All Comments on 'Milk and Cookies'

by SpotInTheSand

Sort by:
  • 125 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Adorable!

Your story is a real gift! An excellent heartfelt story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Superb!!

I can't fault it, an excellent story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Phew I loved it

A real Christmas stories, Enjoyed every word of it. I hopefully expect to read more wonderful stories from you. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Hot & Warm At the Same Time!!

A wonderful Christmas romance!!

dinkymacdinkymacover 11 years ago
Super!!!

Thanks for sharing!!

Rf_FastRf_Fastover 11 years ago
Exceptional Story!

Very good plot and buildup.

Didn't see the connection coming at all.

Definitely one of the best Romance stories I have read.

Bravo.

GentleVikingGentleVikingover 11 years ago
Wow

That certainly made my Monday. What a story.

Many thanks for sharing

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
was incredibly perfect

Loved reading it and it is exceptionally well done. Very nice plot build up and conclusion. The only thing I could have wanted in this story was to make it longer so I could have enjoyed it more than I already did. Absolutely fantastic job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Great story

This was a fun read, and the pace was great. Can't wait to read more

LilTexasSexFiendLilTexasSexFiendover 11 years ago

Check me out! I remembered it! LOL

I got the connection to the first date as soon as he told her about his first date and she kind of paused. What a nice little surprise to have when you grow up. I admit I'd have liked it more if it was more coincidental and not quite so stalkerish but you have to respect a woman who knows what she wants and finds a way to make it happen.

I didn't see the trip to Maryland coming, but once she was on the plane and they were headed NE I figured it out. I'm glad he was able to let go of his issues with how they reconnected but it was good that they did still talk about it.

As always, well done!

SqueezeplaySqueezeplayover 11 years ago
This is one of the best!

If I could, I would give this a "10". One of the best reads in many, many months. Thanks for your efforts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Great Read

I have been reading here 7 or 8 years and have never commented. This is one of the best stories I have read on L. A fun holiday story. Very well done. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Brad?

To heck with the Brad series I want more Milk and Cookies! Great job!

john1946john1946over 11 years ago
Great

What a fantastic story. This is the first of your work I've read and really enjoyed it. You brought it to life and took the necessary time to build it and mke the characters real. I seldom do 5 stars, but this was worth it. Happy Holidays and thanks

crazycujocrazycujoover 11 years ago
awesome

Deserves a 10!

double_entendredouble_entendreover 11 years ago
Great Story!!!

I had a hunch where you were headed with Brittany's identity after her first slip up using Kevin's last name. I guess that comes from being an amateur writer myself. I loved the story line; however, and gave it a 5 star rating.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Awesome

Thank you - this was such a wonderful story - I thoroughly enjoyed it. You certainly know how to write a story that you can't put down.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Strange, but meer-haba, nassassenus?

Strange that a place I spent time in should be in such a beatifully written story, more please!!

palfreynet2palfreynet2over 11 years ago
Five stars is too few!

Thank you, great story, some of the plot was sort of visible but it only added to the reading pleasure, can't believe I get such great stories from the web! At least this part of it! Thank you once again, five stars is too few!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Great Writing!

Great story, well written, worth the time to read!

scotluvsoralscotluvsoralover 11 years ago

This really was a lovely story and great read!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Great Story

The others have said it all. It is one of the best reads on the Internet. Thank you very much SpotIntheSand.

Romantic1Romantic1over 11 years ago
FABULOUS

I hope these characters come back in some other story you write real soon. In the mean time, I still want to hear about Brad's Road Trip too. Just write full time!! Everything you do is Five Star!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
good story

lovely story. The stalking thing was bit too much, though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Great!!

Loved the story. One of my favorites!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Keep Me Reading

Wonderful well written story. Loved it. Keep up the great writing. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Absolutely - 'The Best Christmas Prresent EVER'!

Great job, great story!

I felt like I was the Fly on the Wall, enjoyed every moment, every scene so again - 'Well Done'..........

Thanks!

Gordon

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Wonderful

Loved it, amazingly written, and please for the love of god write more stories!

skmccoy6skmccoy6over 11 years ago
Write More!

This story was everything that I expected it to be from the title. And it brought out the meaning and memories of milk and cookies. I hope you win!

MRSheaMRSheaover 11 years ago
BRAVO!!!

Very good, nice plot twist,the physical parts were perfect! Well done!

MaxSmithMaxSmithover 11 years ago
I lived in the DFW area...

for about 20 years (Roanoke/Keller to be exact). Your story took me back there -- including the year of the Super Bowl and hellacious ice storm that went with it.

Fantastic story. Thanks for the memories of my "home town" and for the wishful thinking that something like that had happened to me while I lived there.

HansTrimbleHansTrimbleover 11 years ago
Great Story!

I'm a romantic fool, I guess, but I think that Kevin and Brittany, and even little Alicia, are just too good to waste. You invented such a wonderful, sweet story around these actors, and it would be a pity to bring them to life and then drop them. I know you like to write chapter after chapter, so why not do it with these nice folks? Just think where you could take them over the course of ten or twelve chapters!

Jim44444Jim44444over 11 years ago
Thank you for a great story

Very well developed plot and well rounded main characters. I don't recall any typos, grammar errors or bad sentence structures. Either you are very good or you have a fantastic editor. I will definitely read more of your stories after the contest is over, too many others to read now. Good luck, a definite 5.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Amazing :)

This has to be one of the best well-written stories I've read. I seriously hope you win the contest.

KentGlassKentGlassover 11 years ago
Thanks for a heart warming story

This was a well written, well thought out, and awesome Christmas story. I liked the twist of the first date/girlfriend thing. The whole stalking thing was a little troubling, but the way you worked in the technology and internet with facebook and all, it was well done. Thank you for sharing this with all of us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I can always tell when a story has been appreciated

by the readers by the quality of the stories listed in the Similar Stories sidebar next to the feedback area. Not only did you get a 5 from me, you have 5 of my ten top stories listed as similar.

Thank you. Well done.

Don't know how I missed this one first time around, glad I stumbled on it today though.

ByronBrandtByronBrandtabout 11 years ago

I'd shout "Encore! Encore!", but this story stands so wonderfully on its own.

A wonderful read!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
a top 10

Actually, I have only 3 I've ever "ranked" - it's now my top four. Well plotted,

well written - tho my personal taste goes to a more "complex" word and writing structure, this is great material and Mr. Gresham could learn from you.

thank you for pleasure, enough "pain" to be real - and an excellent, I'd say real, handling of aversion to dishonesty in a person. Been there, still do that probably too much, but you achieved just the right tenses and senses. Well done.

friskypolefriskypolealmost 11 years ago

I loved it. The story is well-written, but the plot really seals the deal.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Who cares about the story?

After reading your Bio and looking at the picture I'm sure you'll never write again because the cat is about to kill you for putting a melon on it's head!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Self fulfilling prophecy

I think it's strange how you write about snow on Christmas in Dallas and last year we got a ton of snow here in Dallas. Loved the story.

Alaska84Alaska84over 10 years ago

Loved it! Thank you for sharing your story with us!

nutherwunnnutherwunnover 10 years ago
I was hoping...

...that there might be more coming!! These characters seem to have just barely gotten started (again), and much more could be done with them as the relationship develops.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
U rock man

Now where's part 2 of this story!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
moremoremore

oh yeah, i think you could sqeeze at least 2 or 3 more stories out of these two!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Loved Izmir

Loved the story. Lived there 67-69 both in town and out at Cigil. Used to take the ferry across the harbor just to drink the tea. I was 12 and 13 then, sadly no girl friends.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
loved the story

I really liked the hints but I had it figured out when she called him Mr. Collins and he had never told her his last name just Kevin. It was such a sweet and loving story and Kevin deserved someone like her/ 5 stars plus

I do hope you have a sequel about Brittany and Kevin. I really enjoyed the story it is going into my favorites.

Ron

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
A Home run!

You knocked it out of the park. Awesome story, clever plot and keen eye for details. Awesome job.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
HARD TIME

MY LAPTOP MESSED UP ON ME AND I LOST SME THINGS OFF OF IT AND THIS STORY WAS ONE OF THEM. I COULD NOT FOR THE LIFE OF ME REMEMBER THE NAME BUT THE STORY I DID REMEMBER BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT WAS SUCH A TOUCHING LOVING STORY THAN ALL OF A SUDDEN(MILK & COOKIES) POPPED INTO MY HEAD. IT IS BACK IN MY FAVORITES.

