All Comments on 'MidLife in Crisis: Joyce's Awakening'

by Myhands316

Sort by:
  • 38 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
wow

absolutely incredible story !!!!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

I have only given you a 5 star rating because thats all they have ...a wonderful story that held my interest till the very end, and left me wanting more

God Bless and thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
happiness

I had tears rolling down my face at times, for the happiness she finally found.

Thankyou so much for a beautiful story

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Five Stars

I can say this is the best story that I have read, and the fisrt to ever leave a comment on. I was very moving and well put together. Thanks for sharing it with us and I'm glad you found happieness after all these years. Good luck in the future.

tallguy333tallguy333over 12 years ago
Thank you

5 stars. I always enjoy your stories. Keep on writing.

verbicideverbicideover 12 years ago
A very nice trilogy

Okay, that sounds a little weak as far as praise goes, but the trilogy IS nice, heartfelt and well-written. I am impressed that each chapter had its own "voice" and felt unique to the primary POV character. Thank you for sharing these tales and thanks in advance for sharing your creativity with further stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
thank you

thank you so much fo sharing your talent..pls pls KEEP WRITING..

LOVE AND KISSES, FROM PHILIPPINES

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

more please

TalonsreachTalonsreachover 12 years ago
Outstanding

A great trilogy! I look forward to more of you great work! I think I can speak for the rest of your fans in hoping that your projects are finished successfully and quickly so we can read more from you in the near, not distant, future.

BadGirlsLoverBadGirlsLoverover 12 years ago
Lovely

I loved the entire series...thank for sharing your talent!

GrrrreatImaginationGrrrreatImaginationabout 12 years ago
There are not enough...

adjectives to describe my reaction to this truly wonderful series. The love displayed was beautifully touching, the integrity of character was inspiring and the spirituality described was uplifting. If I knew where Amy's and Elsbeth's church was I would join it in a heartbeat.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
what a warm and sensative series.

I got confused trying to keep track of who was who, somewhat like my own extended family.....LOL

A very enjoyable and satisfying series of stories. If I have one minor criticism a name popped up near the end, Stella, who is she and where does she fit in? Now I'm going to have to read the rest of your works to see if they can measure up to such a high standard.

ladytsunade3ladytsunade3almost 12 years ago
I love this trillogy

You are a truly talented writer. I love how the sturcture of the narration bring out ther person's character and identity. I can literally picture the type of woman Joy was. Same said for the other works. Just absolutely brilliant. Was hoping Richard's scandals would go awry and just blow up! He doesn't deserve a happy life lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Encore! Encore!

You are a gifted writer. Thanks for sharing those gifts with us. Keep up the good work.

BahamaBahamaover 11 years ago
Awesome

Please write more

softlysoftlysoftlysoftlyover 11 years ago
i'm going to be picky...

I was a little confused by some grammatical errors, with one right at the beginning where the tense of the verb is wrong. Apart from that, the writing drew me in and left me panting...for more!

jon99tjon99tover 11 years ago
a good story

I just like to say I enjoyed reading it thank you

mrobgmrobgover 10 years ago
Excellent series!!!

This trilogy goes way beyond the bulk of the stories on Literotica. Stands out because of the humanity of the characters, the depth of their emotions and their willingness to risk it all in allowing their partners the time to sort through life. Superb! ps your wife makes a great editor!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Um, what?

You've woven an interesting web with these stories. I liked the other stories in the series better. Some of this felt rushed (Joy accepted her lesbianism that quickly and moved in with her lover in a week?). The typos were really annoying. And then there's this: "She gave me my first orgasm and then took me to my first climax." Dude - get an editor.

birdintreebirdintreeover 10 years ago

i love this story, really great work

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 10 years ago
Wunnerful!

First, to Anonymous, Stella was the protagonist of the first story.

Second, kudos for NOT taking the obvious tack of having Joy and Bernie get together. It seemed to be coming, and you threw a perfect curve ball!

FlpantherFlpantherover 10 years ago
Bravo!

Well done, I love happy endings!!

ToadattoadhallToadattoadhallalmost 10 years ago
A great series

I loved the three stories, though as you add there are some typos. I agree with one of the reviewers that the last feels rushed in places, but you tie up the loose ends well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
It's all been said

Having come only lately to this trilogy, just about everything has been said by previous readers. All that I can really say is these are three great stories---congratulations!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Thank you so much........

