All Comments on 'Merry Christmas, Patty'

by javmor79

Sort by:
  • 185 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
5 star effort

But what the hell? DEPRESSING as all get out. I enjoy a well written story, regardless of the subject matter. But this story isn't going to help your friend (Sorry about his problems). What you need to do is nudge that person into counseling and write a story that's actually uplifting. Not this Debbie downer stuff! Thanks for the effort - but no thanks!!!! Now I need a stiff drink.........

5 stars

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Great story

Great story, well written,.and about the saddest Merry Christmas ever.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 3 years ago

Like a bad episode of DR PHIL

The wife is using her mother's cancer which eventually kills her mother as an excuse to go find another man to fuck.?

And of course given this particular author it's not a surprise at the husband never mentions THAT !

sure finding the text at the messages on her phonwe was bad but the really agregious thing .... Is never brought up.

The reason why the husband never mentions the wifes use of her mother's cancer as a cover story to fuck sean.... Is because if thechusband in this story focused on that he would Quickly see how immoral and completely worthless his wife is. He would not be wallowing in his own pity. He would not be hoping that his wife would come to her senses and want to take care of him

If the husband realizes how disgusting vile and immoral and unethical his ex wife is he wouldn't be sad at all on Christmas.

truly pathetic story

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

It's a sad story, but also a good story. You can make it through anything with friends. Keep in touch with them, because maybe they're going through something and need your help.

Thanks for posting.

steeltiger01steeltiger01over 3 years ago

I sincerely hope that this story has a continuation; it feels like there's more to tell. This us a really well pur together tale of loss. Amazing.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 3 years ago

Well done. I can't help. however, to want more from these deftly rendered characters. I hope you extend their compelling story(ies) further. Thanks much.

TajfaTajfaover 3 years ago

Not sure what to think. A really well written story that was very emotional but I was left feeling empty. I don't see a reconciliation as her actions following the discovery were the opposite of what she should have done. I would like to think he finds someone better and that she gets dumped after her boyfriend finds someone new. Really just a very sad story.

TwentysevenTwentysevenover 3 years ago
Heartrending

Excellent writing, but why is this man still accepting her calls? He is wallowing in self-pity instead of filing for divorce and moving on. This marriage has no future and life is short.

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

How fucking pathetic, how stupidly sad. These two characters need to be taken outside and baseball batted.

I hope Javmor79 can add another chapter here with a much happier ending. This story as it stands seriously sucks.

Come on everyone demand another chapter.....

PowersworderPowersworderover 3 years ago

Great first chapter! I can't wait to find out what happens to them next.

Will Patrick find someone better? Will Kendra be consumed with jealousy when he moves on? Will their daughter love her new stepmother more than her selfish mom? Will Kendra and Sean's relationship last or will it fall apart too?

Oh... that's it? What's the point in just writing a single scene with no meaningful ending?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
It was good

You explained the underlying issues in their marriage that led to it's breakdown.

But it's not an excuse for Kendra's actions. Not even close. Pat did grow up from this experience. He learned to put himself first for once, and NOT be a doormat. He addressed his issues. BUT kendra is still a selfish little loser. And she did not grow even once iota. She'll always be a clingy selfish puppet, because people will exploit that....like sean did. She never really sacrificed for others, and would make a horrible wife, and maybe even a lazy mother.

At the end of the day, he deserves to be happy. He should No Contact her, it would be the final step. And she would need to dump sean and learn to be independent if she ever wants to grow up.

gldngolfergldngolferover 3 years ago
Just wonder...

How many times that kind of call will actually take place this Christmas?

Well done.

heathrowinneoheathrowinneoover 3 years ago

Fantastic tale... there has to be more to this story.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 3 years ago
Make a decision, either of you.

This situation is ridiculous. It is tearing them both apart. Patrick will never move his life forward if he doesn't make a decision re the divorce. It is not good for their child either. So, he needs to either file or forgive the slut wife and get back together.

She is also using his indecision to continue fucking her "boyfriend" in spite of suggesting she and Patrick have counsilling. Why? What for?

Plus, his slut wife needs to make a final decision also. She still wants the best of both worlds: her husband PLUS her fuck buddy boyfriend. Why doesn't SHE file? She's got the fuckbuddy. Even heading off to meet his parents.

