Michael or Mac Ep. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Donna screams with laughter, "Okay, Onzo2002 wants to know why we are not dating?"

"That's a simple one to answer, I have only ever had one girl in my heart, and that's my Em. Donna and I just don't have the same connection." I glance off at Emma, and she gives me the most beautiful smile. I see a lot of broken heart emojis flash across the screen.

"Right, another topic of conversation over the week has been, how much of the concert did you play? Some people seemed to think it was too good and must have been a recording."

"Most of it was live. The only recorded parts were the baselines and drum beats."

"Could you demonstrate what you mean?"

"Sure, if you want to follow me over here." Donna reangled her camera towards my set up, and I put my guitar strap over my shoulder. "Okay, because I am only one person, I can make, record or loop any of my instruments. So if we take the one song everyone seems to be fascinated with, Metallica's one. On Saturday, I started with the opening guitar riff. I kick the peddle to record and then loop like this." I played the opening guitar and then looped it. "So, we have the beginning of the tune on loop. I then lined up the prerecorded drum and bass." I set my keyboard to count itself in. "Now it will loop like that until I start playing." I let it loop a couple of times before going over the top with the second guitar riff. "I could add a lick if I wanted, but you don't play with perfection." I did an instrumental for a while and then stopped.

"Wow," is all Donna can say. Then she composes herself. Is there a song you can do that you can show how you build?"

"Not sure that will satisfy the skeptics too much," I say. Is there any song that your viewers can suggest, and I will see if I can do it justice?"

"Okay, it's over to you lot then. We are looking for a song for Mac to play off the cuff, so to speak."

The conversation on the screen goes mental again. So I go and sit on the arm of the couch and read down the lists of songs. So many are rock songs that are legendary but not very good to show what I do. Then I see the perfect piece for me that gets repeated several times.

"Okay, I see one that's been asked for about three or four times," I say as I get up.

I get out my other lead guitar with different strings and play with the sound a little. I have done this song before, but I didn't have it saved on any of my electronic instruments.

"Okay, what I will show you is how I build a song from scratch. I will admit I've played this before. None of it is saved on any of my equipment." I get myself ready and smile over at Emma who's eyes seem glued to me. "Right, I hope you like Queen."

I start with the first line of piano to Bohemium Rapsody. Then, I loop it letting it run for a couple of loops. I miss out the first verse, add the baseline and then lead guitar.

I walk up to the mic,

"Mamaaa, Just killed a man,

Put a gun against his head, pulled my trigger,

Now he's dead.

All the time, I leave the piano sound looping and the same bass. It's not exact, but it's what we like to call poetic license.

I run through the song but cut it short because it does go a little random at the end. But I proved my point. Both Emma and Donna clap as I walk over to the screen, and there are so many good comments.

"Do you want me to play some more?" I say as I read all the more's on the comments.

So I start the base cords for the White Stripes, Seven Nation Army. There are only two main instruments in this, so it's not too bad for me to play, and looping helps give a fuller sound. I blend it into Linkin Park's Breaking The Habit, again showing some of the loop technics and simplifying some of the music I do a credible version.

I put the guitar back on its stand and sit back down.

"Now, a lot of people have asked if they can see Emma?" She turns to Emma, "now our Emma is usually a little camera shy. Do you want to come to sit next to your boyfriend and let everyone see what a hot girlfriend he has?"

Emma hesitates, caught by surprise. "Okay, just this once." She says, surprising me. Then, she stands and moves over to sit next to me. Most of the comments that come through are positive, and there seem to be many disappointed girls. Donna reads some of the comments, trying to stick to the better ones and away from the trolls.

"Haha, Bernnie96, asks what's he like in bed?"

"Well, he doesn't snore...." Emma answers, beaming.

"I don't think she was talking about sleeping babes."

"I know, but that's all she's getting." with that, she turns and kisses me. "Anything else is just purely for me."

Donna sits there open-mouthed, and the site goes into meltdown. Finally, Emma and I just burst into laughter. "Okay, I guess we are getting to the end of our live chat with Mac. Is there any chance of one or two more songs to finish?"

I get up and go over to the guitar. "Play brown-eyed girl for me, baby," Emma says in such a way I feel my hairs stand on end.

