Midnight Ep. 010: rEfLECTION

Story Info
Mirror Mirror! What you see is what you get.
8k words
4.74
2.8k
00
Story does not have any tags

Part 10 of the 32 part series

Updated 09/14/2022
Created 08/11/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SZENSEI
SZENSEI
1,875 Followers

(This series is a collaboration with my good friend Sanchez. His ideas, I ran with it. We will see how it evolves. He has a sound concept, and characters, I'm primarily piecing it all together and seeing how it plays out. We hope you enjoy our efforts.)

____________________________________________________

MIDNIGHT Episode 010: rEfLECTION

____________________________________________________

6:30 AM

Irene Amador made breakfast for she and her daughter Midnight. Being low on provisions their meal consisted of one egg each and dry toast, no butter or jam. Simple but better than nothing. A glass of ice water to quench their thirst. With Midnight bathing in a sink to conserve water she shaved her private parts yet again, trying her best to maintain a worthy appearance for the Man in Black.

Even her armpits were silky smooth, this being her decision not those of her Man in Black, Nick Sanchez. He might not even notice her effort. Shampooing her hair was tough in a small bathroom basin. To prevent overuse her father Esteban had come home while she was at work yesterday and had removed the faucets and spout from the tub. Irene said nothing after he did what he did the night prior. It was better to just let him do what he needed to do.

Having to hide things like shampoo and soap was becoming tiresome. Razors being a luxury, now that Midnight had some, she did not want him to take her hygiene away from her. It was important to make a good impression on Nick, everyone for that matter. With her clothing running dangerously low, no more panties, bras, or socks, this now left the two pairs of jeans, a pair of shorts, pajamas, and three t-shirts to her name. Well, a Sunday dress for Church but they rarely went these days even though her uncle was the Pastor. She was fine removing more of her clothing each day until gone but explaining things to her mother who did the laundry was going to arouse suspicion. Sooner than she thought. Her Mother had already sewn buttons back on to her only uniform.

"Breakfast daughter." Irene knocked on the bathroom door. "Come eat, then I'll help in washing your hair for you."

"Thank you, mother." She dried her freshly shaved pubic area and ran her fingers over it. Smiling at a job well done in getting the hard to get to spots around her hood and labia she vowed to keep up with her grooming. Cleaning up her mess before her mother saw it was a must. Irene however was aware of changes in her daughter's routine but would begin wondering why and question it. Putting her pajamas back on she looked at her reflection in the mirror above the sink.

"I will be yours."

Faith was trying hard against a nasty self-esteem. She did not feel worthy of Nick Sanchez, but her desires to impress him kept her going. The butterfly note waiting on her at work would inspire her further.

Leaving the bathroom, she hurried to the dinner table where her mother sat. Looking weary from lack of sleep Irene reached for her daughter's hand and together they said a prayer before their two-minute meal. While not much sustenance it certainly held the weight in check.

"Our supplies run low." Irene frowns as she finds herself sliding her own plate toward her daughter. "I will eat my toast. You may have my egg."

"No Mother. I will find scraps at work when I get there. I will bring you a sandwich when I come home."

"BLT?"

"If I can. Turkey or ham if not."

"Bless you, my baby." Irene did eat her egg. "Your father is losing his mind."

"It is the alcohol."

"We need everything. I have no laundry soap. Not that it matters, Esteban unhooked the washer as well."

"Why does he torture you so?"

"Us Midnight. He tortures us. You may not speak up, but his actions must be hurting you deeply."

"I am... getting used to having nothing. I will buy bread and eggs with my tips today. Olan will let me buy some from the diner. Yes, BLT's do sound delicious, I will buy tomato's, bacon, and lettuce as well."

"You have your own needs, daughter. I will survive as I always have."

"Do not be silly. We are in this together. Forever!" Midnight reaches over to take her mother's hands.

"You will find a nice boy someday soon. If you have not already." Irene winks at her.

"I do not want a boy."

"A man then."

"What if it were a woman?" Midnight spoke without expression.

"It would not change a thing. Of course, your father would object no matter what you did."

"Aunt Tilly spoke to you, didn't she?"

"She did call to warn me that she and Sheldon might be going on vacation."

"I am surprised father has not removed our phone. It too costs money."

"It is only to be used when necessary. Tilly called me."

"Did you tell her what father did?"

"The burning of your things? Yes. His...touching you...no."

"Perhaps it would not be wise to tell her of that."

"She tells me that a gentleman appears interested in you."

Midnight blushes a bit offering a sheepish glare, "Yes, there is a man. He... is..." She discovered that she really didn't know how to describe his persona, "...He is!"

