Minx Ep. 06: Three Worlds

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dragon stepped off the platform and she followed him to the terminal, a flat screen about the size and shape of a human face glowed faintly in front of them. There were no keys or buttons. The platform sped off.

"Zed six five alpha gamma zero and guest, no code. Repeat: no code. I wish to report the death..." he took a quick look at Minx and shrugged, "by my hand of zed six five beta epsilon zero approximately thirty standard days past."

"Mahar?"

He nodded.

"The codes were similar. A relative?"

"Yes, distant. He will have closer relatives here and they now know of his fate. Remember, a weakness to one of us implies those who share our genetics may also be unfit."

"But, they can't do anything until parliament is over and we've left?"

"Correct. Or it might be better to say they cannot be caught doing anything to another hyperman while engaged in parliament." He took a deep breath and then slowly released it. Minx did the same. "Let's go."

Walking through the opening brought the two into a large round chamber filled with a wide variety of people, but everyone there - even those who had greying hair - looked perfectly fit. Clothing was equally as varied, with some dressed in a manner similar to Minx and Dragon, and others wearing robes or quite revealing swimwear. Not one of them payed any attention to the pair as they entered and found a relatively isolated spot on the floor that offered a good view of the entire chamber. Minx could see most others were standing, as well, though some were sitting on thrones and some of the women reclined on couches. It rather reminded her of an ancient Roman gathering, though the lighting and reflective ceiling a couple of metres above their heads negated the effect.

Minx wanted to take Dragon's hand but worried it would be seen as a weakness on their part. She forced herself to calm and searched the room for a woman that shared some of Dragon's facial characteristics. She could identify many who appeared to be related to others in the group, at least by facial details, but her covert search for Dragon's sister was not successful.

"I have no desire to continue waiting," said one man suddenly to the assembly. He looked about him for support then continued. "Where is tee three zero alpha gamma zero? Is he ready to begin or is he still going through his calculations?" There were some chuckles throughout the room.

"I am ready to begin," announced an older man wearing pink robes and sandals. The golden circlet on his head, partially hidden by his curly hair reminded Minx of one of the ancient Roman emperors. He stepped forward, nearing the centre of the room, as others stepped back to give him the floor.

"I am here to warn my fellows of a danger to our very existence." Minx glimpsed Dragon tensing up in the corner of her eye. "I am currently broadcasting the data I have acquired through intermediaries, data of a most alarming nature."

A few in the crowd gasped, then resumed their calm masks.

"Oh, my," whispered Dragon.

"Strange matter?" whispered Aphrodite through Minx's communicator.

The man waited for the message to pass to all present through their private communicators, then continued. "The lesser species currently in dominance of the planet Earth are experimenting with strange matter. By my calculations there will be an accident within sixty Earth days, one which will release the strange matter. Of course, this means the destruction of Earth within a day, the Solar system within a couple of weeks, and the galaxy within a few decades. The Milky Way is a lost cause. If we are to survive we must abandon this galaxy and proceed to Andromeda. There will be a sufficient gap between the two island universes that the strange matter will pose no further threat to the continuation of our species."

"Question," stated one woman. The crowd turned to her. "I am not familiar with strange matter, my gifts being aligned with robotics and mechanical weaponry, what danger does strange matter pose for us?"

Dragon leaned toward Minx and whispered. "That is an admission of weakness on her part. She could easily have her A.I. supply her with the information and no-one would have been the wiser about her ignorance."

"Or a ploy on her part," Minx whispered back.

The man in the centre nodded to the woman. "Forgive my unintended insult to your intelligence, and to the intelligence of any others present...I sometimes forget my gifts are not shared by all." There was an uncomfortable murmuring that passed around the room. Minx observed that Dragon was now perfectly silent. "Strange matter is an exotic form of matter believed to be confined to the interior of some neutron stars. When it interacts with normal matter it then transforms that matter, the elements and molecules, into strange matter. This reaction takes place very quickly and can throw off particles at near light speed."

Another man stepped forward. "Those simple apes! How dare they endanger us all! We should rouse and wipe them out before the danger comes to pass!"