This separation for almost a year is just ridiculous.

Rob5373Rob5373over 3 years ago
I agree with the other comments

Well written, good story but It needed a finish.

JoeMoeFromChicagoJoeMoeFromChicagoover 3 years ago
Close to Home

Wow... I don't actually celebrate Christmas, but this situation struck real close to home when it came to my divorce.

Guys, this is real. Shit like this does happen. There are some of us men out there that love our women HARD. Like want the absolute best for them at ANY and EVERY expense and will stop at NOTHING to get it for them. Which, as the story outlines, sometimes comes at the expense of us not quite getting what we want. Again, happy wife, happy life. And sadly, this can be an outcome, where the woman gets into a mindset that she DESERVES something on the side because we won't fight for ourselves as men against our wives (I think that's why they call us cucks sometimes). But this is making the mistake of kindness vs weakness.

Then there's the other side of the situation of being there to support our women. The whole balance that was mentioned. Unfortunately, because men aren't allowed to show emotions and gotta be tough when adversity comes along, in a lot of cases, we (again, us good guys that love our women HARD [I'd like to emphasize this is NOT every man out there]) put our own issues and woes on the backburner to handle on our own time in favor of making sure our wives are ok. I'm not saying this is right or even healthy, I'm just saying it happens. And because this happens, couples fall into that trap where the husband's needs and wants are ignored and no one notices because the wife is used to getting what she wants 90% of the time.

I would mention that this is where proper communication comes into play, but no one thinks about this mainly because no one wants to make waves, I suppose. Or couples settle into this lifestyle and by the time anyone wants to say something about it, it's too late because someone (usually the wife, like in this story) fucked up and everything is in disarray. In which case, we're forced to sit back and wonder what happened even though in a lot of cases, it's way too late to really do anything about it.

Like I said, this story really hit close to home with me as I can relate with the MC over what happened.

5-stars!

-JMFC

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
well

Well written.

I liked the story but the wife was delusional.

You wrote her having regrets and wanting him back. Yet she was still seeing the other guy. A guy of such virtual he is cheating with a married women destroying a childs family.

What kind of woman is that? Not a good one and one that shouldnt be raising a daughter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Really good. There isn't always a happy ending. There are just some really narcissistic people out there who just won't be who you need them to be because they aren't capable. It is soul crushing when you love them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Harry VA

You sir are the Cunt. All you do is shit post. You vet your little dick off on the negativity you try to spread because you cant write a good story to save your soul. Hell you cant even write a comment without misspelling words. You truly are a sad pathetic person.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 3 years ago

Engaging, well written story. I can tell by how it is written you didn't really intend on a sequel, but I would ask you to do at least one more chapter. Will Kendra "figure it out" by next Christmas? Maybe she goes to counseling on her own? I would be undecided on whether Patrick should reconcile. Before the "cuck" accusers go apeshit, you set the mindset of two flawed people still in love with a 9 year old daughter that deserves a loving family, if the grownups can find a path forward. I'd like to see how that journey goes...

KeyLargofanKeyLargofanover 3 years ago
Hopefully an uplifting follow up story on this family

That was a sad story,and the wife came away looking like she had serious mental health issues.The wife using her mom's cancer to hook up with her boyfriend,there's no coming back from that.Sorry to hear about your friend,this is a time of year when everyone needs to be there for each other.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 3 years ago

Please revisit this next Christmas. My guess is Patrick will have a better year with a new love and Kendra will be very much alone as she deserves.

RePhilRePhilover 3 years ago
You are a good friend

Which is far more important than any written word. Seasons blessings to you and your friend

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Not all stories have happy endings, a well written story as it is. Thank you.

FireFox59FireFox59over 3 years ago
Tragic Story

Really no winner in this story. The wife still has no clue why he left her. Thanks for sharing.

Hoplite122Hoplite122over 3 years ago
Bravo Zulu

Well done. My kind of story, very heavy on the emotional turmoil that occurs when people violate their vows. Generally not much of a need for explicit details of sexual acts in this type of piece. Thank you.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 3 years ago

Great short and what a horrendous bitch!

