All Comments on 'Money Well Spent'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 246 Comments
tsgtcapttsgtcapt2 days ago

Fun, great read, thank you.

PapaTempPapaTemp6 days ago

Thank you for a very enjoyable read.

NitpicNitpicabout 1 month ago
Yet

Yet another winner off the conveyer belt.

PhredDaggPhredDaggabout 1 month ago

BLOODY GREAT STORY! Well done. Thank you.

JusteenKJusteenKabout 2 months ago

Second time around for me and its even better than I remembered. I think this is your tour de force.

newford9bnewford9b3 months ago

Normally I comment on qhml1's stories with an "excellent tale" or such like but this one goes beyond. A first read, but undoubtedly will be read again and again. 10 stars if possible

MarrttyMarrtty3 months ago

This is a great story. My third read and it is still great. Thanks

Ranger001Ranger0013 months ago

EXCELLENT!

In my top 10 favorites!

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Did wonder about the British Queen in 1910 but George V's wife Mary of Tek was Queen Consort (as Camilla is today) so I guess there's at least a case for it.

Enjoyed.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Can I purchase a hard copy of this story

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

How could I top the last 5 comments, thank you Q - this is my favorite! I'd give you more but of course we are limited to 5 stars!

somewhere east of Omaha

Taco76310Taco763105 months ago

One of the best stories I’ve ever had the privilege to read. Have not read all of your stories yet but this shall always be a favorite. Thank you for putting this here to be read.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A tear-jerker for sure.

HistProf2019HistProf20195 months ago

Possibly my favorite among all of your stories. Definitely a 10.

MidwestSouthernerMidwestSoutherner6 months ago

You wield a pen (keyboard) like an artist with a paint brush. Your words filled my mind with images as I read; maybe not the images you had when you wrote this work, but my images vibrated in sympathy with your descriptions.

Masterful.

TruckerguyTruckerguy7 months ago

WOW... Just WOW...

GeorgeGaleGeorgeGale7 months ago

What a wonderful story about a loving family, very well written and told................():\

LegacybadLegacybad8 months ago

Amazing story, I enjoyed it very much. It was fun and heartwarming at times. Well done

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

The gender switch aside the benevolent spirit does ring similar to "the Ghost and Mrs. Muir"... or vintage "Topper". To find out a bloodline relation to the grand Lady was serendipity. Well done writing with your usual polished skill. Thank you, sirrah.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Came for a hot story. Got a great morning reminding me about family.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Unusual and remarkable story. Thoroughly enjoyable

Thank you for this.

BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

another incredible story. i wish i could give it more stars .

linnearlinnear9 months ago

Absolutely a remarkable story.

MarkT63MarkT6310 months ago

Truly wonderful story!!!

Schlouis57Schlouis5710 months ago

Dommage, cela commençait très bien mais les 3 derniers chapitres sont ils à chier et démolissent toute l'histoire.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Brilliant and worthwhile. Love, honor and duty. What could be better than such exquisite story telling.

pukgpukg11 months ago

Thank you reading it gave me such pleasure as just at this time I am reading letters written by my Father (who was in the British Army) writing to his wife during the battles in North Africa from the Suez to Tunis and on with the American Army at Salerno Italy. Talk about nostalgic

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Wow! Just wow..

Ok, race to the fridge and bathroom. Off to the next featured story.

Yeah, 20 on the five scale.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Funny that Ms Agnes 'Mom' never exposed the drug addict skank, Gwen!!

The bullshit vault was so fucking over the top!!

Bringing in Shaggy and the street urchin druggie Gwen into their fold was fuckdd up!!

minnygopherminnygopher12 months ago

I can't add anything that hasn't been said already to all of the praise that others have heaped upon this sweet tale.

There are some lapses in editing, but nothing egregious.

