Mercy

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mercy felt angry, but she also felt a bit relieved. If he was sent by Keen, he wouldn't have dumped all that on her, he was legitimately just a man who was very interested in her and was used to passing money around to get information he wanted.

Finally, she sat up and looked him in the eye. "I'm not going to tell you who I am, Sam. Who I was, anyway. If it doesn't matter to you, then it truly isn't important. In an effort to also be honest, I will tell you that... If I am found by Everett's father, no one around me will be safe. That's not me exaggerating or making a mountain out a molehill, that is complete honesty. He is a dangerous person involved with a great many dangerous people. If he finds me again, I will run and I have no intention of allowing myself to become complacent or letting someone lull me into a feeling of false security."

Sam looked a little sad as he watched her face, then realization dawned on him and his eyes went wide. "Everett... he was borne of rape, wasn't he?"

Mercy blushed and looked away quickly, trying not to let tears surface. "Everett is the only important thing in my life and I love him more than anything!"

"Of course! Of course you do! But... Joe said you didn't know, and then... and the hiding... This dangerous man, he forced himself on you? Hurt you?"

"I told you I won't talk about this. I live in the now. I... think you should go, Sam. I'm sorry, you're nice and..."

"Miss Mercy! My humblest of apologies if I have offended, of course you are right! Now is all that matters. I will never speak of it again, truly. Please do not be upset with me for wanting to help you?"

"I don't need help."

"I know... I know you don't Miss Mercy, but I do badly wish to give it. I see you and my heart aches with a need to be closer to you, to know you and hear your voice. Even with Connie, things were not so... insistent and demanding here," he told her, his hand going to his chest. "I liked her, loved her even, but I didn't have a physical NEED for her. I will let it all go and we will speak of other things. Tell me about your family, about how you grew up? I hear stories about the states, did you shoot many guns?"

Mercy actually smiled, still surprised at how often people asked her that. "I've never even held a gun. I never saw a gun in real life until... right before I left the states," she told him, relaxing a bit and feeling a little bit giddy with his confession.

They talked until well into the night and when Everett woke, Sam followed her into the bedroom, asking if he could help.

"I've never changed a diaper," he told her earnestly, "but I want to know how. I want to know how to do everything! I can help feed him too if you want?"

"Diapers you can help with," she promised him with a smile. "But the rest is all me for now."

He blushed slightly when she sat down on the bed and pulled the shoulder of her dress down to feed Everett, then turned and looked at the wall before sitting next to her and turning back to her. "Miss Mercy?"

"As adorable as it is to hear you say it with your proper English accent, you don't have to call me that. Mercy is fine."

"I like your American accent too," he grinned, getting sidetracked from his question. "I was a little surprised to hear it out here? I've come across a few Americans, all touring in hostels and backpacking, but none of them like you. Most of them seemed to only want to smoke pot and find the places with music. The laid back types if you gather my meaning?"

"Hippies," Mercy nodded quietly. "Hipster hippy types all crunchy granola and free love and all that. Yeah, they usually don't stay here long, this place is quaint and adorable, but it's full of hardworking farming types and not the sort of places they like to linger."

"That's sort of what I mean. You aren't like them, you're... quiet and hardworking and so... sad? Sweet and lovely to be sure, but also heartbreakingly sad. Your smile though, when it's genuine, it's a sight to behold! It warms everything in me to see you truly smile, Miss Mercy!"

Mercy blushed and looked down at Everett, stroking his soft, black hair off his forehead.

"He does have a fine head of hair, doesn't he?" Sam chuckled, leaning close to stroke a finger over Everett's hair. Moving closer, he used two fingers to stroke it up into a little fauxhawk and Mergy giggled as she watched. It was a little bit adorable.

She sat up talking with Sam until the small hours of the morning, then woke with a start when Everett woke her.

Sam sat up too, looking around and blinking sleep away.

"Such a tiny little cry," he spoke with a small smile as she got up. "I haven't heard him cry much at all?"

"He doesn't really cry," Mercy yawned, hurrying to Everett. "He'll let me know when he needs to be fed or changed, but otherwise he's such a quiet baby. It's late! I need to get ready for work!"

"I'll change him while you shower?" Sam offered, moving to take Everett to change him and get him dressed.

