All Comments on 'Meredith'

by carvohi

Sort by:
  • 124 Comments
TajfaTajfaalmost 3 years ago

If people got divorced for the type of behaviour described here there wouldn't be many marriages left. Her behaviour was poor but instead of divorce he should have agreed to counselling. Also his behaviour was very childish in not speaking to her. Why didn't his friend not report what happened after the facetime call?

Because of his failure to communicate they probably get back together with no prospect of having the children they both had wanted during their marriage. I found this story very frustrating because of the lack of communication between him and his wife. Well written so 3 stars.

bioman57bioman57almost 3 years ago

Well done story and an interesting finish.. Thank u for sharing

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

you have lost your touch to atleast keep the reader engrossed!.... your stories were always shityy and wimpy and cucky... but at least one could find the read entertaining... this was neither...! Dnt u think its time to gang ur cuckboots.?

WhackdoodleWhackdoodlealmost 3 years ago

Your story made no sense.

What did he study in Maryland University to become an Administrative Assistant in the school system? Do you mean Assistant Principal? Because those are 2 completely different careers. An Administrative Assistant is a fucking secretary.

As for Merediths job, what was she? What did she major in? How did they meet if she was 2 years behind him?

Why would he ask a friend to follow her knowing she was incredibly smart and had a nearly photographic memory? Or did he not know that? And why would she lose her job because she embarrassed a donor? And being in politics, sex and money go hand in hand…

And if she wasn’t cheating, why did she act like she was?

Why did you write her like she was a 12 year old girl?

You’re a better writer than this. It’s like you just tossed a bunch of verbs and nouns on a page and said “fuck it, close enough.”

A 1 star effort.

Impo_64Impo_64almost 3 years ago

As usual very good! Thank you...4*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Why are all the males in these stories children. A man would have given her a second chance.

tejmjm55tejmjm55almost 3 years ago

Punishment did not fit the crime. Maybe make her grovel , treat her as she treated him, but then sit down and set some ground rules for her return.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Nice read, George a little hard headed

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good story but the ending was too short/rushed. Could have been a 5 - i gave it 3*

MightyheartMightyheartalmost 3 years ago

Nice.

Needs a sequel

Well written

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

@Whackadoodle

Hey, not all Administrative Assistants are fucking secretaries. Some are just secretaries, only the Loving Wives ones seem to be fucking secretaries, per Literotica's LW section.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

She behaved badly but his refusing to talk to her and determination to divorce messed up both their lives. Especially given that she didn't physically cheat. I wish they had tried counseling and been able to have the children they wanted. To have them meet later in life was ok I guess. But still seemed sad to me. Would love to see an alternate ending!

mikeyjb51mikeyjb51almost 3 years ago

Very nice story, well written. Hope they see the light

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 3 years ago

Another story were this particular author goes out of his way to prove that hes an idiot. It's almost like one of those bits from the naked gun movies with Leslie Nielsen.... Where detective Frank dreben has a memory flashback of all the things his ex wife used to do with the Washington Redskins football team and traveling with them and staying in their hotel rooms.

Whether or not the wife actually cheated is not really the point. And it's unfortunate that some of the commentators here are so stupid they don't understand that

How many more clues does the husband need before he finally wakes up and realizes what the was doing and how she really doesn't care if her actions of the littling him and disrespecting him even if there is no cheating

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The town is Buckhannon, Buchanan was a president.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Through out the story its was obvious Meredith had issues. She was immature and insecure and these were the least of her issues. Married too young, she'd lost respect of her husband. Claimed her sexual issues where George's/Trace's fault because he was "boring" in bed and didn't want sex any more. When women still you they don't want sex they just mean they don't want sex with you. Meredith was checking out of her marriage. Instead of "womaning" up and telling George she wanted out of her marriage she did everything possible to let George think she was cheating so that he'd force the issue and divorce her and then she could play the victim.

As usual for a reconciliation story both George and Meredith went through the years with never ever being able to find a compatible partner to build a life together with someone else. All so, we could have the proverbial two souls destined to be together to find one again later on in life and reconnect happily ever after. The reality is just because you once loved someone doesn't mean that they make a good life partner.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 3 years ago

TAJFA and other HOW IS ANY OF THIS THE HUSBAND FAULT?---

Consider what the wife did BEFORE she had the fake date

.

wife did not want him to go to the theater with her

.

wife stopped camping with him

.

she changed her pet name for her husband Trace... to Georgy Porgy.

.

Ridiculing him in Public at her work

.