I've had three friends go through this bullshit this year with self centered cheating sluts for wives.

Three marriages down the tubes and three broken families.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 3 years ago

What a sad and depressing tale. I hope he finds some peace in his life and is able to move on from her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
No Sympathy

The core of the problem is that Patrick refused to go to therapy when he was depressed by his btrother's death. Therefore he remained depressed, unable to communicate his feelings to his wife, which drove her away.

He deserves no sympathy. This is a 'slice of life' story, perhaps a cautionary tale about what not to do in certain situations, but for people who alredy know what to do in situations like this, it's not telling them anything new, and for people who don't know what to do in these kinds of situaitons, it probably won't change their behavior. 2*s

(For a sequel to be worthwhile, it needs to have one or both of them moving off their equally self-centered dead-center. That would make the story meaningful, rather than merely a 'slice-of-life'.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

How can she not se that NOT giving up Sean removes ANY possibility of reconciliation? If PATRICK would come back, she'd drop Sean? That's totally back-asswards!

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
Exceptionally good! 5***** all the way!

That's an honest look into a selfish marriage and loss. What she really lacks is the courage to take a step without the security of knowing she will be rewarded. She clings to Sean because she needs someone rather than push him away and show her husband that she has made a choice. She is a coward and very well described in the story.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

@Anonymous Re: "No sympathy" - I don't see where he refused counseling for his brother's death. He refused MARRIAGE counseling, because the slut wouldn't stop seeing Sean, she's even going to visit his family.

likeboblikebobover 3 years ago

A touching read but I think I would have liked it more if it had a finish, Thank you for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

A true story feel . One gets detached a little and the other finds someone else to fuck , happens often . My question is why with such common needs in a relationship such as intimacy ( touching, fucking etc ) and a common connection of daily life do people reach out to strangers to make their marriage better mentally. Why fuck someone else more or do different things instead of pushing your spouse. Why not realize that usually when your emotional cheating the other starts with responding to and listening because they are trying to win you over . It’s really obvious yet so many fall and the divorce rate is astronomical and cheating even higher. A guy I knew was getting divorced after being married 20 plus years . His wife showed all the signs so he hired an investigator. He wanted proof. He got a report w / texts also , pics and videos of her over a year affair. He said she talked with this guy way more and did sexual stuff with him she denied him for decades. He said the video was the nail . They were both verbally explicit and she took Cum shots on face , got fucked up her ass that sucked him right out of her ass also rimming him . Not to mention they both abused him verbally in the two hour video . Apparently he got it posted to most porn sites anonymously than uploading it and sending it to her saying he found it on porn site . Everyone they knew got it and he was divorcing her but was not happy and really screwed financially. Life gets fucked up for all besides the two , the kids , all family, all friends are totally affected as well

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Powerful!

One of the better stories that illustrates the old axiom “if you break it, you own it”.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
very real

felt very real. I don't blame him for feeling as he did. I understand his depression as I lost my brother suddenly and yes, it depressed the hell out of me. I did want time alone and my wife did not leave me. My wife lost both parents and she was depressed and miserable for a few years. She still apologizes for her behavior even though she doesn't need to and I stayed with her and did not cheat.

I know some blame patty for his wife leaving but I don't. She chose to cheat and he did the right thing. I pray he gets over her and doe snot take her back. I hope she enjoys being with Sean and I hope her daughter, when of age, choses Dad.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 3 years ago
Never happen

Can not imagine taking the call on xmas eve. He had to know she was still with Sean, their daughter must keep him informed. To leave one self open to more pain is crazy and reliving the hurt he felt is plain stupid. That's one call that would have been a quick delete.

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicover 3 years ago
Sad no ending.

It is like reading Daniel Q Steele’s When We Were Married. Just another story that is not finished. 3*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

The author's stories are the same in pronunciation. A weak husband puts his wife first, puts her on a pedestal. Wife treats him like shit and he still loves her. Even when he leaves, the wife wins.

Such nonsense could not have been written by a real man. The author is a woman

1*

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 3 years ago

Wow, a lot here for a single page story. This is extremely well done, not just the writing, although it's well written, but the insight into their emotional turmoil is well thought out and well expressed. I wish I could give this more than 5 stars.

