Mizrah's Ladder Ch. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The door at the end of the hallway opens, and the small girl's shadow looms large, her footfalls eerily quiet...barely disturbing the dusty floor - how does she do that? She stops in the dark behind you; your hyper-tuned senses pick up on the movements of her clothing, of her arms crossing...she smells like juniper berries and...something savory and spiced, akin to curry. Better than Charys, who stinks of tobacco and sweat. "'Sup?" Mala's eyes are upon you...it's not the same as Yusuf's smoldering gaze, but you feel her eyes dance over your shoulders and neck.

"Take her to West Cardiff. Show her the Impact Zone." Charys stands...it feels like she's giving you permission to do so as well, a vexing and embittering thought; you remain seated out of spite.

"Out there - Charys, seriously?" Mala doesn't hide that she's taken aback, hovering protectively near you - you never noticed her moving. "That place is thick with Wretched

"So go quietly. That's your specialty, and clearly hers." Somehow that feels like a jab on Charys' part.

The impulse to argue comes and goes; no...no. You would hold your tongue this time, be wary and wise with your words; Mala sympathizes with you, and you're not foolish enough to alienate her when you could learn from her...let her get comfortable and drop her guard.

Charys leaves you with her packmate. The pretty girl glides around, into your field of vision, hands on her hips, taking you in. Neither of you say anything as you size each other up. She has a cool demeanor about her, but it doesn't feel like Charys', the cracked surface of an icy lake. She's careful and restrained; her movements remind you of some long-legged, iridescent tropical insect, stalking light-footed through an urban landscape in which she didn't belong.

She holds out a delicate hand for you to take...smaller than yours, her nails are painted with black and white stripes that remind you of some confection. "Come on. Let's get this over with." Mala offers you a lopsided, encouraging smile. "We can get ice cream after."

...what are you, a little kid?

You answer with a cutting stare, heavy with distrust and skepticism, but place your fingers in hers as she pulls you to rise, and set out to West Cardiff.