Ridiculing him at her work

.

stopped having sex with him -- you are boring

.

uses Madien name

.

she loved the silly boy!

.

Wife told her friends she was tired of her husband and that he embarrassed her

.

Wife told her friend several times she did not want to be married

.

.Yet somehow ALLLLLLLLLL of this is ONLY husband fault and HE is the one that should of

pushed for counselling ?

Ironman52Ironman52almost 3 years ago

Nice recovery story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I wanted to like this. I really did.

But the Meredith character didn’t make sense. And the George/Trace character was a dud.

Both were stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Just more of your normal dribble! Give it up! Writing IS NOT your thing!

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionalmost 3 years ago

Great story, just wish you would let the story progress a little more. Guess you figure it's better to take it to a point then let the reader give it the ending they want. But sometimes it would be nice to know how YOU think it should end. Thanks for giving us a chance to comment.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 3 years ago

It was a decent story, but I'm tired of these Beta Males who are afraid to fight for a woman they still love. She never cheated, and while she'd had some inappropriate 'emotional episodes', some of her so-called friends were only too eager to pile the shit onto poor Meredith, and George fell for it despite a contrite and chagrined Meredith. These Beta Soy Boys eschew communication, engagement, common sense, their own love, and evidence contrary to their world-view and are ready to literally sever their nasal appendage to denigrate their own countenance. Then, years later, after Meredith willingly changes on their own, they meet again, all those years and opportunities wasted.

.

Now, having railed about that, perhaps this story reflects the world of today, where boys are derided, emasculated and denigrated by the Marxist apologists running the "education" system. This is what we get with that action coupled with females who have been subjected to a waterfall of toxic feminist ideals. So, from that standpoint, this story stands on its own merits.

.

This writer's talent and attention to detail is easily illustrated with this pull quote: 'George liked Iowa, but he was prescient enough to know even in the Garden of Eden there was sufficient dissatisfaction to break the only rule they had.' As always, 5/5!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Husband was a complete ass, he wanted his wife to have cheated, and as for the ending would have been much better if she had just told him to f*ck off

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

In the final talk, Trace should’ve made her explain why she ended their sex life, and why it was so poor before that. He also should’ve rubbed her nose in her disrespect more. Everyone treats her like a child, so she acts like a child.

ZK

knoxhardknoxhardalmost 3 years ago

Tried hard, but I simply couldn't relate to or even understand either of these two strange people.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Looked like you scrambled notes for four or five different story ideas by accident, then just published it as a long, hot mess of poor grammar, unexplained plot holes and a lot of disrespect between two people without much explanation as to why.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A good read . 5*

As far as reconciliation stories go , this was one of the better ones .

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 3 years ago

I would have liked the “truth” to come out on whether she truly crossed the line. As your story checked off every box for a physical affair, I have to go with YES. She could have done all the things you presented us with and been guilty of an emotional affair, but the end decline leading to no sex seals the deal (in real life). I was on the fence on 4 or 5*, but the ending pushed it over. 5*

nestorb30nestorb30almost 3 years ago

Wow very melancholy

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I found this to be a quick, enjoyable read...with a few hitches, but nothing that was too distracting.

The rigid personalities were a bit 'off-putting' (sorry to go British on you) and detracted from the overall score. I make this a 4*.

Thanks for the amusing effort.

patilliepatilliealmost 3 years ago

I think your writing has declined over the years, at least in this stories instance. Who acts like Meredith did when she was on the Facetime call with her husband? No one I know. And both would have ample opportunity to find others, and move on. This just lacked credibility.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreameralmost 3 years ago

A very good story. Hubby was a hardass, but that’ s what the keyboard commandos here on Lit love—hope they give you encouraging comments. But they probably won’t…

Personally I agree with the comment by Tajfa—up to a point; we part where Tajfa complains about friend not telling Hubby about what happened after the call—if I can read English, the friend left after the encounter and before wife and client had their face off.

I guess the thing that gets me about these unbending spouses is the way they all forget about their sins, (wrongdoings, mess-ups, or whatever they’d prefer to call them) and their inevitable need for forgiveness.

Yes Charlotte, the penalty for unforgiven transgressions are sever and are in effect whether you believe in them or not. WE all better pray the one who we did wrong is not so unbending when we are on our knees admitting we were wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

bleh.......not your best by far. two sad people....a sad story. he is an ass and so is she.

DocGiffDocGiffalmost 3 years ago
Buchanan vs Buckhannon

I believe the town in WV is spelled Buckhannon, at least it was when I lived there. Not a blatant distraction, but it kept annoying me as I read.

