All Comments on 'Morgan's Genie Ch. 05'

by bashfullyshameless

Sort by:
  • 32 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Nice

Glad to see you continue posting. I look forward to reading more.

KolrinKolrinover 12 years ago
Yay!

You're back! I know there are many reasons for writers to go on a hiatus, but I do hope you are back now. I've been missing you're witty writing very much. Hope to read more soon!

HiromotoHiromotoover 12 years ago
Hope you continue.

Another great chapter in an interesting series. I'll be looking for updates in your other series It's Legal on Other Planets.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

welcome back Bash - nice story. I just started reading "Good Intentions" again and was thinking it would be great to get a fresh story from you. I have been checking Amazon to see if you have another story out there...would love to see Lori/Rachel/Alex continue on...there's more story there I am sure.

targetdronetargetdroneover 12 years ago
on one hand

im glad youre back with this story... on the other hand i find it sad morgan turns into the army's slut, and i also feel quite sad for thomas... even if he suposedly cant feel jealous.....

bashfullyshamelessbashfullyshamelessover 12 years agoAuthor
"Slut" is a double-standard

One of the first things I had in mind with this story was to reverse the gender roles that were in place on "Good Intentions," aka "Angels, Demons and Alex." In that story, Alex jumped practically every pretty thing with two X-chromosomes, and nobody really raised this objection. If you found that objectionable in that story (or the amount of ass being thrown around in my other stories), then I can get where you're coming from. But if not, we have a double standard at work.

The problem is that in so many societies, a guy who nails everything with a pulse is considered cool, but a woman who does the same thing is reviled as a slut. Why is that? Why do we fall into that sort of thinking?

Does Morgan somehow come off as everybody's toy? Like she isn't making all her own decisions? Like she's just easily influenced by guys because she's a weak woman? Does she seem like she's doing this out of some lack self-respect (which, again, nobody would doubt in a guy if the genders were reversed)? Honestly, I'm not trying to unload on you or anyone, but I want people to really think about this.

I've read recently that a "slut" is just a woman with the sexual morals of a man. So far I haven't seen much to contradict that.

bashfullyshamelessbashfullyshamelessover 12 years agoAuthor
Thanks

I really don't mean to sound upset or offended. The Internet, as we all know, is tone deaf. I absolutely want to thank everyone for reading and for commenting, positively or negatively.

Rud1GirlRud1Girlover 12 years ago
Yes

Yes - worth the wait, please not so long for the next one. But just an obseration for the moral majority - why is she a slut if she exercises all of her options?

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Maybe it is

a double standard (who am I kidding here, we know it is), but Morgan is a little less likeable to me now .

Nothing wrong with a slut, they are fun to be with and everybody loves to fuck them, but (almost) nobody wants to be emotionally entangled with one.

And by making her your main char in this story you did entangle me, kind of.

I could be wrong but to my knowledge polyandry hasn't been particularly popular on this planet yet.

Taking into consideration your intent to 'role reverse' in this story, I still want to point out that females tend to set different standards for themselves than males do.

No offense meant.

Best wishes and update soon.

Johnny1MJohnny1Mover 12 years ago
Bashfullyshameless, I'll give you my 2 cents worth.

Men and woman aren't the same. Yeah, I know, duh. The feminist movement tried to pretend that all behaviour differences between men and women were due entirely to learned behaviour--children conforming to adult expectations. Steven Pinker et all who study evolutionary psychology have pretty much debunked this. There are many innate differences. Woman aren't men wearing dresses. Men aren't woman wearing pants.

Did you know for example that most women can recognise their babies by sense of smell? Another difference is the way men and women navigate. Men have a mental map and women tend to use landmarks. This I know for a fact. When my wife and I were carrying our daughter's things to her dorm room, we had to take a rather tortuous route. Down some steps, down a hallway, up some more steps, down another hall way to the elevator, up to her floor, then down another hallway to her room. All indoors without landmarks. On the way back to the car for another load, my wife and daughter got ahead of me, and promptly got lost. I just retraced my steps to the car, not even thinking about it. It took 3 trips before they could retrace the route without taking a wrong turn.