BeBopper99BeBopper99over 3 years ago

5* for the most realistic story of 2020. Most of LW stuff is badly written fantasy, but this is a gem. This needs a part 2.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Write a sequel

To give a proper ending to both the characters, I hope you wrote a sequel for this story .

GrimmerGrimmerover 3 years ago

I left this tale with the feeling that if Patrick doesn’t get help, Kendra is not going to need a divorce.

management91399management91399over 3 years ago

Most people think they need to live their lives with a net below them, they fail to realize that we never have a net below us, Patrick sees this, his cheating spouse does not and it's that fear that she NEEDS a backup plan all the time that has killed her marriage, by her own hands. She is her own worst enemy. Tightly written and leaves the reader wanting more. Well done!

trance00trance00over 3 years ago
@anonymous12/14/20

A depressed person deserves no sympathy? What an ignorant, heartless piece of crap you are. I once had someone tell me, "Just pull yourself up by your bootstraps." Well, what if you don't have any "bootstraps"? Depression deprives an individual of one of the most basic motivators in life, hope. Without hope, it's hard to do anything.

No, this didn't start with the husband's depression. This started with the wife's selfishness, which was a character flaw she possessed before the husband became depressed. The husband's depression arose because of his brothers death. If the husband's depression was purely situational, he might have eventually snapped out of it, but his wife's cheating only intensified and prolonged his depression. If she had supported him instead of virtually deserting him and betraying him, he probably would have recovered sooner. If the husband made a mistake, it was coddling his wife and allowing her selfishness to make her spoiled and entitled.

Javmor79's stories continue to impress. This wasn't just an excellent read. It was a well thought out analysis of two particular characters and how their personalities and their situation conspired to bring about the downfall of their relationship, despite the fact that they do seem to love each other. A truely, wonderfully, sad tale.

TeslerTeslerover 3 years ago

Nice short story and very well written. In time Patty’s heart will heal and Kendra will have to live with the reality of her actions.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 3 years ago
The was as good as it gets

5 stars all the way around

SouthdownSouthdownover 3 years ago
well.... that's a sad thing...

Too bad Patrick can't find a decent woman, this one is a heartless tramp! They both have issues, that's where a married couple lean on each other to sort things out... however screwing some chat room lizard will never fix it... sluts will be sluts! I gave it 2** for not writing a resolution, stories have endings this is just a crying session!!

Too bad, could be a good story!

johnadpjohnadpover 3 years ago
Very Good 5 Stars... But A Couple Of Observations

Relationships are like two magnets. When one pulls away the other one comes to it. The more one pulls away the more the other one comes. So, be careful how strongly you're being pulled by your partner.

Second, one must own their shit. I have seen this with several wives amongst family and friends. They get married young, are completely devoted to their husbands and children, and allow their husbands to do whatever they want, and the wives cater to every single one of their whims. Then one day they hit middle age and the husband has become a total selfish dick and the wife becomes totally resentful of the relationship and him, and really starts despising everything about him.

Bottom line, the reason these wives did the Mother Theresa act was because they "got off" on doing that. Even when we are being what is supposed to be completely "selfless" we are acting out of self-interest. Just like the husband in this story "got off" on being the provider of all the happinesses he gave his wife. The problem is that when you do that you are becoming an enabler for bad behavior. You being at the beck and call of another person and at their feet will eventually result in them taking you for granted, and the fault lies amongst the both of you. When you give a lot expect a lot back. If you find out that you're doing most of the giving pull back, and have the person come to you- magnets.

I give my wife a lot, but we had many talks before we got married about what I expect from her in a relationship. One example, we had a talk before we got married about weight. I told her I'm not attracted to overweight women. She asked me if I won't love her if she got fat. I told her I probably would still love her with my big head, but I doubt my little head will want to come out to play very often. She got a little sad, so I explained to her if she got fat because of some kind of medical issue it would be different. But if she allowed herself to get fat because she is married now so it doesn't matter, I am going to be very resentful. And you know what my wife has never gotten overweight except when she had our son, and even then she bounced back very quickly.