"The one?"

"That is for him to decide."

"You have no say?"

"I do not want a say mother." This made Irene crease her brow with concern.

"You have changed yet remain much the same."

"I must finish, or I will be late for work. Help me with my hair?"

"You know I love washing your beautiful raven locks." Irene smiled brightly.

"A fond memory since I was a child."

Leaving the table Midnight removes her pajama top and uses the water already in the sink to wet her long gorgeous hair. Moving behind her Irene trickles shampoo over her scalp and begins lathering her up, fingers digging deep into her thick mane to get it clean. After a lengthy cleanse Irene uses a plastic glass to pour water over her daughter's hair repeatedly until rinsed as good as it could be using the same water. Wringing her wet locks out herself, Midnight dried her hair with the only clean towel left. With her arms up Irene noticed her daughter's shaved armpits and fidgeted. Saying nothing to her Midnight sighed, "Yes I shaved. I was tired of being hairy."

"It is your life, Midnight."

"Is it?" She replied with a frown, "Sometimes I do not want my life. No, I am not suicidal."

"This is good to hear. Life is precious. You are precious. You are my life's breath. Without you I... No, I am not suicidal either."

"We exist."

"Yes. I would like to meet this man that likes you."

"That is up to him. I will not invite him here for obvious reasons."

"Lunch with Tilly before they leave? I believe they are going to Colorado."

"You will not approve of him."

"Why is that?"

"He is..."

"You mentioned that. Finish your sentence daughter."

"He is...quite busy. He just bought Harbinger Shoals. Tilly did not tell you?"

"She did. He must be quite wealthy. Almost a two million dollar purchase she said. At least I know you would be well taken care of."

"I am not after money."

"I am certain he would thank you for that. Now he, Esteban, might approve of him if it meant money in his pocket."

"I would rather father not find out and make a scene."

"I will say nothing."

"Good!" As she continued drying her hair Irene winced at her, before Midnight could even react, she found the front waistband of her pajama bottoms pulled out. Peering down at her daughter's lower regions Irene puckers.

"He must be very special indeed."

"MOTHER!"

********

Harbinger Shoals...9:00 AM...

Alone and drinking his morning coffee from a thermos, Nick Sanchez sat on his borrowed 4Runner's tailgate trying to motivate. With the main road going by his newly purchased property a short distance away from the dirt road leading back, a number of cars drove by curious of his loitering. One such vehicle was the local Sheriff in a less than new squad car. Such a small area as the town of Caretaker there wasn't much money in any budget to get any updated equipment. Thus, rust and dust to keep it together.

Passing him at first the officer slowed and did a U-turn in the road. He could get away with that while others could not. The U-turn was more a V-turn having to back up or drop off into a ditch. Returning to pull up alongside the road facing Nick he rolled down his window with a curious look.

"You lost?" The officer looked at Nick at an angle due to his seating. Hopping from his tailgate Nick took his coffee cup and ventured toward the officer stretching as he walked.

"Morning!" Nick presented himself, "Found where I was going easy enough. I just bought Harbinger Shoals two days back."

"No shit! Good luck to you." He chuckled, "Place should have been torn down a decade ago. Hell, probably three decades ago."

"Still time." Nick smirked, "It's got character I'll give it that. Nick Sanchez!" He extended a hand of friendship.

"Howdy Nick! I'm Sheriff Dolan Roster. Elders call me Duty. You can imagine why."

"Pleasure to meet you, Sheriff."

"Just admiring the weeds?"

"For now. I got the word out to find me some groundskeepers for a week or so to clean up this jungle. Locals that aren't currently employed."

"Nice of you, Nick. Economy around here is sluggish at best. Anything that puts food on the table I'm all for."

"Figured I'd help those I can."

"Had a thought here. Friendly gesture on my part if you don't mind?" He reaches to his shoulder mic and makes a call. "You out there Gertrude?" Nick winces at the Sheriff as an elderly woman by the sound of it replied.

"I'm here! What do ya want, I'm soakin' my calluses."

Dolan shakes his head and smirks at Nick releasing his mic trigger to tell him, "Don't mind her she's 85 in the shade. Been with Caretaker PD since my Daddy was a baby. I'm 45." He then returned his focus on Gertrude.

"Gert? Make a call to Sheldon Cooper and have him round up our troubled youth. Bus those young'uns out to Harbinger Shoals with some weedwhackers. They can work off some of their probations." Nick frowned at the idea of young people but bit his tongue. He knew the Sheriff was trying to be neighborly. "I figure you already know Sheldon."

