Merchant & Monster Girls Ch. 11

Story Info
Jeni and Azalea go on an errand and make a discovery.
9.2k words
4.72
2.5k
9
0

Part 12 of the 14 part series

Updated 03/07/2024
Created 01/26/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I made a change to Azalea's maiden name as I felt her old one was too complicated (and difficult to spell). It is now Nymfewood. It won't have much relevance since she goes by Devin's last name but just wanted to give a heads up.

Also, to clarify some confusion, all bird demi-humans are harpies, the only difference is the type of bird. Example: Jeni: harpy, subrace owl. Mavis: harpy, subrace raven.

-------

Jeni greeted the returning Devin and Reina as she was flipping her door sign from open to closed. "Welcome back, Young Patron, friend Reina."

"Good evening, Jeni. You seem more... upbeat. Did something nice happen today?" Asked Devin, kicking his boots clean of snow.

"This one and industrious Azalea have been strengthening the bond between friends."

"Oh? Always good to hear. How so?"

Azalea dove at Devin's chest, hugging him. "Sorry, life-mate. That's a secret for now."

"A secret, huh?"

"Yes. We'll tell you when we are done!" Azalea gave Reina a hug and showered them with kisses. "I missed you both! How'd your errands go? How is Ky?"

"We found a chirurgeon. She said we did a decent job, in the spur of the moment, attending to Ky's outward condition. She'll be looked after till she awakens."

"I'm so glad!"

"As for the wagon, it's being worked on and... I took out a loan to build a new one."

"You took out a what?" a curious Azalea queried.

"Herd-mate borrowed money to have a new wagon constructed."

"Ooooh. Is it going to be better?"

"It'll be bigger and enclosed, acting as a portable home away from home. I just hope Reina can pull it," Devin added with a pat on Reina's shoulder.

"What'll happen to the old one?" asked Azalea.

"We'll still be using it. The new one will be specifically for long distance."

"I see. Soooo, you have to pay back this loan thing?" the fairy checked.

"Yes."

"Perfect."

"Huh?"

"I mean... um, a perfect opportunity for you to hurry up with your training, life-mate, so we can start making milk!"

"I haven't had much quiet time to practice lately. I will tonight," Devin promised.

"Azalea, dear, we bought groceries. Can you help me make dinner tonight?"

"Sure, Reina. Don't we still have Jyora's gift of mushrooms?"

"We do have some left."

"I should knit an apron for myself." Devin heard Azalea say as the two disappeared into the kitchen.

Jeni sidled up and held open her wings, and he reciprocated.

"A hug for Jeni. Are you doing ok?"

"This one always is when she's in the arms of Young Patron."

"Then you'll like it when I do this." He reached around and stroked the feathery tufts on top of her head. She responded by closing her eyes and quietly warbling, soaking in all the attention.

"Did Azalea behave herself?"

"Energetic Azalea has been a good fairy."

After a moment, he asked, "She's not doing anything to make you... uncomfortable is she?"

"This one appreciates Young Patron's concern. It is nothing of the sort. The exchange of interpersonal relationship time has yielded mutual effort toward a common goal."

"I suppose you are wanting to keep this goal a secret as well?"

"This one will share the results soon," Jeni assured him.

"As long as she's not pushing you too fast or into something you're not ready to do. Don't feel as if you can't say no. I'm glad you two are getting along."

There was a brief knock as a familiar pair of ears, one with a missing chunk, peeked in. "Am I interrupting something?"

"Not at all. Just giving Jeni a hug."

"This one welcomes friend Suvi back!"

Suvi removed her jacket after shaking the slush off outside. "Snow's getting deep early this year."

"We might have to shovel our way out by morning from the looks of it," Devin joked

.

"I'll burrow a hole through if need be," she shot back, laughing.

Jeni hop-stepped over and opened her wings.

"You want a hug from me too? Alright, here you go." Suvi squeezed the little owl and fluffed her feathers.

"How was your interview?" questioned Devin.

"Wasn't so much an interview as it was an 'introduce me to everyone' sort of day. I saw the pee trio again and the girls who work in the other wing. They are all very... touchy. I can only stand so many hugs in one day. Not that I mind that from you, Jeni," she assured her. "Tomorrow, I'm going for the uniform fitting."

Suvi let go of Jeni and turned to Devin. "You're imagining it, aren't you? My boobs on full display?"

"It's hard not to when I've already seen you naked," admitted Devin.

"Ironically, I feel more embarrassed about the frills than strangers seeing my chest. And don't you dare say I'll look cute."

