All Comments on 'Meredith'

by carvohi

Sort by:
  • 125 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

congrates, very real, believable..your build up of their failing closeness with mostly her distancing herself and lack of respect, effectively removed the thought that he over reacted to her display confirming/justifying his thoughts of her playing around. Though in this story line it turned out to be wrong, it is nice to see you present a male/husband that is not indecisive,wishy washy about making the right decision as to what he knew and sticking to it. you write well,stick to believable.

SAV12SAV12over 2 years ago

Good, very good! Keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

kek.

just caught Legio_Patria_Nostra stringing his comments with well-known buzzwords to look like chad. What a poser.

You're not an alpha, Legio_Patria_Nostra. You're a Jack Murphy at best, a cuck pretending to be an alpha.

lc69hunterlc69hunterabout 2 years ago

George was a dumbass.

carvohicarvohiabout 2 years agoAuthor

This is in response to the above anon "Kek". As I recall members of the French Foreign Legion were quite often outlaws and exiles seeking a place to escape justice. Most of all I'd like to say I am neither an alpha, a wimp, a Jack Murphy, or a cuck. I am however, someone who wastes their spare time writing litte stories that I smetimes put out on the Internet for people to read for free. In that regard I am what Ic69hunter said. I am a dumbass. I am in good company though. Just Plain Bob is my hero!

If I were anything else I might claim the right to be someone like Huxley's main character in his often banned "Brave New World". Oh my Gosh! Right now I could use some "Soma". Show me to the "Feelies"!

Thanks to everyone who reads my stuff. I appreciate your feedback.

carvohi

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wasted 20 plus minutes of my life on a story that was not finished. After reading 3 pages on a divorce that should or should not have happened, the writer was unable to spend time on a REAL conclusion to this story, not just a accidental meeting and no history of the time between their sighting years later. Whenever I see the stories of this so called author., I will go to the end of each without reading and give it one star

justbobkcjustbobkcabout 2 years ago

5 stars. The War of the Sexes is timeless. Guess it started with Adam and Eve and won't ever end. In this case the only thing I wonder is if Meredith ever figured out sex was a nice thing and fun? Don't know why Trace pined for her all those years -- sex isn't everything in a marriage, but was always right up there for me. And their sex life together wasn't ever all that great per this account. But also Trace wanted kids and never had any? If this is 10 years later kids might still be possible with her -- but 20 years later? (Grey hair for both -- likely) Then getting back together with her might now preclude that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Another immature man-child who can’t or won’t talk to his wife. Rigid, thin-skinned, hyper-sensitive, unable to stand up for himself. And 5’11” is short? What planet are you from?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Uggghh! Bad enough for this divorce to actually occur, but then there was no ending to the story. I can't figure out to give it a score less than a 1.

ProfesseurXProfesseurXalmost 2 years ago

I many LW stories, the authors feel compelled to make a plot that prohibits the spouses from talking to each other because it is the only way to make the story remotely credible.

I like what you write but that plot is a bit weak although I agree with your story that demeaning/bad mouthing your husband could lead to divorce, it feels a bit out of character for george to not even try.

WillowghbyWillowghbyalmost 2 years ago
Interesting...

I strongly agree with George/Trace's observation that Meredith needs counseling. Her blind denial of guilt and clueless approach to life, her work, her marriage, and her husband are all signs of a 'my shit don't stink' complex. If she could treat her husband with such disrespect, and yet never actually 'do the dirty,' she is socially crippled. Did she fix that over the ensuing years before meeting him at the river?

Thanks to carvohi for an interesting read.

Keep 'em comin'.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Stupid writing. Absolutely inept. This ending was spectacularly stupid.

AkSh4BloOdAkSh4BloOdover 1 year ago

Ending was disappointing.

But nevertheless Awesome.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

🖕

ibuguseribuguser12 months ago

2nd reading. Still a 5*.

