Miscarriage and Depression Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"That smile tells me that you know how it's been going for them since." Tara said with a laugh.

"I do." Jackson said, as he got up.

He went to his desk and pulled out that same bottle and two glasses. He walked back over to the chair and sat down.

"This is the bourbon that Bill bought me as a thank you gift." he said, pouring a small amount into both glasses.

He stood up and handed one of them to Tara. She smiled as she took it.

"Now as you know, bourbon isn't my drink of choice, but this is his favorite, and it isn't too bad."

"Cheers" Tara said raising her glass.

Jackson raised his in return and they both downed their glasses in a single gulp. Jackson closed his eyes and let a breath out, as he felt the afterburn of the alcohol. Bourbon has a higher alcohol content than his scotch. He opened his eyes and saw Tara's hard alcohol face. She had her eyes scrunched closed and her tongue out, which caused him to laugh a little bit out loud.

"What's so funny?" she asked opening her eyes.

"You're hard alcohol face. I'd forgotten about it."

"How can anyone drink that and not make a face."

"That's a two-hundred-dollar bottle of bourbon, so you learn to enjoy the burn a little more." Jackson said with a chuckle.

"Two-hundred-dollars! Why would someone pay to scorch their insides like that." she replied with a shiver.

Jackson leaned over and grabbed her glass.

"This seems like as good as time as any to finish off this special bottle from your brother-in-law." he said as he poured the small remaining amount into both glasses.

He handed Tara her glass back.

"Are you trying to get me drunk young man?" Tara said, in a mocking tone with a British accent.

"Why of course not ma'am. I am a proper English gentleman and would never stoop to such measures." Jackson replied with the same tone and accent.

"Well OK then. Cheers." Tara responded keeping the accent.

Jackson downed his easily, but Tara couldn't. He laughed and asked if she wanted him to finish it off. She slid the glass over to him.

"You're crazy for drinking that stuff."

Jackson swallowed it and sat the glass down next to his on the table.

They started talking about his work. He talked about how he flies out more since they've expanded their footprint throughout the entire country. He talked about how wonderful the employees are. Tara was shocked when Jackson told her about what he did with the settlement money from her company.

"Oh my god Jackson that's incredible! A twenty-thousand-dollar gift is far more than a two percent raise per year for three years."

"Yes it is, but it's the act and meaning behind what they did, that I love."

"I didn't even know that you sued them. They never said anything to me."

"They couldn't. It was part of the settlement conditions. You were not allowed to suffer any repercussions for the suit or actions for ten years, or the settlement will be reopened, and I'll make it public record."

"Well that was sweet of you." Tara replied smiling.

"I hated what you did. I hated what you became. I still have fond memories of who you were before you changed." Jackson said.

"Well, I'm happy to say that I'm on the way to finding her again."

"I hope you do find her again Tara. I really do."

They stared at each other for a few moments before Tara broke the silence.

"Well, it's time for me to go."

"Thank you for the lunch Tara. I ended up enjoying this."

"Why don't you come by the house later and take one last look around. See if you've overlooked anything before I pack up and sell." Tara said, as she stood up.

Jackson stood up and stared at Tara. She was smiling at him and waiting for his answer.

"OK, I'll stop over briefly and see, though I'm pretty sure I got everything out that I wanted already."

"OK then." Tara said as she started walking over towards Jackson.

"It was wonderful to see and talk to you Jackson."

Jackson was walking behind her, as she walked to his office door. She turned around.

"I'll see you at the house tonight." Tara said and kissed Jackson.

Jackson's muscle memory kicked in and he kissed her back without realizing it.

"Yeah, see you later." he said as he opened the door.

He watched her walk down the hall and down the stairs before he closed the door. He walked over to his desk and turned it back on. He was typing in his password, when Joseph came into his office and closed the door behind him.

"What the hell was that bro?" he asked.

"What was what?"

"You kissed Tara!"

"I did not."

"Yes you did. Playback the footage."

Jackson finished logging into his computer and pulled up his office security footage. It took only a minute before he saw that Joseph was correct.

"It was an accident. It's completely meaningless." Jackson said dismissingly.

"I guarantee you bro, she does not feel the same way." Joseph replied.

Just then Sofia walked into Jackson's office.

"She just walked out looking really happy, what happened in here?"

"Nothing happened you two." Jackson said.

"He kissed Tara." Joseph told Sofia.