Devin failed at hiding a smile. "I wouldn't think of it."

She threw her coat at him. "Where are the girls?"

"Making dinner."

"This one would be happy for friend Suvi to join us!"

Suvi's eyes lit up. "You don't mind? Right, silly question, friends and all that.

"I'm sure you'll want to hear how Ky's doing, and I have a few funny stories from work you might enjoy." She turned to walk to the kitchen and then stopped. Spinning back, she abruptly gave Devin a hug.

"What's this for?"

"Don't get the wrong idea. I'm just thanking you for helping Ky."

"You're most welcome."

"And stop scratching my ears! It doesn't have the same effect on me as others!"

"That's not what your tail is saying," Devin laughed.

Suvi blushed, grabbed Jeni's wing, and scampered past him, her tail swishing happily as she disappeared into the kitchen.

----

The rest of the night was spent enjoying a simple dinner. Devin, Jeni, and Suvi supped on a baked halibut with mushrooms. Reina and Azalea, not preferring meat, had a side of steamed greens, rye bread, and much to Azalea's dislike, mashed peas. Suvi entertained them with tales from her day and her impressions of all her fellow co-workers.

"So, ya, Sable's being really insistent on making the trio into a quartet."

"You should!" Encouraged Azalea.

"Sorry, my limit was peeing in front of you all when you were... you know, and that was a one-time thing! I'm not doing that in front of random people."

"Regardless of your job, we'll be sure to come visit," promised Reina.

Suvi pushed her plate away, satisfied. "Dinner was amazing. I'm curious, Reina, since you don't eat meat, how do you know how to prepare fish?"

"It was Azalea who deboned and did the fileting. I only cooked the mushrooms and accompanying dishes."

"I thought fairies didn't eat meat either."

Azalea put down the sewing needle she was using as a makeshift fork. "It's not like we can't; it's just very rare for us. I personally don't like it. Give me sweets all day, every day, but my mom wanted to make sure I had a wide set of domestic skills for whoever my life-mate was going to be."

"Your skills are definitely adequate. You seasoned it perfectly," Devin gushed.

"Thank you, life-mate."

Reina stood up and collected the dishes. "Bathing arrangements -- who's going first? We can't all fit in there."

"This one has her own specially designed bath in her room," Jeni explained.

"How 'bout Suvi and Reina, and life-mate and I."

Reina's expression changed.

Suvi caught Reina's face while she stacked her dishes. "You don't want to bathe with me, Reina?"

"No... it's not that. It... it's nothing."

Devin guessed her thoughts. "It'll be alright," he whispered. "She's not the kind of person to comment on such things; probably won't even notice them."

Devin got up, collected all the dishes, and put them in the sink. "Azalea and I will clean up while you two go first."

"This one will turn in early," yawned Jeni. "Will friend Suvi be sharing this one's bed again?"

"If you're offering, and no, Azalea, we didn't do anything like what your face says you're thinking."

"Yet," the faerie countered.

"No yet. Just two people sleeping in the same bed!"

"But friend Suvi wrapped herself tightly around this one's body in what this one has learned is called the big spoon."

"It's... it's just a habit! Ky likes to feel protected!" she deflected.

"Uh huh," Azalea giggled.

"Now, now. There's nothing wrong with that," said Reina, coming to the rat-girl's defense. "Ky and Suvi are lucky to have each other, and Suvi probably feels really lonely without her." Reina shooed the teasing fairy back to helping Devin and bid Jeni a good night.

---

Reina entered the bathroom, stiffly sidling against the wall of the small bathroom.

"We can bathe separately if it's really bothering you." Suvi offered, shutting the door and sliding her shoes off. "I wouldn't have expected you to be embarrassed over being seen naked."

"It's not really embarrassing. It's... shame." She looked away and slowly removed her coat.

"Shame? Oh! Those are..."

"I know, they are unsightly."

"They're huge! What do you have to be ashamed about! I only see boobs that size from the farm girls in the milk district."

"My, what? Boo... oh, oh, yes, my breasts, of course."

"Sorry, I shouldn't have blurted that out. I must be spending too much time around Azalea."

"No, no, it's alright. I thought... uh, nevermind." Reina relaxed and began unbraiding her hair.

Suvi didn't understand exactly what happened, but the tension popped like a bubble, and she was glad for it. Uncinching the belts covering her chest and lower half, she let them drop to the floor, bent down, and tossed them into the corner.

The neutral hues of her dirty gray fur and peachy white skin accentuated the pale pinkness of her inner ears, tail, nipples, pussy, and anus, making the straw-colored crystal stand out.

