Milf Tails: Sweet Revenge

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

And Tom's threats? Maybe he could get him fired at Gabe's. he knew a lot of people, but could he really get mom's hours cut? Just the idea of him messing with her at all made him nervous.

Nervous and angry, who was this arrogant cheating dog to think he could threaten his mother? Bret wasn't as stupid or naïve as Tom thought. The asshole didn't are about Lori or even Josh's being hurt.

It was about getting thrown out of his house and although Lori made decent money, her income was nowhere Tom's and he'd end up having to pay child support as Josh was still a full-time student and keep paying for his school.

Plus, his precious reputation. All his overgrown middle aged frat boy prick partners and friends knowing his wife nailed him in court. The family value clients wouldn't be thrilled when they found out he stepped out on his wife, and with girls half his age.

"I'm back!" Julia let herself behind the bar. "Thanks for covering for me, was it busy?"

"Not bad," Bret told her distractedly as he watched the young redhead giggle at whatever Tom was saying, her tits threatening to pop out of the absurdly tight dress.

"That guy," Julia had followed his gaze. "What a pig. Here all the time and doesn't even bother taking his ring off when he's with his whore Dejour."

"He has more than one girlfriend?"

"Girlfriend?" Julia laughed. "Look at her, Bret, he's paying by the damn hour. He's got a different one every other week."

"That's pretty low," Bret commented. "Wonder why no one ever says anything?"

"Golden rule, the guys with the gold make the rules," she explained. "That and people tend to look the other way because its not worth the trouble."

"Yeah," he nodded. "Guess a lot of people don't do the right thing."

"No, they do, but its what's right for them." Julia replied, then walked over to meet a waiter.

Bret knew he had to get back to the other side, but when he got to the end of the bar, lingered there, watching Tom. The girl was now sliding her heeled foot up his leg as he once again held her hand.

Seeing Tom carrying on so blatantly, coupled with Julia's words gave him a sudden resolve. Slipping his phone from his hip, he turned on the camera and eased it around the end of the bar.

Glancing down to make sure he had Tom and his companion in focus, he snapped off a picture. He left the bar but went the other way so he wouldn't pass Tom's table. Bret turned around and keeping his phone at waist level, snapped off three more pictures.

When Tom lifted the girl's hand and kissed the back of it, Bret hit record for a few seconds. He slipped the phone back onto his hip and cutting through the kitchen made his way back to his spot.

"There you are," Frank greeted him from where he leaned against the bar. "Everything cool?"

"Yeah," Bret nodded. As he stepped back behind the bar. "Went smooth."

"Good to hear, I'll keep you in mind if we ever need some help again."

"Appreciate it." Bret smiled.

When Frank walked away, Bret slipped the five-hundred-dollar bills from his pocket. Making sure Jill wasn't looking he opened the register and lifting the drawer, added it to the other hundreds and fifties already there.

The manager would go crazy at shift's end wondering how they were over that much, and he had no idea what they'd do with it. All he knew was as bad as he could use it, he wasn't going to sell out to a guy who was everything he was raised not to be.

His father was a good man, and Bret would be one too.

Even if it cost him.

Chapter Five

Bret sat on the top step of the front porch, and for the tenth time in the last few minutes looked at his watch. It was 4:45, a few minutes away from Lori coming home from work. This time he wasn't eagerly awaiting her arrival so he could watch her through the window.

No, today he was going to walk over there, tell her what he saw last night, and all hell was going to break loose in Josh's house. Hopefully that hell didn't come his way, but he was prepared for the worst.

He rubbed at his tired eyes. He'd gotten home by two thirty, and luckily Mom had been asleep, so he didn't have to listen to her lecture him about not getting enough rest. Not that he got much, that was for sure.

He went straight to bed, but tossed and turned, unable to stop the turmoil raging in his mind. Tom probably figured if Bret did say something, that he could tell Lori he mistook a client for something else, or maybe even he was making it up.

But mister smug had no idea Bret, the naïve 'idealist' was savvy enough to follow the mantra of pictures or it didn't happen. But Lori hadn't seen them yet, and he could still change his mind.

Whenever he thought that, he was sure to replay his conversation with Tom. All that bullshit about stress, and strange flesh, and Lori having the nerve to have a couple of grays and maybe not be as skinny as she used to be.

