All Comments on 'Midsummer in Finland'

by Omenainen

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
sirhugssirhugsalmost 3 years ago
They were playing Reindeer Games

The ties between Canada and Finland (especially my home town of Thunder Bay) are deep, so that alone sealed the deal for me.

I liked the characters, the appropriate use of dialogue. The hanging end made me pause though.

And what's with "land of Finland"?

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDalmost 3 years ago

Katja is a an absolute dynamo. Drives this story from end to end with charm and a ridiculous amount of sex appeal. Magnus holds his own, ans cheers to him, but wow.

Hot. Awesome. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I found the writing to be a bit turgid, and not descriptive or evocative in the feelings he had to be having after all that time being without, especially in the sex scenes themselves.

You went to great lengths to set up the scenario in a very unusual and interesting way, but when you did bring them together, the descriptions of their sex was almost clinical in its nature.

Lighten and loosen up in your style. Put yourself into your characters' heads - and other parts.

Your writing is well above the norm for this site, but I believe you could be much improved with the collaboration of a good editor.

BramblethornBramblethornalmost 3 years ago

Excellent, as always.

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDalmost 3 years ago

Dear anonymous,

I touched myself. I'm not sure what you think the point was, but mission accomplished for me.

TarnishedPennyTarnishedPennyalmost 3 years ago

Unusual setting for most of us, delightful tale.*****

ThefirefliesThefirefliesalmost 3 years ago

This story left me smiling, because it ended with Magnus making a decision almost exactly how I guessed or hoped he would. And great details too, you set the scene well. Especially down on the jetty by the lake, where I thought Katja can’t be too comfortable, and a second later she’s stopping the action, saying she’s getting splinters in her ass!

Lovecraft_LoreLovecraft_Lorealmost 3 years ago

Another 5 star story.

I wonder if people would have liked it more as an erotic couple category story.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfirealmost 3 years ago

Hi, here from the ND contest. Fun story in a different setting than most so the background and descriptions helped. Katja was intriguing and I’m still thinking she saw Magnus coming up behind her and faked her injury to get his attention, then and for the night. Best wishes in the contest!

OmenainenOmenainenalmost 3 years agoAuthor

Thanks for everyone for reading and voting! This is my entry for Nude Day 2021 competition, and I appreciate every vote. Also, while the story is a work of fiction, Nakukymppi is an actual event! Check it out.

@sirhugs: Land of Finland is this mythical northern realm I've heard legends about! Okay, so I was going for a fairy tale type feel since they had this sir knight - fair princess - banter going on. Probably missed my mark.

@AwkwardMD, @Bramblethorn, @TarnishedPenny, @Thefireflies: Thank you guys. I truly appreciate your comments and am surprised and flattered that you liked my story.

@Anonymous: I had to look up "turgid". This is literally the only way I can write. English is not my first language and while I can write stories with it, altering my style on purpose is beyond my capabilities. Thank you for taking the time to read and comment, anyway. Hope you'll find something to titillate you elsewhere, if I can't do it for you. I am quite happy with this story myself, and it has reached the goals I had for it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great writing and character development, sensual, with good build up. Greatly enjoyed it.

TallGrassTallGrassalmost 3 years ago

This was very well written, including the sex scenes. They are handled maturely and sensitively, with just the right amount of detail. I liked the characters and the situation. Magnus is exposed to a different kind of relationship by Katia that, by the end of the story, has him thinking that there might be other possibilities in his marriage than just fidelity or divorce. Stories about someone becoming attracted to another person than their partner always assume that in the end, some relationship will have to break up. Magnus is learning that is not necessarily so.

OmenainenOmenainenalmost 3 years agoAuthor

@Lovecraft_Lore: categorization is always a pain. EC could have worked, maybe E&V as well, and I'm having trouble considering +40-yo as "mature" myself. But my main concern was for this to not go to LW :-)

@SouthernCrossfire and @Anonymous: Thank you!

@TallGrass: Thank you so much for your thoughtful comment! I love comments, and to have one like this makes my day and week and sometimes longer.

barcomberbarcomberalmost 3 years ago

Not much to add, just to say how much I enjoyed a story that is sexy without reading like a sex instruction manual. 5*

muskyboymuskyboyalmost 3 years ago

I agree with Lovecraft_Lore, EC. Good story, with enough left for a second chapter. But it would likely go into LW if it continues with the Millie reconciliation. BTW, I was referred to the story by AkwardMD, so thanks to you both.

Ravey19Ravey19almost 3 years ago

An interesting offering, possibly in wrong category but still an enjoyable romp.

CatherwoodCatherwoodalmost 3 years ago

This is a beautiful story. The ending is so sweet and romantic, makes me wonder what would happen if I called my estranged wife the way Magnus called his. If I were as lucky as him. More,please.

clearcreekclearcreekover 2 years ago

I enjoyed your writing. I have thoughts somewhat similar to Catherwood.

AG31AG317 months ago

I totally enjoyed this from the get-go. I didn't really expect it to work for me as erotica. Too vanilla. But it surely worked as an engaging short story! 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Cruising through some tags and landed on this delightful gem. Love a story set somewhere I can close my eyes and imagine, and the writing here totally got me there. In parts pastoral and wimsy-ful. 5 stars.

Bluesea00Bluesea003 months ago

Nice and refreshing story, characters well manned and a plot based on the surrealistic experiences descrived -for those non nudist that's it- . Congrats and thanks for sharing

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userOmenainen@Omenainen
I write stories I like to read and publish them here in hope someone else might enjoy them too. Comments are much appreciated. English is not my first language, so go easy on my mistakes. I’m also writing under a second penname with the wonderful AwkwardMD. Our collaborat...