"I do."

"Sheldon tell you he runs the youth center too?"

"He did not." Nick found that part interesting considering how out of shape Sheldon was.

"Sheldon's momma started the center before she passed about eight years ago. He kept it going in her memory. I figure he's got time before he and Tilly go on vacation. Rockies I hear. That will be good for his blood pressure." Dolan chuckled.

"Thanks for the help. I'll let Sheldon deal with that bunch. I'm not much for kids."

"Wish I could say the same. My daughter Alexis will be one of those weed killers. Far as the assist, no problem! Welcome to Caretaker I hope you stay awhile."

"Safe bet!"

As Nick stands outside the car door, they hear the loud revving of another oncoming car. Speeding past them on the side, Nick has to hug the patrol car to avoid the sedan. Spilling his coffee on his black shirt made Nick scowl.

"He never learns." Dolan sighs then reaches for his mic, "Wake up Billy and put your girly mag in the glove box. Esteban Amador is headin' your way doin' at least 75. Pull him over and see if he can walk a white line."

"On it, Sheriff!" Billy chuckles. "Can he do that sober?"

"Probably not!" Dolan releases his trigger, "Guy never knows when to straighten up."

"Amador? As in Midnight?"

"You know Midnight?" Dolan smirks, "Course you do, dealing with Sheldon and his wife Matilda."

"She's been my waitress the last few days. I don't cook much unless I have someone to cook for, so I eat at the diner."

"Cute kid Midnight! Awkward as all get out but she sure has blossomed this past year if y'all know what I mean."

"That I do." Nick puckers.

"Ole' Esteban is her daddy. Biggest asshole in Caretaker. Unless someone pisses me off, then it's my claim to fame." He sits with a smug look. "You look fit Sanchez. Been looking for a new Deputy, any interest?"

"Odd thing to ask a perfect stranger. What if I had a criminal record?"

"Do ya?"

"Not in the states." He grinned, "Few South American countries maybe."

"Dunno why I asked really. You just seem... authoritative is all."

"Can be. Military background you're seeing."

"I have a good eye Sanchez."

"Question... does that eye look the other way on occasion?"

"Crooked you askin'?"

"I wouldn't suggest crooked... more blind to your surroundings."

"I reckon if the reasoning is good enough. I do let ole' Esteban off the hook more than I should. He's Irene's bread and butter. She's a good woman, Midnight's momma. Her and my wife Trudy grew up together on the Rez. I lost my Trudy a few years back, partly why I struggle with Ali. What exactly am I overlooking?"

"You'll know when it happens."

"Looking' forward to it. Ever need anything stop by the department. Can't miss it! Just yell at Gertrude she keeps her hearing aid turned down."

"I'll keep that in mind."

"Ah! There's Sheldon now."

A cellphone rings to the tune of John Cougar Mellencamp's Pink Houses. "Don't mind the ringtone I'm an 80's brat." He answers his cell, "Morning Sunshine! Sorry to bother you so early. I'm sitting out here chattin' with Nick Sanchez about his property. Call around and get our six younguns on probation out of bed and borrow the party bus to bring them out to Harbinger. You got the keys to the utility barn round up some weed eaters and tell their parents they been hired and inspired. Yes, this morning! Ya'll can't tell me you and Matilda are packed already you slacker. By 11:30!" Even Nick heard Sheldon groan. Hanging up on him Dolan chuckles, "My good deed of the day Sanchez. If you need them tomorrow too, let Sheldon know."

"If they can just clear the way to the bridge for vehicles to get closer, I'll be happy. Not sure I want kids on the other side for their own safety."

"Half of them have likely been over there in the last month getting laid."

"Regardless, I'd rather they learn that option is over with now that I own the place."

"Your call Boss. Think over that Deputy job, you might fit right in."

"Know I would, but I'm good."

"What is it you do Nick?"

"Pilot! Soldier! Diver! You name it."

"Must have done well for yourself. As run down as Harbinger is I'm sure it cost you a pretty penny."

"Blind eye." Nick winks.

"Something' in your eye at least. That's my cue to turn around now ain't it?"

"Are you sure your car has the energy to?" Nick sizes up his ride.

"Ole' Blossom's tougher than she looks."

"So is Midnight."

"Excuse me?" Dolan grins, "That what this blind eye thing is about?"

Patting the roof of the squad car Nick sighs, "Better body than this cruiser." He left it at that. Hurling the remainder of his now cold coffee on to the asphalt Nick started back for his 4Runner. Sheriff Dolan Roster shaking his head thought about it a bit longer then huffed.

