Missing Ch. 51-60

Story Info
Betrayed and Abandoned.
20.6k words
4.86
6.2k
19

Part 6 of the 9 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 01/06/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
partwolf
partwolf
2,312 Followers

Council Fixer Clyde Lassiter's POV

Saint Raymond Pack

Wednesday, April 29, 2020

The cell door slammed closed, locking the last of my prisoners into the dark cell. Saint Raymond was a small Pack, and its prison was a poured concrete building deep in the woods. The silver-coated bars split the sixteen-foot-wide building a third of the way back from the heavy steel door. The rest of the building was a pair of eight by twelve-foot cells. It wasn't much for creature comforts. A cement slab along the back wall with a thin mattress and blanket was the bed. A pair of six-inch-wide holes in the floor led to a septic tank, and if you pulled a handle above it, freezing-cold water sprayed from a nozzle in the ceiling.

I ignored the screams and protests of the three prisoners. They were guilty; shortly after Woods and Argenta died, one of the werewolves at the ambush scene recognized their scents. The cook, we had his picture from the previous arrest. He was the calmest of the three, sitting on his bunk like he didn't believe he would die soon. The two shooters were mates, the male his younger brother. He was pounding on the bars of the cell while she was screaming out creative ways for me to pleasure myself that were physical impossibilities. The guard sprayed them with a hose, driving them back while we locked the outer door. You could still hear them through the roof vents, but only the moon would listen to their cries tonight.

My team followed our host Alpha, Francois Gallaudet, back towards the Pack House. "You did a hell of a thing here, Fixer. When the Council called me about this, I thought it was looking for a needle in a haystack."

"It was, sir. The haystack was tens of thousands of square kilometers of rough territory, but we found a magnet." Technology was our advantage here. We knew that their cook site would have a distinctive infrared signature from all the camp stoves and fires. It took a while, but eventually, we got lucky." Lucky was the operative word. The cook wouldn't be making his product every night, nor would he remain in one place for more than a few days. The whole reason for a mobile lab was to avoid detection. We didn't conduct a simple search; it took about ten days to cover our entire search territory by air. As long as the data showed the cook was in this area of Canada, we'd keep looking.

We backed it up with ground searches and wolf noses. We drove thousands of kilometers in four-wolf teams. Two would stay in the car, pacing the other two a few hundred meters into the woods on each side. It was slow work in the rough terrain, but it let us alternate daytime ground searches with night aircraft flights. We came close once, finding one cook site only a few days after the were-coyotes left.

"How did you finally catch them?"

"Our air search identified a likely target northwest of Lac-aux-Sables, near Chemin Saint-Arnaud. The infrared showed four separate fires and at least five individuals. The spotters called me with the GPS coordinates just after eleven at night. I put together a strike team immediately. I sent one team around to the north, then sent warriors in wolf form through the woods while the armed force came up the road."

The Alpha looked concerned. "The Cartels are violent. Did they fight?"

"Sort of," I said. "The three were-coyotes shifted and ran for the woods, leaving two Cartel guards behind. We took them out quickly; they had no night vision to see us coming since they were sitting by the fire. The coyotes led us on a short chase, but we had the numbers to subdue them. We had them silvered and bound shortly after, and our teams were out of the woods before sunrise."

"What about the cook site?"

"We left the bodies of the guards there with the weapons. We took the torn clothing and backpacks from the cook and his family. We'll call in a tip tomorrow. I believe the rifles will match those used in the attack, so they might even close the investigation into the ambush. The cook will still be at large, but no one will ever see him again."

We were almost out of the woods, the lights of the Pack House up ahead. "You're sure none of this will trace back to us?"

"I've already sent most of my team back to their home Packs. Only two vehicles came here, and we didn't travel together. You're as insulated from this as I could make it."

"Good. Come on in; my mate says the Council wants to speak to us as soon as possible." I followed the sixty-year-old Alpha to his office, and we made the call over a secure line. I took five minutes to fill the Chairman in on everything that had happened. "What are your orders, sir? Should I send all the Enforcers back to headquarters?"

"No," Chairman Sanders replied. "Francois, could we impose on your Pack to host the Council and a few dozen guests for the trial and executions of our prisoners?"

"Of course, Mr. Chairman," the Alpha replied. "When can we expect you?"