But that is just one thing. Give a lot, but expect a lot. She gets the things she wants a vast majority of the time in the areas of our lives that intersect. I'm very loving towards her. Even when I had my stressful business, and she didn't work, I made sure we went out both Friday (when I often wanted to just chill, but always happy after going out) and Saturday nights, and had dinner out at least once during the week. I did my part, but I have always expected her to do her part as well. And btw, I have always watched my weight and how I looked as well.

If in this story he thought the wife was a naturally selfish person to start with he should have been even more cognizant to not enable that behavior further. He should have been even more vocal about what he needs from her from the start, and been more aware about the balance of giving in the relationship. Don't expect a person who starts of selfish and you enable more of that behavior to not get even more selfish and take you for granted. Find out what it is in your personality that allows someone to mistreat you (and it is mistreatment if you're giving a lot more than you're getting). After all, ultimately the only people we can truly change is ourselves.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 3 years ago

Quite a story. Thanks.

lukeey90lukeey90over 3 years ago
Let go

I understand that he still love her which means it was real but for her to not give up her asshole means she'll never change. I think he should file for divorce rather than this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
5*

You’ve got pain & despair down. Nothing left to say.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Please Javmor don't end It there.

A brilliant story just can't be left like that ,please continue It Javmor

someoneothersomeoneotherover 3 years ago

This is a 5* story. I don't think much of the Patrick character or Kendra's character. They are both flawed. Patrick does not appear to be suffering from clinical depression, but simply could never get over his brother's death. He should have recognized a need for counseling, and his downspin is his own creation. The critical aspect of Kendra's character is that she she is too selfish to love anyone. m But, the characters a re real and reflect the world, and this one-pager did a great job in encapsulating a lot of emotion.

TechumsahTechumsahover 3 years ago
Very good

Loved it. Hoping you do a sequel. Impressed with the character build up on such a short story.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 3 years ago
Depressing? Yes!

Yes. it is depressing, but it is also VERY good writing. The hopeful part for Hubby is that he acknowledges it will come to an end eventually. And not with a .38 calibre lollypop. But it will probably end faster for Sweetie since the weasel in her (mostly virtual) hen-house is a major factor for her a year later. Not mentioned, but clearly implied is that Hubby gets time with their daughter mostly whenever Sweetie needs a babysitter.

The biggest quibble for Javmor79 is that Hubby’s interactions with Sweetie, during these few phone-call minutes but also since their separation, do NOT address his continuing role as Daddy. A serious father, like most mothers, would recognize that as his highest priority. The other side of that coin-toss could be two-pronged. First, that Hubby’s depth of sorrow would be moderated, and also that Weasel’s long-distance presence in Sweetie’s life would be diminished. Both of these make the story more poignant.

5*

Thatguyoverthere744Thatguyoverthere744over 3 years ago
Nicely done

A beautifully sad tale of betrayal and lost love. 5 stars.

Mr_Sap24Mr_Sap24over 3 years ago
Damn....

This one was rough. I fear some f the couples the author have worked on migth end up in this situation if they aren't carefull.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Depression

I've had depression, but I never refused treatment, I did, and still do everything I can to deal with it. When you refuse treatment you are condemning yourself, and everyone around you to your misery. Just like a alcoholic/drug user, you are abusing everyone else around you, you are being very selfish in not getting treatment. How long are people around you are suppose to wait before getting on with their lives?

The wife in this situation was not honest to her spouse, even though he refused treatment she should have been honest with him, and gave him a ultimatum, stating get help or I am leaving you.

jakie1jakie1over 3 years ago
Thank You

Your story was excellent but sad, please consider another chapter to help them heal!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
What do you expect? He got what he married.

Weak men deserve shitty lives. Don't blame me, blame Darwin. What does the gene pool need with sensitivity and temerity and self denigration, especially in a husband? Where's the protector, where's the watchman, where's the warrior? What kind of woman wants a fawning indulgent adoring husband? Yes, this kind of woman.

Its OK, someone has to occupy that section of the bell-shaped curve. Spoil her, trust her, be her fool. If you're lucky you'll die never knowing what she really thinks of you, and what she did when she was thinking only of her wants and desires and Needs. Let's not forget her NEEDS.