Then threatening him, and his mother. Trying to tell him what the right thing, like that slug knew the right thing, no wonder lawyers had a reputation of being sleazy pricks. Trying to buy his silence with some money and a job offer.

Not that Bret wasn't tempted at first, more about the job than the cash, but he'd promised his father to do the best he could to be the best he could and turning a blind eye Tom's cheating wasn't living up to that promise.

All of this and more had been on repeat in his head during his excruciatingly long day at school. At times he came close to backing down, other times he thought of talking to his mother about, but no, he was a man now, he had to make this decision, not have mom make it for him.

But when he thought about the attitude and mansplaining bullshit from Tom, and the threats, he'd get angry and once he was mad, he was hellbent on doing the right thing and he hoped Lori put the screws to him in divorce court.

He jerked his head up when he heard a car door. He'd been zoning out and hadn't noticed Lori pull in. Bret took several deep breaths trying to steady his nerves as she exited the van.

She wore a cute yellow flower pattern dress that ended above her knee and with her hair up showed the smooth upper part of her back. The dress showed a little more leg than usual, and those legs ended in a pair of yellow, heeled sandals that matched the dress.

Probably one of the better outfits he'd seen her in. Certainly not what he'd call improper or revealing, but not professional.

Playful would be a good word for it. Figures, the day she wears something that would give his imagination a little more to work with was the day he had to be the bearer of bad news.

"Come on, let's go," he said allowed as Lori headed towards the house.

Instead, he sat and watched as she let herself in. Bret gritted his teeth at his inability to get his ass in gear. He kept telling his mother he was a man; it was time he acted like one.

He picked up the red tie which he'd placed beside him and pushed himself to his feet. It took another minute before he could get moving down the stairs. With a surreal feeling, Bret crossed the street, his heart beating faster as he approached the house.

There was still time to change his mind, and not get involved. This was literally a life changing conversation he planned to have. Lori, and Josh's world as they knew it wouldn't be the same after this.

But he kept moving even as he wavered and reached the front door. He rang the bell, then waited, the tie clutched in one hand, his phone with the damning evidence on it, in the other.

"Hey,. Bret," Lori opened the door. "How did last night go?"

"Um, it...had its ups and downs." How the hell was he supposed to start the damn conversation?"

"Sorry it wasn't all good," Lori told him, then glanced down at his hand. "You didn't have to bring that back right away. Tom has another one just like it."

She slipped the tie from his loose grip as she spoke.

"Mrs. Matthews, can I come in?"

"Josh is at work; he won't be home until nine."

"I know, but I need to talk to you." The point of no return was rapidly approaching.

"Talk to me?" Lori frowned. "About what? Did Josh say or do something wrong?"

"No, its not Josh, it's about last night."

"From the look on your face, I'm guessing the down part?"

"Yeah," he nodded. "Can we talk?"

"Okay, not sure how I can help, but come on in."

He followed her into the living room and sat on the couch across from where she settled into one of the overstuffed chairs.

"Oh, I'm being rude, would you like something to drink?" She started to get up.

"No, I'm good."

Lori settled back into the chair, and using her right foot, slid her left sandal off. She repeated them move, then crossed her legs. Bret's eyes drifted down the curve of her calf, lingering on her bare foot, which she idly kicked back and forth.

"Hope you don't mind, I was on my feet a long time today and the sandals are new, my feet are killing me."

She leaned over and rubbed her right foot, and he noticed her finger and toenails matched the light blue flowers on the dress. He had no idea what Tom's issue with her was, she looked damn fine to him.

He blinked, Jesus, was he that obsessed with her, or was this his mind trying to buy time from what was now becoming an inevitable conversation.

"Did Mr. Matthews say anything to you about last night?"

"No, why"

"Nothing at all? Like where he was?"

"I know he had dinner with a client which is an excuse to drink and stay out late. I haven't really talked to him since he left for work yesterday morning."

"Really?"

"He didn't come home until almost one and I barely woke up when he came to bed. He was up before me and left while I was getting ready for work. Why do you ask?"

She reached up and unpinned her hair. Again, Bret hesitated, this time it was watching her shake out her long mass of curly hair, that he used to distract himself from taking the final plunge.