"Friday night," he replied. "We'll do the trial on Saturday. I'll leave it up to Chairman Burns to select seven Alphas for a jury." Jacob Burns was the Chairman of Eastern Canada. By rights, the trial should be in Maine or West Virginia, but we couldn't risk moving the prisoners over the border. The aggrieved parties would have to come here.

"Fixer Lassiter, you will coordinate security with Alpha Gallaudet. Once we arrive, I have a specific task for you and Enforcer Emily Jones."

"What do you need, sir?"

"Bonnie Woods will be there for the trial and punishment. By werewolf law, I cannot ban her from the trial of her mate's killers. We both know she's not exactly a fan of the Council or our Enforcers." THAT was an understatement. She wouldn't piss on the Chairman if he were on fire. "I'll talk to Alpha Anthony and make it clear they are responsible for her actions. They'll have to order her wolf to hold back. You two will be the backup plan if she breaks Alpha command. One of you will always be nearby, armed with silver restraints and pistols, ready to step in to protect us all. No matter what it takes, Fixer Lassiter."

"I understand, sir." Bonnie was already hanging onto her sanity by a thread. If she broke command, she would be a rogue and a danger to everyone.

I hoped it wouldn't come to that. Bonnie deserved to die on her own terms, not at my hand.

Ch. 52

Bonnie Woods' POV

QC-367, West of Quebec City, Canada

Friday, May 1, 2020

I started becoming more aware of my surroundings as I came out of my sleep. The road vibration told me we were at highway speed. The patter of rain and whisk-whisk of wiper blades told me it was raining hard. The radio told me Luna Adrienne had control of the car stereo. I burrowed into Sally's shoulder, enjoying the comfort of my mother-in-law's arm around me.

Now there you go again, you say you want your freedom

Well, who am I to keep you down?

It's only right that you should play the way you feel it

But listen carefully to the sound of your loneliness

Stevie Nicks was talking to me through the song. I'd been so focused on my revenge that I hadn't thought about what was next for me. I'd sworn to get them, but I'd also told my mate that I would move on and live without him. I wanted my freedom from this empty life. I couldn't stand the sound of my loneliness.

Like a heartbeat, drives you mad

In the stillness of remembering what you had

And what you lost

Of what you had

And what you lost

Tears came forward with the memories. Road trips with no destination, not caring because we had each other. Cuddling up under a blanket on the hanging patio chair, drinking coffee, and watching the sunrise over the lake. Reuniting after his long deployments, spending days in bed catching up. All the things that were gone now, the memories too fresh and painful.

Thunder only happens when it's raining

The Gods have a sense of humor. As soon as she finished that line, there was a flash of lightning I could sense through my eyelids, followed a second later by a loud crash of thunder. "That was too close," Leo said.

"You can quit pretending to sleep," Sally said. "I can hear your heart racing."

I sat up, wiping the drool off the corner of my mouth. "Where are we?"

"Five minutes away," Leo replied. "Did you enjoy your nap?"

"It was good. I always sleep better after a good meal." Leo had stopped a few hours ago at the Rotisserie St. Hubert in Saint-Georges, not long after crossing the Canadian border. He was always searching for new barbecue styles, and this place was known for the Piri-Piri sauce on its chicken. The sauce was based on an African Birdseye pepper and was popularly known as "Portuguese Chicken." It was tasty, not overly hot, and I could still taste the rib sauce on my lips.

I didn't need to mention that I was still having trouble sleeping for more than a few hours. I'm sure the juvenile wolves sharing my bed at night reported to my Alphas, and Leo and Adrienne kept up with my progress. They'd flown out to Baxter after Sean's killers got captured. They didn't bring Sharkbait along because of school and because this wasn't a social visit.

Alpha Anthony and Luna Pamela had flown there Thursday for meetings with the Council. I didn't want to be near those bastards longer than necessary, and Leo understood. I was ready to go up alone, but the Alphas didn't like that idea. Leo and Luna Adrienne quickly volunteered to drive us to the Saint Raymond Pack.

Leo looked in the mirror at me. "Bonnie, we all know how tough this stay will be for you. Let your Alpha handle the Council; the less interaction you have with them and their enforcers, the better. We need you to stay under control and take care of business. As soon as Sean's killers are dead, we'll take you home."

"Alpha Anthony already put me under command," I replied. "I'll behave. I don't want anything to stop me from tasting their blood."

"You stay with us tomorrow," Leo said evenly. "That's as much for your protection as theirs."