A logical evolution of a dysfunctional marriage. She and Sean may live happily ever after; ignorance is bliss. I hope for the daughter that the ex husband mans up and learns to be a real man for a real woman. Darwin is waiting for the outcome. His choice.

Thanks for the effort.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 3 years ago

THATS MR CUNT TO YOU.

.

And by the way of the 50 comments besides this one about half of them agree with my perspective. Including people who normally don't like what I'm saying such as JUST WORDS and SBROOKS.

There are a lot of comments here talking about how disgusting you and repulsive and unethical for whites behavior is.

Using her mother's cancer treatments as a excuse to find and exploit a the slip away so she can have sex with her boyfriend is not OK.

But what is worse about this is That particular action she did to hide Her affair never gets brought up by the husband Patrick in the story.

That is just not acceptable or realistic... and neither is Patrick taking the phone call from the wife on xmas

WHILE SHE IS STILL WITH SEAN

YouamiYouamiover 3 years ago

An excellent story with very believeable characters. Cheers for your submission!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 3 years ago

Another great story!

5

njlaurennjlaurenover 3 years ago
Well written

But in the end sad and pointless, though there is reality in this. Patrick became a screwed up mess when his brother died,he wallowed in survivor guilt and he also firmly believed he didn't deserve anything. His wife sees him all depressed and never tries to get him help,she just let's some schmuck enter her life and thinks about herself. While he has a reason to be depressed he also forgets he has a life, that whatever he did in life he has a family,yet in a sense he throws that away.

In the end the story was a bummer,he has hardened his heart but hasn't opened it to another person and she seems caught in this limbo where she loves Patrick but still is trying to create a life with Sean,instead of trying to figure out how to be there for him and help him heal. Would rather have the story find a resolution with some warmth to it, where either or both people find something. The wife may be a selfish bitch but

She also was a victim of what happened to his brother,depression takes many victims,the way any mental health issue does. It can be frustrating when sympathy goes to the person with the issue and tells people around them to suck it up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Depressing as Fuck

Seriously, who comes to an erotic story site and reads this nonsense?

baulloyder68baulloyder68over 3 years ago
Very well done

You have a way with words that keeps me coming back to your stories. I understand Patrick, been there done that. As always FIVE*****

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Been there

Brings back old memories of when I went through about the same exact thing.

Mine wasn't so nice though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Paaaleeeeaaaaassseeeeee!!!!!!

Cheated for 2 years, only separated. Still takes her calls. Only when it involves his daughter should he talk to her.

He is a masochist and a coward. Fish or cut bait, don’t hang around the dock and bitch because it smells like shit.

jimjam69jimjam69over 3 years ago

Probably way more realistic than most. Well written story.

Richie4110Richie4110over 3 years ago

Loved it. Well developed and the emotions were felt.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I like it as it is and don't personally feel the need to hear more from these two. They'll both move on to whatever awaits them. This was just the story of how one wife's selfishness brought about the painful end of their relationship.

Well done, javmor79.

Thanks for the story.

Cog

DearfieldDearfieldover 3 years ago
Great

I don’t leave many comments, But! I really enjoyed this short story.

lover1953lover1953over 3 years ago

Very well written. Your descriptions of the feelings and emotions was excellent. Keep up the good writing.

MainefiddleheadsMainefiddleheadsover 3 years ago

This was one of the best one page stories I've read on Lit this year. It is an honest and real portrait of a broken marriage. I think you summed the crux of this story with one sentence..

"If Patrick did that, she'd gladly drop Sean from her life...."

This really made the story more about her than him. While it doesn't need another word to be complete, you have set the stage for a journey well beyond this sad Christmas Eve.

MFH

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
???

When are you going to “Finish the Damn Story”?

tralan69ertralan69erover 3 years ago

2SBROOKS,

"If anyone needed time on a therapist's couch, it was Patrick. But he refused therapy."

You should read the story before inserting foot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
DEPRESSING...YA THINK!

