All Comments on 'Midnight's Daughter'

by onehitwanda

Sort by:
  • 95 Comments
ShelbyDawn57ShelbyDawn572 months ago

Absolutely wonderful. Time ceased to exist as I lost myself in your words. You are truly gifted. I hope you know that. Thank you for sharing.

dwoelfledwoelfle2 months ago

What a fascinating tale. So well told. I love that you expanded that tale. Thank you for sharing your awesome talents.

DukaaDukaa2 months ago

Thank you for this beautiful story, I thoroughly enjoyed the ride! The mythological approach caught me positively by surprise, yet the same could be said for all your work. There is always something magical about it, regardless of the setting.

Plowman1957Plowman19572 months ago

A wonderful tale. The words flow.

A lovely way to start the day. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Thank you for this. I gave 5* to the 750-word version because it was good for what it was, but if have much preferred the full characters, immersive dialogue, and lovely narrator's voice of a real onehitwanda story, and this is definitely that.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Love your writing, and Jackie’s the best!

WetmartinisWetmartinis2 months ago

A nereid, daughter of Nereus and Doris... Thank you!

reallimey6886reallimey68862 months ago

Beautiful, as always

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I enjoyed this immensely, thank you. Quite intense in terms of the storyline and theme. Very minor quibble: The epilogue is a little jarring coming in with "Hey, babe." I wish Isea's character retained and showed a little more signature regal old spirit in a modern world.

PS: Why are they poors? What happened to the trunk full of ancient coins lol

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Forgot to add: from your previous good ones, to the last Lost Girl of Avignon to this, you're just getting better and better. Cheers to you!

CaughtthedragonCaughtthedragon2 months ago

Beautiful, loved it thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I don't want to tell you this because I don't want to lose your amazing stories but you cold be out there writing best sellers. I absolutely love your imagination and way with words. Thank you for yet another wonderful story.

jupitercreekjupitercreek2 months ago

Wow...I did not see that coming...what a beautiful and unique story. Five Stars is not enough by any stretch of the imagination.

WantingToWriteGoodWantingToWriteGood2 months ago

You do a masterful job of weaving a tale. I admire (envy, actually) how you paint such vulnerable characters who also possess strength.

AfricanbluAfricanblu2 months ago

Your stories are fantastic, and this one is sublime. I’m a huge mythology fan so you had me hooked immediately. Thank you!

wistfuldancerwistfuldancer2 months ago

Wow Wanda you've done it again. This is my new favorite story on here. I've always loved the Urban Fantasy/Modern Fairytale genre and this story hits every note for me. Please keep writing, love. I look forward to your next work.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

This story is amazing. You are very gifted indeed. I hope to read more of your stories in the future.

proseinagardenproseinagarden2 months ago

Fantastic! A slightly bittersweet story of magic, love, and lust. The two MCs were lovely and the wistful perspective of Isea painted the little waterfront town with bright colorful detail. Seduction was 10/10. I wouldn’t mind getting ensared by a demigoddess of water any day of the week. Great job!

Samson66Samson662 months ago

Another wonderful tale. Thank you so much for sharing with us.

Feisty536Feisty5362 months ago

Precioso, your writing touched my heart. A beautiful tale. Well told.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

... incredible... better than "best" - ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ are not enough - thank you so much for sharing! LisaR.

MigbirdMigbird2 months ago

Personalized mythology to name a genre. “The Local Vintage” was a tightly woven, mesmerizing piece; this longer “outgrowth” a richly detailed mythical love story that you can believe; it felt real/so easily visualized and the way they fell in love and made love so incredibly beautiful. I love water in all its dimensions — serene, raging, dark, mystical — and a metaphor/scene that figures prominently in a number of your memorable pieces. Obviously love your creative writing; now must sample a Villa Elisa from Lombardia.

metroalmametroalma2 months ago

Bliss, sheer and simple. Sitting on the water's edge in the moonlight has always been a treasure. That treasure has been explained.

noahbudienoahbudie2 months ago

questa è una storia bellissima e alla ricerca dell'anima. Grazie.

sandy_parissandy_paris2 months ago

A story with a difference, but beautiful.

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthere2 months ago

Holy. Crap! As much as I love your tales, it took three pages for me to get there with this one, but the sweet, sweet payoff at the end was worth it all!