MichaelFitzgeraldMichaelFitzgeraldalmost 3 years ago

Thank you for this sweet story. Lovely rhythms to how their lives flowed. Really enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

She may have been on the wayward path but the restaurant incident and fallout from it was a wake up call. As the story is written, she came face to face with lessons learned. Trace was a bit of a tool to be so adamant about divorce, yes he heard things, but consider the sources, namely self-serving bureaucrats who advanced themselves in the wake of her disaster! He could have reconciled and watched. They mau have haf those kids, instead they ended up with graying hair to color their mutual regret.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Very dissatisfying, especially from a writer with Carvohi's skill. This story started off with a bang, became insipid in the middle, and then dribbled off into nothing by the end. Color me disappointed.

saxman1947saxman1947almost 3 years ago

The phrase "fish or cut bait" is often misused. Cutting bait is something you do to get ready to fish. If all you are doing is cutting bait, you're not actually fishing. When you get the challenge to "fish or cut bait", someone is asking you if you are just going to continue preparing to do something or are you really going to do something.

Using "cut bait" as a euphemism for ending an activity is backwards. Cutting bait is what you do before you start an activity.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 3 years ago

Way too much narration.

\

"It's not what you think. I mean I didn't mean to do it. I don't know what came over me." - It's not what he thinks? It's not what he thinks, it's what you just TOLD him/ Didn't mean to do what? Have a boyfriend or to tell him that you had one?

\

Giving her the benefit of the doubt that this was just a prank, given her attitude of late, it was a stupid prank. She's been belittling him, telling him he was sexually boring, having a boyfriend isn't so hard to believe.

\

"Jiminy, she loved the silly boy!" - That's the kind of attitude that caused her problems. She's realized that, too late?

\

"The ranking policeman cryptically said" - How was what he said "cryptic?"

\

"You know you were wrong too." - How was he wrong?

\

"She only said what she did to make you mad." - Congratulations, she succeeded. As I said earlier, if she hadn't already been treating him like shit he wouldn't even have had her followed, or at least have been more open to listening to her explanation.

\

5'11" isn't short.

\

When a worker leaves, yes their workload is distributed to others, but increased pay doesn't usually go along with the work.

\

Kind of a meh reconciliation. I can grudgingly live with it, but only because the writer refused to give George a life after divorce. In real life he'd be married with two or three kids, and they'd be with him camping.

BaggyUKBaggyUKalmost 3 years ago

Perhaps it's just me! There's some incredibly strong comments for what is basically a well written story but with an unusual depth for LW. It is about a silly girl who became downright stupid in her relationship with hubby, head turned by the polished politicos around her and we all know they can't be polished.I thought that was perfectly clear, then the maturing individuals...with the benefit of hindsight. Good story thank you.

secretsalsecretsalalmost 3 years ago

Her mom didn't come to bail her out of jail because she had an appointment at a beauty salon? Guess it's easy to see where she got her values from. Neither George or Meredith seemed that interested in the marriage. He didn't keep her disrespect in check till it got out of hand, and she didn't want to work on the marriage till it was too late. Maybe they'll make a better go of the relationship the second time around.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Didn't make any sense. Plot was mediocre, characters need more depth in order to sympathize with them. The ending was illogic. 2*

Regguy69Regguy69almost 3 years ago

Always glad to see a Carvohi offering. This one kinda bothered me. The players seemed too bent to be real. He was as ridged as a man can be and she acted like a middle school girl. Her stunt with the client stretches believability. What respected campaign worker would pull that crap on a major donor? Admittedly, the hearsay evidence he had did seem to show she had one foot out the door and she’d lost respect for him. Still, a little communication between the two might have worked wonders. Well written, as always, but not one of your best stories.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989almost 3 years ago

Sad and bitter sweet. Did she? or didn't she?.

WargamerWargameralmost 3 years ago

Yeah, ok, but a bit turgid for my liking. You are a good author and most times l like your work, but sometimes your stories only go so far and remain underplayed.

In this story the build up was too long, the central theme of the lead up to the divorce was clunky. You made George into an impossibly stupid character unable to see the wood for the trees. I know you wanted the concept of trust to take the central place in your story, but in my belief George, an educated man, came across as too obtuse. Just way too too stupid, a caricature without any feel of reality about him.

Your stories are romantic normally with a bit of angst thrown in, they almost invariably frustrate the reader. But you sew up the ending a lot better than this one. Here you overplayed the stupidity of the divorce, rushed the end and in essence did not properly finish the story to the readers satisfaction. To keep our interest you need to fully complete your tale.

