Miscarriage and Depression Pt. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I love you Jackson, and I hope you find the happiness you deserve." she said whispered aloud, before she got up and walked to her office.

Jackson got into his new truck, and he felt a few tears fall from his eyes. As he wiped them off his face, he took a deep breath in and out. He felt a weight lift off his chest. He had one conversation down, he still had a few more to go today.

BACK AT THE OFFICE.

Sofia was barely able to function this morning. Beverly had told her that Jackson was coming back today. She'd spent last night deciding what she was going to wear. She finally decided on a Traditional Tabasco Dress. It had a white blouse, with brightly colored flowers along the neckline and a black, ankle length skirt, that had three rows of brightly colored flowers along the bottom. She was wearing gold hoop earrings, as well as a two, wide Semanario (bangle) gold bracelets, one of each wrist. She had a necklace made of brightly colored beads, in two rows on the front and one row in the back.

She was sitting at her desk working, while her mother was sitting in a chair on the other side of the office. She was playing on a tablet that Sofia had bought her. She had gotten her mother hooked on the game Candy Crush. She played it most of the day, at the office. She'd put it down whenever Sofia left the office.

MEANWHILE, ELSEWHERE IN THE OFFICE.

Ashley had gotten a text from Jackson. Telling her to escort the two gentlemen in the lobby down the hallway, and have them stand inside the bullpen, but at the hallway entrance. She then, went a gathered Joesph from his office. She got Christina, Beverly and Sheila from Jackson's office. She had them stand in the upper hallway in the bullpen.

Ashley told them to smile, as she took a picture on her phone of them leaning against the rail. She then took a picture of the two gentlemen, standing where they were, and then sent the pictures to Jackson.

A few seconds later, they saw one of the gentlemen below look up.

"Hola Christina!" he said loudly, smiling as he waved.

Joesph, Beverly and Sheila turned towards Christina, in time for her response.

"Hola Jorge!" she responded, smiling and waved back.

"Who the hell is that?" Joesph asked.

"You'll find out soon enough." she responded.

They looked over as they saw Ashley stand next to them with a small handheld radio from Joesph's office.

"Sofia, you're needed in the bullpen right now." she said.

Joesph, Beverly and Sheila watched as Ashley went down the stairs and Christina pulled Jackson's small handheld from somewhere.

"Tell me what is going on Christina, right now." Joesph hissed, as he didn't want to yell.

"Pipe down and have faith Joesph, or you won't have anything left for your trial run." she responded.

"I don't like being kept out of the loop." Sheila said to Beverly, more loudly than she though.

"Get over it Shiela and just keep watching." Christina replied.

A few seconds later, they saw Sofia walk into the bullpen, with her mother behind her, from another hallway entrance.

"Papa!" she gasped when she saw the two gentlemen.

"You knew one of them was her father?" Joseph asked, as they all watched her walk over.

"How do you even know him?" Sheila asked.

"We met through a mutual friend." she replied to her.

"We only have one mutual friend. You met him through Jackson." Beverly stated.

"Will you guys, just watch and be quiet." Christina said.

Christina leaned in closer to the three of them, and had the radio between them all. They could hear Jorge speaking forcibly in Spanish. Sofia would chime in from time to time, but then she would look down at her feet. Her mother was rubbing Sofia's back, between her shoulder blades.

After listening and watching for a couple minutes, Beverly finally asked.

"What are they saying?"

"That they came to America for a better life, and that she should've had faith in him. That he simply wants her to be happy and do better for herself than himself and her mother. Sofia said that she always was told to marry a Catholic Mexican man. He told her that, that was her grandfather who would say that, not him or her mother." Christina told all of them.

"Alright, that's enough of this shit." Joseph said.

Christina grabbed his arm though.

"You ain't the damn boss Christina, and I'm getting tired of this....."

They suddenly heard Mexican music start playing. They looked down and saw Ashley holding her phone up. A few seconds later, they saw Jackson walk in wearing a black charro suit and a sombrero.

Sofia squealed loudly as her hands flew to her mouth in surprise. Her mother was clapping her hands and smiling. Sofia's father was standing next to the other man, and they were both smiling.

Everyone in the bullpen was standing, smiling and clapping as Jackson and Sofia started dancing around the sombrero that Jackson had put on the ground.

"I know that they're doing the Mexican Hat Dance, but why?" Joseph asked.

Beverly broke away from the group and was semi running down the hallway for the stairs.

"It means that he's chosen Sofia." Sheila told him.

"Well then." he said.

"And you knew this was his choice the whole time?" Sheila asked Christina.

"Of course I did. Christina replied.

The three of them watched as Jackson and Sofia danced around sombrero, while smiling themselves. It had been a long journey for Jackson since Tara's affair. He'd grown so much since then. Jackson was now running meetings and flying all over the country to deal with problems and contract situations.

"It's hard to believe this is the same guy that went from a monogamous marriage, to a perfect week, to Sofia, to Christina and now back to Sofia." Joseph said.

"Oh yes, the Aspen/Santa Barbara week." Christina replied.

"Jesus, I can't believe he told you about that." Joseph replied to her.

"I told you Jospeh. Jackson and I are extremely close."

"This is a big mistake, and I think he chose the wrong woman, but I'll support his decision." Sheila said, as she walked away to go join the crowd in the bullpen.

As they watched Sheila walk over beside Beverly down below, Joesph looked over at Christina. She looked back at him.

"He's got a prenup already ready, just in case doesn't he?" Joseph asked.

"Oh yeah, and an asteroid falling from space, couldn't penetrate it either."

ONE YEAR LATER.

Jackson and Sofia were standing together at the altar. Next to him was his best man Joseph. His groomsmen were Christina and Bill. Next to Sofia was her maid of honor Juanita. Her bridesmaids were Beverly and Sheila.

Sitting in the pews were Patrica and Margret. They had gotten their wish and were able to maintain their friendship with Jackson. Tara did not attend, but she sent well wishes and a Bed Bath and Beyond gift card.

"You may now kiss the bride." the padre said.

Jackson and Sofia sealed their commitment to each other with a classy but steamy kiss. As they turned around to the applause and smiling faces of their family and friends, they couldn't help but feel the love. They looked at each other and smiled together. They had a secret just between themselves.

Sofia was 3 months pregnant.

12