My thanks to qhml1. This is another winner!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I needed a warm feeling story as I am very sad today. No details but I knew this story would ease my heart. Thank you so much for this story. Thank you Mike

DoctimeDoctime12 months ago

What a wonderful story! This was my second reading so of course, I had to give it ten stars. Only five appeared on paper but Miss Agnes knows….!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The very Best story Every. Thank you so much for writing it. J. A. C.

wardnuke1968wardnuke1968about 1 year ago

Very well written. I’m not usually fond of ghost stories, but this one was exceptional. Another for my “Outstanding Stories” list.

Ghostno21Ghostno21about 1 year ago

3rd maybe even 4th time I have read this story over the last 5 year's and it still grips me every time, if this is not the finest story of its genre on Lit then after a lot of reading I have yet to find the better one.

Many thanks for sharing.

ReadIt1ReadIt1about 1 year ago

Hi, 4/15/23,

A great story, a clear path of ideas and rewards, great plot and wonderful writing. Thanks for your time, hassle, skill, and sharing your life's efforts. Appreciate it.

My 2nd read several months after the first kept me equally enthralled and not rushed at all, which is a great compliment to you.

Bob in Silver Spring, MD

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I enjoyed the story, but I almost didn't read it. The title, description, category, and (lack of) tags didn't offer much and made it a questionable choice to read. Other than the length, you really didn't give anything away. Tags could be your friend, if you didn't ignore them...

As to the story, it was a bit more drawn out than I felt was necessary, but pretty much what I expected from what information you did provide. However, the biggest fault is that you got confused between her youngest son and her grandson at times. The best example of this is the letter Dean found in the Bible. For the first three paragraphs she is clearly writing to her son but the fourth paragraph is just as clearly written to her grandson about her son. The final paragraph then goes back to being written to the son. On a minor note while talking about that letter, you should have included her signing off at the bottom to clearly differentiate where the letter ended and the story resumed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

John D. MacDonald was also one of my favorite authors. That Rolls Royce was a great part of the Travis McGee series. His best book in the series was Pale Gray for Guilt. The front says it all! This story was really good. I would give it more than a 5 if I could. Could not put it away, had to finish it in one sitting.

Geon54Geon54about 1 year ago

Almost every time you reference Miss Agnes, I'm reminded of a literary predecessor.

In May 1964 John D MacDonald published the first of his 21 Travis McGee novels "The Deep Blue Goodbye". McGee lives in Ft Lauderdale on a houseboat he won in a poker game, "The Busted Flush". In chapter 3 we're introduced to Miss Agnes: a 1936 Rolls Royce that someone brutally converted into a pickup truck. He named it after his fourth grade teacher whose hair shared the same electric blue color as her paint job. I don't think Miss Agnes makes it through all 21 novels, but she certainly had a memorable run.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

Not what I was expecting after reading many of your other stories, but so glad I did read it. Took a bit before I got into actually having Mom Anges being a viable entity and more than just fluff added to the story. Sure were a lot of tears at different times and even a few laughs. I guess payback is a bitch when you can attend the execution of the bad guys and send them to hell. Sorry but I don't grade stories I read on minor typos and spelling errors, unless that just get out of hand, I just read and enjoy and mark accordingly. So saying, this one gets five stars from me because I did enjoy it very much. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Damn good story, really enjoyed reading it!!

rlrmiller1951rlrmiller1951over 1 year ago

I made this a favorite after the first reading, having re-read it I have felt the need for a catagory for stories that are TOO good to be just a favorite.

DarknsDarknsover 1 year ago

Well, I enjoyed it and I’m happy to put my name to it. Not anonymous here.

I enjoy the fact that storytellers can tell more than one story, or type of story. That’s what makes them great, IMHO.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

For anonymous from a couple years ago”I’m black and Cherokee... So you people can take your claims of greatness and shove them up your asses...

We’re you ancestors slaves of the Cherokee? They brought over 4,000 slaves with them from Georgia. But they came by barge and ship while the women and children walked the trail of tears. The biggest slave escape attempt was among these slaves. So fuck you and your “ I’m a victim “ status. My ancestors came over as slaves also. They were called indentured servants and was every bit of the slave as anyone else.