Candy_Kane54Candy_Kane542 months ago

I never thought I would say this but you've outdone yourself. What an incredible love story. I have no words ...

cuckrobincuckrobin2 months ago

Magnificent, Beautiful, Sensual like Silk, Words flowing like Isea and her Water. Thank you for this, Wanda, I have no other words that can do it justice!

Robin

ca_daveca_dave2 months ago

Wanda this was truly one of the best stories you have written. When you posted the 750 word story it just felt incomplete. That it turned into this??? WOW!!!. Thank you for sharing with us.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

superb. you simply get better and better. an immense pleasure. so i thank you. to read this one was a blessing.

silveraidersilveraider2 months ago

Possibly your most beautiful story yet, certainly your most lyrical writing, and another journey into fantasy that you do so well. I really like this story. One day, perhaps, you will allow your writings to escape the virtual world of Literotica and find their way into a real book. That's one I would love to have on my bookcase. Thank you.

Jackie.HikaruJackie.Hikaru2 months ago

Wonderful, as always! Thanks for letting me beta read :)

Red_22bRed_22b2 months ago

You write beauty with such ease that one would be forgiven you were the Goddess in question.

Just wow. Thank you.

THBGatoTHBGato2 months ago

Another beautiful love story, thank you! You really are the mistress of misdirection - with your constant references to Dani "leaping without looking" I thought that the underwater rocks you made such a big deal of pointing out would turn into Chekov's gun. The whole way through I was on the edge of my seat, expecting a tragedy. Very pleased that you didn't deliver one.

FlamethrowFlamethrow2 months ago

Other-wordly in its beauty, magic, and passion. You are a wonder beyond words, Wanda.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Full disclosure: I thought the iteration of this story in the 750 word format was intriguing, but lacking. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! for doing this story justice in this longer format. Like a fine wine, this story needed to breathe, and to stretch its legs. Needless to say, I savored every drop of this beautiful and haunting tale of an eternal and forever love. For some reason, I imagine the author of this story to be as mystical of a creature as Isea. Definitely not of this earth. A singular talent in many respects. Bravo Wanda. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

This is the one that broke me. Thank you ❤️

Marbury1803Marbury18032 months ago

When I saw you had posted another story, I was totally excited. You have never disappointed, and this story lived up to, and for sure mostly exceeded, my great expectations when I began reading it. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful, moving love story.

Paddy57Paddy572 months ago

What a lovely tale

toesucker1toesucker12 months ago

What a wonderful, lyrical, magical story. I’m still weepy.

MetalHeadReader4345MetalHeadReader43452 months ago

What can be said other than "Well done!"? I Started the story not entirely sure where it was going and found myself sucked in by the second page. Your stories and style have now become the benchmark by which I judge other authors on here and I may very well never forgive you for that! Lol. Please keep them coming and please keep up the good work!

DessertmanDessertman2 months ago

Such a wonderful story, it moved me to tears. Perhaps because at age 84 I am starting year 4 of an unexpected relationship with a wonderful woman aged 61 with whom I intend to end my days. However I live in the UK and she lives in South West China, so there are significant difficulties to be dealt with.

I love your writing, but this is my favourite to date.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Being able to read your stories is the best part of finding this website. You are by far my favourite writer on here.

NetforfunNetforfun2 months ago

Amazing! Loved it. I got into reading because of the stories of the gods. 100/10 stars

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Discreet not discrete. They're two different words. The language is a tad grandiloquent.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Excellent story. I couldn't stop reading. I did not want it to end

magnetarhangglidingmagnetarhanggliding2 months ago

Another wonderful, beautiful story Wanda. Thank you.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissy2 months ago

Tears, tears, tears and some more tears …. WOW ….. how can i honor this ART this outstanding marvelous beauty .. im so taken, my heart is yearning for this love your girls are living now ….. yes immortality, watching all the stupid human activities and even as goddess being a helpless audience ….. the first page left me crying with Isea’s thoughts about the past

Wanda this is definitely BESTSELLING quality ….. ART ….. pure Love , tenderness, loving kindness

🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨ 💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💝🌸

