Mike and Amy

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'll see you there," she said. Bill and Amy left the room and Mike collapsed in his chair, happy that it was finally over. Sally looked at him for a moment.

"What did you tell her, really?" she asked. Mike looked at her.

"I just reminded her of the truth," he said. "And of the consequences of her actions. There's seven families destroyed because of this."

"That's why I never represent cheaters," she said. "You're a good man, Mike Johnson. You'll do well. Just stay out of trouble, okay?" He smiled.

"I will, Sally," he said. "Thanks." He left the office and headed home, stopping on the way to grab a six-pack of beer. He called Linda's cell and gave her the news.

"Come on by the house tonight, soldier," she said. "And I'll help you celebrate."

"You got it, babe," he said, smiling.

That Saturday, Mike loaded up the few things he had left of Amy's and headed for her sister's apartment, where she had been staying. Julie answered the door when Mike rang the bell.

"Hi, Mike," she said.

"I brought the rest of Amy's things over," he said.

"Well, the next time I see her, I'll get an address and send it," she said.

"What do you mean?" Mike asked.

"Amy left," she said. "She quit her job the day you guys signed your papers and she left that night. Just packed up her stuff and took off. I don't know where she's going, but I think she's leaving the state."

"Okay," Mike said. "Well, if you talk to her, tell her I dropped this off." Julie took what Mike brought over and thanked him.

Epilogue:

A few weeks later, Julie told Mike that Amy had fled clear across the country and was now living somewhere in Washington or Oregon. The six men she cheated with were all given discharges that were "other than honorable." They also fled the area to parts unknown. Mike wondered if they hooked back up with Amy, but he really didn't care.

He married Linda shortly after their divorces were final. It turned out that she got pregnant the night they got revenge on John. They've since had two more children and are doing well. Mike was offered a job as a researcher for something called the HomeFront Security Task Force, and still works there. The pay is good, the benefits are great and he has access to information most people would kill for. Better yet, he's able to work from home but sometimes has to fly to someplace called "Fort Apache."

He was looking through the day's mail and opened a thick envelope when his work phone rang.

"Mike Johnson," he said, answering the call.

"Hey Mike, this is Oscar, how're things going?" the man at the other end asked.

"Going great, Oscar, how about you?" Mike asked.

"Living the dream," Oscar said. "Hey, I just wanted to thank you for your work on the Skaggs case, it was invaluable."

"Thanks," Mike said.

"Look, I know accolades in this business are few and far between, but Bill wanted me to make sure you got those tickets to Cancun," Oscar said.

"I just got them today," Mike said.

"Good," Oscar said. "I'll let Bill know. Make sure you and that pretty wife of yours have a good time, you hear?" Mike smiled.

"Oh yeah," he said. "We will. Thanks again."

He hung up the phone and looked at the tickets. Talk about perfect timing. Their anniversary was coming up and he was looking forward to seeing his wife in her new bikini on the beach. Oh yes, he thought, they would indeed have a good time...