ALL THE LITTLE THINGS THAT SHE LET SLIP HE WAS SO INTRUGED WITH HER HE FINALLY PUT THE PUZZLE TOGETHER.

RON TEXAS

cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
FANTASTIC

FANTASTIC story love the second time around. Such a good moving story it was supprising caring a true love story and both had problems in there life each different each similar. I had lost the story for a while but once I found it put it in my favorites not to be lost again. 5 stars plus.

I would like to see a sequil to this story so to bring us up to date on Brittany and Kevins life.

Ron

cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

MorganDeWolfeMorganDeWolfeover 8 years ago
Good Intentions

"Kevin." I looked at her. "Christmas is a time for forgiveness, especially when the one who wronged you did so with the best of intentions."

"Yeah, the road to hell is paved with good intentions"

A liar is just that, trusting one is paramount to baring your neck for the headsman's ax.

Just saying

Morgan DeWolfe

heartfulofloveheartfulofloveover 8 years ago
Still a beautiful story.

It's my second read. STILL A BEAUTIFUL STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
YOU KNOW

I really enjoyed the story again .Let me say this one of your readers must have really been hurt by someone to make the comment {once a liar always a liar} Hey get over it. This story was loving giving and a second chance for Kevin and a third chance for little Rita. Sure she stalked him but only in a good way. a favorite of mine 5 stars plus

Ron Texas

cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

How about a follow up story on Brittany and Kevin??? Hmmmmm what do you say.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
nicely done

so many possible directions to go for a sequel.

emf912emf912over 8 years ago
That was wonderful

And the steamy scenes were hot!!! Please write more stories.

J_RReaderJ_RReaderover 8 years ago
Enjoyable

Wonderfull how the story unfolds, starts as a simple romance and epands but manages to stay romantic.

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great. Read

In my favorites not the first time to read it. I guess it is true love is better the second time around as long as you have Milk and Cookies. (lol)

Ron

cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

rightbankrightbankabout 8 years ago
a part 02

would be wonderful.

is there any possibility?

readitallreaditallalmost 8 years ago
Please more of all.

I have read all your stories and am anxiously awaiting the blending of the stories. Please contact me.

tm0718tm0718almost 8 years ago
More please

Finished the Road Trip Series and just had to have more. Milk and cookies did not dissapoint!! You are very talented, please don't take too long for some more!!! You have a gift for writing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Appropriate. Name

Such a tender and warm love story. I guess love is better the second time around as long as in this case it is the same two people. His wife used her body to do her job she was found out and wanted to make nice. I guess the cat was a better judge of character then he was. Great story and in my favorites

Ron/cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

JJMemaw0623JJMemaw0623over 7 years ago
I loved it!!

What a wonderful love story! The part about him not liking liars, maybe she should have reminded him of how he treated her on their real "first date"!

Adored the romance part of the story and the sex was great! Keep writing!!

JJMemaw0623

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 7 years ago
Now that just blows...

Where's the button that allows me to provide more than five stars...?

Amazing story...

Even if he were mad at her, I can see that, as difficult as it would be, he should give her a one free to make up for what HE did when younger...

And with the world getting smaller, it was interesting to have her whole "stalking" laid out... Almost a "How could she NOT find him?" kind of thing...

Once again, well worth the read, definitely going in my favorites.

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticover 7 years ago
Great, great story

Really a great story.

I loved it all, sweet and sentimental, with a certain erotic touch and interesting links with Kevin and Brittany's childhood (not a usual name for a girl of Hispanic descent, although Rita is). There is a saying that in love, all weapons are valid, even white lies, if they are only used once and confessed their use.

I wish there was a sequel to this story, although I know it is old and the author had plans to write other stories.

5 * for you.

I apologize for my English (yet), is not my native language.

Johnny0432Johnny0432almost 7 years ago
I really liked this 5 star story

But one line EXTEMELY turned me totally off. So the character is OK with a threesome because he is open minded, but lies and dishonesty are a killer for him. Does this mean he would still be with his first wife if she would have told him she was fucking other men on the side??? Is he OK with his near future wife fucking other men if she has told him or he can watch??? A threesome works both ways one man two women or one woman and two men JUST to be fair. Yes the story is a romance, but true love was absolutely KILLED with that useless one liner. There is ZERO true love with your spouse if you want others or are ok to share...