Ocker53Ocker5312 months ago

Now I can accept this reconciliation, excellent ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Busman19639Busman1963910 months ago

A very nice story.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon8 months ago

The writing and dialogue is so robotic, stilted and wooden.

mfbridgesmfbridges6 months ago

Wasted years and all that was needed was a little more time and forgiveness.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

This was so dumb. So she does something silly that makes him mad and jealous. Yeah it was stupid and disrespectful. What does the husband do? He has a serious conversation with her and lays down the law. Yeah right, get serious, this is LW. None of that sensible shit. No, he avoids all communications and has her served. Like a big boy with a bruised ego! HAH take that! So fucking dumb. Honestly it's for the best. Why anyone would want to be married to a weak little coward like George is beyond me. If this was all it took to break up their marriage then it was very weak to begin with.

He's right that she needs some help so she can sort out that baggage she has in order to avoid being tempted in future. But just cutting her loose instead of fighting for her and helping her through it, you know, like a husband is meant to. That's fucking pure cowardice. The husband disgusts me to be honest. What a waste of a marriage. George needs to grow the fuck up and learn that people aren't perfect. And if you listen to everything that a wife (or husband) says to their friends in confidence, no marriage would ever survive. You can't take everything literally and at face value. Come on get real. He should have talked to her and worked through the issue instead of wasting years apart being unfulfilled.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I really like some of this author's stories but this was not one of the author's best. Suppose the ending is meant to imply reconciliation after 10-15 years apart. What got me was the moral superiority and yet also profound cowardice of the husband to divorce Meredith based on what she "might" do in the future, knowing full well he intervened soon enough. Yes she had issues and was on a slippery slope, especially with Roger the seducing predator. And yes some of her behavior was various infidelities on the infidelity spectrum. But the fact he just ditched and blew off all communication and ghosted her until the meeting before signing the divorce e was repugnant. Instead they BOTH end up miserable with no real love lives for all those years apart. At first she thought she did nothing wrong. Obviously that changed post divorce. Seriously maybe separate and go to counseling. The very act that he caught her and the eventual deconstruction of the path she was on, almost certainly eoukd have had her re-evaluate. Instead by ghosting and running and filing, she does what any person in that spot would do, and say "why did he overreact?", "what I did wasn't that bad?", which eventually turns into "I didn't do anything wrong!" That is what is cowardly exit and ghosting did to her mindset. Just the threat and forcing counseling would in ast majority of cases force a re-evaluation. With enough time and effort they could heal because face it, she hadn't even made a full turn after first base. She had some fantasies. Her wearing and showing items to Roger, her predatory "lunch" buddy was a problem. But nothing physical, nor emotional had started yet. He coukd have intervened while she was in the stages of proto-cheating, meaning she was thinking about it. Nope. He comes down as judge, jury, and executioner of their marriage, and doesn't fight for anything. This implies that he wasn't really as in love as he thinks he was with Meredith. Not say he should be desperate, but woe grow some balls. He Instead took his ball and ran off the football field like a little boy. She was a bit delusional and certainly needed to examine some of the things she did. But the MC? Gah! Look how well it worked out. His plan was brilliant! NOT! 4 stars.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 1 month ago

god story. honest depiction of Meridith thinking she is so "special" and finally growing up or maturing or discovering what the real world is and considers important.

AnonymousAnonymous24 days ago

Maturity to acceptance. (Full circle journey)

lc69hunterlc69hunter24 days ago

George was not a man, but a little boy who ran and hid and refused to talk

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

"lc69hunter" writes that George was a boy who ran & refused to talk. He or she misses all the remarks & the treatment Meredith piled on him BEFORE the Conneticut debacle. It's HER than said the guy she just met is her boyfriend- all because she became aggravated that George's friend was there looking at what she's doing. If she was a proper, loving wife that treated her husband with respect, he wouldn't have needed to be there. So don't blame George for his action; actually, they're more REaction. Bob

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous