All Comments on 'Midnight Sunrise'

by darkoverlord6

Sort by:
  • 34 Comments
AnnaValley11AnnaValley11almost 5 years ago
Great story

Well done - absolutely loved it

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Wonderful story and beautifully written.

5 stars, of course. I loved everything about it and am grateful to you for working so hard to make it believable.

TSreaderTSreaderalmost 5 years ago
A wonderful story

With a bit of yummy written in too. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Nice

Gotta love it when a horny young goddess moves in next door.

DunkirkDunkirkalmost 5 years ago

Great. They should plan on having more kids. They both found love

WatcherRobWatcherRobalmost 5 years ago
I agrrdt

With AnnaValley.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Another DO6 masterpiece !

Your recent stories have given me much to think about, as well as much to be aroused by. Doing both at the same time -- bravo! This one had a lot of the flavor of any story on this site by komrad1156, who is also a superb writer. Keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Unexpected!!

The way his wife treated the situation. So were they never divorced? I feel she should have him in his life but then again Meghan loves him too. Argh! So complicated. Maybe somewhere in future they can all be in each others lives? That would be good because I feel Veronica does love him just needed the idea of him going away to be reminded of it.

darkoverlord6darkoverlord6almost 5 years agoAuthor

Thanks for all the positive feedback. Being compared to Komrad1156 is high praise indeed, Ive always been very impressed with his work. This story was inspired by an old neighbor of mine and I am glad to offer this fantasy for your enjoyment.

RTR10RTR10almost 5 years ago

I like that it’s in his point of view. It’s similar to your story Babysitter Birthday Surprise in that the wife makes the ultimate sacrifice for her husband by letting him go to be with the “other woman”. Excellent story!

maxx308maxx308almost 5 years ago
Very nice

Thanks darkoverlord6 for a wonderful feel good story.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyalmost 5 years ago
Lovely story, good writing, 5*

Based on romance with 3 cheaters, 2 selfish, and 2 dreamers.

Does a romantic marriage started by cheating really work?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Superb

Maygificent pacing, beautiful plot, striking characterisation

LenardSpencerLenardSpenceralmost 5 years ago
Interesting

Mate, your writing has steadily improved over the last year. But you have (like many of us!) some weird fetishes. You have a number of stories where some middle-aged man average joe (49) meets an absolutely gorgeous woman who is 20 to 25 years younger than him and she falls for him completely. Plus the man often is a weak, spineless, victim/martyr complex type who can't understand why he's treated like a doormat by his wife. Real fantasy land stuff.

He doesn't stand up for himself at all and the young 20 to 25 year old model type who he falls for is expected to have the balls to make things happen, since he has no balls himself. This dickhead does nothing except accept whatever his wife dishes out, rolls on his back, gives puppy-dog stories to the barely out of her teens girl and we are meant to somehow relate to the weak piece-of-shit. Oh, then he suddenly turns into a stud and fucks the girl multiple times until she reaches nirvana when he has barely had sex for the last 10 years cause his wife won't let him. Give me a break!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nice...but...

Nice story about two lonely people coming together.

But in terms of believability.....(yes, I know that isn't the main point in this site :) ).

I'd suggest having the couple get to know each other better before either one stats thinking about kids.

As it is it certainly seems like she meets the neighbor and having hit it off with him in a couple of harmless meetings decides to have his baby the next week.

Believable?...only if she's a world class Slut or baby crazy nutcase.

You could have built up more of a relationship between the two, it wouldn't have taken more than 2-3 paragraphs if properly done...but then again, I'm a journalist and magazine writer so I've always had to write economically.

Aside from that, well done.

southernreb27southernreb27about 4 years ago
CHILDREN

between my late wife & me

we lost 5. 2 with her ex husband & lost 2 with my ex wife then we lost 1 together . for someone who wanted children so bad & see women out there with them & act like they didn't care about them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
LenardSpencer’s comments are just self serving!

Lenny can only write crap stories so he is forced to putdown good authors like this author! I have actually met a guy like the one in this story with a younger beautiful wife. You see Lenny, there are intellectual women out there who don’t want a cheating hunk as a husband. They want a caring normal guy!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Lenard?? Pay no mind...

Fantastic story. Ignore comments from an idiot who can't even spell his own name right. Likely part of his inferiority complex that causes him to be such a negative jerk. A very real and fantastic tale, well done.

Clarissa72Clarissa72over 3 years ago
Wow

Almost made me cry...the scene between Josh and Veronica. But overall this is such a beautiful story and the title fits the story so well. Great job!