Mercy hurried, feeding Everett under a shawl as she walked to work, Sam walking with her. More than once she turned to look up at him and every time he gave her a pleased smile as he walked slowly.

"You're really just a tiny little thing yourself, Miss Mercy." he finally spoke when they were almost there. "I had a cousin who'd come to visit and she was maybe 5'6"? I used to tease her for being so short... I never imagined I would find a girl even smaller who might strike my fancy so. Can I see you again, Miss Mercy? Tonight? After work?"

"I don't know," Mercy laughed, yawning again as she switched sides with Everett. He was a fantastic eater! "I may need to catch up on sleep!"

Sam grinned and held the door open for her, both of them stepping in.

Joe took one look at her and his grin was huge, his eyes shining. "Lovely time had all around, I see!" Joe called happily. "As it happens, today is also going to be a slow day and I won't be needing you, Mercy!"

"You can't know that," Mercy laughed, shaking her head.

"I know it! Go along now and spend some time showing your new friend the sights!"

Mercy shook her head and let Sam lead her back outside.

"I admit I was truly hoping he'd do that," Sam told her.

"Jokes on him, I am just going to take a nap as soon as Everett goes back to sleep!"

Sam smiled as he walked her back to her apartment. "May I come by later?" he asked, opening her door for her.

Mercy thought about it for a moment, then nodded slightly. "I guess that would be alright, but, Sam... you really do need to think about this. Everett's father... if he ever found me and there was a man around... Please don't think that I am exaggerating? He really would kill you. Have you killed. He'd probably torture you first and make me watch."

Sam was shaking his head. "Miss Mercy, I am not afraid. You're worth the danger... I will see you soon then," he told her, bowing slightly.

Mercy smiled again as she curled into bed with Everett.

A soft knock woke her just after noon and she slipped out of bed quietly to pad to the door, still tired.

Sam was grinning down at her, his eyes full of excitement as he came in with a bag. Mercy was a little taken off guard as Sam took over her kitchen, cooking for her. Watching him, her heart felt full as he talked to her and laughed with her and made her smile and laugh as often as he could.

He told her about his family and she told him about hers, then they talked about how they grew up.

The day slipped by and they fell asleep on the couch again.

One day turned into two, then three, then four.

If Sam walked her to work in the morning, Joe was right there to say she wasn't needed.

Mercy was happy and being near Sam made her feel comfortable and safe, she loved it. And he was a perfect gentleman, he hadn't even tried to kiss her! Even if he had fallen asleep on her couch next to her every night.

The fifth morning, Mercy woke first and sat looking over Sam's face as he slept. He looked so open and loving. They'd talked and she knew he was 12 years older than she was, but he looked a little older, the way his face was shaped. He'd seen things and done things, lived more than most people in a shorter amount of time. Also, he was tall. Large. She knew that made him seem even older than he was.

Taller even than Keen and much more broad through the shoulders. Keen had been slender and cut. Sam was athletically broad, built like a linebacker and not a basketball player and not nearly as defined as Keen.

Looking over him in comparison made Mercy think of Keen and she wondered about him. She thought of him often, every single time she looked at Everett and saw Keen in his features. Was he upset still? Angry? Did he miss her? Was he searching for her? Would he kill her if he found her or make her go back? Would he kill Sam?

He would.

Mercy was looking down at her hands, wringing them in worry when Sam sat up. "Miss Mercy? Say the word, little one, and I will fly you home with me, hire security for you and Everett both and you'll never worry another day in your life. I'll have your name changed... anything you want! He'll never find you, or me! He won't hurt me... I know that's what you're thinking about, isn't it? That if he finds you he will hurt me? Let me take you out of here, Miss Mercy? Let me take you back home with me to Reading? Keep you and Everett safe?"

Mercy managed a smile, but couldn't speak.

Sam moved closer, then pulled Mercy into a hug. It was the first time he'd put hands on her at all and Mercy hadn't known how badly she had needed that human contact. Immediately, she hugged him back, squeezing with all her might as she broke down sobbing.

"Oh, my sweet little Miss Mercy," Sam breathed, sounding heartbroken. "Tell me how to help? I'll do anything you need, just say the word!"

Mercy still couldn't speak, she could only cry and hold onto him as he held her and rocked her.

