Mob Myths 03

Story Info
Arnold and Bugsy.
764 words
3.6
2.4k
5

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/19/2023
Created 05/17/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
lash2718r
lash2718r
206 Followers

Mob Myths 3: Arnold and Benny

These stories are a possible history told in the reverse of the Elliott Roosevelt model; the main characters are fictional, but the side characters are historical. In this series, Moe and Sadie Bernstein are fictional. Actual mob members include Arnold Rothstein, Meyer Lansky, "Lucky" Luciano, Benny "Bugsy" Siegel, and "Dutch" Schultz. I have tried to at no point to have a plot point contradict known history, but where the history is disputed or unknown, I feel free to give my own possibility.

1. Manhattan 1928, Arnold's Palm

Once a soldier, always a soldier. I am Moe Bernstein. I just got out of the peacetime army in 1927. I had a marksman ribbon on my uniform. It didn't mean much. I was better than half the guys in my division, but barely. I wasn't beating Annie Oakley. My boss, Dutch Schultz, said for the soldiering we did, the upper half was good enough.

Dutch caught me cleaning my ammunition. "Why are you doing that?"

"Just don't want any accuracy errors."

"I expect you to be close enough that accuracy won't be a problem, but infection is a good thing in our business. Keep it dirty. That's good for jokes and ammunition. Your guy is Arnold Rothstein. I know it's starting at the top. But my Atlantic City client, Nucky, hates him. I think it is only because Arnold is more successful than him. My Chicago customer, Al, hates him for what he did to the White Sox, fixing the World Series. I don't care why as long as their money is good. He will be at the Park Central Hotel for a business meeting."

I needed two things, cover and a distraction that could place him in the right place. My girlfriend Sadie is a world class distraction, at least for guys. Fortunately the Park Central has potted palms all over the place. I moved one into the right position.

Dutch was right, the infection killed him. I've since read that Arnold started omertà, the code of silence, because he never named his killer. Dutch was just starting to make a name in the business. I was so low on the totem pole, Arnold certainly didn't know me. He couldn't name the shooter.

2. Las Vegas1947, Call me Benny

"Call me Benny said the legend, just like the start of Moby Dick. You get a nickname you hate, and forever you have to tell people how to refer to you."

"I, Moe Bernstein, am working directly for Meyer Lansky now. Lucky Luciano is enjoying his retirement in Italy. The "excitement" of working for Dutch ended, when Dutch died of work related lead poisoning in 1935. Where was OSHA when you needed them. For long and not necessarily unrelated service, Meyer is rewarding my wife, Sadie, and me with a "working vacation" in Las Vegas. Even though our work was centered on the Flamingo, Meyer was not paying their price. We were in a cheap motel on the strip. Sadie is thrilled to meet the handsomest man in the business. Less so for me."

Meyer was getting impatient for the money Benny Siegel owed. Benny's suite at the Flamingo is better protected than Fort Knox. Meyer needed to know when and where Benny would be in another place.

Sadie was thrilled to be invited to the owner's table for the Flamingo show and dinner. Somehow her husband wasn't given a dinner invitation. Sadie and another gorgeous wife were seated on either side of Benny. My dinner was with some people we met at the pool in the motel that afternoon. The three course dinner and the show at the Flamingo cost $4. After the show, I returned to the motel. Sadie remained, vying with the other wife for Benny's attention.

"I am relieved that you are back before midnight. I was sure Benny wanted to keep you longer, like all night."

"I was there to do a job. As usual, it was completely innocent. There was another married lady who was heading east with her husband tomorrow. Benny felt that would be a simpler situation. I'm insulted he chose that way. He said he would see me when she left. That will be the day. I don't give seconds."

"When this is over, and we return to Brooklyn, we will discuss firsts."

"Anyway I have news. Tell Meyer we're also headed east. Benny is going to Virginia."

"I will tell Meyer we are going west. Virginia is Bugsy's girlfriend. She lives in Los Angeles."

Bugsy was assassinated in Los Angeles.

lash2718r
lash2718r
206 Followers