Modern Somali Mythology Ch. 08

Story Info
Somali Muslim man marries a female Djinn.
4k words
3.7k
00
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Samuelx
Samuelx
2,137 Followers

The Djinn are mysterious creatures from pre-Islamic Arabian mythology, and they are found in the myths and legends of Arabia, Persia and even the Horn of Africa. The Djinn are neither fully flesh nor fully spirit, and ride the fence between the mundane and the supernatural, existing somewhere between the Angels and the Humans. The Djinn have free will, just like humans do, and are capable of great goodness, and the most wicked of evils. Fear only one thing, in all there is, dear friend, fear the Djinn...

The powers of a Djinn depends on his or her disposition, and also, what manner of Djinn one is dealing with. There are pious Djinn, who follow the rules and tenets of the Most High to a higher degree of dedication than most mortal Muslims. There are also certain Djinn who are so evil that the Devil of Christian lore pales by comparison. A Djinn is basically nothing to fuck with, no matter who you are. A certain African Muslim brother with a taste for exotic women should have heeded that lesson...

Once upon a time in the City of Mogadishu, Somalia, there lived a Somali Muslim gentleman named Mosul Abdullahi. He was a wealthy and powerful merchant, and his parents encouraged him to marry, though none of the lovely Somali Muslim ladies whom he saw daily in his hometown touched his heart. What's a brother to do under those circumstances? One day, while visiting the City of Sana'a, Yemen, Mosul Abdullahi met a lovely young Arabian woman named Rana Al-Muflehi, and he was so taken with her beauty and feistiness that he sought her hand in marriage.

In sharp contrast to numerous African and Arabian nations in the region, Somalis and Yemenis have always had excellent relations. There is much trade and even intermarrying between the two adjacent cultures. The Gulf of Aden separates the Yemeni mainland from Somalia proper, but the people are quite close. There are many Somalis living in the nation of Yemen, and there are many Yemenis living in the nation of Somalia. Mosul thought nothing of visiting the cities of Yemen for reasons of pleasure, since he's a wealthy Somali man with money to spend...

Mosul Abdullahi's trip to Yemen left him a changed man, and for one reason above all others. Mosul was quite taken with the lovely Rana and asked around the City of Sana'a, wondering whom her parents might be, since he wanted to discuss certain matters with them. Information about the Al-Muflehi clan seemed scarce, much to Mosul's dismay. What's an amorous brother to do? In Muslim society, a young man who wishes to marry a particular lady must approach her parents and gain their blessing, and only then will be allowed to proceed. Otherwise, there will be blood...

"Fair maiden, you look like the Angels of Jannah itself, who is thy father? I want to speak to him," Mosul told Rana Al-Muflehi, when he spotted her at the marketplace, one fine day in downtown Sana'a. Rana looked Mosul up and down and smiled coyly before answering him. She wore a long crimson and gold robe, with a bright red Hijab, and looked both beautiful and regal. Surely such a lovely lady must be a daughter of the Yemeni nobility, and Mosul would have paid any bride price to have her as his wife...

When Mosul looked at Rana Al-Muflehi, it was not merely her beauty or obvious intelligence which mesmerized him. The lady carried herself like a princess from The Thousand And One nights, yet did so without arrogance. Rana was a mystery, much more so than the average woman, and Mosul does love a good mystery. He'd studied at the best schools and knew both the science of man, and the holy Abrahamic texts, by heart. Rana mystified Mosul, and made him want her more...

"Mosul, my handsome friend, you flatter me, my father is long gone, and I am alone in this world," Rana said earnestly, and Mosul gasped in shock, not believing his luck. A lot of African men find Arabian women beautiful, but there is usually an obstacle to their union. Arab parents, especially fathers, have nightmares about their precious Arab daughters being with African men. A strong bias against African people runs at the very core of Arabian societies, and this bias is nothing new. It is as old as the world itself...

One often wonders where the animosity that some Arabian cultures have for Africans comes from. In the ancient world, King Taharqa of Nubia conquered ancient Egypt and proved himself a fair and just ruler. In ancient times, Arabs and Africans have been allies, and at times, they've been pitted against one another. For example, some Arab kingdoms enslaved Africans long before the first European colonial ever thought of doing so. The history of conflict between African and Arab runs deep, but must there be conflict between the two? Mosul Abdullahi of Somalia sincerely hopes not.

"Rana, lovely lady, I am sorry to hear this, please dine with me," Mosul offered, and Rana smilingly acquiesced. The two of them dined in a nice restaurant owned by Dahir Alwan, a Djiboutian Muslim expatriate living in the downtown Sana'a area, and got to know each other better. Rana seemed fond of Djiboutian cuisine, much to Mosul's delight. As Mosul spoke to Rana, he found himself marveling at her. The young Arabian beauty spoke many languages, and seemed ladylike and articulate, a lady of fine breeding.

Mosul Abdullahi understood that Rana's parents were gone, but some of her story didn't make much sense to the Somali merchant. Rana is beautiful and intelligent, surely the young men of Sana'a must be clamoring to seek her hand in marriage? In what country do beautiful young women remain unmarried? Mosul has traveled a great deal, and has done business with Indian traders from Kerala, India, and Persian salesmen and many others. In every country, a beautiful woman is a rare treasure, one which many men risk their lives...

"I make my own way in this world, Mosul, I am not beholden to man and his rules," Rana told him, as he inquired about her prospects. A lot of men are intimidated by a haughty, headstrong woman but not Mosul. He likes strong women with feisty demeanors and smart mouths. Strong women intimidate weak men, and Mosul is not weak by any stretch of the imagination. Mosul was smitten with Rana, and wanted to claim her as his own. With no parents to get in the way, how could he fail in this endeavor?

"Rana, I find you beautiful and smart, and I would have you as my wife, if you accept me, you will make me the most blessed man under the Most High," Mosul said firmly, looking right at her. Rana looked at Mosul and smiled, then linked her hands with his. Mosul bent down and kissed Rana's hand, and just like that, the matter was decided. Five days later, at the local mosque, Imam Faisal Bin Maher pronounced Mosul Abdullahi and Rana husband and wife. The happy couple honeymooned in metropolitan Sana'a for ten days, and then returned to the City of Mogadishu, Somalia.

"I cannot get enough of you," Mosul said to Rana, as they lay in bed together, during their first night back in Somalia. Rana looked at Mosul, this handsome, generous Somali man who treated her like a queen. The tall, curvaceous, bronze-skinned and dark-haired, brown-eyed Arabian lady lay stark naked on the bed, and basked in the glow of her husband's loving gaze. Rana has always been lusted after, by both men and women, and Mosul truly loved her...

"Show me how much you love me," Rana whispered, and Mosul kissed his wife passionately, then made love to her. Mosul kissed Rana's lips, and caressed her throat before sucking on her nipples. Rana sighed happily as her husband began making love to her. The Djinn are a passionate bunch, as enamored of sex in all of its diversity and variety as the most lustful of mortals. When Mosul buried his face between Rana's legs and inhaled her feminine scent, she grinned, loving what he was doing to her.

"You are divine," Mosul said, causing Rana to giggle, as he ate her pussy, sucking on her clit and fingering her. Rana opened her thick sexy legs to Mosul, loving the feel of his tongue and fingers in her sweet spot. Mosul definitely knew his way around the female body, and Rana likes that in a man. Mosul lapped away at Rana's pussy like a thirsty nomad finding an oasis under the desert sun, eliciting happy moans and squeals from her. When Rana came, she shrieked wildly, shuddering as a wicked orgasm rocked her body. Mosul had taken her to nirvana, and then some...

"Take me," Rana demanded, as Mosul continued to make love to her. The tall, dark-skinned Somali merchant marveled at his gorgeous wife as she got on all fours, her bronzed, curvaceous body so enticing. Rana shook that big bronze butt of hers for Mosul, causing him to grin while stroking his long and thick, dark member. With a swift thrust, Mosul entered Rana, burying himself in her pussy. Joined at last, they melted into one another...

Rana and Mosul made passionate love for hours, and the next day, they lay in bed, talking and feeding each other grapes. Mosul even introduced Rana to Khat, which she liked more than shisha. The young Arabian woman was loving it in Somalia, and she surprised her new husband by how fluently she spoke the guttural but beautiful Somali language. Mosul marveled at Rana, his wonderful new bride, who was full of surprises.

"I thank Jannah for sending you on my path," Mosul told Rana, as they went for a walk around Mogadishu. Mosul Abdullahi considered himself a very fortunate man, for he's an African Muslim man lucky enough to have a beautiful Arabian lady as his wife. Rana was smart and beautiful, but although Mosul cherished her, he had no idea how special she truly was. Mosul knew Rana had led an extraordinary life and was full of secrets, but truth be told, what woman isn't a mystery?

What Mosul Abdullahi ignored was the true nature of the woman sharing his bed and his life. He thought of Rana as a woman of mystery. Truth be told, she isn't even human. Rana is a Djinn, but not just any Djinn. She is one of the Si'lat, known to be talented shape-shifters. The Djinn walk among humans, disguised as ordinary men and women, but they also have their own universe, a netherworld caught between earth, the Abode of Man, and the Spirit world, inhabited by the Angels.

Mosul is a wealthy and powerful man in Somali society, and no man rises to power without making enemies. Prince Elman, one of the most powerful men in the City of Mogadishu, and a distant relative of King Yassin, Ruler of Somalia, is a taciturn and wicked man. Prince Elman absolutely despises those more fortunate than himself, and he has a special hatred for Mosul, who lacks noble blood but has amassed a fortune through his various business dealings.

"You are a lovely and unique couple," King Yasin said to Mosul and his wife Rana, during the couple's visit to the Royal Palace of Somalia, located near downtown Mogadishu. When Mosul Abdullahi returned from Sana'a, Yemen, to Mogadishu, Somalia, with his new Arabian bride, the already wealthy merchant became the talk of the town. The King of Somalia invited Mosul and Rana to the palace just so he could hear their story, and in those days, no one refuses the man who rules all of Somalia...

"I am the fortunate one, my King, Mosul is a wonderful man," Rana said, gushing over Mosul, who blushed. Taking his wife's delicate hand, Mosul kissed it, and Rana grinned, looking at her husband adoringly. King Yasin looked at the lovely interracial couple, and then exchanged a look with his own wife, Queen Sadia. When a man has the right woman in his life, it is obvious for all the world to see. Everyone at the royal palace banquet fawned over the lovely couple, everyone except Prince Elman, that is.

"Mosul, my friend, I am in need of a financial adviser, the economy of Somalia is not what it could be, we lag behind the Ethiopians, among others, if you want the job, it is yours," King Yasin said, at the end of the feast. Mosul looked at the King and gasped in surprise, quietly marveling at the offer. After exchanging a look with Rana, Mosul happily accepted the offer. Henceforth, Mosul Abdullahi would become a special adviser to the King of Somalia and part of the King's Inner Circle, a post coveted by many in Somalia's political hierarchy...

"I serve at your pleasure, my King," Mosul said, bowing his head, and after King Yasin nodded, the merchant/new government minister and his wife Rana left the royal palace of Somalia. It has often been said that behind every great man is a great woman. When Mosul began to rise in Somalia's political circles, the shrewd merchant found himself out of his depth. Fortunately, Mosul's wife Rana, who was bright, and full of insight into the minds and souls of politicians, happily helped him.

"Together we can conquer anything," Rana told Mosul, and he kissed her and embraced her passionately. A lot of men marry women for their beauty, but Mosul had a real gem on his hands. Rana looked like a beauty queen but had the mind of a military tactician and the wisdom of an Angel. Mosul couldn't wait to start a family with Rana. Any sons or daughters born of these two would become the talk of Mogadishu. The ultimate power couple began to rise, but their enemies also began to multiply...

"Find me anything you can get on this Mosul and his wife Rana, I want to bring them down," Prince Elman told his spy, Master Rasul. Nodding in agreement, Master Rasul, a tall, slender, dark-skinned man who had been in the employ of Prince Elman's father, Prince Fahd, in ages past, began to work on his new task. Master Rasul had many spies, both male and female, who were experts at tracking down the unwary and learning their secrets. Prince Elman loves power, and when dealing with one's enemies, information is power...

All was well for Mosul and Rana, but peace is seldom long-lasting for anyone living in Somalia. Rana is a Djinn, a supernatural creature disguised as a woman, and walking about in the world of men. The female Djinn has fallen in love with her husband Mosul and wants to be with him, but he doesn't know her true nature. Rana didn't want to tell Mosul, for fear of losing him, but one night, things got out of hand, and her secret was revealed...

"Kill them, and make it messy," Master Rasul told his acolyte Wahid, an infamous assassin who has slaughtered wealthy targets across Africa and the Arab world. Wahid the assassin learned the ways and habits of Mosul Abdullahi and his mysterious wife Rana, and followed them around for a while. Once Wahid became familiar with his targets routines, he began formulating a plan to take them out. Wahid is the costliest assassin in the African world and the Arab world for a reason. He's the one who never fails...

Mosul sat at a table in his study, in the lovely villa he shared with Rana. He'd been working on economical figures for King Yasin, and was drafting a proposed economic treaty that could make the Somali Kingdom wealthy, if they agreed to a trading agreement with their neighbors, the Ethiopian Empire. Somalia and Ethiopia have been enemies long before Christianity and Islam made their way to the Horn of Africa. Yeah, the new financial adviser to King Yasin had a lot of work to do...

"Mosul, come to bed," Rana said in that sexy, husky voice of hers, and Mosul nodded. He blew on the lamp, and left his study after tucking away the documents. Mosul went to the bedroom, where his wife awaited. Rana sat on the bed, wearing an almost see-through crimson tunic which revealed everything it was meant to conceal. Mosul grinned as he admired Rana's curvy body. The Arabian beauty spread her thick thighs invitingly and licked her lips, flashing her husband a very come hither look...

"Yes, madam," Mosul said, and he went to Rana, who kissed him and welcomed him with open arms. The two of them made love, and then talked, before falling asleep. On the rooftop of the secluded villa, Wahid the assassin waited. He scaled down the side of the building, until he hovered outside the couple's window, having used a rope to rappel down from the roof. In a satchel that hung from his hip, Wahid had numerous weapons. Soon, Mosul and his wife Rana would be dead, and Wahid would receive sixty pieces of gold from Prince Elman, his richest bounty in years...

Rana Al-Muflehi, wife of Mosul Abdullahi, slept, but she did not sleep like a human woman slept. The Djinn are supernatural creatures, and although they are born and die, and have relationships and passions and rules like human beings, they are still something else. A part of Rana never sleeps, just like a certain part of a lion never sleeps, no matter how tired it gets. No creature of the jungle, or the plain, or the desert, is so overconfident as to ever think itself completely safe. Humans are the only ones who make that mistake...

Wahid the assassin snuck into the bedroom from the window, which was open, thanks to the summer heat. Deeply asleep, Mosul snored loudly, oblivious to everything around him. Rana's ears pricked up, and the female Djinn sat up, sensing an intruder. Wahid came for them, a scimitar in each hand. Rana exploded into action, shedding her human disguise as she did so. The female Djinn resumed her natural form, becoming an eight-foot-tall, green-hued and yellow-eyed, vaguely feminine humanoid creature with horns, claws and fangs.

"What devil are you?" Wahid screamed as he launched himself at the nightmare creature that Rana had become. Rana roared, a loud, ferocious, deafening sound that an African lion would envy. The assassin battled the female Djinn, who dodged the thrusts of his scimitars, and swiped at him with her claws. Wahid woke up in all the commotion, and by the pale moonlight, what he saw absolutely amazed him. There was a black-clad, masked intruder in the bedroom, and he was fighting...something. Oh, and Rana was gone...

"I'm the devil that's going to kill you for attacking my husband," Rana roared, and she threw herself at Wahid. The assassin swiped at Rana, who dodged his blade and struck his arm, causing him to drop his weapon. Wahid nodded, and then, he switched tactics. Wahid hadn't become the best assassin in the world by being anything other than smart, and lethally adaptable. He pulled a smaller blade out of his pocket, and threw it at Mosul, who sat on the bed, gawking at the battle unfolding in front of him. The Djinn threw herself in front of her husband, and the blade thudded into her chest...

"Die, monster," Wahid screamed, and Mosul, stunned, watched as the huge, towering green monster morphed into his wife Rana. Mosul looked at his wife, who lay in his arms, motionless. Enraged, and confused, Mosul picked up Wahid's fallen scimitar, and used it to run Wahid through. With his own sword protruding from his abdomen, Wahid fell to the floor, dead as a doornail. Mosul clutched his wife Rana in his arms, tears streaming down his handsome face.

"Most High, Creator of all things, please save my wife," Mosul cried to the seemingly disinterested heavens. The merchant pulled the blade out of his wife's chest, and lifted her up. Mosul cried for the house's servants, demanding that they summon a healer. Sadly, none of them came, for Rana had dismissed them for the night. After Mosul pulled the blade from Rana's chest, her wound miraculously healed, and she looked at her husband, a wan smile on her lovely face.

"My husband," Rana said, suddenly aware that Mosul now knew her secret. Mosul laid Rana on the bed, and she struggled to sit up. Even with the extraordinary strength and recuperative powers of a Djinn, Rana was still not back at one hundred percent of her normal might. Rana studied Mosul's face, expecting to see disgust, even hatred or revulsion in his eyes. Humans have a strong hatred for all non-humans, that's why most mythological creatures are extinct, and the few that survive hide in plain sight...

"My wife," Mosul said, and then he kissed Rana. For most of the following day, Rana slept, and when she awoke, she was fairly weakened. Mosul tended to her, providing her with food and comfort. Rana was healing nicely, but every time she tried to explain herself, Mosul would not hear of it. Rana frowned in frustration, not knowing what to do or so. Humans have a talent for forgetting, or outright denying, that which they do not want to acknowledge or understand. Mosul's denial was strange, and upsetting for Rana...

Samuelx
Samuelx
2,137 Followers
12