The plain fact of the matter is that our brains are different. Our sexual responses are different too. The evolutionary psychologists would say that in the tens of thousands of years before child support and day care, evolution programmed women's brains toward monogamy. This because men and woman have completely different roles in reproduction. There is a huge cost for woman. The woman bears the child in the womb for 9 months and feeds it from her breast for another two years anyway. Before modern times, this took an enormous effort. She needed a mate to help her. Promiscuous behaviour and having children by many different men would lower the chance of having a man stay around. Something that was a necessity for the survival of her and her children. Even today, many men are put off by by a single woman with children. The prefer a woman without children for a permanent relationship--a woman who will bear and raise their children.

Does this mean that no woman is a slut? No, it explains why most aren't. Learned behaviour can and does modify instinctual behaviour all the time. My point is that if Morgan hadn't learned to be a slut before she met her genie, she was unlikely to become one after. The fact that slut is a word usually applied to women and not men for identical sexual behaviour should tell you something. It's all about those innate differences. So no, I don't really buy the idea that Morgan is going to behave like a man and have sex with as many men as she possibly can. Heck any good looking woman can do that if she wants. It doesn't require a genie.

Stevens_rockStevens_rockover 12 years ago
And i shall give you my two cents

Bashfulshameness, your earlier comment said that you were trying to reverse the gender roles that you had in ADaA (Angles, Deamons, and Alex). For me, the big difference between this story and ADaA was that the succubus in ADaA drew power from all of Alex's dalliances. The better the sex the more power the succubus could draw so she encouraged and aided him in this endevor. The point being that sex outside of one annother was agreed upon and something that both people gained from.

In this story I get the impression that Thomas cares for and desires a one on one relationship. When Morgan and Thomas have that odd conversation with each other I feel like he is defering to what she wants even though it isn't what he wants because he exists to obey. This is just a few paragraphs after the failure to communicate in changing her appearence. Then she bangs the immediate next avalible guy. This makes me think she is a slut but also that she is callous and taking her geinie for granted. Not good traits to have attached to yor main character so early.

As for the preachy slut comment at the end, for me a slut isn't someone who enjoys sex and has many partners. A slut is someone who has sex without respecting their partners. In ADaA Alex only seduces one person (the sales manager) with little forthought and the fact that it was in a pulic place with Alex's succubus present lessens the effect even more. Every single person who he slept with knew that he was spoken for and what their relationship was. That even though he had the power to basicly seduce anyone he set up rules for who could be seduced and even most of the time going beyond that to spell out the relationship.

In Morgan's case little thought was put into banging the doctor. She knows she has been magicly enhanced to be attractive. The whole thought process for her was he's hot, cool no wedding ring, and were alone so let's go. To me that comes off as slutty, the same way I would think Alex would be slutty if he used his powers to bang everyone he thought was hot. It is more of a character issue then a gender problem.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
funny...

talk about losing her role as a female... taking the male "got some upgrades, lets use it on the first person whos not the one who helped get them"...

way to go! slut it up baby! shes getting her (-FE)MALE on! (for the record, I despise males just as much for doing the same and even worse shit)

KojoteKojoteover 12 years ago
Worth the wait?

Ma-an... Are you fucking kidding me?

It's... what? Two pages? Have you ever been addicted and gotten a half cigarette after being left without for a long time?

*grmbl*

No seriously. Of course it is a great installemtn again and im pretty happy that you have to write a novel. For that means that you are on your way, doesn't it?

Do me a favor and tell when it's finished. I'd buy it immediatly. Like AD&A. Even if it isn't erotic.

Regarding what seems to be the hot topic of this part of the story:

Every of those so called males who is outraged by Morgans behavior (where did the Monica on page one come from by the way) should take his time and listen to women talking by themselves. If you are able to shut the fuck up and don't judge all the time they may even let you ask some questions.

You'll find out lots of amazing things then. But some of them will like be unpleasant, because they don't live up to the larger than life standards for women applied here.