"I would caution against such violent actions. Conflict breeds chaos, and could cause the strange matter to break containment. The best option is simply to leave for a better galaxy."

"Proof," spoke another man. He held up a hand. "I don't imply that you are mistaken or speaking falsehoods; your skills in science are well known to us all. However, I require some proof before I drop my current...endeavors."

"Understood. I am having my vessel send that information now."

Minx looked about the chamber and observed many of the inhabitants adopt faraway looks before nodding in agreement.

"Dragon?" she whispered.

Her shook his head in the negative very slightly, but whether it was to get her to be quiet or an indication that he didn't believe the proof she could not tell.

"Interesting..." whispered Aphrodite through her communicator. "I'm not convinced, but the hard data is interesting. There are a few missing puzzle pieces and based on historical fact I have no reason to take anything these people say at face value...except for Dragon, of course. I think this man is lying, Minx, though about what I'm not sure."

Dragon turned to Minx, leaned toward her and whispered. "He cannot lie in parliament. It just isn't done."

Minx scanned the crowd and noted a man glare in their direction. She elbowed Dragon to remind him to be quiet. The man's eyes stayed focussed on Dragon and Minx felt herself tensing up. She tried to inconspicuously scrutinize the angry man, fixing his physique and face in her memory for future reference. His eyes and jaw resembled someone she had known and she realized that this must be one of Mahar's close relatives.

"...it's all agreed then. We shall evacuate within the year. Unless anyone else wishes to speak before the parliament I have nothing more to announce." He scanned the crowd. There were some there who seemed eager to leave, as they were already turning to the exits. Some individuals were making hand gestures that they wished to speak privately to the speaker.

"I have an announcement, if you have finished," declared the angry man Minx had been watching.

Minx felt her heart drop. The man walked across the floor to Dragon. "How dare someone of your inferior breeding present yourself at this esteemed gathering! I saw your lie about the death of zed six five beta epsilon zero! How dare you suggest something such as you could defeat that brilliant mind! Do you renounce your lie before us all, now?"

"I cannot," stated Dragon. "Not during parliament. Though his death was brought about by my hand, indirectly."

"Indirectly! Indirectly!" shouted the angry man. "More likely you just found his remains somewhere, or merely reported his death when you realized he had not come to parliament. Is he even dead?"

"He is dead."

"How?" demanded the angry man.

Minx stepped forward. "I killed him in battle."

The angry man turned on her and towered over her. He was the same height as Dragon. "You dare bring one of those humans here? And you allow it to speak? What is she to you? A pet? A lover?" he asked with disgust.

He grabbed Minx's jaw in his iron grip. "There is nothing in parliament stating we cannot enjoy some of our old entertainments when someone is foolish enough to bring his human lover along..."

Minx reacted without thinking. In the blink of an eye, her hand came up to his wrist. She twisted and then she exerted her strength to hurl the hyperman as far as she could from her. A shocked gasp arose from those present, as the man who had accosted her hit the floor with an ungraceful thump. He had tried to right himself mid-throw but Minx had thrown him at too great a speed for him to react to. The altercation was immediately followed by a feminine laugh that soon filled the room.

The angry hyperman, now furious, leapt to his feet and advanced on Minx with his fingers clawed. Dragon pushed Minx behind him, causing the other hyperman to pause and reconsider his rash attack.

The mysterious woman's laughter continued. "Is it any wonder that I've turned down breeding with you five times! Any woman that would breed with such an evidently inferior male is just as much of a waste of flesh and bone as you are."

There were a few scattered shouts of fury from various women about the chamber. The laughing woman threw her head back and laughed again. "What passes for superiority in our people these days is an embarrassment to our forebears! If Snowflake's trained monkey could best you then who here could not?" She laughed again, and was joined by some others.

"Leave," snarled Dragon at the furious hyperman. "We can resolve this conflict once parliament has ended."

That man looked about the room for support. Seeing none, he returned his glare to Dragon and Minx. She noted a variety of emotions flash across the man's face, but she kept her own face unemotional and completed focussed upon her attacker.

"Oh, please let this nonsense end. We have dealt with the most serious matter and I would rather return to my vessel..." some man in the crowd called out.