I look at Donna, "Is that okay with everyone?" Donna just nodded to continue.

I go into the first note cords, and the joy on Emma's face makes me miss the intro point. So I smile and loop it around.

I come to the end of the song, and Emma has tears in her eyes and the most incredible look of love ever. Donna breaks the spell, "Mac, can we finish with what started this all off. I know many people missed it live the first time, and I, for one, would like to see you play 'One' again.

A smile spreads across my face, and I shake my head at how surreal this all feels. I reset everything and put an echo on the sound. The room goes quiet as I strike the first cords and create the first loop. I line the keyboard up with the loop I created and close my eyes. My rec-room has an incredible acoustic, and I feel myself inside the song. When the rhythm changes from the slower to a more complex rhythmic piece, you can feel the pulsating guitar inside your body. Every time I play this song, I get lost in the music, and when the last note fades, you could hear a pin drop.

"Holy shit," Donna says, breaking the silence, "right guys, that's all we have time for tonight. So again, thank you to Mac and Emma, and a big thank you to everyone who tuned in. See you all around." with that she ended the transmission and gave both Emma and me a huge grin. "That wasn't so bad, was it?"

Emma and I just looked at each other and rolled our eyes. "So Donna, what was the final count of people watch?" I ask out of curiosity.

"Oh, when I looked during brown-eyed girl, it was over thirty thousand."

I sat down next to Emma, "wow, that's incredible." I looked at Emma, "are you, okay babe?" Emma nods and snuggles in.

"So Mac, has Emma told you about her new friend at school, Michael?"

"She doesn't have to tell me because Michael and I are close. So I am comfortable with them being friends. In fact, he is coming to MIT with me when I go. So I have no problem with him at all and would appreciate it if you laid off him."

Donna is surprised by my answer and takes a moment to compose her next question. "Oh, sorry, I didn't realize you knew him."

"Yes, I don't remember a time he wasn't in my life."

"Don't you find him a little.....well, strange though?"

"Not when you get to know him, no. He's very similar to me in the way he is." I think Donna could see she was flogging a dead horse, so she started to put her camera away.

"So what time are you love birds heading off tomorrow?"

"Straight after school," Emma answers. "We hope to get down there before ten."

"Cool, you know, we all could head down there next year for spring break or something."

Emma looks at me as to say, 'can we?' I pull her in tighter. "I guess we can see closer to the time, but I can't see why not." With that, both Emma and Donna squeal in delight.

Donna looks at her watch, "christ, is it nearly eight. Sorry got to go; I need to finish an assignment." With that, she is up. We show her to the front door and get another thanks. "Mac, I'm getting some money from this. Do you want to split it?"

"That's okay, Donna; I'm sure I can get by." I look at Emma, who gives me a knowing look that Donna seems oblivious to.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Emma?" Donna calls back as she makes her way next door.

"See you tomorrow." Emma shouts back and then turns to me, "soooooo, any ideas on what to do until nine?" She has this mischievous look in her eye.

"I'm open to suggestions," I reply. We turn and walk back into the house.

She straddles me on the couch, and we start to kiss. "Baby......is it possible for me to have another play with little Michael?"

I bring my head back and look into her eyes, "I would like to do some exploring myself if it's alright with you."

"We haven't got time for both. Can we make time over the weekend to both have a play?"

"Yes, we should have time, baby. We haven't talked about what we both expect from this weekend, Em."

"Yeah, this last week, our relationship has developed so much, baby. "

"Em, I can't say this enough. We will only ever do what we are both comfortable doing. It's up to you if you want to share my bed. I will be taking the sleeping bags, so there can be several choices. You can have your own room or sleep in with me but in separate bags, and lastly, we can zip the bags together and sleep as one."

Emma looks impressed with the options. "Baby, there is only one option, and that's as one." A smile grows across her face, "you know, just the fact you gave me a choice shows me that there's only one right choice."

We smile at each other and go back to kissing. I am feeling more relaxed now than I can remember. I tap her on the bum, and she pulls away, "come on, Em, let's get you home. Are you packed yet?"

"No, but I can see you are." She nods to my travel case parked over by the door. "You're always so organized."

