All Comments on 'Michael or Mac Ep. 10'

by Bamo68

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
Nasty56Nasty567 months ago

Well let’s call this one a synchronization of two stories…

tim0277tim02777 months ago

Wow. Keep it up please. What a story

BruceWoBruceWo7 months ago

The only thing better is to get Miles to bring Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce over. Miles and Taylor know each other from Hannah Montana movie

Then... a Taylor, Mac and Miley Christmas collaboration

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Brilliant, can't wait to find out what happens next. Like the way you've blended both stories together.

williedavewilliedave7 months ago

Oh WOW! Excellent.

I am always so excited to see a new release of one of your stories. I devour the story in one sitting, staying up as late at night as needed.

And then, begins the long wait for the next story.

LambchopCALambchopCA7 months ago

I had to tag you a star on this one - only four. It's a good story, and I'll definitely keep reading, but you've done what a lot of writers do when they get into this sort of extensive crossover - the areas in James and Isabel's story that you wrote in that chapter are treated very lightly in this one. While this is Mac's story and should be entirely told from Mac's state of mind, a lot of the common story is told flatly, recitation of facts (why revisit thoughts when I've already written them? forgetting that they were James' thoughts then) rather than Mac's feelings. There are also a couple of glitches, your usual names issue (in this case, an engineer in Adele's studio) and some incorrect words, but it's the dryness of the story that was the main issue here.

wdelanderwdelander7 months ago

I discovered this story over the weekend, and binge-read it. So yeah, I liked it!

You seem to be very conscientious about your writing, so I’m going to give you a few tips on “Americanisms.” I hope you don’t mind.

Bear in mind that the United States is a big country, so there may be exceptions to everything I say - but I think I can give you some “mainstream” feedback.

“Half seven.” We would not say this, and many Americans wouldn’t even know what it means. We’d say “half past seven” or “seven thirty.”

“Half seven for eight.” I had no idea what this meant, and had to look it up! We don’t have any shorthand like this. We would spell it out very specifically: “The concert is at 8, so we need to get at seven-thirty.”

“Fill your boots.” Another expression I have never heard, and Americans would not understand.

Several times you mentioned beans at breakfast. Not a thing in the US at all. Americans would find it very weird to see beans as part of a breakfast spread. And beans on toast? YUCK!

College! This is a big thing. I don’t know how things work in England, but in the US, teenagers attend “high school” and graduate at 18. After that they go on to a college or a university (and the two terms are often used interchangeably).

Several times you mention putting things in a “draw.” In the US we would always say “drawer.”

You also say things like “she was sat on the bed” or “he was stood in the doorway.” I have heard some people in the US say this, but it feel very awkward. We would say “she was sitting on the bed” or “he was standing in the doorway.”

I’m sure there are a few other things, but these are the recurring point I found a little jarring each time.

Great story - I can’t wait for the next installment, especially with the shocking events in this chapter.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Love the story from the very beginning. Can't wait for the next installment! Only one thing I would ask you to change. I know writers have a creative license but could you please use the name Charleston instead of Charlestown. Charleston is the correct spelling for the city. Thank you.

theOMCtheOMC6 months ago

I've not seen many stories as full. Wonderful job again.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I keep rereading your stories their that good.

No1holywoodNo1holywood3 months ago

This is a great story. I can't wait for the next installment. Please hurry up and finishe the next installment and the story. I want to find out what happens to Uncle Calvin

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

As onebof the characters said in an earlier chapter (Donna i tbink). We all need a bit of Mac in our lives. A good "feel good" story, that keeps us coming back fir more, ir even reading the whole thing multiple times. A few things that a good editor needs to correct, but thank you Bamo68 for your writing.

Newt0351Newt03512 months ago

Ok I need the next chapter please.

Great as always. Even having read the other chapters this is a necessary read. Otherwise why even bother reading Macs' story.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

really enjoying your work and the journeys you are taking us on.all caught up now with James and Isabel and Mac and Emma and like your increasing list of fans/followers looking forward to the next installment.If you continue to produce at the quality these have been written at the list of people enjoying your work and waiting for more will grow.5 stars all the way

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBamo68@Bamo68
Hello, and welcome to my Bio. I will try to keep you updated the best I can. I started on Literotica as a reader, but had Isabel the beauty next door in my mind. So I tried my hand at writing. Wow what a journey. I have learnt so much and as you can see not only has my spelli...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES