming up behind Suvi and giving her a hug.

"She only speaks her kind's language," Suvi sniffled. "Even though we've known each other for years, I still don't know much about her. She doesn't talk much either, just prefers to sit close to me or cuddle whenever we are together."

Suvi began to tear up again. Reina went over and joined Azalea in hugging her. "We nursed her as well as we could. We'll see how she is in the morning."

"Thank you for helping her," she cried into Reina's shoulder.

"This one will brew a mullein leaf tea and use it to humidify the air for her lungs tomorrow," reported Jeni, who suddenly appeared in the doorway. "It is cold and late. Friend Suvi should sleep next to this one tonight?"

"Sleep? With you? I, uh, are you sure? I'm all sweaty and..."

"There's a bathtub in there," pointed Azalea. "Jeni has some lovely-smelling soap. Come, you'll feel a lot better after." Suvi let Azalea guided her into the next room and kicked the door closed.

Reina laid back down, listening to their muffled voices. Azalea was doing her best to comfort her despondent friend.

They emerged after a time with Suvi wrapped in a towel. "She's all clean!" announced Azalea.

All eyes turned her way, causing an embarrassed Suvi to retort, "You don't have to herald it like a town crier."

"Sorry," Azalea said sheepishly. You just look so cute when your hair is wet.

"I wish there was a way for me to repay you for helping Ky and I."

"No thanks necessary," assured Devin. "Do you perchance know of any chirurgeons we could take her to? I do not. Never had the money to pay for one so I never bothered to look them up."

[ask Suvi if she knows a dr or care taker. She does, can show where tomorrow] But I couldn't ask you to do that after all you've done already.

"I'll hear no more about that. A good deed should be done because it's good, and that applies to friends," asserted Reina. "Also, you must be hungry. Jeni, what do you have in the kitchen?"

"This one is not gifted in the culinary arts. There is rye bread and cheese in the cupboard."

"Since we are going out tomorrow, I'll get something to cook during our time here." Reina fetched the meager fare and returned, handing it to Suvi. "Azalea, grab my comb and brush out of my bag, and please help me comb her hair."

"Ok! I wonder if I should try to braid it."

—-----------

Suvi sat on the towel, nibbling while the girls attended to her hair.

"You have a job interview at Whitegold tomorrow?" Devin inquired, hoping to distract her from her awkwardness at being fawned over.

"Yes. I'll probably leave early in the morning. Need to fetch the clothes you bought me."

Devin tossed another log on the fire. "Reina and I are going to visit a wainwright in the morning. We can give you a lift. Azalea, do you mind staying behind to watch over Ky and keep Jeni company?"

"I don't mind."

Suvi looked herself over in the square pocket mirror Reina handed her. "Can I come back and see her when I'm done?"

"Friend Suvi shouldn't even need to ask, of course. Now come, this one might have a nightgown in your size," Jeni reassured her.

As the two left the room, the others re-settled in and fell asleep.

—------

Devin, Reina, Suvi and Ky were gone well before Azalea awoke leaving her alone with Jeni for the day. The fairy felt a little lonely seeing no one to greet her. She stretched and rolled over, earnestly hoping they would be successful finding someone to help Ky.

Flying into the kitchen, she found a bucket of fresh well water. Making a mental note to purchase cups and other things in her size, once she had money, she drank her fill. Hearing Jeni in the lab she poked her head in. "Good morning, Jeni!"

"Good morning, did little Azalea sleep well?"

"I did. I hope Ky will be ok."

"This one is sure they will be successful. Young Patron and friend Suvi are very resourceful. There is a leftover loaf in the breadbox and a bowl of dried fruit in the kitchen if little Azalea is hungry. This one has a few orders needing to be finished."

"Aight, I'll maybe sketch for a bit after I eat."

Azalea grabbed a portion of crusty, dark brown bread and a handful of dried apple slices to nibble on along with her art bag. She plopped down on a chair and watched the quiet owl shuffling between two of the four bubbling cauldrons, adding herbs and measuring different liquids together. All was silent except for the bubbling from the pots, the clink of glass, and the occasional hawking shout from distant store owners outside.

Having decided to draw Jeni as she worked, Azalea put pencil to paper. As she traced the outline, her mind wandered to last night and Mavis' commission. The reason for a new adventure didn't matter much to her. She was excited to go anywhere with Devin and Reina but wanted to contribute to their preparation. But her skill set was not particularly suited for the tasks ahead of them. If she asked to do something, she'd probably be told to not worry about it -- something she didn't want to hear. It wasn't helping that Jeni was going about her own business with a sense of diligent purpose.