We arrived at the turnoff for the Pack, and Leo checked in with the Council Enforcer on guard duty. We drove about a mile before arriving at a clearing and parking in front of the Pack House. Thankfully, the rain had passed when we got out. "Welcome to the Saint Raymond Pack," Alpha Francois Gallaudet said as Leo and Adrienne walked up the stairs.

"Thank you for hosting us," Leo replied as they shook hands. "Chairman Sanders, Chairman Burns," he said as he bowed slightly to them. Interestingly, he didn't shake hands. "It's been a long drive. We plan to retire early, unless we are needed for something else tonight."

"There is an informal reception for the Alpha pairs in the dining room, plus Betas and below are having an informal party in the recreation room downstairs," Alpha Francois replied. "Perhaps you can make an appearance?"

After what happened at the Alpha Summit a few months ago, hanging out with the Council Chairmen would suck. I was glad I was below Beta level. "I'll pay my respects after settling my people down for the night."

Omegas came out to get our luggage as our greeters returned inside. Two men took the Alpha luggage and left with them, while a female took my parents.

A young woman came out to get me. She was a ranked wolf with an intriguing scent around her. She carried herself like a warrior, her eyes seeking out mine. She looked down first, acknowledging I was the superior wolf. "I'm your roommate, Council Enforcer Emily Jones."

"Roommate?" I wasn't up for sharing with a stranger, much less an Enforcer.

"Things are a little tight in the Pack House, so we've had to double up rooms. Single female wolves have to share a room so the mated couples can have their privacy."

"I understand." I followed her into the Pack House, making our way past all the people. "Were you one of the Enforcers at the Alpha Summit?"

"No, I was helping Fixer Lassiter. We missed you in Miesville by a few hours. I heard what happened, and I'm sorry it went down that way. Your Pack wasn't happy with us."

"What are you doing here?"

"I've been here since the start of the search, and the Council had us stay on to provide security for this gathering."

I bet. Emily was my roommate for a reason. I could live with that since she hadn't been at the Summit and had caught Sean's killers. "And I'm the security risk you're assigned to monitor?"

She blushed as she started down the stairs. "It's just a precaution. I've heard a lot about you; if you want a spar, I'm game." Ordinarily, I'd jump at the chance, but I didn't want anyone to see my scarred back.

Downstairs, a rowdy party was going on in the rec room. Some of the males smiled at her and offered drinks. She waved her way past them. "You're welcome to join them if you want. Everyone is blowing off steam unless they are on duty tonight."

My wolf was on alert, taking in all the scents. I stayed alert for threats as I walked through the crowd. After all, some Enforcers hated me, and many of the wolves didn't trust me. We made our way through a door to the women's wing, then down the hallway to a bedroom. The bedroom was maybe eight by twelve feet, with a small bathroom with a shower at the far end. "Your bunk is by the window."

It wasn't much; the twin bed probably belonged to one of the Pack Omegas, and the cots had been in a storage room until recently. "It will do," I said. "I'm going to shower and hit the rack."

Fifteen minutes later, my head was on the pillow. Emily was reading something on her phone while she sat on her bunk. I was asleep minutes later.

I woke up and looked at my phone; it was three in the morning. Emily was sleeping, as was the Omega whose room it was. I knew I wouldn't sleep again for a while, so I dressed silently and slipped out. A few Omegas were cleaning up the rec room after the party, and I nodded at them as I walked by. I made my way upstairs and out the back of the Pack House.

I knew I'd picked up a tail as an Enforcer peeled off from his position to follow me. I headed into the woods, quickly shedding my clothes and shifting. Stretching out my legs and back, then heading north, I kept my sensitive nose up and took in the scents. I picked out one that intrigued me and followed it.

I turned onto a trail and picked up speed. The scent was old and mixed with dozens of others, including were-coyotes. I went into a sprint as I heard my minder try to catch up.

No one would catch me, and I could still run for days.

It didn't last long. Two burly Enforcers, armed with pistols and stun guns, blocked me from the concrete building ahead. "STOP AND SHIFT," one commanded.

My minder blocked my escape as he fought to catch his breath. I shifted, tossing my hair over my shoulder. "They are here," I stated.

"You cannot be here, Master Tracker. This man will escort you back to the Pack House."