She didn't leave his arms until Everett woke up, but after that, Sam was constantly touching her. An arm around her shoulders, holding her hand, a hand on her knee. He was incredibly sweet about all of it and never pushy and Mercy liked that about him. But she also sort of wished he would just kiss her already, and... more.

A blissful week went by and the following Monday, she shook her head at Joe when he told her to take the day off. "Sorry, Joe," she told him, chuckling as he tried to take her apron from her as she pulled it down. "I need to work. Sam and I have had plenty of time to get to know each other and we have plenty more, but I need to work!"

"Bah! Fine, if you must! But you will leave after lunch, yes?"

"Only if it really is slow."

She was happier at work that day, smiling at everyone, even Mikkael who hardly looked up from his laptop. When he did look up and see her smile, he scowled at her and looked away quickly.

Mercy didn't care, she was in a great mood.

Sam came in for breakfast and offered to hold Everett for her while she was busy. Everett seemed just as content to snuggle into Sam as he was to snuggle into Mercy and that pleased Mercy more than she could express.

Joe made her leave in the afternoon and Sam walked her home, looking incredibly pleased. When he paused at the door and didn't come in, she was confused for a moment as he stood looking down at her.

"My Miss Mercy, may I kiss you?" he asked gently.

"If I'd known you were waiting for an invitation, I would have gave you the green light last week," she told him, trying hard not to blush.

Sam grinned, but said nothing as he took a knee and pulled her close, pressing his full lips to hers in a sweet, chaste kiss.

Mercy got butterflies all over as she opened her eyes and looked at him, watching him look over her face.

"May I come back?" he asked gently, and she could hear emotion strong in his voice.

"Of course," she managed, her face heating even more at the pure adoration in his eyes when he looked at her.

As soon as he left, Mercy quickly took another shower and put on her nicest sweater.

She hardly had time to sit before her door was opening and he was easing in with another large bag. His lopsided grin at her made her heart feel joyful as she got up and followed him to the kitchen, sitting up on the stool to watch. Immediately, he set her to helping him cut up and peel vegetables and Mercy was more content than she'd ever been in her whole life. Talking with Sam, working next to him to prepare a meal to share, Everett sleeping a few feet away.

It was heaven.

Better was that now that he had to go ahead, Sam leaned in to kiss her every time he was close. Her temple, her forehead, her lips.

After dinner, Mercy didn't sit facing him on the couch like she always did, she sat closer and leaned back in his arms as he quickly held her.

"Is this alright?" she asked him softly, laying back on his shoulder.

"I can't imagine anything more splendid!" he told her breathily, turning and kissing her temple.

That changed the way they spent their time together.

Joe only let her work half days and in the afternoons and evenings, she and Sam made food, talked and stayed close to each other on her couch.

She was curled up on a Sunday in mid March, reading a book while he laid in her lap. She was combing through his thick blonde curls with her fingers while he read emails on his phone from his family. A Sunday tradition for him, reading and responding to emails, but only from his family and close friends.

He let out a sudden laugh and sat up, then turned to look at Mercy. "My cousin Jullianna is convinced I've found a wife and I'm hiding away with her, too embarrassed to bring her back to my family because I am so ashamed of all of them. She says I've been in one place so long, it's the only reasonable explanation. I must have found the perfect girl and now I won't share her with my family."

Mercy smiled at his amusement, and when his eyes went to hers, his look went hopeful. "We could, you know? Be married? I could adopt..."

"What else does she say?" Mercy asked quickly, jumping up to make herself some more tea.

"Miss Mercy..." Sam called quickly, pain in his tone as he jumped up to follow her to the kitchen. "I know it's sudden and I shouldn't have just blurted it out that way, but..."

"It's supposed to be nice tomorrow," Mercy interjected. "I was thinking of getting a few things and starting a small garden out on my little balcony. I could tier a few long pots along the side of the railing and use all the space."

"That sounds splendid, Miss Mercy. I would love to help you do that if you will allow."

Mercy turned to Sam, blushing furiously with what she wanted to say. "Sam?"

"Yes, my little Miss Mercy?" he asked hopefully.

"I love our time together... I love spending time with you. And kissing you is perfect, I love that too... but, I keep wondering if... I mean... Ummm... don't you want more? Are you attracted to me at all?"