I know that l want to see how George overcomes his rashness in running to dump Meredith when he now explains his thought processes to her. He wants her back now, really?

Why now, you don’t give yourself the opportunity to explain.

After his behaviour why would Meredith give him a chance now, she too is older and wiser.

Watching these two come to the new dance, and their reason why is now the heart of the ending. You did now show us why.

I was going to give you 3/5, but gave you 4/5, even though l thought you missed the boat in concluding your sad tale, about a flighty young woman with dreams and a very stupid man.

Scores 4/5

ZalanaZalanaalmost 3 years ago

Kinda think she dodged a bullet when he divorced her. Only a fool denies life's gifts, his ego, his narcissism, constructs a hell for his wife and he is there torturing her even at the end. If she has that rifle pop him one because no court should convict her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The chance meeting and implied reconciliation ending ruin the story.

widower72widower72almost 3 years ago

who the hell is Trace?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

As nestorb30 said, very melancholy. I like it, a lot. (It's the Celt in me.)

tazz317tazz317almost 3 years ago
STUPIDITY SEEMS TO HAVE A BUILT IN SELF DESTRUCT LIFE SPAN

leaving those involved a path full of rocky roads and turmoil. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

"And so it goes"? Another story ruined by the lack of a real ending. UGH!

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

Well written at best, but not a good story.

It did feel like it was jerked around in parts and while she may have slipped up (Kissing her boyfriend was literally one of the stupidest things I have read in some time, outside of the cuck drivel) Trace was an absolutely worthless ass. This seems aimed at the lowest form of misogynist that comes here, because other than being a total hard ass/ass wipe to her there was literally no point in this. Cant fight that conclusion...it is what it is.

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 3 years ago
Roger McAlister?

The Embrace! Why would a woman embrace a lawyer who was representing a potential donor (whether corporate or individual)? If they had ever met before, it was fairly clear that they had not really gotten to the hugging stage! But, it helps to cheaply set the ‘cheating wife’ appearance.

More critical is that Sweetie drifted to ‘Beeatch Status’, but she fell significantly short of the LW ‘adventurous’ criterion! Closest category seems to be ‘Non-Erotic!’

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Wasted life, wasted words, wasted story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I agree with Anon he was an ass. She might have been, but he certainly was. She married below herself, way way way below.

012Say012Sayalmost 3 years ago

Great! I think the premise that people make bad assumptions and let those mistakes ruin them is a good one. Twain said, it is easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled. A similar notion. The larger audience here wants cleaner sins and punishments, lots of those stories, many of them great - not necessary to follow that path to be a great story.

timrivtimrivalmost 3 years ago

Well kinda liked the story but really the husband was a real dumbass. Destroyed any chance of having a family with a woman who loved him and for what, “nothing”. So stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Instead of saying "this is carvohi, not your typical BTB" you might well have said "This is cuck-lord carvohi, your typical over-the-top RAAC writer". Just because we hate rabid ramblings of rancid raac wroters doesn't mean we are big fans of overwrought btbs. Get that currect, cuck lord!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I think people put too much value on 'love' the feeling in a relationship. In marriage there have to be more than the feeling. Love should make spouses be responsible, dependable, honest, and trustworthy. The feeling that makes you longing/clinging to someone won't make a marriage work without the effort.

-

I disagree with comments that he want to believe she's cheating, more accurately is she's the one who wants him to believe she's cheating. So whether she cheated physically or not didn't matter, what leads to that point has already damaged the relationship. For that to be forgiven, she needs to already start the repentance act sincerely regardless of her husband's forgiveness.

DarkerBindingDarkerBindingalmost 3 years ago

First, thank you for the time you took to give us some free entertainment.

.

I generally like your stories even when I disagree with the actions or direction things take. I mean, the characters are not me. This one bothered me in the inconsistency of Meredith's character. She needed more ironing out and connecting to get her to feel real. Too wild of a swing in her described behavior/thoughts/actions without a way to reconcile it and it broke up my ability to believe she's a real character.

.

George on the other hand was more complete and connected. I didn't much like his decisions but I could believe in him as he was written.

.

It would have been nice to have had a bit more of an ending. It was really rushed from "oh look there she is" to "hey, come stay in my tent". I can believe that could be the outcome, but we just got dumped from one to the next so very fast. That was disappointing.

.

