All Comments on 'Missanabie Falls'

by ja99

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
LevitikanLevitikan7 months ago

Another fantastic story

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

A great Story. You did a very good job holding a difficult wide ranging story togeather. You did very well on matching farm and ranch management challenges with inexperienced young adults refugees from Chigao. You made a life threating error when inexperienced refugees increased the seeding rate of the spring wheat on the land of the farmer that raised the seed wheat in his grain bin. No matter how much experience one has farming one best thouraly understand the reason they do they do thing differently than those farming or rasing livestock around them.

Spring Wheat seeding rates in Canda run from 1 to 2.5-bushells an acre depending on variety and latitude. I expect the seeding rate has more lattitude than that. My personal experience with Hard Red Whinter Wheat that has a recimenended planting of 1 bushel to acre (60 pounds) on 7 inch row spacing preformed the same at 48 pounds an acre on 10 inch rows and the drill could be pulled behind aa disk or sweep plow allowing one person to plant 230% more land a day. Farmes also need Algabra, trigonometry, and Geometry to solve that problem and others they will face.

Keep writing.

You were perceptive in the skill differences in the younger and older first people. Those bugging out from the cities aren't prepared to farm or raise livestock either. The knowledwg of those still on the farm or ranch will be extremely valuble.

ja99ja997 months agoAuthor

@Anonymous, and @levitikan, Thank you kindly!

I didn't intentionally assert they could raise a higher density of wheat based on inside knowledge of wheat agriculture. I figured that the additional soil moisture from high rainfall, likely to continue, would increase possible yields, and closely hand-managed agricutlure would generate higher yields, too, though I defer to experts on these things.

Having old-timers (gardening people) around, as well as First Peoples ("indians" in the usa) would know more about ag - cultivation and animal husbandry - than chicago city-folk, yes.

Falstaff60Falstaff607 months ago

Great story. The author has fresh idea and not just the typical slam bam thank you ma'am type of fair. Quickly becoming a favorite.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

A proper, well-written, intelligent, post-apocalypse sci-fi on a smut site!! Who'd have thunk it? Stands comparison with 'proper' sf writers like John Wyndham etc. Very well done.

Nice to get some exposition on Judaism's attitudes, too - too rare, in my experience.

5* don't seem enough, thanks for sharing.

Dixon (UK)

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

"It's probable I have between 1000 and 3000 kids".

Math seems to be not the greatest streng of the MC. 10 years would result in 450 Kids max under the best of circumstances, provided he gets each of his 45 wives pragnent each year, which seems rather unlikely.

That said, I enjoyed the Story very much. Thanks for sharing!

ja99ja996 months agoAuthor

Anonymous, agreed, math here might be suspect. The idea of donating sperm to be used elsewhere is quite viable (don't remember if mentioned) and would result in many more children than immediately obvious. Further, iirc from a college class, with low doses of some fertility drugs the probability of twins is greatly enhanced. So, you're right but there are other ways to make the math work if we don't quite stick to the text. Thank you for the comment! I very much appreciate anything anyone has to say, and it totally delights me that the thing I had as an idea could viably entertain someone, that's pretty cool. Peace out.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Quite likely one of the longest tales I’ve read on literotica, but certainly one the best written tales of post-apocalyptic living.

The character development is excellent and realistic.

ja99ja996 months agoAuthor

Thank you kindly!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Just finished reading this. Most excellent story. A bit of everything. Gets my imagination going...What if.. And, for me personally, and the + in the 5+ score, I hate stories full of spelling and errors in grammar..Very well done.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userja99@ja99
I'm cis-het male, normal guy with a penchant for writing, mostly adventure stories with some sex. Longer form is my preference, not just scenes. Under Fit529 I've set up patreon, and an AO3 account (archiveofourown), and a website (Fit529 Dotcom), and have recently put some ...