People turned away and began to leave the chamber, bored and a little disturbed by the open conflict at parliament. The furious hyperman seemed undecided, then strode out without another word. Dragon held Minx's arm and the two waited until everyone else had departed. Within a couple of minutes the chamber was empty except for the two of them.

"I'm sorry..." she began.

"For nothing. You were brilliant! Did you see my sister's reaction? And the others! They weren't sure whether you actually were one of us after the way that you threw that ape!" He grabbed her waist and held her in the air above him. He smiled and stared at her in adoration. "You've managed to enhance my own reputation and put it into their minds that you're a potential threat, in other words an equal to one of us. We're free to act as we please, now!"

"So, we're good?" she asked as he set her down.

"We're better than good! My sister sent me a message. She's eager to meet you. Come on. There'll be a platform waiting for us outside..."

"But first," said Minx, and she pulled him close and kissed him passionately on the lips. It was only as she was distracted by the kiss that she realized her heart was thundering in her chest.

When at last they separated she glanced around in embarrassment. Then she fretted; what if an enemy had snuck up on Dragon while she was distracting him?

"I could never have such fun with one of my own people, Minx!" Dragon commented, taking her hand and leading her from the chamber. There was a big smile upon his face and he looked almost boyish. She returned his smile. "But, why did you declare that you killed Mahar?"

"It was closer to the truth and didn't actually refute what you said. Even for those who would consider it a lie, I'm not one of your people so I don't have to follow your stupid rules while I'm here."

Chapter 6: Relations

Their floating cart pulled into an unfamiliar hangar where a large vessel, one that strangely resembled Hephaestus, sat hovering a few metres off the floor. A single ramp extended down from the ship.

Minx hopped off Dragon's lap and stepped to the hangar floor. "Are all hypermen's ships...?"

"Hephaestus incorporates some of my personal designs, as does my...sister's. I'm more of an engineer than she is and had input into her vessel's design when she had it built."

After he stepped off the platform to stand beside her she grabbed his arm. He leaned down and kissed her cheek. A second later she had turned her face so their mouths met. Their arms wrapped around each other as they lost themselves in the moment.

"How curious," observed a stranger from a short distance away. Minx and Dragon broke apart quickly. A dark-skinned man wearing a green robe with red trim stood between them and the ramp leading into the vessel. "I could have struck you down without trouble," he observed. His face showed only curiosity.

"Parliament. You are here to..." began Dragon.

"I was here to communicate with your sibling, Snowfla...". Instead of finishing the nickname he merely inclined his head to Dragon.

"I am not troubled by the name that some have given me."

"It would, of course, entice your enemies into a rash attack, believing you to be less of a threat than I think you are. Some might consider the acceptance of that name a clever ruse."

"It started with my sister who believed my childhood behaviour indicative of weakness..."

"A man who freely admits to his weakness is lying, or has hidden strength to overcome that weakness."

Minx looked from man to man, wondering how much of this conversation was filled with hidden meanings peculiar to hyperman society.

"I have your measure," Dragon said. "Your reputation is well known."

"Are we at peace so easily?" the other asked, a small smile upon his face. His eyes darted to Minx briefly.

Dragon turned his head to glance at his sister's ship. "My sister has an intimidating intellect, and is a keen judge of a person's value. Was it business that brought you here, or am I being impolite in inquiring?"

"Normally it would have been considered impolite, however I will admit to an interest in furthering relations between myself and your sibling. Assuming she has no unrevealed plans to kill me, I think it safe to say we should observe a truce for the time being. You may call me Ramses."

"A proud name,' observed Dragon. He put a hand to his chest and bowed slightly to the other man. "Dragon, and my companion is known as Minx."

"May I...?" asked the man, holding out his hand - palm up - to Minx.

"I guess...". She placed his hand in hers.

He stared at her hand and forearm, then slightly squeezed her hand. Turning her hand over he stared at the palm and fingers, then released it. She had half-expected him to kiss the back of her hand.

"You are a mystery. You seem simply human, yet..."

