Midnight Ep. 052: RESTitution

Story Info
Money talks! Now give it back.
7.6k words
5
952
1
0
Story does not have any tags

Part 52 of the 52 part series

Updated 03/09/2024
Created 08/11/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SZENSEI
SZENSEI
1,874 Followers

Ground zero!

"What is Esteban Amador's car doing alongside the road again?" Nick Sanchez asked himself with pause as Crimson Merrick cruised by the abandoned vehicle. "Half mile up turn right into a path between trees."

"You have Jasmine hostage?"

"She has my borrowed home hostage. Cyber found me... I'm guessing by random accident." He showed her video of the girl in a fit of panic, pacing his dining room. "Your dad's henchmen has her cornered. As soon as you turn in, I'll get out. I need you to seek safety until I call you."

"You don't have my number."

"I have better. I have a Shadow."

"Oh, right! I can probably stop the REZsistence. Calvin Heavy-Feather is in charge, he and I went to school together, with Lillian too."

"I don't need you hurt. Do what I tell you until I call. Cyber is safe as long as she remains indoors. I'll deal with the bikers."

"Opie's on her way Major." Dyson spoke out over the Jag's radio, patched through by his Bluetooth. "ETA almost there. She's coming in from the beach, next property over."

"Copy that!"

"Stick with me Crimson." Dyson prompted! "I have your back Sweetheart."

"How? From there, wherever you are."

"Don't miss my turn." Nick barked, Crimson braking too fast forced him to hold the dashboard. "Not throw me through the windshield."

"Wear your seatbelt then."

She whipped into the path and braked once more. Hopping out Nick strictly pointed at her to listen. Backing out onto the main road Dyson told her to look up. Pausing right in the middle of the main road, no traffic coming Crimson shot a glance upward and spotted two drones zipping by her. "Eye spy something red and beautiful. Clue; it's not the Jag."

"Are you flirting with me? I'm not wearing red."

"I meant the dress Opie gave you. It's in the backseat under your purse."

"Oh! Okay! Where do I go?"

"Back up until you see the next dirt path. Pull into that property. Black Box is parked there, I'll open the door. You're safer inside there in case bullets start flying. That van is impregnable this side of a rocket launcher."

"Got it." She looked over her shoulder and hit the gas, speeding backwards until she met eyes with the driveway. Turning in she followed it back to another beach house. "Doesn't anyone live in these houses?"

"The Abernathy's own this one. They won't be here for another week. Vacation home, they're from Minnesota. It's a good thing Cyber chose Nick's house instead. She would have been a shitting duck."

"There's Opal's ride. Nick should have let me go with him. The club might listen to me out of fear of my dad."

"Your dad is on the way here. He and the elders got a call from your friend Calvin. Well, Nodin did, the others are flying as blind as Newton Waterfall."

"He's going to use me to draw out Cyber. Ugggh! Why did I think my dad was being... human?"

"I'm pretty sure he cares Crimson, he's just greedy and Santee proud. Let the Major work his magic. Trust him, he's not going to hurt Cyber."

"Is he going to be any better than my dad? He wants to use her."

"Only to get his money back. Believe me if I could have hacked her codes to locate her bank account, I would have done it myself. Your girl has talent. Instead, Nick ordered me to shut her down and sent Opie to bring her to him. Once he has things lined out, she's her own agent. Nick might even offer her a job like he did me a few years back. He got me out of some pretty hot water down in Colombia. Saved my skin and has me living in the lap of luxury now in my own world."

"That's cool. I want to trust Nick, especially after offering me college tuition. I think I'd be heartbroken if that was a bluff."

"His word means something. Just have some faith." The side door to Black Box activated on its own thanks to Dyson. There could be nothing Crimson could touch once inside and she would not be able to get out until Opal or Dyson released her. The girl had a strong hunch that might be the case. Hesitant to get inside she stopped just before climbing that first foot up in the door. Without warning Crimson Merrick turned and bolted for the tree line between properties. She knew the drones Dyson was utilizing could not get to her in there. She just could not let Jasmine Riviera face Nick without her. Same for the REZsistence. They all needed her to be a mediator. Worth a shot anyway, if she didn't get shot. Crimson knew the risk.

********

Whistling along his journey with both hands in his pockets Nick Sanchez casually made his appearance known. The bikers distracted at first were trying to decide their best move, like smoking her out through the fireplace. With no neighbors to be calling the Caretaker PD they felt pretty safe outside of the cameras. Not knowing who owned this place, none having seen Nick drive the 4Runner which was in the garage to begin with, they were clueless. At the last possible second one of the REZsistence, Trenton Fuzzy Pup heard Nick coming up the drive and alerted his crew. Calvin Heavy-Feather put up his hands toward Nick in hopes to keep peace.