NewOldGuy77NewOldGuy77over 3 years ago

Very sweet story. Surprised Veronica didn’t already have a side piece, since she no longer cared about her marriage.

Mojo648Mojo648about 3 years ago

Needs more chapters please.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The question of children—whether and how many—is one of the first things that a couple getting serious should work out. It cannot be compromised. If one partner wishes to be child free and the other not, anger, heartbreak, and resentment are unavoidable. Deception today must inevitably result in a train wreck in your 30s or 40s. In this story, he wanted kids and made that pretty plain. She didn’t and strung him along for 20-some years in order to get/keep him. I am blissfully child free (66 years old, married for almost 40) and find her behavior to be despicable. I thoroughly enjoyed this exquisitely written story, but readers, in real life, no not EVER be anything but totally transparent on this question

naughtyandy4unaughtyandy4ualmost 3 years ago

Veronica chose career over children and wasn't honest enough to own it. His hope turned to bitterness and love lost out. Enter a young mother with a philandering husband who also chooses career and other women over his child. Not surprisingly the two see their desires met so completely in each other, the chemistry is there.

In the end Veronica admits her wrongs and sets them right by letting him go gracefully to be with Meghan, happy ending, one hopes so. Oh yes the sex was great too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
ONE OF THE BEST

What a compelling story.

It drew me in at the beginning, keeping me riveted till the end.

The ability of darkoverlord6 to describe is at the top, most obvious in the tense, uneasy scene where Veronica and Josh finally [and too late] level with each other.

The author made me feel the loss, regret, pathos; and the awakening (sunrise) to new hope and love being fulfilled.

Noticed no language problems.

ONE OF THE BEST I have read on Literotica over the years of reading thousands of stories.

Immediately gave it ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐.

Thanks so much.

Paul in Oklahoma

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 2 years ago

It's odd when I think about it...

Presumably Veronica loved Josh... but I can't help but think that she'd have had to lose some of that love in order to continue to deprive him of the opportunity to have children, especially when she *knew* she had no intention of ever doing it.

Those actions in and of themselves could result in their moving apart from each other...

GrandEagle53GrandEagle53over 2 years ago

Knew where this was headed; LOVED the way you got us there. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Meh.

Older man in a marriage that has gone stale.

Young mom in a marriage that the husband felt trapped into.

Young mom looking for a parachute catches the eye of the the older man and purposely gets pregnant.

That is the gist of the story. No build up of feelings, nothing that really connects them.

Just a pretty bland story. Solid 2.5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Lenard is actually pretty spot on. 90-95% of men are weak and either have this fantasy or a cuckold fantasy or both. And women want a strong man as well. That's why they engage in it. It's rare to meet a guy that sticks all the boxes so they get someone who is a doormat and a bull instead of the synthesis.

This is a simp fantasy. Well written, but nonetheless it isn't a story of a man who is told to change himself so he is stronger. Instead he waits, and the perfect girl finds him. Even his wife is more career driven than him.

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

Second time round for me and this still makes a great story to me, nicely put together good descriptions of people and acts.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

JOSH WAS A WEAK FUCKING WIMP GIVING INTO SKANK VERONICA!!

WHAT'S WITH ALL THE WEAK PUSSY-WHIPPED MEN IN TheSE STORIES

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

JOSH IS SUCH A WIMP ...WHAT A PATHETIC LIFE FOR A MAN TO LIVE FOR SO MANY YEARS....BEING AN ENGINEER YET JUST A WEAK HOUSEWIFE WIMP

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

JOSH IS A WIMP WHO FINALLY GOT A CHILD WITH MEGHAN.....SO MANY LOSE ENDS STILL HANGING

JBird11JBird113 months ago

I liked it. I wouldn't have put up with all that Josh did, but in the end, he got what he wanted. Shame on Veronica for not being honest.

AnonymousAnonymous19 days ago

I'm with Old Twit from a year ago. Great story. No wimps, cucks, bitches, etc, here. Just people who needed to find themselves. Even the wife Veronica's dissembling regarding children stemmed from not wishing to lose him. But she ended up doing the right thing. People do more often than our cynical world thinks. Consider, even the husband wouldn't have met the sweet neighbor if the couple hadn't stayed together in that location? Fate? No. But certainly unhappy souls finding their better place.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userdarkoverlord6@darkoverlord6
New Writer with interest in Science Fiction , Fantasy, and Horror genres. Grew up on Godzilla and Ultraman back in the Seventies. I guess Im kind of a nerd, love Star Trek, Star Wars, Doctor Who, and watching classic 1950's sci fi movies. Got into writing on Literotica as a...