There's a slut in almost every one out there. But lot of 'em don't show that off to inhibited morons.

(Just MY two cent backed up by experience, listening and - if you would dare - an amazing amount of those women if asked politely in an earnest conversation.)

Keep it up, bash! ;-D

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
great update, pls continue.

I've been waiting for u continue the story and was afraid u had dropped it. I'm glad u didn't :).

As for Morgan's love of sex, I don't see anything wrong with it. I see it as just another aspect of her character. Since she actually discussed it with Thomas, checked with him several times when the Doctor was in the room and in fact he encouraged her, I don't see how it can be said she was taking him for granted or disrespecting him. I think she appreciates him even more for his understanding.

Please continue the story and hope u update faster.

Rud1GirlRud1Girlover 12 years ago
Take a chill pill

She is having safe consentual sex - she has not reneged on her agreement to serve her country nor is she partying at the playboy mansion. I have to wonder why some people are reading this web site

EroticLitKittyEroticLitKittyover 12 years ago
Personally, I enjoyed the update

And I think given the same set of circumstances, a lot of women would take advantage. Morgan isn't just some stereotypical girl (not that there's anything wrong with being a stereotypical girl) and who's to say that she wasn't having her fun before she shipped out. I agree w/Rud1girl, why do some of these people even read things on this site? That being said, it's really your own fault for being so good at this lol. Bring on the next chapter and stay shameless!

Lien_GellerLien_Gellerover 12 years ago
Great stuff!

I liked this installment. I never thought that the exchange between Morgan and Thomas was remotely uncomfortable on his part. I like the idea of a female lead who gets frisky whilst maintaining her strength of character. It's definitely not something that i've seen a lot on the site and I think it's been done pretty well here. It's also my favourite installment of the series so far so well done and mucho thanks for the update. Looking forward to more ILOOP too. Have fun with the writing!

gravyruggravyrugover 12 years ago
Very good

I can't help wanting more, though. After so long a wait, this little taste, good as it is, is a little frustrating.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

I have no problem with Morgan sleeping around with who she wants but I think she should take more consideration to Thomas.

In the conversation they have about he being jealous he says hes not jealous but that he's her servant can have something to do with it.

That implies that if he werent her servant he could have a problem with it. And then Morgan just haves sex with the nearest guy around not even contemplating his choice of words.

And good that your back.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

I like what Bash is doing here, and had been thinking of exploring those themes in a story of my own (less likely now). While men and women are different in the aggregate individuals can have a lot of diversity. That is, men are taller than women but that doesn't stop Geena Davis from towering over Danny DeVito.

Another factor is socialization. A big trend since the sexual revolution has been more "sluttish" behavior. For every straight man who has had a one night stand there is a woman. The major reasons many women don't do this more is fear of slut- shaming and concern that the guy might turn out to be an axe murderer. With a genie at your back I can imagine a lot of women taking more of a "damn the consequences" attitude.

Nice writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
yay!

He's back! Enjoyed the latest installment, particularly the way you handled Morgan's reaction to Thomas 'improving her'. It makes a nice contrast to Joe Brolly's take on that, where the main character actively asks his genie to do that to him. An interesting difference between the way men and women might react to the issue.

I have no problem if Morgan wants to have sex with lots of people - no-one complained about that when male characters had the same arrangement with their genies, no reason there should be problems with Morgan doing similar. Vaguelly wondering what Thomas' reaction will be to some of the other sexual stuff Morgan can introduce him to. Wait till he sees the internet!!!

Zenofben

RasalomRasalomabout 12 years ago
Trust in Bashfullyshameless

I initially felt that Thomas was figuratively getting the shaft from Morgan and that both characters were diminished by their actions in chapter five. It stings like a slap to realize how deeply rooted gender-bias is compared to how sex-positive I considered myself. Gays, shemales, even Ellen Ripley: all cool. Morgan Anderson? Just a slut. Since one, double standards suck, and two, this author hasn't steered me wrong yet, I'm going to have faith in the story not that it will "get back on track" to a place where I'm more familiar and comfortable but that wherever the hell this story goes I'm going to enjoy the ride.

