All Comments on 'Model Cars'

by AnotherChapter

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
OvercriticalOvercriticalover 3 years ago
Neat!

Not sure where the romance is in this story. Trent and Rita did have a two or three paragraph romance, but this was mainly about their romance with MONEY. It was a wildly successful romance, but that was where the emphasis was. And if you look at it that way this was a very neat story indeed. Everything worked out beautifully including their being able to avoid the effects of the 2008-2014 Great Recession. Anticipating the impact of the subprime real estate market and the complete inability of the Obama team to handle it made this family very wealthy. Shows the impact of the free market on smart people and vice versa. A good read indeed. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Overcritical gave you 5*!

I’m not sure I’d be happy with it, though.

We already know he is a racist (trashed a story because it featured a Latino/white couple) and now he trashes Obama (who lead the country through eight years of steady growth.) Maybe if he went to “collage” he’d learn more.

As to my thoughts about the story: a fairly boring description of someone making money and then more money. There was no real romantic tension between him and her, just a description of how they met, married and made money. There was more passion talking about the father-in-law. Typos, misspellings and poor use of pronouns were also distracting. An editor would be a great thing to consider for any future endeavors.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Well done.

First, the story—good development of both characters and the story line itself. The writing is generally smooth. The moral issues are handled well, with standards and human flaws presented in a realistic state of tension.

Next, to the commenter who tossed out a trumpenproletariat jab at President Obama—You clearly don't remember that the crisis erupted under the prior administration, that the Secretaries of the Treasury under both Bush and Obama fully agreed on the bailout plan, and that a Republican Congress blocked efforts to stimulate the economy. Nonetheless, there was a steady, albeit slow, recovery during the Obama presidency. It would have been faster and stronger in the absence of ideological interference and footdragging.

clearedtofuckclearedtofuckover 3 years ago
Nicely done

An excellent story that proves the real romance is in the story. It is not necessary to spend paragraph after paragraph detailing the sex act. While I like that, from time to time, it would only detract and cheapen this beautiful story.

burningloveburningloveover 3 years ago

This romance made my day! Well written and a subject I didn't think could be used so well in a romance.

I remember in 1996 going to a used parts junkyard and being overwhelmed by their online (via modem)

network of auto parts junk yards.Who knew what it would evolve into ?

Congratulations on your effort!

Burninglovr

burningloveburningloveover 3 years ago

I just read the comments before mine. Ignore them! Come on - It's just a story, written by a person trying to tell a story - with a historical significance.

Rant elsewhere - please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
You have talent

It will take more work, so try to do a story that doesn't require the leads to have millions. They are still in the minority in this world and not easy to relate too!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great story.

Well thought out escape to a wishful life and a happy ever after love story.

Write some more stories for us to enjoy

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
It's ok

Fiction requires unrealistic situations.

A good story.

Cheers

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 3 years ago

Now, THAT was pure

reading fun!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I love it

No more need to be said!

BriteaseBriteaseover 3 years ago
5 stars

Not just because the classic cars either, which are also my love. Swop the jag XKE (E- type where I live) for an XK 140, the 964 for a 365, the Lincoln for a Citroen DS21 Pallas, and the Roller for a Bentley Mk 6, and we’re not far out, but that (plus an MGA) is my lot. They do cost money though don’t they!

FranxmiffFranxmiffover 3 years ago

Bravo...I really enjoy your work, so keep 'em coming. Pay no attention to gutless anonymous flamers, they obviously can't write, or they would!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
GREAT....................................................................

Got a little boring hearing how awesome Trent was. I think you could have fleshed out the Rita character a whole lot more. Glad to see you made it through the story without turning her into a whore.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Mostly excellent writing

Would be nice to introduce some stress; Mark's negativism wasn't quite enough. And despite mostly excellent vocabulary and grammar, the consistent "I" vs. "me" errors are distressing. Examples:

leaving Gerald and I alone with the two girls.

I don't want this unpleasantness between Mark and I to cause issues

hawken50chawken50cabout 3 years ago

Great story I rate a 5

dbrok1dbrok1about 3 years ago

I have sat and read your entire catalogue. Absolutely excellent. Enjoyed the stories, enjoyed the characters. More power to you sir! Please persist!

LeFrog08LeFrog08about 3 years ago

Great stuff, well written

with interesting characters.

5*

RRC2RRC2about 3 years ago

Excellent story and writing. Very entertaining and i.have no interest model and classic cars,

THANKS

Diecast1Diecast1over 2 years ago

A very good story, love it. AAAAAA++++++

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyabout 2 years ago

Sweet story! Very enjoyable read! Thank-you

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Should've taken an English course at collage.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt11 months ago

I think I need to start model building, again, soon. Not that I'll change careers - I'm retired, but models are fun! Great read!

tsgtcapttsgtcapt10 months ago

Another read through - still a great read!! Thank you!

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman9 months ago

2nd reading for me and this is a good-great "feel good" story about lives well lived and correct morals.

WisquejacWisquejac7 months ago

Good writing. Just finished all the stories here. Thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAnotherChapter@AnotherChapter
Dear Readers, Just submitted another LW tale for your appraisal, but the gurus of Literotica have returned it to me. Why i am not sure, and i won’t waste much effort trying to decipher their motives. Maybe it is a timely hint that it is indeed appropriate for me to get back ...

story TAGS

SIMILAR Stories

Goin' Fishin' 
4.81
2.3k
589
The Unicorn 
4.84
1.9k
624
Irish Eyes 
4.82
3.5k
792
Let Go 
4.7
1.6k
847
More Stories