"I..." he trailed off and looked away.

"You seem nervous, Brett." She uncrossed her leg, and leaned forward, clasping her hands between her knees. "What's wrong?"

"I saw Mr. Matthews last night at the Capital Grill."

"Not surprised, he goes there all the time."

"Yeah, he said he knows the owners."

"Probably, he knows a lot of people either directly or through contacts." Lori shrugged. "I don't know why you'd seem nervous about telling me that."

She paused then asked. "Or is there something else you need to tell me?"

Lori lowered her head as she asked the question, but he caught the expression on her face before she did. The look spoke of someone who might already know the answer to the question but didn't want to hear it.

Was she suspicious of Tom already? Josh had said they were on the outs, and she'd made that comment about not wanting Josh to be just like his father. Bret could be wrong, but his gut told him there was something there, and it gave him a much-needed spark of confidence.

"He was with someone."

"He said it was dinner with a client."

"She looked kind of young to be a client."

"He has female clients, and some of them are younger than Tom."

She sounded like she was trying to convince herself as much as Bret, and although this would make him telling her a little easier on his part, it made him feel worse to see that part of her already knew where this was going.

"This girl might have been younger than me," Bret opened his phone, and found the pictures.

Leaning forward, he extended his arm.

"I think its better if you just see for yourself," he explained. "There's pictures, and the last one is a few seconds of video."

Lori reached out and took the phone, and Bret felt a pang of pity for her when he saw her hand shaking. She turned the phone towards her and stared at it with the same indecisive look on her face he was sure he had when he was still debating whether to tell her.

She took a deep breath and tapped the screen. Bret watched her face while she scrolled through the images. Her expressions shifted rapidly from sad to hurt, and when Bret heard the background noise of the restaurant signaling she'd reached the video, anger.

The expression noticeably absent was surprise.

"I had a feeling," she said softly. "All the signs were there, but I just wanted to believe he wouldn't cross that line. That he'd get over whatever juvenile middle aged frat boy crap he was going through."

"I'm really sorry, Lori," Bret knew it was lame, but didn't know what else to say. "I wasn't sure if I should tell you."

"Why wouldn't you tell me?" She looked up from the phone. "You know how many of his asshole friends know this is going on?"

"I don't know," he replied carefully as her voice rose, and her face began to redden.

"All of them, and for how long, I have no idea! The longer it went on the more I look like a goddamn fool. Worse than that, a stupid bitch who stays home being mommy like a good girl while mister hotshot sticks anything half his age that giggles and jiggles at him!"

"Right, I was just, kind of worried about upsetting you, and Josh."

"I am upset, but because I should have admitted it to myself, should have had him followed. It shouldn't have been you doing this."

"What about Josh?"

"I don't know how he'll take it. He's a sharp kid, maybe he's been wondering too. Then again, he just hears us being bickering a little, he hasn't heard some of the things his father says to me, and I don't tell him because I won't be as classless as that asshole."

"I hope he's not going to be mad at me." Bret sighed. "Think he will be?"

"Why would he be? You're not doing this to be a jerk, you're doing this because I should know what Tom's doing and Josh should know who his father really is."

"Yeah, but Tom said he'll tell Josh that whatever happens will be because I'm a rat and..."

"Wait, you talked to Tom?" Lori's dark eyes widened. "You didn't say that!"

"I didn't?"

"You said you saw him and showed me the pictures."

"Sorry, I guess I'm just nervous."

"Of course, you are," Lori took another deep breath and released it with deliberate slowness in an effort to calm down. "Will you tell me everything he said to you?"

"Everything?" He thought of the nasty things Tom had said about her appearance and their sex life.

"Every word. This is a big thing you just did, and its going to lead to a divorce because I can deal with, and try to work out, a lot of problems, but I will not be made a fool of or be sloppy seconds to his whores."

Before Bret could reply, she laughed harshly.

"I shouldn't say that, we haven't had sex in months. I was told I didn't do enough to excite him the way I used to so I told him he could use his hand."

In place of saying something stupid or yet another "I'm sorry," Bret gave a slight nod in response, but it didn't seem like she was paying him much mind, just venting.