"I did say she blossomed up." He was smarter than the average bear. Turning around Dolan honked once then left Harbinger behind.

********

Midnight Amador's feet hurt. While used to walking the distance between the bus stop and the diner it did get tiresome. Reaching the diner by 8:10 AM she had time to herself before the others arrived. Looking around first she stepped over to the treasure trunk belonging to Nick Sanchez and removed the key from her neck. Unlocking it she opened the lid with a creak and found his note about the butterfly. Reading it her heart fluttered, the spirit of the Monarch within her chest.

"I am... under his wing."

She grew emotional then fought it back. Strength indeed! With her daily gift being his note, she traded it for clothing in her bag. Today she was forever giving up her pajamas. A step at a time she thought. Saying goodbye to her jammies she sealed the trunk and locked it back up. In her kneeling Midnight's skirt ripped slightly in the back hem under the pressure of her squat. Not only that but her buttons though freshly sewn on by her mother strained at her large breasts pushing outwardly against the cloth. They held! However, uncomfortable in their confinement she stood up and unbuttoned three buttons, her cleavage brightly exposed to her within her reflection in the diner's front glass. Modelling her profiles from side to side she smiled at herself.

"I wish to be worthy. At least today."

While admiring herself a car pulled up behind her then parked almost next to where she stood. Shrinking slightly, she turned to face her employer Olan Kerrick and greeted him with a shy bashful expression. Shutting his car off the large man left his seat locking up behind him.

"That's what I like about you Midnight." She lowered her gaze to her supple breasts peeking out through their prison uniform.

"Not those!" He frowned, "The fact you're always here early." Regardless he did not tell her to button up. "Come on let's get this day started." Following Olan to the front door he unlocked it and held the door for her. Normally she would thank him and enter but since meeting Nick Sanchez something within her held back. Seeing her hesitation, he shrugged and went on in, she then proceeding behind him. From there they parted ways, Olan going to his office, Midnight brewing coffee and filling the ice bins.

By 8:40 in rolled her fellow waitresses Lynette Brewster and Caprice Comstock both yawning from lack of sleep. Caprice brushing up against Midnight offered, "Morning sweetheart! Looks like Big Daddy didn't sink his boat and made it back."

"Yesterday!" Midnight replied. Pondering a moment while staring at Caprice, she found herself nervous, "May I ask you something?"

"Sure!"

"Is... was...he good?"

"Nick?" Caprice grinned, "Different but... fuck yes he was. OH MY GOD! I've never felt so...turned on by every single thing he did to me." Midnight's eyes flared wide at her raving over Nick.

"Are you going to date him?"

"Sweetie? Nick's not the dating type. He just takes what he wants, when he wants it." As if Caprice knew him inside out. "Look what he had us do the other day. I still get wet thinking about what you and I did in that booth with those men." Pausing to fidget Caprice realized something, "We never talked about that. What made you... I mean you've always been so shy. What made you do what you did?"

"I had to."

"Had to?"

"Yes! I had to prove I could."

"Well, you certainly did that Miss Whip Cream sundae." Caprice hugged her from the side. "I'm glad you're stepping out of your shell. Good for you."

"Good for us." Midnight stared without blinking.

"You like Nick, don't you?"

"I like...being noticed by him."

"I say live life to the fullest. No regrets!"

"I have no life."

"Might change on you Sweetie! Who knows?"

"He does."

Reflecting on her answer Caprice nods, "I'm still trying to figure him out, but I get the concept. I like my men strong and bossy. What about you?"

She had no real answer as she notices a car go flying by on the main road. "There goes my father." Caprice barely caught a glimpse of Esteban Amador's sedan but knew he was hauling ass. "He is...bossy." Offering a strange expression Caprice heard Midnight but wasn't certain how to take it.

As the chef arrived and waved at the ladies he passed by Lynette on her cell. Overhearing her griping at her son to get dressed and meet Sheldon to go pull weeds, Sheldon Horatio Cooper having called her while in Olan's office.

"Perfect timing Ronnie with you kicked out of school. Now I don't need a babysitter." He was eighteen but hardly grown up. Not wanting to bring him to work two days in a row she ordered him to stay home and out of trouble. Being on probation for vandalism toward the school he attended, the fresh air would do him good. Taking time served off of his probation couldn't hurt. "So, get your ass dressed and don't you dare miss that Youth Bus. I mean it! Next time, I'll just tell Dolan to put you behind bars."

SZENSEI
SZENSEI
1,875 Followers