Sam let out a bark of a laugh as his face turned red to his ears and he looked down at the ground. "Of course I am! I'm very attracted to you and... yes, I want more. But I am also prepared to not ever have it again if it means staying with you forever."

"What do you mean? Sam, I'm not broken! Yes, I was hurt once and I didn't agree to have sex with Everetts father, but... that doesn't mean I'm against it now! Not at all. I still have needs too!"

"I know, Miss Mercy, it isn't that! You... want me? In that way? You're attracted to me, and..."

"Yes! I thought I was clear on that!"

Sam hesitated, then grabbed Mercy and lifted her up to sit on the counter. Mercy grinned up at him as he laid her back, kissing her more passionately than he ever had before, stroking her face lovingly as he moved to kiss her jaw, then her neck and shoulders, sliding her dress down around her waist.

"Oh, that's perfect," Mercy breathed as she wrapped her legs around his waist, thrilled the moment was finally here.

Sam slowly kissed down along her arm, then sucked on her fingers as his eyes opened and he looked into her eyes. Mercy was quickly going over the edge, she would have agreed to anything in that moment as she looked up at him, needing more to happen. Turning her arm, he kissed and licked along her wrist and up the inside of her arm, but avoided her breasts as he moved to her other arm. She knew why he'd done it, but she ached with the need for more.

When he sucked on her thumb from her other hand, Mercy let out a whimper and made an impatient noise. Sam smirked at her then and it was the single most sexy thing Mercy had seen in her entire life.

She needed him NOW.

Trying to move enough to undo his pants, he caught her hands in his and kissed her knuckles before pushing her to lay back on the counter. Sliding her dress all the way off, he pulled her panties off right after, then went still and looked her over, his eyes full of need.

"My Miss Mercy, you are such a sight!" he breathed, then bit his lower lip as he let out a stunned breath.

"Sam, I need you!" Mercy pleaded, trying to sit up and undo his pants again. Sam caught her wrists and turned them, kissing the insides of her wrists with another sexy smile down at her before pressing them down next to her head.

"Be good for me now, My Miss Mercy," he whispered, then gave her a wink as he smirked again and dropped down to his knee.

Mercy had no time to wonder what was happening as he caught her legs and pulled them wide before wrapping his entire generous mouth around her pussy.

"Oh GOD!" Mercy wailed in a loud whisper.

Sam moaned into her as his mouth and jaw worked, his tongue shoving as deep into her as he could. He relished in it for a long moment, just purring happily as he sucked and licked and warmed her up. She was already excited and Mercy just lost herself. She didn't even care that he wasn't that great at it, he was trying and he was loving it, enjoying himself. It still felt good and it was thrilling her.

Moments later, he surprised her by pulling back and kissing her thigh. "Miss Mercy, are you loud?" he asked breathlessly.

"What?" she asked, almost incoherent.

"When you... when you come, are you loud?"

"I... I..." she stammered, trying to make sense of what he was asking. "I think I am," she told him.

"Bite down on this," he demanded, pressing a towel to her mouth.

Mercy started to ask why, but then his mouth went back to her pussy. To her clit. Sucking it up gently, his tongue swirled over it and pressed and Mercy clenched the towel between her teeth as she let out a moan. Her fingers from her other hand buried in his hair as he licked and sucked, then eased a finger into her.

"Oh GOD!" Mercy cried around the towel, her back arching up as she went rigid all over.

Sam's tongue was relentless and he groaned in euphoric bliss as she squirmed and gripped his hair. Mercy was both thrilled and surprised at how good he was at this, how well he seemed to know his way around her body.

Of course, he'd been married once. He'd probably had all kinds of practice. It felt amazing and Mercy wanted more.

"Fuck me, Sam! Please! I'm so close and I want your cock in me when I come!" she begged him, unashamed.

Sam moaned and his mouth started working harder as he slid a second finger into her and started fucking her with them.

Mercy couldn't hold back anymore, she came hard and fast as she squealed into the towel around clenched teeth. Her legs wrapped around Sam's head, she twitched as her thighs locked him in place for over a minute until her muscles finally released their hold.

Sam eased back, kissing along her thigh before standing up. "I'll get him," he whispered.

Mercy realized then that Everett was letting out his little cry. She'd woken him.

1...89101112...15