We need stories like this so much. I feel so sorry for people who can't understand that God's love is for everyone, especially those society rejects. It is hard enough to realize that you are different from your friends that you grew up with, went to school with, played sports with, etc., but to have your own family reject you because of who you fell in love with has to be the worst breach of trust possible. Where is the love in this kind of relationship? How can a thinking, feeling, normal person do this to a member of their own family? Can they even consider themselves to be human at that point? I can't. To all you gay people out there, I love you whether your families do or not. I hope you find peace, and especially love.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

I enjoyed all three chapters. They are one big happy family. It's a beautiful thing.

TSreaderTSreaderabout 7 years ago
Another wonderful love story!

So well crafted and put to words! Thank you!

BaileyCarsonBaileyCarsonover 5 years ago
What a wonderful story

You are an amazing writer. I was totally drawn into the characters you carefully and lovingly crafted. I am sorry I could only give you a five.

alexwatson62alexwatson62over 5 years ago
AS ALWAYS ........

a thoroughly enjoyable story ............ however......

the one thing I struggle to understand is why the women in your tales are often still religious!!!!

I mean its clear that part of their problem was their religious indoctrination as children, so when it didn`t gel with them as adults why continue to believe?

My late mother was a religious woman and dragged all six of us to Sunday School and Church as kids and teenagers, but as one by one we stopped going there was no condemnation from her.

The stupid thing was my mother, a very intelligent woman, saw first hand the sheer hypocrisy and sometimes borderline criminal activity within her own and other churches (NOT child abuse, rather fraud, adultery etc) yet still believed in God!!

When my wife died at 24 and left myself and my daughter then almost 3, I knew that there WAS NO God, I mean I knew before then, but that was the clincher.

So I am at a loss as to why any sane person would believe in any God in the first place, but especially those who`s entire lives have been shattered or at least badly damaged by being shunned by those who spend their whole lives banging on about forgivness!!!

By the way ........... genuinely apologise if I`ve pissed all over someones beliefs!!!

JPGmvnyJPGmvnyabout 5 years ago
Religion

Replying to AlexWatson62, I write as a long lapsed Catholic agnostic who is no expert on this.

I think that the gathering at Elsbeth's store-front church is the answer, i.e., welcoming all god's children and doing god's work. This is far from the rigidity of those who honestly believe that those on the wrong path will be denied entrance into Heaven. In this story, the rigidity is not reflected in a concern for the souls of Elsbeth and Joy and the rest but more in a view of the particular roles of men and women, with the hypocrisy of getting satisfaction for the "weakness of the flesh."

So while Elsbeth and Joyce could easily have gone the agnostic route, I can understand them embracing a different, kinder view of god.

I am troubled, though, that Joy does not seem to have done anything when she learned from Jeannette that Richard was not merely being serviced by secretaries but had forced those seeking his guidance to perform oral sex on him.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
the mechanics don't jive

Sure it's a great "he done me wrong and she's everything I ever wanted" romance for literotica.com, but Joyce doesn't strike me as someone that would relay the intimate details of her sex life to the public via a blog.

AngieLightHeart0AngieLightHeart0over 3 years ago

The comment below: Maybe Joyce wouldn't but Joy would lol. I've read all three Midlife In Crisis today and I absolutely enjoyed them. Loved the characters and it's been quite a journey. Thank you for sharing.

Nerdyqueen94Nerdyqueen94about 3 years ago

I am not a Christian but I will never judge ones faith unless it harms someone else. So I love when a person can love and care for the world with or through their faith. Great conclusion to a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I usually do not leave feedback (on anything), but this made me cry several times. Male reader

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I enjoyed these 3 stories! A few errors as we were warned but they took nothing away from your character development abs story line. 5 starts abs now added to my favorites. Hope to read lots more from you!

Roti8211Chanai643Roti8211Chanai6438 months ago

Great conclusion!

Tied up.the story nicely!

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I will start with the comment I made after Amy's Story: "those who preach the loudest are often the farthest from God's will." Joyce/Joy's story only emphasizes that truth which was amplified when she went to the "church" that Elspeth and Amy attended and found the true Christianity of "love thy neighbor as you would love thyself" and that the living Christ is found in the human heart communing each with the other, not in authoritarian dogma and condescending self-righteous misogyny. You brought everyone's story together in a lovely way, punctuated by 'Detective' Bryan stepping in to save Melody from her loveless life of servitude to her controlling husband.

Great stuff and all handled with a tasteful sensitivity. Thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMyhands316@Myhands316
1188 Followers
The most recent update! Hi, and thank you for taking time to read this. Hello, I have received questions from a few readers asking why I haven't posted anything new. I haven't stopped writing, but I have stopped posting on this site due to an unresolved issue. Some idiot flag...

story TAGS