Likes2ReadEroticaLikes2ReadEroticaalmost 12 years ago
Disapointed...

Imagine you've got a female companion who can change her appearance in any way imaginable, likes you for who you are not only physically but as a person, can manipulate the size/sensitivity of her/your genitalia AND is fucking amazing in the sack.

You have all of that and you go fuck a random because you can. Doesn't. Add. Up.

The plot and story were amazing up until this point. You completely mucked up female psychology in this chapter though. Most women want to feel safe, have an emotional connection and be provided for. The dude can do any and all of that while being an unselfish lover. Why she'd bang a dude she met literally 2 minutes earlier when she had everything is beyond me. /facepalm

lusherlusheralmost 12 years ago

You have created a moral, brave, extremely real woman who also has an unconventional sexual life. I wasn't expecting it, but I love that you did so. This is a great series.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
A detail

"Monica"? Isn't she called Morgan?

MongolSamuraiMongolSamuraiover 11 years ago

Lots of fuss over promiscuous sex in these comments. It's kind of like no one read Stranger in a Strange Land. Learn some perspective, folks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
let her enjoy sexual freedom!

I was glad you took her down the road of sexual promiscuity. I had worried you were going to go the stereotype of having her fall in love with the genie and either fuck him alone or him and other women only.

Allowing her to embrace what must be a giddy feeling of freedom in having a genie back her up gives you the opportunity to take the character and story in interesting directions. Morgan is able now to safely eschew the constraints of often oppressive social convention and explore her sexuality and have fun.

Thank goodness. You had me worried until this chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
"Slut"

Most genie stories, even most supernatural stories, have a great deal of promiscuity. Even Alex in Bash's story is very promiscuous. The difference between the men in these stories and Morgan is that the men are very concerned with their partners feelings. They often have to be nearly forced to take a lover the first time. They agonize over the decision.

Morgan has an incredibly brief conversation with Thomas where he all but says that the only reason he's OK with it is because he's her slave. Her first response is, "Hot doctor? I'm going to fuck him!" No real concern over whether he's in a relationship. No care about him as a person. No thought whatsoever about anything but herself. That is a slut. I don't care if a man does it or a woman does it. I have no respect for them.

Alex I can respect, even if he takes the reluctance a bit far. Aside from one interlude, he genuinely cares for the women he's with. And he took a time to consider feelings and consequences beforehand.

I'm all for gender equality, but if a man acted like Morgan did in this installment he would be considered an asshole. And rightfully so. Here is the true double standard:

Man has sex with random stranger without considering anybody else's feelings. He is called an asshole or douchebag by most women (and a lot of men)

Woman does the same thing. Every person that calls her a slut is vilified for perpetuating a double standard.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
"Slut"

Totally agree with that comment in all its permutations!

Sammael BardSammael Bardover 9 years ago
A personal Fetish.

Great story so far, be it in terms of plot, writing or Erotica.

I liked the way you demean the term 'slut' as a double standard here and in your other stories. I completely agree with that.

I have to say that this Doctor-patient sex touched a personal fetish of mine, so I'm guilty of favoriting this story.

You've earned a 5* all the way till now. I can't wait to surge ahead and read the rest. :)

RailroadManRailroadManabout 9 years ago
Typo

I love this story, and I love this chapter. I did, however, find one little typo. (the first one I have found in your stories!):

He considered what he might do with his time while Monica fooled around.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Although I've greatly enjoyed the series so far, I didn't enjoy this last part with the Dr. Making her too much of a slut.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userbashfullyshameless@bashfullyshameless
10/10/23: Hey, if you're wondering where I've been, it turns out I've mostly been writing books! My latest is NO MAN'S LAND, book six in the Poor Man's Fight series, out today! https://www.amazon.com/Mans-Land-Poor-Fight-Book-ebook/dp/B0CK9W5GDF If you're looking for somethin...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES