Mob Myths 02

Story Info
Going Dutch.
1k words
3.7
4.7k
7

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/19/2023
Created 05/17/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
lash2718r
lash2718r
205 Followers

Mob Myths 2: Going Dutch

These stories are a possible history told in the reverse of the Elliott Roosevelt model; the main characters are fictional, but the side characters are historical. In this series, Moe and Sadie Bernstein are fictional. Actual mob members include Arnold Rothstein, Meyer Lansky, "Lucky" Luciano, Benny "Bugsy" Siegel, and "Dutch" Schultz. I have tried to at no point to have a plot point contradict known history, but where the history is disputed or unknown, I feel free to give my own possibility.

I was surprised that in my "Mob Myths I" story that some readers thought that Sadie intended to cheat on Moe. In my opinion, Sadie is indeed a natural flirt. But her flirting is mainly done in order to get what she wants accomplished. Besides the fact that cheating on a man with Moe's abilities can be unhealthy, I believe that she loves him and wants to be faithful. That being said, I understand that flirting can get out of the control of the flirter. Of course readers can have a different opinion.

Part I: Brooklyn 1935, Do we Dewey?

I'm crossing the Brooklyn bridge in my Packard. My name is Moe Bernstein, and I am a middle manager for the most respected firm in our field. I usually don't like to drive in Manhattan, but I have a dinner date with my wife Sadie at Luchow's on 14th street. While my second favorite thing to do with my wife is dinner at a great restaurant, I wasn't thrilled with this assignation. My boss, Dutch Schultz, had asked Sadie to scope out a job for our firm, and I was getting a progress report. I am unhappy about this for two reasons. First, I don't want Sadie within miles of our firm, and not only because she might find out how much harder women's work is than my job. Second, our best customers, Lucky Luciano and Meyer Lansky, told Dutch not to do this. Isn't the customer always right?

Luchow's garden cafe was stunning. You could tell as Sadie arrived her usual 15 minutes late, that she was impressed. I was impressed with the way the cranberry dressing set off the schnitzel.

"How is your assignment coming, Sadie? Did you see the U. S. Attorney yet?"

"He is the most annoying person I have ever met. I have never been more insulted."

"Tom Dewey, the man on the wedding cake, insulted you? This I have to hear."

"When I went into his office, as he took my hand, I accidentally brushed some other parts of my body against him. He gently pushed me off. I offered him some other delights, but was ignored."

"This is a business dinner Sadie, so we won't discuss the other delights today, but we will. Count on it."

"Anyhow, no matter what I tried, he wouldn't make a date with me. This is the first time since puberty that happened. So my mission failed. I am incredibly angry. Would you let me hire you for a side job of what you are the best in your profession."

"Sorry Sadie there are several reasons I won't take your job. First how will I get paid?"

"There's plenty of money in the checking account."

"So you are paying me with my own money, great."

"What else can a wife do?"

"Second, my employer Murder Incorporated frowns on side jobs. But third, my love, while

there are some things I would do for you that would make me go against Lucky and Meyer;

I won't do this because Tom Dewey treated you like a lady."

Part II: Brooklyn 1935, Going Dutch

"I hate being recruited. I'm Moe Bernstein, a higher up in the most respected firm in our field. Once you get a certain reputation, the only people who deal with you have similar reputations. The only thing I hate more is when they recruit my wife, Sadie. My boss, Dutch Schultz, seems to think Sadie has unique skills. I don't want Sadie anywhere near our firm, not only because I don't want her to know how little work I actually do. This time it's not Dutch recruiting. Our best customers, Lucky Luciano and Meyer Lansky want me. One thing, when Lucky wants to talk, you have to listen.

Lucky started the sales talk.

"Have you considered working for yourself. Meyer and I are always happy to invest in startups that have a brilliant executive."

"Lucky, I really appreciate the applesauce. I also know what's happening. You think Dutch is unstable and has become a dangerous liability. You want me to eliminate the problem. I will need to think this out. You will get my answer in 48 hours." It was a short meeting.

To say I was conflicted is an understatement. Dutch brought me into the business. He is my first and only boss. I owe him. There's however a negative side. Against my objections, Dutch keeps bringing Sadie into my jobs. I know his interest is more than professional.

When I got home, Sadie had news.

"Dutch called me. He wants to discuss an individual job. He wants to meet me alone at a Newark deli. I am going to tell him that you have to be in the meeting."

"I am enjoying your loyalty. I had a business decision to make. Dutch just made it for me. You will take that private meeting. We will discuss how it will go. First I need to make a phone call."

Lucky got his answer in 4 hours.

"Sadie, you know Dutch's pitch will be more personal than professional. Dutch is crude. He will claim that you have to meet him in the men's room for privacy. You are great at the feminine practice of resisting, while showing interest. Part of your resistance, will be cleanliness. You will eventually go with him to the lavatory, but insist that he enters the cubicle first to make sure it was clean. When he goes in, you leave. I will have a man in the hall and a car to take you home."

When Dutch entered the cubicle, I was waiting. When I left the deli, I was a franchise owner under Lucky and Meyer.

lash2718r
lash2718r
205 Followers