"I see you're wearing your friendship plug," observed Reina. "I was sure you were going to remove it when Azalea wasn't looking."

"I... kinda got used to it. Forget I have it in, sometimes, and... it was a present from you all." She lifted her tail and pulled the plug out, admiring the craftsmanship. "Want me to help take your's out, too?"

"Yes, please."

Suvi had to use both hands to remove the monster-sized, physical embodiment of their friendship. "I should be the last to say this, but I sorta feel empty now whenever it's not inside."

"I feel similarly. Herd-mate was the first time I ever... had something in that hole. The full sensation reminds me of our first time."

"Anal was your first time?" Suvi asked in surprise.

"Yes, well, not exactly. He used his arm when we first met."

"So you haven't done it for real yet."

"No, we both agreed we didn't want offspring yet."

"There are probably ways to avoid that."

"I'm sure there are, but we've been so busy it hasn't been a top priority."

The only illumination in the wood-spruce paneled bathroom was candles. Their light danced across the chipped granite floor as Suvi set the plugs aside and admired the conveniences.

"Sure is nice having a private bathroom -- even one that Jeni seems to be using to dry herbs." She plucked a dehydrated petal from an unknown flower that had fallen on the soap shelf.

"It is. Isn't exactly designed for someone my size, and I don't think those are herbs. They might be for making the bath smell nice."

As Suvi sniffed the petal, twirling it in her fingers, Reina knelt down and faced a copper claw-foot tub with two hand pumps attached to each end. One hand pump was labeled cold, and the other hot. She asked Suvi, "How do they furnish the hot water?"

"Have you seen steam bubbling up from the ground out in the wild?"

"In certain locations, yes."

"Thawdeen is built over many thermal springs. Several facilities underneath the city use water screws to bring the water to the surface, where it is piped around to most residences. In the few areas where there is no access, public baths are available. That's where I used to go on occasion."

"How does the water keep from freezing in winter?"

"Easy. The Amifor tree."

"A tree?"

"Pipes are made from its wood. It is not as strong as iron or copper, but it's superior in other ways: it's more readily available; has peculiar properties that make it highly resistant to weathering, insects, and fungal growth; it doesn't expand with temperature change; and the thickness affords a little insulation." With a nod down to the drain, she continued, "The wastewater is sent to the fields outside the city via aqueducts, where it's used as fertilizer during the growing season."

Reina glanced at the drain in the middle of the room. "Impressive. How are you so knowledgeable?"

"I used to be an information broker. It was my job to know as much about anything and everything. One of the best places to hear things is at one of the public baths. The hot water and steam easily loosen the lips of relaxed workers."

Reina filled a bucket with hot water, occasionally adjusting the temperature with cool water. "You are a very resourceful girl."

"I had to be. I was an orphan, like Ky. We've been together as long as I can remember, and I had to take care of her."

"I feel bad you never had a chance to know your father or mother. Did... are they..."

"I actually don't know."

"You never thought about searching to see if they are still around?"

"I have, but I'm afraid to find out the answer. What I picture in my head may not be who they really are."

"That's a hard decision. I would like to believe your mother would be proud to see you grow up to be so strong of spirit and resilient."

"Maybe. I picture her as maybe someone who acts something like you."

"Me?!?"

"You act very motherly."

"Do I?"

"You are so kind, composed, and mature. At least, that's how I imagine a mother would act."

"I don't think of myself that way. I worry about a lot of things, probably unnecessarily, and try to cover up my insecurities by being helpful. It's amusing. Sometimes I feel like the little sister to Azalea."

"She can be quite assertive. What is your mom like?

"It has been a long time since I've seen her. She is a hand shorter than me, with woolier fur, thinner flanks, and curvier hips. She's more strong of mind than body. She co-leads our herd throughout the seasons with my father. She rarely gives praise but is not overly critical either. She doted on my younger sister -- well, we both did. I sometimes worry we might've spoiled her."

Reina stopped what she was doing to regard the scrappy ratgirl. "I can't replace your parents, but maybe I can do a little something my family does." She wrapped her arms around Suvi's midsection and pulled her close."

"W...what are you doing?" Suvi was anxious but didn't resist.

"I want to comb your hair and then wash it... if you'll allow me?"

"A...alright."

Lifting Suvi entirely off the ground, she deposited her in the tub facing away.

"You have such pretty, straight hair, soft and whispy, and its shortness frames your cute face."