"Wondered if that was the right thing, that maybe I was pushing him towards an affair, but I'll be damned if I was going to try to turn back the clock or act like the porn star he thinks he deserves, while I'm lucky if he even took two seconds to grope my..."

She stopped and gave her head a quick shake, sending her curls bouncing around her face. "You don't need to hear any of this. I'm just caught between wanting to cry or break something."

"I'll leave you be," Bret went to stand.

"No, I asked you to tell me about the conversation in detail. Not that these pictures aren't enough to damn him in court, but all his friends are lawyers. Something you don't think is important might be, so I'd like to hear all of it."

"I doubt there's anything else," Brett didn't want to relive the conversation that, as much as the fact he was with another woman, had led to him being angry enough to come to her.

"Then if nothing else it will make me mad, and I need to be mad right now," she wiped at her eyes and the edge of her hand came away wet. "He deserves mad, he doesn't deserve tears or me wondering if its somehow my fault."

Bret would rather see her mad than crying as well. Mad he could understand and handle, tears he had no idea what to do or say. When Lori turned and plucked a tissue from the box of Kleenex next to her, and fearing all out tears coming, he quickly spoke.

"The night was going really well, better than I'd hoped, then they asked me to cover in the dining room and that's when I saw them."

Brett proceeded to tell her the entire exchange between them. He hesitated when it came to Tom's complaints about her appearance, but Lori sensed he was holding back. She insisted he tell her because she deserved to know what her husband said about her behind her back.

He told her everything, keeping his eyes averted as he felt embarrassed, as well as angry, for her. Except for when she prodded him for the full story, Lori sat in silence, her head down, staring between her bare feet.

When he finished, she was quiet for a moment, before shaking her head.

"I've put on a few pounds and am going grey," she grunted in disgust. "I'm like sticking it in Vaseline. He says this to his son's best friend."

"That's why I didn't want to tell you everything. I was mad for you."

"I appreciate that. Poor Tom, must be awful being married to a fat old lady."

"Don't listen to that jerk," Bret snapped. "You look amazing."

"You think so?" she seemed surprised by his comment. How could she not realize how attractive she was?

"I think you're beautiful, and there's nothing wrong with your weight, you look..." he stopped in midsentence. Christ, he sounded like he was gushing over her and right after telling her that her husband was having an affair.

"Thank you, but you're just being sweet." She tilted her head and gave him an odd look. "Or maybe you mean it."

There was an awkward silence as he tried to think of something to say, but then she abruptly shifted back to the topic at hand.

"I can't believe you left that money there."

"If I took it, it would have meant I was going to take his side." Bret replied, glad to no longer be on the topic of her looks after he'd just embarrassed himself.

"No, it meant you were using him the way he uses me, those little tramps, and everyone else in his life."

"That money was to do the wrong thing, I did the right thing."

"That's admirable, Bret, but the money could have come in handy for you or your mom these days. Just leaving it might means the manager just gave themselves a $500 tip."

"Then they didn't do the right thing which isn't my problem." When she frowned, he added. "I feel like I would have been obligated to him if I kept it."

"Then why not tell him you couldn't take it?"

"Because if I did, he would have known I was going to rat him out and I didn't want him to get angry and make a scene," he grunted. "Or come up with more threats."

"Pretty sure they're empty threats, Bret. You're a kid in his eyes and he thinks he's a bigger shark than he really is. He was trying to scare you."

"It worked." Bret nodded.

"Not enough because you're here and doing a very brave thing." Lori commended him. "If it makes you feel better, I'm not as shocked as I should be. Like I said, part of me knew, but I was thinking with my heart, not my head. I should have known which one he'd be thinking with."

"What about Josh? If you get divorced it's going to be hard on him."

"It probably will be, but best he sees his father's true colors."

"Tom said he'll convince Josh it's my fault," he reminded her.

"I appreciate how much concern you have for Josh and your friendship," Lori told him. "Keep in mind that I'll have his ear too, and the proof of what his father did. Josh worships Tom in a lot of ways, wants to follow in his footsteps, but he loves me too, and he'll see how hurt and angry I am, see how his father made a fool of me."

"But I caused it all." Bret knew he sounded as if he were whining and felt bad considering this was nothing compared to what Josh and Lori would be going through.

123456...8