SorchakSorchakover 1 year ago

'Ambitious' Anony, you need to go back and read the story. Eh, I have a better idea. This is from the first paragraph of chapter 8: "I looked into the garage, of course, but it was full of what I thought was junk, so I left it alone for almost a year."

So, no, Dean didn't wait decades before looking into what the house had. A lot of the finding of 'treasure' probably happened within the first 5 years of he and the girls' living there.

missouridocmissouridocover 1 year ago

Wish I could give it more than 5 stars! REALLY good!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ambitious. Too ambitious. He buys an old house and it takes him decades to look around and find what's hidden in it? Would have been a much better story if the author had bothered asking himself how much was believable, even in a wild sci-fi context. A spell- and grammar-check would have been appreciated too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Awesome! I just reread it a second time and it is just as good. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ugh. This is the worse thing this author has written, it is juvenile and idiotic. It is so bad I stopped about 1;3 through this crap. If the author isn't embarrassed he should be. Minus 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I am not a sci-fi fan of any sort, this is kind of sci-fi lite. It is another great tale by Q, one that I've reread several times. Thanks Q!

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow! Read it in one sitting. Everything you could ask for in one story. Excellent writing. One criticism, and it's a biggie ... why didn't you run it through spell check? Can't believe you missed that.

Strand

Slider_48167Slider_48167over 1 year ago

A wonderful read ( for the first time). Romance, fantasy, plot twist,a little sadness, but extremely entertaining. I have a vivid imagination - but would never have your way with words!

Thanks!

Bob

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941over 1 year ago

What a wonderful story, the longer you write the better you get

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Gorgeous! Just as good on the second read.

Texican1830Texican1830over 1 year ago

Boston to Birmingham will always be my favorite, but this is another great story. Thanks again.

Simon_MastersSimon_Mastersover 1 year ago

Brilliant piece of work. Moving, exciting and romantic all in just the right measure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Every time I'm having a crappy day, Q, I re-read one of your stories for a pick up. Please keep writing!

inka2222inka2222almost 2 years ago

It is a good story, with one glaring bad spot. The poor man who was married to protagonist's grandfather and had to raise a shithead's child without his knowledge. He didn't get to jettison the cheating asswipe of a "wife" and have a child of his own. And it was the fault of supposedly "good" Merchant family, for which they did not atone.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This is your very top masterpiece so far. Good story line, nice character development, plots quite interesting including a ghost, nice human-kindness, help for the needy and penalty for crooked politicians and business people, etc. Thx for the widespread imagination and you certainly know how to pull the tears from the strings of our hearts.

My rating? A series of 5* end to end.

BJ

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I am getting too old to stay up late at night reading, but I could not stop reading.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You really need to pitch your stories to adapt to screen. Seriously, get an agent and they can start with Netflix, Hulu, prime, etc. Your stories deserve a far wider audience!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wow! The best of yours so far, but I am not finished. Thanks for writing it!

Jim

dante_1_23dante_1_23about 2 years ago

Too much tell an litle show

xhristianjxhristianjabout 2 years ago

It's nice to have a straight heterosexual guy whose not a complete and utter cockold portrayed for a change.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 2 years ago

could have left out the big shoot out. otherwise, a nice read, family

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

that's the first of your work i have read, and loved it thanks. Can't wait to see what else you have written

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wow! That story was phenomenal, one of your best or the best you've written. 5* It makes me want to read another haunted house story with a good ghost.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I loved the story. I couldn't put it down once I started. BE

CDParker1959CDParker1959about 2 years ago

It is my fervorent wish you never stop writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

For numb nuts that said they hoped that they never were so bad off that they couldn't tell someone who asked for a song or?? to go fuck themself I hope they enjoy eating their words should they get to that point. When you get hungry enough you would be amazed at what you might do.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Loved it! I will be back to read it again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This is the second time I have read this story and sacrificed needed sleep to do so. It is one of the top 5 stories in my opinion that I have read on this site. It is a true romance, without the ridiculous gratuitous sex some writers throw in to make the story erotic. The historical piece is well written, the angle of believable "do gooders" changing the lives of others may be fantasy to some, but you make the characters believable. I gave it 5 stars, too bad there is not a higher rating available!