"Why are you here?"

"I live here. Word of advice... pissing me off is one thing, destroying the property of the real owner is a death sentence. He has a shorter fuse than I do. Honestly, no fuse. There's been days he shoots people just for kicks. Me, I at least offer opportunities before I take the enemy down. I presume you intend to be the enemy by trespassing on my cohorts' property. Those cameras might be alerting him already, it depends on where he is in this big ole' world. Could be Venezuela, could be Iran for all I know. But I can guarantee one thing, his people, just like my people are well aware you're knocking on the door a bit too roughly."

"No alarms going off." Sid Running Creek noted with a hint of cockiness in his tone.

"Only a dog can hear the alarm. There won't be any cops but again, I don't need Roster and his team. A few of you already know I'm capable of taking you out with my bare hands. From what I hear your weapons were a little waterlogged over at Dr. Ferrec's pool. So, that just leaves knives, clubs, and fists. All of which I'm prepared to deal with."

"You have balls, I'll give you that." Ethan Squirrel in Tree sneered. "No back up you're... "

"Enough!" Calvin stood up to his brother's crew. "Merrick said not to agitate the man. To leave he and Bearpaw be." Nick stopped and put his hands behind his back military stance. No fear coming from the man in black whatsoever was intimidating many of them, but of course that strength in numbers thing was always a boon to peace talks. A few had vengeances on their minds. "Let's go."

"Let's not. Stop being a pussy, Heavy-Feather." Virgil Halfcock stared Oliver's brother down.

"He's no pussy. He's the only real soldier here." Nick kept vigil. "Well, save for me... and her." The mention of her the REZsistence turned around at the sound of feminine humming. After their first run in the group jumped a bit in step as Opal Savage walked up from the beach in her boy shorts and crop top. Oh, and her twin silencers she casually used to scratch her cheek.

"Bigger swimming pool behind me gents. Who wants to go for another dip?"

"She works for you?" Virgil asked Nick.

"She does."

"So, you're after the girl inside too." Calvin asked, hands up to remain peaceful.

"I am. She is under my protection."

"Elders are here." Dyson informed Opal over her earpiece. Drones whipping up over the trees became unnerving to the bikers. Opal in turn nodding up the drive. "Opie? Crimson is in the trees, she disobeyed getting into Black Box."

"Of course, she did."

"Those drones are armed as well." Nick pointed out, "So, let's just relax and chat with the Elders."

"Why are they here?"

"Merrick wouldn't... his daughter." Ethan sighed spotting Crimson stepping out with her cell in hand. Calvin slowly walked toward Crimson, one drone following his every move. Stopping ten feet from Crimson, Calvin spoke up.

"You called your dad?"

"He and the Elders were out at Harbinger Shoals. He was on his way this direction anyway. I figured with Newton with him we could resolve this quietly. The girl inside Nick's house is a friend of mine. Regardless of what my father expects here, I won't let you harm her or hold her captive."

"I'm fine with that. You know I'm on your side Crimson."

"I know Calvin. But the others are up daddy's ass and we both know it. I mean you are too, but you at least know right from wrong." Nodin Merrick's car pulling up the drive the bikers stood down. Glances toward Opal's body, a number of them had to drool. She rolled her eyes at their interest. Nick maintained his posture of scrutiny even with the Elders arriving. Like a rock!

Calvin walked with Crimson over to her father's car, the Elder's getting out to participate in the foray. Newton Waterfall felt very alone in the moment, as if he had been kept in the dark. Being blind that darkness was always near, this however seemed darker than normal. Instead of approaching her father Crimson chose instead to help Newton, Nodin noticing her concern.

"The girl is inside the beach house." Calvin admitted quietly to Nodin. "This will get ugly if we push." Bobby and Cordell of the Elders admired the twin drones hovering and realized that there was much more to this man Sanchez than even they knew. The super-hot black woman posing like a diva only added to their fascination.

"What am I missing?" Newton questioned Crimson.

"My friend Jasmine is in Nick's home. This is where he lives, I guess. My dad... will never forgive me... but he sent the REZsistance to apprehend Jasmine. She's a computer hacker, Mister Waterfall. Not a bad person just... greedy maybe. I like her Sir."

"I can sense this. Where is Nicky?"

"Follow me." She held his arm and brought Newton right up alongside Nick. Hearing the mumbles of the bikers Newton frowned and stomped his cane.

"GO HOME! I've had enough of this biker bullshit. Two days in a row now... go wax your bikes or something and stay out of my hair." The group swallowed dryly, looking to Nodin for advice. A motion to vacate, the REZsistance mounted their bikes and took a few minutes to ease out of the property and move on. "Do you ever take a day off Nicky? Go fishing or something?"