"I'll see them in the morning, then." I turned, hearing them gasp as they saw the mess that was my back. Shifting back into my wolf, I ran back towards the Pack House. I found another trail, and this time I was escorted by one of the Saint Raymond trackers. He was young and fast and thrilled to be running with 'the legend' on a perimeter check. It was a hard ninety-minute run, enough to let me fall asleep for another hour before breakfast.

I joined my parents in the dining hall, filling my plate with biscuits and gravy plus a large orange juice. I raised an eyebrow when all of the Alphas in the room got up and left. "What's going on," I sent to Alpha Anthony.

"The Council needs to speak with us immediately," he said.

They were gone for fifteen minutes. I noticed that four Enforcers, including one I recognized as Council Fixer Lassiter, had moved to within ten feet of me as we waited. Alpha Anthony wasn't replying to me, and even Luna Adrienne didn't know what was going on.

Finally, the doors opened, and our men returned. Chairman Sanders waited until everyone was sitting before he addressed the crowd. "The Council Trial scheduled for this morning is canceled. The Council has released the three prisoners." Shock and outrage engulfed the room.

I saw red as I jumped up from my seat. Strong arms grabbed me from behind as I stood up, lifting me off my feet and carrying me towards the wall. Two Enforcers readied silver chains for me. "Don't do it," Lassiter growled into my ear. "Don't give them the fucking excuse they need to kill you."

I somehow calmed enough for him to set me down. He kept his arms around me, his head on my shoulder. I couldn't figure out why my wolf was so passive when I wanted to rip the Chairman into itsy-bitsy pieces.

It took a minute before the Chairman restored order in the room. "All guests can depart when ready. Your Alphas can explain the reasons after you leave."

Ch. 53

Council Fixer Clyde Lassiter's POV

Saint Raymond Pack House, Quebec, Canada

Friday, May 1, 2020

I was finishing up some security arrangements when I got the call to see Chairman Sanders. Excusing myself from the group stuffed into the Pack security center, I walked through the Pack House to the Alpha's offices. The Council had set up in his conference room. "I'm here, Mr. Chairman," I said as I stood outside the door.

"Enter." I opened the door, bowing my head to the occupants around the table. The entire Council was here, along with Alpha Anthony McInnis of the Baxter Pack in Maine. "Fixer Lassiter, we expect Alpha Leo to arrive with Bonnie Woods in the next hour. What is your plan to ensure she doesn't cause trouble?"

I looked over at Alpha Anthony. "You've placed her under Alpha Command?"

"Of course, Fixer. She's also going to be surrounded by people she trusts."

I let out a breath. "Mr. Chairman, you are correct in addressing the threat from her. She is not Alpha level dominance, but Bonnie is highly trained and lethal. Her skills allow her to punch well above her weight, and she won't care if she dies trying. She proved that at the Summit."

"She shouldn't be anywhere near us if she is that dangerous," Chairman Burns said.

"Her mate was killed by those coyotes. We cannot deny her vengeance," Alpha Anthony replied. "She swore an oath to avenge her mate. It's better for everyone if she does that and moves on."

"She will be here," Chairman Sanders stated, "So we need to plan for any outburst."

I chose my words carefully. "I don't expect any trouble tonight, or during the trial. Bonnie knows that if she misbehaves, she could lose the chance to have her revenge. The promise of their neck between her teeth should keep her and her wolf in line for now. I've modified the housing plan to put Enforcer Emily Jones in her room."

"She won't like being with an enforcer," Anthony objected.

"Emily was with me at Miesville when things went down with the Council, and she's been here on the search. That common experience, plus Emily's personality, is what I'm counting on to keep her close. Emily will report to me and three other Council Enforcers assigned to watch her. I'm also doubling the guard on the Pack Prison. It's the only target she'd break command to go after."

"And if she breaks Alpha Command?"

I hoped not. "The only way to break Alpha command is to leave the Pack. If she goes rogue, she presents a grave threat to the Council and the Pack. We'll be ready to put her down hard if that happens."

Chairman Sanders nodded, then looked at the others for any questions. There were none. "Let's hope that isn't necessary. Fixer Lassiter, I will notify you when Alpha Leo has arrived. The rest of you, try not to aggravate Alpha Leo and Luna Adrienne. I don't believe either of them have gotten over their trial and what happened to the Miesville Pack or Bonnie. The last thing I need is an Alpha Challenge."

partwolf
partwolf
2,312 Followers