juderboyjuderboyabout 2 years ago

I hate ghost stories and always saw them as crap. That is until my favorite aunt died. My family had had a rash of deaths that year and my boss refused to let me travel home for the funeral. I was very upset, but for the next full week I felt her with me. She helped me heal, but the following week she was gone and I never felt her presents again. When I realized she had moved on, I went into my boss’s office and quit. He tried to changed my mind but I told him to suck my dick and left. As I loved this story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A very fun fantasy.

Another 5 stars.

Bill S.

SDN1955SDN1955over 2 years ago

This was a masterpiece. One of the best, if not THE best story on this website.

simpletxboysimpletxboyover 2 years ago

Simply one of the best stories! Thanks for taking the time to pen this--awesome!

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesover 2 years ago

Have read this twice. Very good story.

GrandEagle53GrandEagle53over 2 years ago

Good God Almighty. Why are we limited to 5 stars. This was one INCREDIBLE read. I laughed, cried, and was angry. So much emotion in this story. Also, as a vet I was delighted at the little bit you did about homeless vets and the VA.

JusteenKJusteenKover 2 years ago

An absolutely epic story. I read it in one hit, laughing and crying all the way through. Thanks so much. Xx

rlrmiller1951rlrmiller1951over 2 years ago

this is the second story on literotica that i can give a true rating of blurry to. that's because of all the parts that were hard to read because my eyes wouldn't stop leaking. if you want a true feel good storie this is it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Without doubt, the most compelling and interesting story I've encountered on this site and many others.

The depth of the characters and the timing of their involvement in the storyline was flawless.

I am excited to read your other offerings!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

As all your stories, amazing! A couple of the comments are damn scary though. Thank you for your epic tale! My third time through - a big 5.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

At less than ten foot range as described OO buckshot and #8 birdshot do about the same damage. Birdshot maybe more. The pattern even from a sawed off would be less than an inch and a half.

RANDOMDUDE9999RANDOMDUDE9999over 2 years ago

Wow That Was An Amazing Read. Like Your Characters In The Story I've Had This Experience Multiple Times With My Family Who Have Passed On As I Have Been Blessed With The Sight To See Spirit's, Demon's, And Angel's. Brought A Few Tears To My Eyes Thank You. As Always Hope All Is Well. And U And Ur Family Is In Good Health. Hope Everyone Is Having An Amazing and Blessed Day. Don't Mind Me Just Spreading Positive Vibes And Positive Energy.

FreakpowerFreakpowerover 2 years ago

So far a good novel. Except the part with Simone. Why? He already told that Jes has a special part in his life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wonderful story. Just as enjoyable in my 2nd reading.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I really enjoyed the first half, but the second half felt like a giant wind-down. It might have worked better as a two or three part story with a bit more room for the second half of the story. Overall still really good!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I hope I'll never be down my luck so deep that I can't tell the clown who wants me to sing for her charity to go fuck herself.

Cal59Cal59over 2 years ago

I enjoyed this as much as any other of your tales, I hope that’s high enough praise for you!

*****

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sorry to reach the end of a wonderful story

Kizzy103Kizzy103over 2 years ago

I loved the story, but seriously, women do not actually faint because of emotional distress in real life. Blood loss, low blood pressure, other medical conditions yes, but emotional states no….

PatHayashiPatHayashiover 2 years ago

Tears and goosebumps!

Runner4069Runner4069almost 3 years ago

Wow, just wow! What an incredible work and I loved it and it just sucked me in for sure. It's not much as far as erotic/sexy stories go but it's a captivating and exceptionally well written story, thanks for sharing it!!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

story TAGS

SIMILAR Stories