In any case, I was glad I read it.

kencorokencoroalmost 3 years ago

I didn't see if Meredith ever reflect on her failed marriage specifically her own contribution to the failure. She might start to understand the 'lesser' people now but that might not be able to pave the path for them to get back together. That's what I dislike about the ending. Too quick.

Wished the author have included more of her effort and reflection instead of just her groveling apologies. Contrition of thought alone would not be expressive enough to other people. And she need to convince others she have changed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Another assnomeous comment, like your idea, too much detail, not enough substance, give the reader some thing to think about ( their own experience). Know run on. LOVE slap hapy papy #9

oldfart4funoldfart4funalmost 3 years ago

Don’t listen to the anonymous trolls, if you can’t leave you name, don’t comment you cowards.

Outside of that, I loved it! Totally captured me from stat to finish. Some stories aren’t meant to be perfect romances, and I think this was a great read. I can understand the “breaking trust” theme, and maybe someone else might have written it differently. This is a story that when down the road less traveled. I actually felt sorry for both of them! OMG, great job!

TonyspencerTonyspenceralmost 3 years ago

A sorry tale, with both parties at fault, it looks like they might get together again at the end, but it looks like the perfect family they would have had has slipped through their fingers. Enjoyable though, 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good story that reminds us not to be too smart for our own good. I was grateful to see that you wrapped things up without a lot of extra detail. Then again, most of your stories are nicely fleshed out with your details.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

When the two protagonists interacted, the dialogue didn’t make sense. When the wife was given the chance, she didn’t explain her prank. In reality, the wife would have used the opportunity to explain in detail the how and why if what she did.

The whole “husband thinks wife is cheating, but ghosts her for weeks” is a weak excuse for a plot.

LoejtcLoejtcalmost 3 years ago

Missed the mark. George seems to be a real person but Meredith never takes on a personality of her own.

Most of the story is seen through George's eyes so it makes sense that he becomes a real person. Her behavior in Hartford was so out of character from what we were lead to believe about her that in fact it was jarring. But all we really know about Meredith is how penitent she is for her foolish behavior. And in the climactic scene where she has her last chance to save her marriage, rather than being totally honest up front she starts by begging forgiveness but attempts to hide her "fantasy world". A world that George has no place in. When confronted with his knowledge of it, "she can't remember" some very incriminating conversations. Her lack of full disclosure condemns her effort. And even after the divorce, up to the very unlikely meeting many years later she never admits to herself that she was indeed on the way to adultery, had often disrespected her husband publicly and was actively distancing herself from their marriage.

It all seemed so unlikely for a super intelligent woman who kept telling herself that her soon to be ex husband was all world she ever wanted.

Well written, flows logically, good vocabulary but character development suffered. Unusuall for this author.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

they get back together but do marry part 2 please

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

timriv, why do you only blame the husband every time there's a divorce. That woman is the idiot who ruined their relationship. She kept disrespecting her husband, and even threaten a stranger's marriage for her own enjoyment. Why would anyone stay married and have kids with such person. Without the divorce she would never have changed. If they stay married and have kids while she never understood what she did wrong, they will never have a happy family. Love alone is not enough to sustain a marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I don't really get the point of this story.

Are you trying to paint husband as an unforgiving, stubborn guy who won't forgive his wife? Or are you trying to make the wife as a lost cause and the husband is struggling to get away form her?

-

Both a hard-ass husband and a wayward wife can't happen here.

The way I read it, the wife start with the disrespect and kept doing it. The biggest problem is that facetime. That part is too much from the wife. She didn't just disrespect her husband, she even disrespect a stranger publicly. She doesn't need to really cheat with anyone to trigger a divorce after doing that.

Had you not go that far in her portrayal, I would have accept that the husband is being too stubborn. But after she did that, I only felt disgust with the wife.

-

The way I read it, author forced the ex-husband back with ex-wife by not giving him a better life after divorce.

And forced reconciliation is RAAC. Should have expand more on the ex-wife's effortful journey to learn from her past. Instead, the husband is punished with suffering after his divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Again, a lovely (and brief) ending, redolent of your magnificent "Once Upon A Time In Emmitsburg." I admit, I was rooting for them. Miscommunication, what a shame. What I'm really hoping is that they're not too old to have that family. But they may be. Carvohi, you weren't specific on this. I suppose that was deliberate. Anyway, thank you for another masterful story.

Flar1958Flar1958almost 3 years ago
Not new

Something like this i read before. But i am not sure from which author

GarySmith69GarySmith69almost 3 years ago

Both characters were at fault and as such the writer did end the story as would happen in real life. Thanks for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Weep for the wasted years....