"I did not. She kissed me. There's a big difference."

Jackson could see the conflicting emotions on Sofia's face. There was hurt, sadness and a hint of anger there.

"Do you really think that was a good idea? I thought you two were over with?"

Jackson looked at both of them with annoyance and slight anger on his face and in his voice, as he stood up from his chair, walked around and sat on the edge of his desk.

"Look, she kissed me. It was meaningless. I divorced her ass a year ago and that is that."

"There's no reason to get angry." Sofia said.

Joseph went over and sat next to Jackson.

"Look bro, I understand that sometimes there will be flashes of the old Tara. The Tara that you fell in love with and the Tara that I loved as well. I'm just looking out for you."

"Thanks." Jackson replied to him.

"She wants you back." Sofia said.

"She's selling the house and moving on with her life. Which is what's best for both of us."

"Why, is that a problem for you Sofia?" Joseph asked her smiling.

Jackson saw Sofia eyes narrow as she looked at Joseph.

"Why do you care?"

"These walls have eyes and ears you know. I hear and see all." he replied still smiling.

"You couldn't even begin to process what you hear with that brick of a brain between your ears."

"Oh my god Juanita, he's so dreamy and perfect. He fulfills my heart and soul; and don't even get me started on the sex again. If only I could bring him home, but I'd be disowned if I brought a hombre blanco (white man) into the family." Joseph said in a girly voice.

Sofia's eyes got wide, and her hands flew to her mouth. She was quickly looking between both Joseph and Jackson, before her eyes settled on Jackson and tears started falling. Jackson stood up and walked over to Sofia. He wrapped his arms around and embraced her. She let herself melt into him.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

"It's OK. I know how important family is to you and in your culture."

Jackson just held her, as Joseph walked by them and out the door. After a few minutes, he walked her over the couch and had her sit down.

"I'll be back in a minute OK." Jackson said.

He got up and walked down to Joseph's office. He opened the door and there was Joseph sitting at his computer.

"What the hell was that all about Joe?" Jackson asked.

"Shut up and come here Jackson."

Jackson walked over to the desk and looked at Joseph's computer. There on the screen was Tara, Bill, Patricia, and Margret. They were sitting at a picnic table eating ice cream, at a park that was just a few blocks away.

"What the hell is this Joe?"

"I had Tara followed when she left here."

"This is video and...." Jackson heard them talking.

AT THE PARK

"He did say that he'd come over." Tara said.

"Well, that's a start Tara." replied Patricia.

"Don't be getting your hopes up OK. Jackson is not the same person he was when you were married." Bill added.

"I got to do something though. He's at least fucking that woman Sofia from his office."

"That is none of your business or what you need to be concerned about." Margret said, pointing her spoon at Tara.

"What do you mean not my concern? You should've seen this woman Aunt Margret; she was absolutely beautiful. She looks like a fucking Disney princess, and she's really smart too. Cum laude from NYU."

"If I recall you graduated Magna cum laude, which means you did better, with an MBA from Boston College University. You are a beautiful young woman, and you have something far more important than she does young lady." Margret said.

"Oh yeah, and what is that?"

"History sweetie. You have history together. When I cheated on Alan, it was our history that ended up bringing us back together and living the rest of our lives as a happily married couple."

"She's right. You got so many years of happy memories and a wonderful history together. Jackson isn't the type of man that just forgets things like that." Patricia chimed in.

"That might be true, but his last memories, are of the horrible things that I did to him and to us."

"OK look. You said that he's at least laying pipe to this Sofia woman right?" Bill asked.

"BILL!" Patricia exclaimed.

"Yes. I could see it in her eyes as we stared at each other."

"OK whatever that means. Listen to me, that's a good thing Tara." Bill replied.

"How is that possibly good Bill?" Patricia asked.

"Because it means his heart is open to intimacy again." Margret said.

"Right." Bill replied back.

"That makes no sense at all." Patricia said shaking her head.

Tara just looked back and forth between Bill and Margret, listening to what they were saying to her.

"Jackson was never the type that just went fucking around with different women. He's not built that way. That means that for him to have sex with someone, he must feel something for them, even if it's just a little flame."

"That just means that he cares for Sofia. How the hell does that help me get him back?" Tara asked semi-loudly.

"It means that he's ready to put himself out there again." Margret said.