Buddy1945Buddy1945almost 7 years ago
Very Good Story

To milk and cookies what a great name for a story and so good that they met a second time. Some lines could have been left out but all in all a very good love story.

5 stars and in my favorites.

Ron

SpotInTheSandSpotInTheSandalmost 7 years agoAuthor
To the last couple commenters...

To those who feel like mentioning a threesome (or actually having one) means it's not a true love story and not truly romance... you're entitled to your opinion, and I respect it, but I do not share it. Love is whatever you make it. I've seen polyamorous relationships that worked, and those that didn't. I've seen regular relationships that were ruined by bringing in other sexual partners, and those that were enhanced and strengthened by it. Love, respect and communication are key. After those things are established, if both partners are down with it, then in my opinion, anything goes. I'm sorry if the mere mention of a possible threesome turned you off and made this less than a perfect romantic experience for you, but it simply means you are not wired the same as Kevin (or me). It doesn't make any of us wrong.

Gypsy_Gypsy_almost 7 years ago
Loved it.

I have read it for nth time and i can't get enough of it

Buddy1945Buddy1945over 6 years ago
A. Favorite

Just to good to stop reading again for I can't remember how many times.

Ron

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wonderful

One of the best, if not the best. WELL DONE!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A model for men

What a nice blueprint for how to be a decent loving man!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
good heart warming stuff

i luv milk and choc chips, fair dunkim

Crusader235Crusader235almost 6 years ago
Yes

Yes! Great read, I hope they live happily ever after, and have lots more kids. Five Stars!

Horseman68Horseman68almost 6 years ago
Just a Great Story.

Greatly enjoyed reading this romantic story. Like to read Christmas-themed stories during the holidays, so may read this one again when they come around.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Fantastic. Story

Not my first read of it. Held my attention all the way. Just curious what happened to Kiara the ex wife. I bet you could write a story about her not from when they first met but into there relationship and than getting caught and her feelings and comments about the blow up of her marriage and life after

Ron--cowboyridecc@yahoo

caryzfieldcaryzfieldover 5 years ago
Awesome story

Thank you for a great story. It was very romantic and it also brought home the point that there needs to be communication in a relationship. Don't hide anything from your future wife. It may cost you dearly in the future. I was very thankful that they both brought out their past to clear the air. Awesome story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Lovely Story

Should b e at least eight stars if not ten. Happy New Year

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
I thought it was a love story

But the threesome comment proved it wasn't. He was OK with his wife being a slut just not OK he wasn't included in the fun. He never loved her nor will he ever love Brittany if he can allow a threesome in the future...

Scorpio2stepScorpio2stepabout 5 years ago
Good read.

Like many others, I enjoyed this story. It is not so much about the sex as the connection of two people who obviously need each other. I also agree there is material for other stories, but do not feel that threesomes preclude love of two people.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Great. Story

In my favorites not the first or last time to read it. What do you have in mind for a sequil a follow story about them. I think it's a great idea.

cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

HarleyusaoneHarleyusaonealmost 5 years ago
Good

I enjoyed the story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Pronoun problems

When will you ever learn how to use pronouns?

Give her the book.

Give me the book.

Give her the book and give me the book.

Therefore: Give her and me the book.

NOT: Give she and I the book.

One uses the same pronouns when combined as one uses when they are by themselves. You did this repeatedly in this otherwise ok story. I know I’ll be called a grammar Nazi but such flagrant abuses of our language that make no sense need to be called out.

SpotInTheSandSpotInTheSandalmost 4 years agoAuthor
*eye roll*

Yes, me agree... so flagrant that through 7+ years, 80+ comments, 100+ private feedback messages, more than 1000 votes and 130,000 views... not ONE person mentioned it. Several eyes looked over it before it published, at least one pair of which belongs to someone who writes for a living... no one thought to mention it.

Since we're dishing out lessons, though, let I speak for a minute about tone. Had your comment read "The story was ok (using your descriptor) but a couple of grammar things killed it for me.. __insert grammar quibbles here__" my reply would have been something along the lines of "Thanks for the constructive criticism.. it was a long writing and editing process and I guess I missed a couple things. Glad it didn't stop you from getting all the way through." Since you decided to be a complete ass in your comment though, I did the same with my reply. If the occasional mistake is going to cause you not to enjoy reading, I suggest you find someone else to read. Better yet, find another website, and stop reading fiction, too. Peer-reviewed medical journals might be more your cup of tea.