Let’s sum this up. Wife has two year affair with boyfriend Sean. Husband finds about it and moves out. (Takes recliner.) Wife runs to boyfriend within days after husband leaves. Daughter not happy with mom. Wife calls husband Christmas eve. (They are separated but still married, no one has filed for divorce.) She seems to have second thoughts but is still going to spend Christmas Day with boyfriend and parents. Few questions are:

1). Do boyfriend’s parents know that he is bringing a married woman home to meet them? How will they react. Will the term “once a cheater, always a cheater” pop up from either of his parents?

2). If wife and boyfriend do get hitched: how long till wife has “buyers remorse” about stepping out on Patrick. Will the excitement ware off. Will boyfriend have doubts about wife not cheating on him, (did parents have talk with him?)

3). There is no divorce, will boyfriend want to stay around if things get ugly. Don’t think Patrick will go quietly.

4). Did the wife take into account the daughter. Daughter is already miffed about mom’s cheating on dad, I would bet real money she is a “daddy’s girl” and devoted to Patrick. Don’t think she will take too well to boyfriend.

This is a 5 star story. Just one thing, as there are a lot of Irish names bandied around so maybe it should be Paddy rather then Patty

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Waste of Time

what a waste reading this. There is no justice. No payback. Just a bitch cheating on her soulmate. Ruining his life, her life and their daughters life. How can anyone view this as a good story?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Impressive

That was extraordinarily well written. Five stars

maninconnmaninconnover 3 years ago
It was a snapshot

This story doesn’t have an ending, because it never ends. It’s a snapshot of a continuous flow of emotions from two people with broken lives. She would call, and he would take it because they are the only two people in the world who share the same pain from the same event. They also share experiencing the same flaws, his need to come first and her need to stay first in his heart. They walked the same sad path, raising a child, deaths of family members, and of course Sean, the snake in the garden.

I don’t see reconciliation, ever. However I do see them clinging to the love behind their broken marriage, maybe indefinitely, with her holding onto her affair out of her need to be up on somebody’s pedestal AND desperately wanting her husband back all while not being able to understand that dropping Sean would be a huge step in reuniting. It’s a terrific catch 22, and is only possible by the author crafting this incredible need to be adored. What deliciously bittersweet irony!

Props Javmor. IMHO your best story!

I’m not in favor of a sequel. I’m skeptical of being able to match the emotion and intensity you brought here.

Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Somewhere on the outskirts of Denver

JPB sighs, and shakes his head at the readers who cannot accept a "scene from a life/marriage" for what it is and demand CLOSURE!

Many of these same readers will quite unironically express that there is no need for an aggrieved husband to seek same from, or provide it to, a wayward wife.

FifteenyearscotchFifteenyearscotchover 3 years ago
It's soooo simple

If the person you want to marry doesn't put YOU before themselves, they're simply not marriage material!! Have your fun & move on "Don't try to turn a HO into a housewife"

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

So sad and so realistic. Two people whose ego won't let them give ground and admit what they really feel for each other. A wife whose lover will eventually drop her, they aren't living together it seems. A daughter who hates her mother for the family breakup and a husband who sits alone most of the time.

Well written and well crafted piece of misery.

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 3 years ago
Incredible!

javmor79, I typically criticize authors for failing to include a sympathetic, likable character in their cast. Here, excluding maybe the daughter, the prime protagonists are all shitballs or simply weak. And yet you delivered a very powerful and complete snapshot that clearly paints the whole picture. Beautifully done! Congratulations and thanks!

The comments are as expected - looking for more detail (it's one page fer crissakes!), unhappy it's not all sunshine and rainbows, or just generally not their cuppa tea. For what it's worth, I am happy with the story AS IS.

Keep 'em comin'.

ErotFanErotFanover 3 years ago
A Christmas tour de force

I recently completed reading all your submittals and was delighted to see this new offering. A what a poignant telling.

This little gems ranks right up there with some of the other best authors on the site.

Favorited

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

You don’t know What you’ve got until it’s gone! Temporary excitement and even intense sexual gratification are poor substitutes for a good

marriage ! The depth of the pain and anguish run as deep as the joy and elation did high ! Well written story of lost love and broken families , in these there are no winners ! I give it 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Awesome! So very well written and full of emotion in so few words. Less is definately more.... but I'd love for this story to be taken further. Is there a Chapter 2? Please? An easy 5 stars.

jamesapplejamesappleabout 3 years ago

This entire story is an emotional gut punch. So well written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

If this story was real life I'd say that Patrick and Kendra still loved each other deeply and that Kendra is now regretting her affair with Sean. The problem is Patrick isn't fighting for her he has just let her go so that he can wallow in his own misery. Again if this was a real life story both of them need a good slapping to get their heads out of their arses.

