All Comments on 'Misery Breeds Company'

by Montgomery Quinn

Sort by:
  • 49 Comments
1hellsbells991hellsbells99over 3 years ago

I really liked it. Wish holly could have been a second wife, but that didn't hurt me liking the story. Thanks for taking the time to write and submit it

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Worth every second invested in the reading!

Delightful tale, well told. A couple of typos, but I'm not a grammar Nazi so no stars lost.

CreepyDragonCreepyDragonover 3 years ago
Sweet

This was a completely bittersweet romance. I enjoyed this story very much. I even got teary eyed when Sandra passed. Thank you for writing and sharing it with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Fantastic

Totally over the top. Great and very engaging story line even without the sex. But pregnant and horny works well also.

bigbob2406bigbob2406over 3 years ago

Great story. Thank you very much.

ender2k2kender2k2kover 3 years ago

This was the first of your stories I have read and it was wonderful. Thanks

fixer43fixer43over 3 years ago
A good 4 stars..

Didn't really get into the threesome with Holly. Being a small town, that really would get the gossip going. I think becoming a family friend would have been sufficient.

Toward the end, you got a little confused with names. Grace instead of Sandra, and a couple others. Minor typos/grammar, but no big deal.

pearlygrlpearlygrlover 3 years ago
WOOHOO!

That, Good Sir, Average Joe, is one FABULOUS story! Thanks so much for putting it here for us!

PowersworderPowersworderover 3 years ago

I was really enjoying this story until Jess found out she was pregnant with Mike's baby.

Why on earth would she choose to keep it? That child would be a constant reminder of the horrible asshole that abused Jess for years. Considering what a cruel, violent, piece of shit Mike was, he probably raped her when she conceived.

Tim should've paid for an abortion so that Jess really could put that nightmare behind her. Then they could've still had a big family... that were all biologically his children.

DickMarksDickMarksover 3 years ago

So glad you're writing again. This one's a beauty! I thought you really nailed the character of Jess in particular, her transition from trauma to healing was quite well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
@Powersworder

I understand where you might be coming from, but it seems to me that it was not the fault of the child, therefore it could be considered illogical, as well as irresponible, to put that sort of 'blame' on one unborn. Much the same way a parent is directly responsible for 'learned behaviour'. Allowing the child to be a reminder isn't fair to the child nor would it truly heal the trauma

Go2daWestGo2daWestover 3 years ago

One of the best things I've read on this site. Deserves more than 5 stars in my opinion. Sure, the Holly 3some was a bit odd, but I don't think that detracts from the story as a whole. I bet some people actually quite enjoyed that and who am I to judge?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

This was an excellent story for the first 75% then started to go down hill. The sex became the overwhelming theme. You have lots of talent and I will read more of your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
First person, then

you switched to third person for a paragraph in chapter 18. There’s no way the narrator would know what Holly was thinking in her room while he was with Jess in another room.

The threesome just didn’t fit into the story at all. It seemed to be a lame attempt to jazz things up after describing his sexual escapades with Jess ad nauseum.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Lost me at the threesome. Seemed to change from romance to how slutty can we make this.

linnearlinnearover 3 years ago
Epic

Touching and romantic. It seems every author throws anal in to their stories now, not necessarily a bad thing but not always needed.

Throwaway131447Throwaway131447over 3 years ago

This was just lovely. Though I do wish we could have heard a little bit about what happened with the parents. Seemed there was a story there. I really enjoyed it thank you for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Could have been better

Enjoyed so much until Holly and that just ruined it

ScoratScoratover 3 years ago

I much preferred Holly as a sympathetic side character. Very disappointed when they all got in a three-way. Otherwise great story

kvalentinekvalentineover 3 years ago

Echoing others, the threesome seemed out of place. As someone else said, the story with Jess' parents seems important, but got left out. It's implied that Mike crippled her Dad, but that leaves a bit of a plot hole (it was already implausible for him to get away with everything he had, and even if Jess would cover for Mike, her parents wouldn't) and really needs to elaborated on.

This story does do a great job exploring the recovery of Jess, as well as the dynamics of the small town. A lot of "small towns" I see in stories are nothing like one.

GoesGruntGoesGruntover 3 years ago

I would have liked a bit more about Willet and Henry's frowns. But in contrast to other commenters, I liked the threesome with Holly. I thought it made for interesting speculation about the future of the three of them...

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Old ways coming back!

Before people became so concerned about appearance, most families were made up of three adults. This was so the family would be cared for in case of any emergency.

Is Holly about to become a part of their family. I think Sandra would have loved for Tim to be the father of her grandbabies.

HTW2HTW2about 3 years ago
Loved the character development

Could only give it 4 stars because of the threesome. That’s not Romance. Almost stopped reading.

Maximillion_VentresMaximillion_Ventresabout 3 years ago

WOW! This is awesome work Monty. I know you have a lot on your plate, but will there be more.

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984almost 3 years ago

Great read, loved the development and peace. Keep them coming.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Another fantastic novella. Great work Joe!

stewartbstewartbover 2 years ago

If you put any 2 people together ea will have their own opinion how the character should proceed. I enjoyed this story thru your vision ... not another person's "what could or should not have been". This is your 2nd romance story I have read and thoroughly enjoyed. I think I will try your Kitty series. Keep writing more 5's.

Ravey19Ravey19over 2 years ago

Another lovely story, well written and a good storyline. Definitely in the right category. 5⛤ again. Worth nothing less.

MarkT63MarkT63over 2 years ago

Interesting story. Not sure about raising another mans kid...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A very sweet, creative story. 5 stars well earned

SatyrDickSatyrDickover 2 years ago

@MarkT63,

Tim wanting to raise Mark's daughter is no surprise (given how he is written) he is a honourable guy who loves Jess and (for better or worse) baby Sandra is a part of the 'Jess package'.

True story...a girl I had a major crush on in the 10th grade (ACTUALLY since the 8th grade) was pregnant by her lousy (on again/off again) B.F., didn't want to terminate and was scared - so I 'chivalrously' (read 'stupidly') offered to marry her and help her...obvi she said 'no' but there are guys out there in real life who act like Tim did in the story.

SatyrDickSatyrDickover 2 years ago

@Montgomery Quinn,

Excellent story, deserves more than 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I was going to pretend the threesome never happened when it happened again. It ruined an otherwise great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

nice romantic story. couldn't stop reading. started just after midnight, finished 545 am 5*

paulyepspaulyepsabout 2 years ago

What a great story .. so we’ll written .. I actually enjoyed holly’s part. This was just a love filled fun story .. i can’t wait to read the rest of’ your stories. Thanks …

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Very nice story, I enjoyed it very much. A bit longer than I usually go for but once I got into it there was just no stopping. It’s just that well written. As far as the three-way scenes with Holly, hey they’re all adults, they’re all into it, so it’s nobody’s business but theirs. I did think it was pretty hot though.

So thanks for the story, MQ, it’s absolutely a Five Star contribution.

Rancher46Rancher46almost 2 years ago

This was a wonderfully written love story. It flowed well with a slow buildup. The ending was excellent as I always love a happily ever after. Well done 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

TRAILER PARK TRASH

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Enjoyed very much until the Holly threesome. There was plenty going on in the story without that, and it seemed forced to me…totally not an expected development in the story I had been reading.

GuyGamerGuyGamerover 1 year ago

Great story, 5/5. The threeway was hot for sure, personally, I don't like them in romantic stories though. I'm not entirely sure why, but the sheer amount of sex shocked me almost. You wrote the scenes very nicely though, in my opinion. Will have to check out some more of your work

LeontheKingLeontheKingover 1 year ago

More like this please

Rex0naRex0naover 1 year ago

The threesome was so random and outta nowhere but otherwise a lovely story.

roveroneroveroneover 1 year ago

GREAT one... her sky-high libido! and her bringing Tim along, and then him always willing/able to get her off...

LOVED she was into getting her rump rogered, and also loved the addition of Holly...no idea why so many thumbs down on her

Easy 5 and fave, and curious about author's other stories now

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

No one calls the cops? He doesn't get put away? This is why I stay away from small towns. Everyone even the cops let people get away with domestic abuse. If the town had any REAL men the bastard would have been taken care of long ago. Beat his ass till he's crippled, or just kill him. Town full of cowards smh

SatyrDickSatyrDick7 months ago

[08.10.23]

I musta overlooked this comedy gold the last time I read it:

"This is a change, have you been watching kids shows?" She grinned. I just frowned, wondering what she was talking about until she scoffed and sang, "fruit salad, yummy yummy!"

If Mike having a Holden (I'm assuming a Commodore) didn't reveal it already...the Wiggles reference solidifies this as taking place 'Down Under'.

11/10 Fruit Salads!!!!!

inka2222inka22226 months ago

I downgraded my vote to 3 stars, after I realized that this story is the usual tired Real Life "trope" - or rather, a pathetic reality - of women hooking up with hot asswipes, then saddling decent men with raising asswipes' kids and dealing with their psychological baggage of dealing with asswipes. Bleh. She doesn't deserve the main character. She's the kind who wouldn't even consider him a human worthy of looking at before she needed to leech onto him.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Inka: you seem fun. Maybe get off the incel boards and touch grass.

Thanks, Monty! Second read-through for me, and i enjoyed it again.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMontgomery Quinn@Montgomery Quinn
If you'd like to say hi, head here: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100075866042137 And if you'd like to support me, you can... Purchase an ebook: https://www.amazon.com/Montgomery-Quinn/e/B07S1XQ1MF Or, if you'd like to read what I'm working on RIGHT NOW (hint, I p...

SIMILAR Stories