KingCuddleKingCuddlealmost 4 years ago
ADORABLE!

The Sweet Little Story that grew into a Saga!

AnyMooseAnyMooseover 3 years ago

Walmart; really? Maybe next time consider HEB when setting a story? Just a thought.

Great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good Story

I enjoyed it. Didn’t hurt that the story took place in the area I’ve lived in for the last few decades. The comment about the Rangers choking in the World Series made me laugh. I remember that event well. Anyway, good job with the story, just ignore the nitpicking nellies. They obviously have too much free time on their hands.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Screw the Pronoun Problems!

Great read. And Made me think of my first wife also. We always shared a palte of assorted cookies and a glass of milk even way back in high school, made everyone else too jealous.. This made me miss her terribly; she succumbed to cancer 11 years ago.

I am just glad I allowed myself to love again. And glad she came on to me with milk and cookies.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
What a great story!

Wonderful holiday story with a cool twist!

Saxons08Saxons08over 3 years ago

Another amazing story. I have no idea if you won the contest eight years ago, but I can't imagine anything being better than that. You are definitely of the best authors I've read on this site and I can't wait to read your new stuff

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Great Story

And I loved every page of it. I think it’s ironic (or maybe just weird) that this story kind of revolved around bad winter weather in the DFW area. As I write this comment, I’m sitting in the big middle of the DFW metromess, it’s 10 degrees outside, snowing like crazy, and there’s already 4 or 5 inches on the ground. Cool. Really cool. This one is absolutely Five Stars. Thanks, SITS.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Pronoun help needed.

“This was a ritual for he and I.”

Now, let’s break it down:

This was a ritual for he. Sounds funny. How about you

try: This was a ritual for him. Sounds better, doesn’t it?

OK, now, how about: This was a ritual for I. Also sounds funny. So, try: This was a ritual for me. Sounds better, right?

Put it all together and you get: This was a ritual for HIM and this was a ritual for ME. Shortened you get the final result of:

This was a ritual for him and me.

When using multiple pronouns you use the same form as if you were using them individually.

SpotInTheSandSpotInTheSandabout 3 years agoAuthor

Re: Anonymous from 4-3-21 (because of course you're anonymous... wouldn't want to actually sign even an internet username to such an assholish comment):

Please take your condescending, obtuse, worst-kind-of-elementary-school-English-teacher grammar Naziism somewhere-the-fuck else. If you read all 8 pages of this story and that's the best you got, then you're completely and totally missing the point of a free erotic literature website. Take your well-worn copy of the Elements of Style into the bathroom with a bottle of Jergens and GTFOH.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Fantastic story. Definitely a five star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating.

Ali Singapore

a_reader_from_germanya_reader_from_germanyabout 3 years ago

Glad to have read it- again. Just one little niggle, not as much a critique as a report of a little collision between what I'd like to read in a romantic story, ideally, and the hints given toward the MC's understanding of a commitment. It seems that Brittany, Kevin and Alicia are on their way to becoming a family. In my world their'd be no room for threesomes or similar such things, but then again, it's not my story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Spotinthesand, great story. Too bad you ruin it with your assholish response to reasonable grammar corrections. And you clearly need the lesson, because you made that same pronoun mistake a metric shitton of times.

AngusMAngusMalmost 3 years ago

Thoroughly enjoyable story I do so hate people who pick on minor errors of spelling

1crazydoc1crazydocalmost 3 years ago

I agree with those who defend the author's writing. Hey, we all make grammar mistakes. That being said loved the story. And for you Nazi gramstoppo, fucking learn how to autocorrect in head....

JnweaverJnweaverover 2 years ago

Absolutely a phenomenal story! I was hooked all the way through!

Savannah13Savannah13over 2 years ago

A brilliant story well told.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

great story the 2nd time thru. Brings our evening with Clint Black singing this with my smiling wife at my side to mind.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSpotInTheSand@SpotInTheSand
December 2, 2023 -- I know it's been a while (again). I have a 13 or 14 part series that's just about done, revolving around a couple of the more major supporting characters from Brad's Road Trip, specifically Chapter 7. About done, as in, all chapters but the last one (possi...

SIMILAR Stories