"No time. Once things settle, we should go."

"I know one heck of a catfish hole."

"I'm up for that."

"So, fill me in. First the Shoals extravaganza with my granddaughter, now some new girl?"

"She owes me money. Shadow? Unlock my doors. Crimson? Go inside and calm your girlfriend."

"Who is Shadow?" A drone lowered in front of Newton and a tiny speaker offered up. "Evening Mister Waterfall. I'm Shadow, I keep watch over things when the Major is busy."

"Am I talking to a drone?" He heard the tiny propellors.

"It's all the buzz." Nick chuckled! "Let Crimson in Shadow." A click of locks on the front door Crimson ran for it and entered. "Care to step inside? I think I have a few cold beers still in the fridge."

"Now that I can handle." Newton grinned!

"Nodin?" Nick turned! "This concerns you. Join me indoors."

Calvin Heavy-Feather got into Crimson's old car and left at Nodin's instruction, taking Bobby and Cordell with him. Now that things were quiet Opal yawned and happened to note a hammock between two trees along Jericho's property. Cool breeze off the ocean she adopted it and took a nap. Guns on safety but still her teddy bears.

Entering the beach house Nick showed Newton and Nodin to the dining table. "Pull up a seat." He went for the beers and brought them back, offering Nodin a third of his last four bottles. They could hear Crimson and Jasmine in the bedroom as Crimson attempted to fill her friend in and calm her down. Seating himself at the head of the table Nick proposed a toast. "Peace talks Gentleman. There is no reason for war."

"Here! Here!" Newton lifted his bottle.

"I only wished to find this girl for my daughter's sake." Nodin tried; Nick grimaced.

"We both... we all know there's more to that Merrick. You dug into my past when you felt threatened by me. Cyber in there stepped on my toes and could have gotten herself assassinated. My past covers some pretty dark regions. I will not indulge because that could come back to haunt both of you. Let's just say some things are better left buried."

"Like that body at the Shoals?" Nodin hissed. "Any thoughts on that?"

"That's on FBI and CSI to discover. I'm not hiding what we've uncovered by accident. The law will be followed."

"The crypt could have been there for hundreds of years Nodin. The body could date back to our ancestors even. This is none of our business. Nor is Nicky's past, or this girl... Cyber you say."

"Hi." Crimson dared to drag Jasmine out of the bedroom. "This is Jasmine. Jasmine, my father and our tribal elder Newton Waterfall."

"Sup, Chief?" Cyber swallowed nervously. "Shit! That sounded racist. Sorry!"

"Crimson?" Nick demanded her attention. "There's a laptop on the closet shelf in the main bedroom. Can you bring it to the table here?"

"Sure!"

"Seat with your name on it." Nick motioned to the fourth vacant chair. "You can relax, none of us are here to harm you."

"No offense, but I can't believe that. I saw things I shouldn't have."

"Not enough to get you killed. I need you to listen to me Cybercock. My people scrubbed everything that you saw that could have jeopardized you. That's why Shadow corrupted your equipment. I can rebuild you, but no more thievery. Give me back my money as a peace offering. That does not belong to you."

"Shit! Fine! I can do that. I'm confused though, why are they here?" The Elder's! "I mean Crimson's dad, I get, but... "

"The blind man savoring his beer?" Newton sat up straight. "Because I am the law on my reservation. Nodin here will not harm you any further... will you, NODIN?"

"Agreed! Sanchez? I apologize for... "

"No need! How much does Samuel Bearpaw owe you?"

"Eighty-one thousand." Crimson entered with the laptop and passed it to Nick. "I keep the books for daddy." Nodin grumbled over her admission but let it simmer.

"Cyber?" Nick slid the laptop over to the blonde. "I know you can do what needs to be done just from that laptop. Access your hidden accounts and transfer my money back to me. Start there. You have three minutes."

"Or what?" She bulged her eyes.

"Or, I have that mean ole' black woman drag you down to the water and give you a bath."

"I thought I didn't need to fear you."

"It's not me you need to fear. Besides, you need a bath." Even Crimson could smell the girl's pits. "Two minutes forty-seven seconds."

"I need your account number."

"It hasn't been changed. I merely locked it up better. You have it memorized. To the penny or Opal cleans your ass with seashells." Crimson had to hide her grin from her friend.

"Fuck!" Opening the laptop Cyber was in within thirty seconds. High speed net thanks to Dyson, well, Marcus Jericho the homeowner. In under a minute, she was into her account in the Cayman's and had transferred his millions back into his account. "Done!"

"Shadow?" Nick looked up at his cameras.