Emma climbs off my lap and walks over to the mirror to check herself. I watch as her eyes scan herself from head to toe. She then returns up, looking over at me with a sideways glance. A smile spreads across her face, and she blows me a kiss. I promptly catch it, touch it to my lips and send one in return. Emma catches my kiss and touches her lips. She closes her eyes and breaths in through her nose in a show of pure contentment.

Her eyes open, "come on, baby, dad should be home."

I already have my shoes on from operating the peddles earlier. We walk downstairs in relative silence. The sadness of a beautiful night coming to an end takes the edge from our happiness.

I keep my promise to Terri and take Emma home in the SUV. Seems it's still a little early; Emma wants me to help with her packing. I turn the engine of the SUV off and make my way around to the passenger door to let Emma out. We walk into the house. Kim and Ron are in the family room watching an old film. They both seem a little surprised to see us so early.

"So, how did the thing go with Donna?" Kim asks. I had to smile at the use of the word 'thing.'

"Good, there were loads of people watching, and I even went in front of the camera," Emma said enthusiastically.

"Really, sweetie, that's nice," Kim replies, half listening.

"We're going upstairs to pack my bag for tomorrow." With that, Emma pulls me toward the stairs. We spend the next hour packing her bag three times. Each time Emma finds something different to take.

"Em, have you packed your swimming costume?"

"No, babe, I thought we wouldn't have time to go for a swim."

"There's always time for a swim and hot tub."

Emma's eyes light up, "there's a hot tub?" I nod to her question, and she does her cute little squeal. Emma finally closes her case and comes and sits on the window ledge with me. "This weekend is one we will remember for the rest of our lives," she says dreamily.

"It will be so special, just the two of us on our own." We sit there in silence for a moment, "Em?"

"Yes, baby?"

"Does sitting here just like this feel so.......I don't know.....so right."

Emma lifts and turns to look into my eyes. "Do you feel that as well? It's weird that we don't have to do anything to be happy together. I've never felt so contented before."

"Mmmmmm, contented is a good word to describe how I feel."

A cough comes from the door, and Kim, with a knowing look, is standing in the open doorway. "sorry to interrupt you love birds, but would you mind coming downstairs for a while. Ron and I would like to have a word."

We give each other a 'we thought this was too good to be true look' and get up. We follow Kim back downstairs and into the family room, where the TV is now off, and the main light is now illuminating the room.

We sit together on the larger couch, looking a little worried. "oh come on, you two, it's nothing bad. You don't need to look like that." Ron says as he waits for Kim to sit herself down. "Right, tomorrow, you are both going out to the coast. We are heading in the opposite direction to see your gran."

Kim takes over, "we thought it might be an idea to clarify your plans, so we know where you are and make sure we have all the contact numbers we need in case of emergencies."

I feel Emma next to me breathe out and relax a little. "What information do you need?" I ask.

"The address of the beach house, a number we can contact you there. We also would like to ask you to contact us when you arrive, around six in the evening on Saturday and when you leave. That way, we know you are fine." Kim looks at Ron, "have I missed anything?" Ron shrugs his shoulders, "oh yes, and if there are any changes in your plans, we need to know as soon as possible."

"I presume you will be back Sunday evening?" Ron adds.

"Yes, Dad, we plan to leave here as soon as possible after school. We should arrive between nine and ten depending on traffic, and we should be returning after lunch on Sunday, getting home around eight." Emma turns to me to check she got it all right, and I nod at her with a pleased smile on my face.

I stand and reach into my back pocket for a piece of folded A4 paper and give it to Kim. She opens it to see all the information they had just asked for and the Havenars next door, as well as Paps at the ranch.

Both Ron and Kim look happy with that, so I turn to Ron, "so how did your trip go? Did you get any joy from either of the companies?"

Ron's face changes to one of an excited child the night before Christmas. "Yes, it was very promising. I got the grand tour as well, and both factories are something else." He turns to Kim, "they are so far ahead of anywhere I've been before." He turns back, "anyway, I showed them a couple of examples of how we can help them simplify specific processes in data management."

"They treated you well and listened to what you had to offer then?"

"Oh yes, I'm interested to know how much it was because you are my daughter's boyfriend?"

"I didn't have anything to do with setting up the meetings, so I can't tell you. It's a bit late to ring Olivia, so we can't ask her either."