"You just need to show him tonight, that you're back to being the old Tara. The woman he loved before you; did what you did." Patricia said.

"I cheated sis. It's OK to say it. I've owned up to what I've done. I regret what I've done more than he or anyone can possibly imagine."

"This isn't Candyland where magical shit just happens. Your best bet is to sit him down with a glass of scotch and talk to him. Be honest with him. Explain and tell him everything that's happened. Lay all your cards on the table. You wouldn't have gotten back to see him, if he didn't at least care about you." Bill said, while eating his cup of ice cream.

"He's right Tara. Make sure you tell him that you saw Bryan because he surprised you at work." Margret said.

"Are you sure? I don't want to make him angry or hurt or get the wrong impression."

"Hell yes you do! You kicked him in the balls and broke his nose with your purse. He'll love hearing that Tara." Bill said laughing.

IN JOSEPH'S OFFICE

Jackson and Joseph were laughing, hearing what Tara had done to Bryan.

"Damn. I wish I could've seen that shit." Jackson laughed.

"I know. What the hell does she carry in that thing?" Joseph asked laughing.

"She carries a two pack of pineapple and a small can of chicken in there, and a plastic spoon, along with her other stuff. She's always snacking on something." Jackson told him.

BACK AT THE PARK

"Do not bring up Bryan unless he does. Besides aren't the police still investigating what happened to him. He'll think you're trying to set him up." Patricia said.

"Jackson had nothing to do with it. He has an ironclad alibi. Eyewitnesses, video and audio." Tara replied.

"What about that goof-troop looking partner of his? He always gave me the creeps." Patricia asked.

BACK IN JOSEPH'S OFFICE

"HEEEEEEEY, WHAT THE HELL!" Joseph exclaimed loudly, as Jackson was wheezing with laughter.

BACK AT THE PARK

"Joseph definitely knows where to cut; he was a Corpsman in the Navy. I doubt he'd done it though; he wouldn't want to risk his lifestyle. He loves the money, being invited to all the parties, being the center of attention, chasing women."

"Did he ever chase you?" Margret asked.

"Oh heavens no. The closest he ever came to anything like that was when he grinded against me at a party many, many years ago, before Jackson and I even became exclusive."

"Does Jackson know?" Bill asked.

BACK IN JOSEPH'S OFFICE

Jackson had Joseph's arm in a goose neck, wrist manipulation, submission hold.

"What the hell bro!" Jackson said, as Joseph was hunched over his desk in pain.

"You weren't even together yet, and you heard her say that I haven't done anything since. I never thought about her in that way again, after you got with her. I swear on my mother's life." Joseph replied quickly.

Jackson knew he only swore that when he was telling the truth. Otherwise his mother would probably shoot him herself. Jackson let go of him.

"God damn, I forgot how fast you are with that shit." Joseph said, rubbing his wrist and flexing his elbow.

BACK AT THE PARK

"If he does, he never brought it up to me, and besides, nothing happened." Tara answered.

"So, he's a skirt chaser huh. I'm surprised he hasn't made a play for you then." Bill remarked.

"Joseph would never do anything to hurt Jackson. Besides, women talk, he has stamina issues."

The women chuckled and smiled.

"Men talk too ladies. So I'd shut up if I were the three of you." Bill said.

"Fair enough." Patricia replied, as she blushed.

"Anyway, back to the matter at hand." Margret chimed in.

"Did you even find anything of his at the house?" Bill asked.

"I did indeed. I found the bottle of scotch his grandfather gave him as a wedding gift. It was up in the cabinet above the fridge."

BACK IN JOSEPH'S OFFICE

Jackson sat down on the corner of Joseph's desk. Joseph could tell that the wind had been takin out of Jackson's sails. He knew what was wrong with him.

"He was a great man Jackson. We all miss him." Joseph said, patting him on the knee.

"I completely forgot about that bottle after the honeymoon." he said.

"What's going on in here?" came Sofia's voice.

Joseph switched off his computer quickly, as they looked up at her standing halfway to his desk.

BACK AT THE PARK

"That's perfect. He loved his grandfather. You can use that to get to him." Patricia said.

Tara, Bill and Margret just looked at Patricia.

"What?" she asked.

"It's a good thing you're pretty." Margret said with a smile.

"HEY!" Patricia said, as Bill and Tara snickered trying to hold in their laughter.

"Sweetie, if you want to start rebuilding any type of relationship with him again; Bill's idea is the right way to do it." Margret said.