Namaste

Campus77Campus772 months ago

It's been a long time since I cried for an hour reading such a beautiful story. Multi-Kleenex time. Such a combination of love and fantasy together on the Lake to make a tale as romantic as this one. I am beyond amazed at your ability to caress the English language in such a way to create this erotic, magical story. This is the kind of magic I look for instead of the slam-bam gotch man stories. Thank you.

jackie_emjackie_em2 months ago
Superb story

At first, I thought Isea was an eccentric human, before I realized she was a supernatural being. Dani's reaction to that was quite expected, though I was pleased she returned to her senses. When you introduced the chance for Isea to become human, I knew she would have to. I went through more than a few tissues reading this story. It touched me very deeply and I am so pleased to have read it. I only wish my own writing were as good.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

You are so amazingly talented, this one was sooooo good!!! Just like our beloved Isea in this story, i hope you decide to write novels and be the greatest author everrr!!!!! Thank you for blessing us Wanda, i hope the bestestt for you always - b

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I’m a professional classicist and this is one of the loveliest things* I’ve read in ages

*many of the other lovely things were by you as well

galadriel_fangaladriel_fan2 months ago

What a glorious, epic, beautiful and sad story. It makes me think of some 19th century Romantic tale I remember only subconsciously from long-ago high school Literature. You write so magnificently.

Roti8211Chanai643Roti8211Chanai6432 months ago

Outstanding!

Such a great story!

I don't know how else to describe this tale, so good, such a pleasure to read!

Thank you so much

CagivagurlCagivagurl2 months ago

Magnificent story, filled with multilayered characters. Beautifully crafted, wonderful prose.

I loved it..

5 stars.

Cagivagurl

Bluesea00Bluesea002 months ago

Incredible,so suave, so brillant.....It was

a so lovely experience. You are great . Thanks for sharing

BigGuy53BigGuy532 months ago

A wonderful story and characters. You really brought them to life.

FlLesgirl2019FlLesgirl20192 months ago

I do like the whole story especially the part where Daniella found out her lover was a different species and freaked out. Then they both missed each other so much they were drawn back together. I think this happens a bunch in same sex relationships when it is the first time for one of them or both and they do not know how to deal with a the emotions of it. But loved this story. and the ending.

FlLesgirl2019FlLesgirl20192 months ago

Loved the whole thing, especially when Daniella realized her lover was not exactly who or what she thought she was. But it has happened to me a couple times with other females when it was their first time and they did not know how to deal with it all. Especially if you live in an area that frowns on same sex relationships. Or that someone is taught that they are wrong for what ever reason.

peter2801peter28012 months ago

Every story of you is way above good, this however tops them all. I couldn't stop reading, at home, in the bus, back at home. The setting beautifully crafted, the calm and relaxed storytelling... You are a master in your trade!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Magnifico

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Sigh....................Again.

JS60007JS60007about 2 months ago

You have done it again. This time you have taken us on a story of mythology romance acceptance and love. A tale woven with the sea, nature and the elements. Throw in some erotic pleasure and a happy ending as best as life can provide. So wonderful.

Rockh1Rockh1about 2 months ago

Normally I would say that this is not my type of story, but I kept reading because you wrote it and I love it. Your characters are so real; so well developed. I feel like I know them both very well. Thank you once again. You are very good!

Nightwish1977Nightwish1977about 2 months ago

Another beautiful story. Thank you.

WolfyoneWolfyoneabout 2 months ago

Brilliant, simply brilliant. I can't describe how good I think this story is.

I look forward to reading more of your superb work in the future.

jmcharl1jmcharl1about 2 months ago

Such a wonderfully different perspective this time. A beautiful love story. Thank you.

Rex0naRex0naabout 2 months ago

I'm shedding tears over here. 6+ stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Your foray into mythos continues, and I am totally here for it. That was once again really lovely! While I've yet to read something of yours I didn't adore, I will admit to a particular fondness for Greek (and, to a somewhat lesser extent, Latin - but then again, my Latin is really awful) mythology, and I'm delighted to say that this story captured some of the wonder that got me into all of that in the first place. It's also just a setting that suits you, I think - that mix between her impatient yearning and the calmness of millenia strikes me as a difficult balance to strike, and you've made it look effortless. But my favorite thing about it is that you made the "I'll become mortal"-part work; I didn't really see it coming, strangely enough, and I'm still impressed by your ability to make it heartfelt instead of cheesy.