Suvi pulled her knees up to her chin, her tail twitching happily at the compliment.

"Face me and look down, please."

Suvi swiveled around and tilted her chin, not sure where to look. Her eye level was parallel with Reina's massive chest swinging pendulously in front of her.

Reina hummed a tune as she poured a bucket of hot water over the ratgirl's head.

"You can suckle them if you want."

"Wha...what?"

"My breasts," offered Reina.

"Wha...what makes you think I wanted to suck them?"

"Just a thought. My sister used to whenever I washed her hair."

Suvi mentally debated as she stared at the large chestnut-colored areolas framing Reina's inverted nipples. Reaching out, she weighed the pillowy, soft mounds in her hands. "So heavy. How do you manage without any support?"

"Mother didn't believe in such things. She believed a bit of upper body strengthening was more than sufficient, so I was raised without it. Although... I do prefer a support band when I run."

Suvi brought the left breast to her mouth.

"You might need to work a bit to get it out," Reina coaxed.

Suvi's oral attentiveness soon hardened the stubborn nipple, making it pop out of hiding. Her mind swirled with many thoughts -- not particularly about what was in her mouth. However, the oddity of the situation was one of them. She mentally reviewed the many things she had to do tomorrow. One of those things needed a partner.

"Say, can I, um, ask you for a favor?" Suvi asked, releasing the wet nipple now covered in her saliva.

"Of course."

"You know how all the girls at Whitegold lactate?"

"Yes," Reina responded with interest.

"I'm going to need to as well. I was wondering if you could, um..."

"Ask Azalea to give you a lactation crest?"

"What? No! I don't have any affinity, and even if I did, I kinda want to take it slow and do it naturally the first time. Tomorrow, I'm gonna ask Jeni if she has any tea or something I could drink to induce. Would you massage m...my chest? You know, to help stimulate my milk and all that."

"I'm sure the girls at work would do it if I asked, but I wanted someone I'm more familiar with. I'd feel awkward having Devin do it. Jeni I don't think has any skill in this sorta thing, and Azalea... gets distracted when things like this are involved."

Reina gave a knowing smile. "I understand. Herd-mate and I will be going out all week to order provisions and incremental fittings for my harness. Maybe in the evenings? It might be hard to find a quiet, private place. Here might be the best."

"Good idea."

Reina rinsed the lavender-scented suds out of her hair. "Shall I fill the tub so you can soak?"

"That's ok. I'm used to just showers. Do you want me to help wash you since you can't fit in the tub, and... you know, it must be hard to reach certain areas?"

"I would like that very much. Thank you."

"It's not weird, is it? You're not just being polite?"

"It's culturally normal for Whitehorn's to wash each other. It's a sign of comradery, strengthens relationships, and is time used to talk and gossip." Reina refilled the bucket, dumped water over her back, and handed Suvi the soap. "If you'd be so kind."

Suvi climbed onto Reina's broad back, thinking there was enough room to seat four ratgirls comfortably. Lathering her hands, she dug her fingers through the dense fur.

"So... what's all the town trips for? When I hitch a ride in the morning, you and Devin sound like you're preparing for a long journey."

"We are."

"Does it have something to do with the thing Mavis invited you all for?"

"Yes. She wanted Devin to search for beegirl honey."

"Really? Interesting."

"In the middle kingdom."

"Oh... that doesn't sound like it's worth it."

"If it was just for that, I'd say no, but I have personal reasons I need to go."

"Hmm. I can't say I envy you, but I wish you a safe and successful journey."

"Thank you."

"I mean it! I've grown kinda used to having you people around," Suvi declared with slight shyness.

"Friendship has a strange way of blossoming."

A strange thought made the ratgirl giggle. "It does. People don't just stick stuff up their butts for anyone."

Reina laughed. "True."

"How long are you all sticking around for?"

"Till arrangements are made with the wagon conversion and my harness and all the supplies are ordered. We are actually going north to pick up something for Jeni first before joining up with a caravan Mavis is organizing."

"The coast, eh? Feel free to bring me back a souvenir."

"I'd be happy to."

"I'm joking. Don't go out of your way."

"Nonsense! I'll find something I'm sure you'll like."

Suvi slid down to the bath floor, allowing Reina to get up on her knees, leaving enough room for her to slide underneath. When Suvi rolled onto her back, Reina's crest stared her in the face. She reached out to touch it and asked, "Is this an affinity crest?"

"Yes, it is, and you just reminded me." Reina dug around her bag for a mirror. "I wanted to look at it. Can you hold this so I can see, please?"