When she went to work for a Congressperson, she entered a toxic atmosphere, and it changed her. They both gave up on each other too soon. Good story.

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

Great story. I was pissed at Meredith for her actions early on, but I felt sorry for her as the story went on. Only after she was knocked off her high horse and divorced did she begin to find herself. George took his Midwestern reserve a little too far, in my opinion. She was wrong in the things she had done or said, but he was just too unbending to try to reconcile. I like the ending, as it gives hope for them to have a future.

BSreaderBSreaderalmost 3 years ago
Good story

As usual.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

oldfart4fun is so brave, that he tells everyone his name is 'oldfart4fun'. Next time, leave your real name.

Why don't you focus on writing more story of your wife getting gangbanged, oldfart4fun. People like you won't understand the anger from betrayal.

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 3 years ago

When you least expect it, expect it. Nice story. Thanks for sharing.

NitpicNitpicalmost 3 years ago
Poor

Poor,and if she has any sense,she will stick with the life she has made and tell the arrogant sod to sling his hook elsewhere.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreealmost 3 years ago

Yes, we've seen this before.

Nothing is good enough for the guy, but the bad ex.

What a depressing thought.

Still, this is good writing with a well worked plot.

A damn good story

until the depressing end.

3 out of 5 from me.

FireFox59FireFox59almost 3 years ago

Enjoyed your story. Sadly it involves two flawed individuals. Meredith was very, very immature and George was pretty much a hardass with not one ounce of forgiveness in him. Rather strange Meredith would completely turn her life around to become the woman she was in the end.

QuietlyLurkingQuietlyLurkingalmost 3 years ago

Audra is a beautiful place and it's near Buckhannon. With a k.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110almost 3 years ago

"What we have here is a failure to communicate." On both sides.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Well written but rather one dimensional and why would she ever want such a complete dickhead back. Her behaviour was childish but his was cowardly and vindictive. What is it about the men in so many of these stories that they jump to conclusions and refuse to even talk to the women they're supposed to love.

LA

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Awfully slow, careful, as though the history of a true experience.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Well-written but darn irritating. Because these were two smart people who could and should have been able to talk about how she was changing, how distance was growing between them, how he felt demeaned here and unappreciated. Then when "caught" in Connecticut and pretending a liaison, there should have been a way back from that, especially when she lost her job and regained her humility. That he just shut her out and cut her off was an infuriating Sisyphean ordeal!

ttom76ttom76almost 3 years ago

I think that you missed the boat by trying too hard to get something new and different.

I agree with what Whackdoodle wrote, but had a few extra insights.

I did not appreciate how he had additional information about his wife's behavior before their meeting but you didn't give it until after the meeting. I felt like you cheated on us.

I also found her employment end lacking to the point of being unbelievable.

Thanks though for trying

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 2 years ago

So for all that miscommunication the ending is what exactly? Wasting lives?

The story is sort of slim and for minimal plot it goes on for too long.

lukeshortlukeshortover 2 years ago

You ruined a decent story by giving a nion ending for an ending.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

1 star - a bad idea right from the start - utterly boring.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well, when both nixrox and donut hole pan your story, you've got a good one on your hands. Besides, I liked it. Good characters, and I'm glad they're back together.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

So big Pharma wants to buy the congressman’s vote and Meredith acted like an idiot and compromised everyone. Typical stupid woman!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Pathetic as always Carvohi!

SequoiaSempervirensSequoiaSempervirensover 2 years ago

I liked it. People make mistakes. But I believe in redemption. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Talk about an over reaction, George was an idiot, you dump a marriage without even talking to your spouse. He didn’t deserve to get her back, she should have shoved him into the water, and turned her back on him, just like he did to her. George didn’t deserve a happy ending, to bad you didn’t have Meredith fall in love with a 6’-4”, rich ex male model. Then have meridith marry him, have two beautiful children, live happily ever after, while George pined away, wondering what happened to the life he was supposed to have. Oh yeah, he flushed that down the toilet.

Thanks for your time and effort, I love your writing just didn’t care for George. KS

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

congrates, very real, believable..your build up of their failing closeness with mostly her distancing herself and lack of respect, effectively removed the thought that he over reacted to her display confirming/justifying his thoughts of her playing around. Though in this story line it turned out to be wrong, it is nice to see you present a male/husband that is not indecisive,wishy washy about making the right decision as to what he knew and sticking to it. you write well,stick to believable.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous