Missing - A Chroniclers Tale Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"We can't afford a law firm" Sara's mother gasped, her hand at her chest.

Patrick shook his head, "They bill me and, well, I can easily afford it." He turned to Sara, "I'm not going to sugar coat this, you could very well face some jail time for your part in Davis plan. But my lawyers are very, very good and are going to do their best for you." He looked at Sara's parents, "The media will be all over this once the news breaks. Do not talk to the press, they aren't your friend at the moment. Anyone asks you questions, you refer them to the law firm. One wrong word and it'll be twisted into a pretzel."

"Why are you doing this?" Sara asked, a bit stunned at the turn of events.

"Call me old fashioned or even a neanderthal, but Davis took something from me and I don't take kindly to it. He's only begun to pay me back. His physical discomfort is only the beginning." He took Sara's hands in his, "Because the media will be all over you, I will not be seen with you in public. I cannot afford to have my picture splashed all over the place. There is no discussion on that."

"Is there an us?" she asked hopefully.

"You have issues you need to come to grip with Sara. There are realities of my life that, while you've respected, clouded your judgment. I can see how the public exposure seduced you. If you are with me in the future, I can't be splashed all over social media, not publicly. You are going to have time to think about what kind of life you want to lead."

"I want you" she said quietly, gripping Patrick's hand. "I've never felt so lost as I have for the last few months since this all started."

Patrick looked at his watch "I have to leave, I have a meeting tonight." He stood up and pulled a phone from his back pocket, "This is a burner. There is one number in here and it's the only number you use with this phone. Call it and I'll either answer or call you back."

Sara caught him as he started to the door and wrapped her arms around him, "Don't go, not now."

Patrick held her tightly, "I won't be far away. It's going to be tough on you for a while, but stay strong and you'll come out OK. You can help put Davis where he belongs."

Sara sat in the departure lounge of La Guardia's private terminal tapping away on her phone. She busily updated her Instagram account, letting her followers, mostly family, know she was going to be out of touch for a while. After two years, her passport had been returned and she was free to move around. Patrick was true to his word, he did not abandon her and helped her navigate the last two years of trials and three months in prison.

Jackson Davis did not get off this time. Between the sex corruption trial where Sara was the star witness and his mob racketeering trial, Davis became a guest of the Federal Government for five years and would be a guest of the State of New York for another five. His wealth was gone and his last wife was able to walk away with a healthy pay day before it was all gone. He became a broken man, not just physically, but mentally as well.

Sara looked up and grinned at Patrick as he passed along last minute requests to the flight crew. He never demanded, it was always a request with him.

He walked over and held out his hand, "You ready?"

"How long is the flight?" she asked?

"Sixteen hours or so" he smiled.

She looked at Patrick longingly, "Thank you, for everything."

Patrick shrugged his shoulders, "I protect those I love."