"She is not, though I would not like to say more at this time," interrupted Dragon. There was a brief look of disappointment on the other man's face.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Ramses," offered Minx. She glanced at Dragon. "I had been warned that the...residents here were violent and cruel, yet you seem elegant and refined."

The man's eyes widened briefly. "You are not playing a role..." He put his hand on his chest and bowed slightly. "I greet you as I would any other respectable hyperwoman, Minx. For I do not have enough evidence to know how to properly classify you."

"That is true for the both of us, Ramses," admitted Dragon. "When we are ready we may be willing to provide more information, at least to someone who may not be an enemy."

"I will leave you to your appointment, then."

The man walked past them, as tall as Dragon and just as proud.

"Ramses?" called out Dragon. The man stopped and turned to regard the pair. "I am not prepared to make an accusation at this time, however I have reason to believe the story about strange matter is nothing more than that."

The hyperman stared at Dragon for a full second. "I understand. Your sibling will, of course, be told of your doubts and any evidence that supports them?"

Dragon nodded.

"I had my own doubts, but I will need evidence or I will join the exodus...along with your sibling."

The man then whirled about and strode away in a manner that Minx could only describe as regally. She could easily imagine his twin ruling Ancient Egypt with an iron fist.

"Why don't either of you just say your sister's name?" questioned Minx after Ramses had left the hangar. "This gets confusing."

"Custom. Our names often change depending on who we are with and what we are doing. I commonly called her Artemis, but I have no idea what she has told him to call her."

"It seems crazy to me, just as crazy as the two of you talking around each other for that first few minutes..."

"A necessary custom. By the way, he didn't know how to react to your greeting. At first, he thought you were preparing to attack him. It's a common practice among the women in our society to rid themselves of an undesirable male by politely stroking his ego and then murdering him."

"One day I'll write a book on the hazards of dating in hyperman society. It'll be a best seller," mused Minx. They ascended the ramp together. "I figured that out from his response; he tensed up after I spoke, then relaxed just as quickly." They stopped at the top of the ramp and looked about. The interior of the vessel reminded her of Hephaestus once again. "Hello!" she called out.

"She knows we're here."

"I thought it polite to call out in case she was indisposed. We are guests."

"She invited us. She knows we're here. If she were indisposed we would have not been allowed to board."

"Well, into the spider's web." Minx took a step forward and Dragon hurried to catch up to her.

Side corridors, as they passed them were darkened, leaving them the single lit path to follow until they at last came to a dilating door that opened into a pink, smooth-walled chamber that was decorated in furnishings and marble statues that brought Ancient Rome to mind. It was a sharp contrast to the furnishings in Dragon's Spartan vessel. The woman who had laughed at parliament reclined on her side amongst cushions on the floor. Her white robes contrasted her jet-black hair and naturally reddish lips. Minx thought the two siblings shared a family resemblance in the lips and eyes.

"Snowflake!" she called out, offering the two seats amongst the cushions scattered upon the floor around her.

"I go by Dragon, now."

The woman snorted. "Sit. Are you in need of refreshments?"

A platform rose from the floor, opening up to reveal a variety of cheeses, breads, fruits and goblets full of red wine. Minx glanced at Dragon, receiving a nod of approval, before taking a goblet for each of them. The wine was sweet with no aftertaste, perhaps a little too sweet for Minx's tastes.

"Thank you, Artemis."

"She speaks!" chuckled the woman.

"We encountered Ramses on the way out," Dragon said casually between sips of the wine.

Artemis' eyes suddenly shone. "Did you? And...what did you think? Quite the victory for my genetic inheritors, don't you think!" she said excitedly. Minx was thrown by the emotional reaction and its suddenness.

"He has a good reputation," offered Dragon in a neutral tone.

"A good reputation? His genetics are perfect! His military acumen and tactical skills are without equal among our people! And...listen to this closely, Snowflake...he's asked for a contract of three children with an option for two more! He," she lifted her chin, "desires to accompany me on my journey to Andromeda! When we awaken from our long sleep we shall begin creating an empire!"

"Hmm." Minx found his muted response frustrating and thought his own sister must be about to scream. "It's good wine."

1...34567...12