"All there, Nick." A voice admitted via speaker.

"Good! Now... " He patted the table, "Move $100,000 from the money you just entered into my account over to Nodin here. Merrick? Samuel Bearpaw owes you nothing. You will NOT extend him a dime from this day forward."

"Done!" Cyber was just that fast.

"You knew my account numbers?" Nodin bulged his eyes. Cyber shrugged with a cringe. "Never go near my accounts again."

"I swear to you, I won't."

"He means it bitch." Crimson pointed with a playful sneer. "If you do, I'll never make out with you again."

"You... still like me?"

"Duh! Now finish up so we can get out of here."

"Next step!" Nick again patted the table. "Extend $500,000 to the Council of Elders on the Santee reservation to build the new Historical Society to be ran by Lillian Bearpaw."

"Historical Society?" Nodin seemed shocked.

"I was going to propose the idea tomorrow, Nodin." Newton spoke up, "My granddaughter wishes to move home and work on the REZ."

"My home!" Nick corrected him. "She resides with me from here on."

"Between you two." Newton waved it off.

"Done! I just needed an extra minute to snoop the Civic Center accounting department. Anything else? This is kind of fun."

"$300,000 into Crimson's college fun. Her own checking is fine. You will NOT touch that money unless it is to pay for schooling. Shadow will monitor that."

"I won't! Thank you, Nick."

"$500,000 to both the Caretaker Police Department and the REZ for new squad cars and hiring of new officers." Nick appointed then looked out his windows with a grin. He had an inspiration.

"Done!" Cyber was on a roll and giggling. "Can I buy a case of cat food?"

"Cat food?"

"Yeah, that boat... the old guy that I stole his car from had a cute kitty cat. Can I have the car towed and fixed for him. I owe him that much. A cat was towed onto that property with me, I happened to be hiding in the boat when it was moved."

"Esteban." Nick sighed! "On terms you drive his car back to him and apologize."

"New car?"

"I'm not that generous. Just a hose."

"Awesome!"

"The owner of that Jaguar you stole. Pay him double it's worth and cover your tracks. It belonged to a very bad person." Shadow concurred advising Jasmine how to omit any tracking of her source here at the beach house IP.

"How much is it worth?" She asked, not really knowing.

"This particular Jag is a 2019 XJR575 listed at $310,103." Dyson chimed in with a tally. "Whether you wiped the VIN number or not, the make and model will be noticeable should the wrong eyes spot it."

"Apology notes to the owner?" Cyber winced with regret.

"Double the amount like I said and send a message saying Uncle Kthulu begs forgiveness." Nick spelled out Kthulu. "The owner will accept and bow."

"Done! Anything else?"

"Send Doctor Ferrec a dozen red roses for taking good care of Crimson."

"Done! Need a receipt?"

"You know I don't. That's all for now, but you are hired."

"Hired?"

"You work for and with me. Right alongside Shadow. I have one more thing I need you to do then you and Crimson can go get reacquainted." Nodin Merrick seemed agitated. "See your mean ole' stalker out there in that hammock?"

"Mrs. T?" Jasmine chuckled then mumbled her apology.

"You and Crimson go out there and roll her out onto the ground. Tickle her ass and tell her to go back to bed, I'll be in touch."

"She has guns, she might shoot us."

"Two of you, two silencers. Risk you take. Go on! Do that and go play."

Crimson looked in awe then chose a smart tactic beforehand. Swooping in on her father she hugged him tightly. "I love you daddy. Be proud of me, please." The sudden emotions struck Nodin, resisting tears but patting her arms, nonetheless.

"Blessing!" He mumbled. "Dinner at 7:00. Bring your... friend. Buy her some clothing. On my money, not his." Still a hint of resistance Nodin nodded at Jasmine and finished with. "Do not make me regret this."

"You won't dad." She winked, "Couldn't resist."

"Don't you dare ask me to marry you." Crimson laughed!

"Let's get this suicide mission over. I'm starving." Cyber closed the laptop and passed it over to Nick. "She won't kill us?"

"Not today at least." Nick winked! "Don't leave town, I'd hate to have Opal back on your tail."

"I should be terrified but for some reason I feel safe here with you, Mister Sanchez. I have your back when you need me."

"Remains to be seen. Go before I borrow Newton's cane and chase you out."

"Gone!"

Done, she and Crimson snuck out the front door and left the men to talk more. Silent as mice they snuck in from two different sides of the snoring Savage. Crimson sneaking in from the trees next to her, Jasmine from the sand. With the surf crashing, their footfalls were impossible to hear. Close enough, on the count of three the girls ran for the hammock.

SZENSEI
SZENSEI
1,874 Followers