"Yes it is. Give him the bottle and ask to have a glass with him. Now, you can't hold your whiskey, so don't pour yourself the same amount as Jackson."

"Oh good lord no." Patricia chimed.

"Pour yourself a finger and a half, then add some ice to yours and sip on it." Bill said.

"Just talk to him. After seeing the bottle, it'll be about his grandfather, so talk about your memories of him. He'll start talking about his memories. When that conversation lags out, start talking about happy memories the two of you made in the house together." Margret said.

"Jesus look at the time!" Bill said loudly. "We gotta get back to the house and continue packing."

Everyone agreed. They got up, threw their empty cups away into the trash can and left.

BACK AT JOSEPH'S OFFICE

"What were you guys doing?" Sofia asked.

"We were just going over the flight schedule. Since Jackson can't fly out for tomorrow's meeting, he's going to fly out next Thursday instead." Joseph replied quickly.

Sofia looked at them both for a few seconds.

"OK. Jackson, can I talk to you in private?"

"Of course." Jackson replied.

"That means killing the office feed so that Mr. Nosey Nelly here can't listen and watch." Sofia said pointing to Joseph.

"I'm not a nose nelly, I'm simply prudent in protecting this company." Joseph replied back.

"Yes of course." Jackson said.

Jackson turned Joseph's computer around and took his keyboard. He brought up his office feed and then typed in his own personal password, that turned off the cameras. Joseph didn't even know it. As Jackson put everything back, Joseph's phone alarm went off.

"Damn, look at the time." Joseph said standing up.

"Yes, it's your weekly peacock strut for the country club widow dinner party." Jackson said.

"Say what you want, but at least they know how to appreciate a man." he said.

Sofia rolled her eyes.

"Jackson, come meet me in your office when your done with him." she said and then walked out.

They both watched Sofia leave. Jackson and Joseph looked at each other. Jackson could read him like a book. Joseph pointed at Jackson and opened his mouth but was cut off by Jackson.

"We signed waivers months ago; the company attorneys already have them locked away."

Joseph crossed his arms and went to speak, Again, he was cut off by Jackson.

"She won't. She loves this job; she loves the area, and she loves the people here. Well, except for one." he said smiling.

Joseph smiled back. He put his sport jacket on and stood there looking at Jackson for a moment. His face turned a bit sad, and he started walking towards Jackson.

"I know you're sorry and yes, you should've told me. We'll settle it in the ring tomorrow morning."

"Oh come on! It was over a decade ago."

"You fly out to LA on Saturday night and won't be back until Wednesday morning. You'll be fine by then. Besides, they're long time clients. They know how we do things." Jackson said with a smile.

They hugged and walked out of Joseph's office. Jackson went to his office and Joseph went down the stairs to get ready for his night out. When Jackson opened the door to his office, he didn't see Sofia on the couch, in the chair or even at his desk. He thought that maybe she'd gone to the bathroom, so he closed the door. When he heard the door close, he was turned around from behind, and for a brief second, saw Sofia, before she threw herself into his body and started kissing him.

He was stunned, but returned the kiss, and it started to get more and more passionate. She pulled herself away from him, grabbed him by his hand and walked him over to the couch. She started making out with him again, as she undid his belt and pants. Gravity did its thing and they fell to his office floor, around his ankles. He felt her hands move up to his shirt and start unbuttoning it. Jackson moved his hands to her ass. He loved her ass.

As he started to pull her skirt up, she broke away from his face again. Both of them sucking in oxygen, as she pushed him down onto the couch. Jackson was already starting to get hard, and she smiled when she saw that his cock had slipped out of the slit in his boxers. Sofia knelt down and pulled off his boots.

She loved how nothing about him changed. In the time that she had known him, he'd gained over five million dollars in personal wealth from the stock market, and he was also teaching a summer business class at two universities. She'd gone with him a few times. He'd taught a class and hour away in the morning from eight to ten. He'd have lunch when he got back to town, then he'd teach the second class from two to four. He treated everyone with respect until they gave him a reason not to. He was always so polite to hotel staff and food service workers.

She pulled his socks and pants off, then slid herself back up his body. When she got to his cock, it was fully engorged. She stuck her tongue out and licked the underside from the bottom at his sack, up to the ridge on his head. She swirled her tongue around the top and then slowly took him down into her mouth.