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 3 years ago
@anony 4/23/21 — fight for her.

What’s to fight for? It seems she started emotionally cheating on him 2-years previous to him finding out. And physical cheating several (if not many many) months previous. Using her mother’s frail health as an excuse to see cumbucket? And saying she “loved” him in a text? Loved turdbreath enough that the day after the separation was signed she runs up to see the dick while she leaves the 8 year old daughter, who just basically lost her family? No, she was “in love” with assface. What the hell’s to fight for?

She keeps saying she stills loves Patrick. Let’s get counseling. Making the motions she loved Patrick. But it seems every chance she gets she runs off to see numbnuts. What’s to fight for?

knoxhardknoxhardalmost 3 years ago

Narcissism is a cancer. It kills. Sometimes slowly. Sometimes a little faster. Always painfully.

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementealmost 3 years ago

A nice but extremely sad story, and there is nothing wrong with a sad story. It touched my heart. Maybe, just a thought, a second chapter where Kendra cancels that trip with Sean and goes with Jessi to visit Patrick, which could lay the foundations for some kind of reconciliation. As I said, just a thought.

In any case, thank-you for the good, though sad, read.

Pasqual

JonDoe315JonDoe315almost 3 years ago

What's to fight for? They both have up and she was just the catalyst.. Hope he can move on and get rid of the bitch and hope she suffers the guilt

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Sad Tale

More realistic than not. But she was a cheating whore.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

"But the dynamics that he'd built early on made his feelings not as important."

Typical woman/man relationship...the woman's feelings, wants, desire always trump the man's. The problem is women don't appreciate and respect nice kind men. They view the man's kindness as weakness and they lose respect of the man.

"She went looking for validation that she was still attractive; that she was worth looking at."

Insecure and needy woman looking for affirmation of her sexual market worth and affirmation. Regardless of how attentive the husband is they don't believe the husband when he says nice things about her and her desirability because remember they interpret the husband's kindness as weakness and as such don't respect his opinion of her.

"She was hoping that he would tell her that he couldn't live without her, and that he was coming home to her. If Patrick did that, she'd gladly drop Sean from her life."

OH, how magnanimous of her....come crawling back to me declaring your undying love for me then I'll think about giving up my lover. Sure, you didn't respect me then, so there's no way crawling back to you is going to earn your respect. At least the husband is buying into her "pick me" dance. One of the most common mindfucks the cheated upon may experience after discovery of an affair, is the expectation that they will try harder to win back the cheater. Just always remember you aren’t at fault for another’s cheating. That’s on them. As they say in therapy about people behaving self destructively – the Three C Rule – “you didn’t CAUSE it, you cannot CURE it, and you cannot CONTROL it.”

Cheating comes from a sense of entitlement. All you do when you compete for your marriage is solidify that entitlement – Cheaters want you to believe that it is YOUR job to ensure the happiness of the cheater. Healthy relationships are based upon reciprocity. Infidelity is a toxically lopsided situation. Cheaters want to sit impassively while you do the humiliating dance of “pick me!” This makes them feel powerful, central, special. The best response is to fold(Divorce them) because the game is rigged. There is no winning bid. The cheater just wants the competition to go on indefinitely.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Loved the story. It needs a part 2, wherever that goes. It would be great if the author could take us forward and help his characters find resolution.

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 3 years ago

Would love a part two but I understand about life.

Another installment of MoLex would be cool too.

SarahwithloveSarahwithlovealmost 3 years ago

Ahh, love out to your friend. I was hoping for happily ever after, maybe a part 2?? It was very good, I was engrossed from the start.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userjavmor79@javmor79
I enjoy my job as much as anyone else, but I LOVE writing. It's a fun escape. Real life leaves me precious little time to fully enjoy my hobby. I apologize to people who have to wait weeks between chapters of my stories. I enjoy reading erotic stories, but find that when I ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES