Monday, I Met Catherine

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

But Frank has stopped talking and looks at the clock to say, "Because we got started late, so..., if you want, we won't take a lunch break. But later we'll take an extended break so you can get something from the cafeteria. Or..., we can work on through with just a short break, and leave early because not every one has made it in."

The vote is for the short break, and leaving early.

So when at last break time arrives, and every one heads for the rest room or to the cafeteria to grab a snack or something to drink. I get out my cell phone, and touch in the number Catherine wrote on the little piece of paper. An now I wait, holding my breath as I listen to the audible rings. But what the hell am I going to say to her if she even answers.

Then it's hearing her voice saying, "Hello, this is Catherine Parker."

Damn it Swaggart, say something!

Almost blurting it out it's, Good afternoon Catherine Parker. This is Master Sargent Robert Swaggart from the United States Marine Corps. And I was wondering if you would have lunch with me tomorrow; seeing as how you're not leaving until six-thirty for your flight to Denver? Oh, and can you see me waving to you.

An hearing her laughing before she's half sternly saying, "Bob, I said three weeks."

Yes, Catherine, I know. An Catherine I am sorry for bothering you so soon. But I really did call to ask you to lunch. Plus I am waving to you. Then it's her, "Bob, you're not bothering me. But where are you if you're waving to me?"

Okay Catherine, can you see the fountain from your office?

"Yes I can."

Good! Then you can see an old nine story gray building. My class room is on the seventh floor about one third of the way in from your right as you face the building. Then it's hearing her moving around, where she says, "Yes I know that building, but I can't see you waving."

Alright if you can see my building, where are you in yours?

"Well, I'm on the tenth floor, and about half way in from your right as you face my building." Now after asking her to wave it's, "Okay." she says, "I'm waving now."

Oh yes, there you are!

Where she starts laughing again with, "You can't see me, the glass is tinted."

You're right Catherine! So..., why are you waving?

But all I hear is her laughing at my gotcha. And when she comes back on it's me with, Sorry Catherine, it must have been that pigeon flapping it's wings on the ledge.

" Bob..., you can't see a pigeon from where you are either. There's no place for it to land, because there aren't any ledges out side these windows."

Oh yes I can Catherine, there's one strutting back and forth on the window ledge right out side this window I'm looking out of. Then quickly followed with, Catherine I'm sorry if I'm taking you away from something, but I am serious about wanting to have lunch with you tomorrow; before you leave for three damn weeks.

"Bob thank you, but I'll be in meetings almost up till the time I have to leave for the airport."

But then she knocks me backwards by saying, "How about when I get back?"

Well Catherine, I'll be pretty fricken hungry by then.

She's laughs again asking, "What, they've stopped feeding you in the Marine Corps?"

No, they haven't Catherine. It's just being in your company would be a hell of lot more pleasing to be around. So it's still three damn weeks huh?

"Yes Master Sargent Swaggart, It hasn't changed since I last saw you."

Now thinking about what I should say next, but all I can think of right then is, Alright, I'll let you go then. Oh, and Catherine, please have a safe trip, and good bye.

But just as I said good bye, I hear her saying, "Bob, Bob..., wait."

Yes Catherine, I'm still here,

"Bob, what time do you usually go to lunch?"

Well, our instructor is pretty punctual so it's close to twelve; why?

"Bob, I can't promise anything, but do you know that deli at Sixteenth and Arch Street."

Yes I do, I know it well!

"Good! If I can, I'll meet you there if I get out of a meeting around then. If I don't show up, it's not because I stood you up..., Okay?"

Sure Catherine, I'll just reserve a table for three weeks from now.

"Bob, they don't take reservations."

Yeah, I know. I'll just sit there until you show up in three weeks.

"Bob you don't have to do that either. We'll have lunch when I get back, I promise. And I'm sorry I couldn't stay longer an talk this morning, but I really couldn't."

Hey, I understand! And like I said, please have a safe trip Catherine Parker. Oh, and Catherine, stop waving at Marines, there not all as sane as I am.

"Yeah, sure you are!" Where I can hear her laughing as the call drops.

Now the rest of this day has been really dragging, maybe because I keep looking at the clock, and Frank is droning on about this flow chart he's trying to explain to every one. Come on Frank, we know how to read a flow chart.

Then he gives us an assignment where we have to use the flow chart to answer the questions in the assignment. And between John and I we blow through the assignment in about ten minutes.

And that damn clock on the wall seems to have stopped!

12