Well: Thank you for taking the time to write, edit, and publish this story for us! I much appreciate it, and the fact that you've pretty much posted a story per month for quite some time now. I've also just discovered that I missed your february story entirely, which means I get not one but two of them today :)

FlynDutchmanFlynDutchmanabout 1 month ago

You bring to life the stories and myths of old anew! Brilliant.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

OMG 😆

What a beauty full story. Small tears of love and joy leaked from my eyes as I read it. I think … I think it has become my favorite story. Thank you for sharing your gift, and visions, with the rest of us mortals. Thank you, Thank You ☺️

- pal

CorinnePapillonCorinnePapillonabout 1 month ago

I sobbed…. Thank you for that blessed catharsis! xx

Nostrus115Nostrus115about 1 month ago

Wow. Just wow!

Even though I understood what Isea was from tgw beginning, your story telling pulled me in. What an amazingly powerful love story xx

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I absolutely love your stories and writing style. Your characters are so well built and you hook me with your loving romance. Thank you for asking the time to share these with us.

nahnahnahnahabout 1 month ago

wow such a beautiful story. thank you

MeleficentMeleficentabout 1 month ago

Just incredible, as always. Such a good read.

SilverFoxMulletSilverFoxMulletabout 1 month ago

I read your 750 word story you based this on, expanded this from. That was a pretty little tale, but this...? This is a wonder and a surprise and a journey into love. <3 <3 <3

TassievikingTassievikingabout 1 month ago

I continue to be jealous of your characters lives.

Would you write a story for me so that I too could be happy apart from when I read? ;-)

DessertmanDessertman28 days ago

I have just read this again and am deeply moved again! As I have commented elsewhere, I love your work, you are such a gifted writer.

The woman I love will soon be on her way to me and we will be together after 3 1/2 years. We will have our own wonderful story to tell.

AnonymousAnonymous27 days ago

A wonderful story, there was so much emotion for the reader to deal with. I even had misty eyes a few times. Beautiful.

pope32767pope3276723 days ago

Iron that pierces, fire that burns: mortal love that ends in death. So beautiful.

Cor007Cor00721 days ago

Wow, touching story. Thank you!

BladdddddddBladddddddd20 days ago

You keep making me cry. Thank you

nogravynogravy19 days ago

Very whimsical and beautiful. Excellent!

AnonymousAnonymous19 days ago

How lovely! I stopped reading on page 2 when I realised the nature of Isea but returned once I had read the rest of your stories. I love your work, though it does tend to make me cry. Thank you

Runner4069Runner406916 days ago

It's a beautiful tale, not a genre I would normally ever read(fantasy/sci-fi) but it's so well written I'm glad I did. Thanks for sharing!

UncertainTUncertainT16 days ago

Such a strong story, I was totally engaged.

AnonymousAnonymous12 days ago

34hitwanda

Christie_AnnChristie_Ann12 days ago

This is the second of your works that I have read and once again I cried and smiled and cried some more. A beautiful story that held me until the last words......thank you

LrtikagraphLrtikagraph10 days ago

Magnificent. Brilliantly imagined. Totally creative. Beautiful. Thank you.

Delta411Delta4114 days ago

If i could i would give 10 Stars for this…. I loved it

LiberalMindsLiberalMinds4 days ago

I’m relly not into stories with supernatural elements. But how the story evolves, Wanda, really hit me as beautiful and utterly romantic. Isea’s ultimate sacrifice, becoming mortal, must be the ultimate expression of love.

AnonymousAnonymous1 day ago

Oh, who is kidding themself?

This isn't Erotica.

This is Exotica.

This is Great Writing.

My only wish is that instead of Isea breaking her heartstone...Daniella could have found one for herself and joined her in renewing her Vitality, going on together.

We need all the Naiads we can get.

AnonymousAnonymous1 day ago

Christie_Ann:

Also my second story of Wanda's...and I share your feelings exactly.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useronehitwanda@onehitwanda
Profligate reader, harsh critic, published author, lingu(istic)ally deft, Daughter of Coldharbour, hopeless Arcane fangirl, wielder of the sword of Damoclites. Occasionally muffled but never decaffeinated. I've always loved the blurry line between realism and fantasy, hen...