"So, are any of the factories owned by your part of the business?"

"My two factories are in San Bruno and San Mateo. I'm not sure which ones you visited. The family own four in total the other two are in the San Jose area."

"You own the Mateo site? Wow, that is an impressive factory."

"Thank you; unfortunately, I've not been there for a while. I have a plan to visit some of the sites during my summer vacation. I might even see if I can get to work in a couple to gain experience," I say.

"What like that undercover boss program?" Kim asks.

"Yes, I think I caught an episode when I was stuck at home," I answer. "Kim tells me that one of my managers is so impressed with you they offered you a job?"

"Mmmm, yes. I'm not sure, though. I already spend too much time away. I am looking to be home more."

"Kim and I had that conversation. Look, I do not know what was offered or by who, but I can get Olivia to look at it and give you a call about it."

"That would be much appreciated, Mac, but only if it's because of me. I would not feel right if they were only doing it because of you."

"I understand, Ron, and I will get Olivia to phone you with how she approached them tomorrow." I squeeze Emma's hand, "anyway if that's all you need to ask about tomorrow, I need to get going."

Both Kim and Ron nod and smile at me as I get up. Emma, as usual, shows me out, "Mac, did my dad only get the offer because of you?"

"I'm not sure how Olivia approached them, baby. I don't think so; everything is done on merit in the companies. I'll tell you what; tomorrow morning, I will ring Olivia and ask."

She seems happy with that and gives me the perfect kiss to end the day before heading home for the night.

******

Friday arrives unannounced. I have had a good rest and am ready for a busy weekend ahead. Waking a little early gives me a chance to think. The last two weeks have been crazy, and my relationship with Emma has gone from zero to sixty faster than the Lamborghini. This weekend away confirms the direction our relationship is destined to go. I feel more comfortable with that thought than I ever thought possible. I can't explain it other than it feels right.

I drag myself out of bed, get a quick shower, shave, and make my way downstairs. The house is quiet due to Paps being in West Virginia at the ranch. It occurs to me that I haven't heard much from him, and I wonder how negotiations are going. I flick the radio on in the kitchen to make some noise.

I remember that I have to call Olivia.

"Hi Mac, sorry. I'm taking my dad to a hospital appointment. Not good reception, call me........" She is fading in and out before it cuts out. I know she will call when she can.

I decided to fix myself a proper breakfast today. Egg, bacon, sausages, hash browns, and beans should keep me going until lunch.

As I sit down to eat, I hear a tap on the front door. "Oh, hi Donna, what can I do for you?"

"Mind if I come in?"

"Sure, coffee?" I move aside to let my neighbor in.

"Why not," she says as she gets to the kitchen. I indicated to Donna to sit down on one of the chairs and quickly set the coffee machine in motion.

"So, what do I owe the honor of your company this early in the day?" I ask as I set her mug with sugar and milk down in front of her. I sit back down and continue with my breakfast.

Donna pauses for a moment and pours some milk into her coffee. "Ummm, it's Mitch." She begins, "I really like the guy, but he's not so fast in coming forward."

"Donna, I have known Mitch since I got here. He was the first person who introduced me to playing music and is a great guy. When it comes to the ladies, he's always been on the shy side."

"Yeah, I get that, but.......do you think it's too soon after my break up?"

"Not sure; you liked Mitch before you had the bust-up with Mr. wonderful."

"Okay, I get that you don't like my ex, but there must be something you can say to help."

"Donna, what do you want? Is it that you feel guilty that you like someone else so soon after your break up, or are you looking for permission?"

"Both, I suppose. God, Emma was right; you are good at this."

I look at her with a frown as I finish chewing. "Donna, all I will say is that if you are serious about Mitch, then take your time to get to know him first and see where it goes. Don't put any expectations on it, and if it's right, it's right."

She sits there for a moment staring at her coffee, going through what I said. To me, it seemed apparent, and I know they will make a good couple."

We sit there in silence; I continue to demolish my breakfast, and Donna drinks her coffee in quiet contemplation. She quickly stands, "thanks, Mac, that's been more help than me talking to the girls all week."

"Maybe if you talk to the one person that this is all about, you might have got there quicker."