Azalea put her pencil down. "I want to do something to help life-mate and Reina."

Jeni looked up from the notes she had been reading. "Watching over recovering Ky, leaving Young Patron and dutiful Reina free to do errands is not doing something?"

"It is. I meant for our journey. I want to be 'hands-on' doing something."

"If this one recalls, didn't little Azalea say she was going to be selling her milk?"

"Yes, but life-mate is such a slowpoke, and he probably won't be ready to activate Reina's crest anytime soon."

Jeni uncorked a vial and smelled the contents. Scrunching up her nose, she threw it in the trash. "Iceford is a city of producers, and producers need suppliers." She held up a familiar-looking vial and uncorked it.

"Isn't that what we brought you from Grandpa Gylan's farm?"

"Yes." She poured the contents into one of the cauldrons. "Commerce during winter slows down, so any affinity produced tends to sell slightly higher. Little Azalea possesses affinity and could do the same."

"I could?"

"If selling your surplus sounds agreeable, this one would be willing to act as intermediary and pay you a share of the proceeds. Has your affinity been tested for quantity or quality?"

"No."

"Your kind inherently and historically should have good quality but lacking in quantity. This one should have a measuring device around here somewhere."

Jeni walked over to an old, worn, and dented cupboard in the far corner of the lab and brushed the cobwebs away. Throwing open the door disturbed a plume of dust, making her cough. "This one needs assistance finding her collection device."

"What's it look like?" Azalea asked while flying up.

"The base is similar to a candle holder, this one supposes."

Azalea ran her finger through a layer of dust on the cupboard. "I'll start on the bottom shelves!" She pulled out clamps, cords, ball gags with holes, straps, and a suspicious number of tools seemingly designed to spread any size hole or sphincter.

"What is all this?" requested Azalea, tossing the tangled mess on the floor.

"When this one was still a student, classes in how to acquire samples were required courses. Some volunteers could not hold still during the collection process and required restraints. Oddly, some even seemed to produce more when sufficiently bound."

Azalea squeezed her thighs together. Fleeting fantasies of herself tied to a table, entirely at the mercy of being stimulated and milked for her affinity-rich fluids, passed through her mind. Shaking the naughty thoughts away, "Is this it?"

Azalea held up a copper saucer. The center curved upward, tapering into a narrow tube with a flat top. In the center was a hollowed-out screw.

Jeni turned it over. "There should be a box to go with it."

Azalea dove back in and held up a small oak jewelry box.

"Please find a size that fits and come over here."

Azalea lifted the lid. Inside were a dozen fairy-sized dildos, similar to the dilators Devin had given her, except metal and had many holes bored into the sides. Choosing the third largest, she joined Jeni at the workbench.

"Please screw the pleasure rod onto the base and proceed."

"Any particular way you want me to do it?" Azalea questioned.

"Method is not important, except please face this way while pleasuring yourself." She pointed to a smaller saucer halfway between the dildo and the basin below. "Does little Azalea require privacy?"

"No, I don't mind. It would turn me on more if you watched." Azalea was about to remove her clothes when an idea flashed into her mind. "Although, what really helps turn me on is if I have a partner. Jeni, have you ever done anything with another girl?"

"This one has not engaged in courtship with another female. Two females engaged in mating is puzzling to this one."

Azalea laughed. "It's not mating. Just two people wanting to feel good together and, um, maybe deepen their bond for one another."

"Little Azalea wishes to strengthen her friendship with this one by making her feel good?"

"Would you be interested?" She fluttered her eyes exaggeratedly.

"This one does desire a deeper connection with friend Azalee but this one has never engaged in lewd activities with another before and is unsure how to go about it."

"Not to worry! Leave it all to me! Would it be too hard for you to squat on a chair?"

Jeni brought over one of her high-backed chairs. Perching atop it, she squatted in front of the excited fairy.

With Jeni's hidden crotch at eye level, a hungry smile played over Azalea's lips as she looked up at the fluffy owl. She provocatively slid her stockings down, running her hands across her ample thighs. Facing away, she coyly pulled her dress down, exposing her shoulders. It continued down her back before she bent over and slid the flowery fabric over her hips.

It was impossible to gauge Jeni's feelings by her emotionless face, but her eyes were looking where Azalea wanted them. Pleased, the fairy spread her legs slightly, flashing glimpses of her pussy before turning around and sauntering to the edge of the table.

12