All Comments on 'Morrison's'

by LT56linebacker

Sort by:
  • 82 Comments
DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithabout 2 months ago

Good one! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 2 months ago

Please don't write another February story! Let it rest in peace.

5

JusteenKJusteenKabout 2 months ago

I'm sick to the back teeth with these dull continuations. You get 4 stars for that joke though.....

saddletramp1956saddletramp1956about 2 months ago

The Tramp definitely approves, and just might take you up on your invitation... Thanks! 5*

AardieAardieabout 2 months ago

Karma strikes again!

Karn9Karn9about 2 months ago

Cute loved the joke! 3*

demanderdemanderabout 2 months ago

The continuation should be a tale of marital fidelity, ending with old age and the inevitable. But that would be so boring. OR...they could all go out for a Sunday drive and be T-boned by a semi. Also boring, and sad to boot. Something in between, maybe?

A long term struggle with fidelity, which ends when Jim is at a convention in Vegas. D

GreyMatter46GreyMatter46about 2 months ago

yes, different take. I thought the paper story was tear-ifying. thanks

JH4FunJH4Funabout 2 months ago
Outstanding Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Nice a I enjoyed the change. Your use of Karma in your tales if as fun to watch for me as other authors create their characters with unique abilities to achieve their goals.

Another Outstanding Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ tale. Thanks for the joke at the end too.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 2 months ago

Fantastic, that spin is great! Very nicely done. The fallout could be quite entertaining. I’m thinking people recording the event, then videos of piss darkening Marc’s pants (maybe a puddle on the floor?) going viral. Husbands previously humiliated getting in on the fun, ridiculing him and their exes (see what you crashed our marriage for!). Marc’s career crashing as teammates joke about “pissy pussy hound” and opponents torment his damaged confidence. The countless ways Jim’s marriage could proceed wouldn’t be half as entertaining as Marc’s fall.

mainer42mainer42about 2 months ago

someone now needs to FTDS

Buster2UBuster2Uabout 2 months ago

10 Big Blazing Stars for the Linebacker Bear! Whoa, LaValliere 'pissed' his pants! LOL Highly entertaining. A different way to go. I love the 'Feb Sucks' genre' because it is a 'no win' situation. Just like the "Kobayashi Maru" situation in Star Trek, where Capt Kirk had to test through. A whole different look at how this could go. Ha Ha, Very Good Idea, just to go back in Time. Thank You, for the effort. Buster2U

Robby_DRobby_Dabout 2 months ago

Kudos to the Bear. 5 stars.

LWLover60LWLover60about 2 months ago

Your follow up is that after Jim and Linda left it was Dee's turn.

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowabout 2 months ago

Love it. The joke, too! (Thx Shannon.)

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 months ago

Very short and sweet, guess he had Karma on his side that night.4 stars

sdc97230sdc97230about 2 months ago

Linda will just cheat on Jim with somebody else. Because Karma gave Jim the do-over and the insight to know what to do at Morrison's that night, but Linda is still the same person she always was.

DazzyDDazzyDabout 2 months ago

Neat way and perspective to look at it…

lover1953lover1953about 2 months ago

The Incredible Hulk version - different.

GarySmith69GarySmith69about 2 months ago

Well given the choice of endings, mine would be after a serious talk about how we both view our marriage, if the their is a difference in views then the marriage ends.

usaretusaretabout 2 months ago

Definitely unique.

Wavedave45Wavedave45about 2 months ago

Ah but see here's the problem. She WAS going to cheat.

It's a common misconception that cheating is the problem. It's not, it's a symptom of one or more things that are the real problem. And I'm of the philosophy that deciding to cheat is just as bad and treated the same as actually cheating. Because if she decided to cheat the game is over. She's going to cheat one way or another eventually. You can be macho all you like she's going to sneak out and do it when you're not looking.

And there's another problem. She's going to say she wasn't going to cheat and it was only going to be a dance. Seriously, Linda is going to be insufferable about this. And because Jim time traveled he doesn't have anything but his memories to prove his point. And to be completely fair she would be correct if she said it was only going to be a dance since nobody knew he planned to take Linda home.

So what we're left with is Linda still having that itch and thinking Jim cock blocked her and is acting insane. Almost nothing is going to get her to see she's wrong much less admit to anyone her intention. She has to hit rock bottom before realizing she fucked up which Jim prevented.

You can solve both issues like this: Jim quickly realizes that he's talking to a wall with Linda and this issue. Any talk of cheating will get thrown back at him as being insecure and paranoid. Dee will start calling him Insane. So Jim uses the one advantage he has, his knowledge for the next 5 years.

During the divorce his lawyer came across the names of all the other couples that had their marriages destroyed by LaValliere. He can remember a few and has a PI track down the rest. Has all the wives meet him at once and he needs to convince them to talk to Linda. They don't see the point due to my first argument and urge him to be glad it wasn't LaValliere at least . They tell him to get counseling and hopefully she will figure it out for herself before she actually does cheat. But will only happen if she's honest with herself. So Jim bribes them with his future knowledge. He turns on the radio and predicts the breaking news. And because he's been drowning himself to death for the past 5 years in a bar with an owner that is fond of horse racing and betting, he can tell who will win the Kentucky Derby for the next 5 years. It's easy because the horse names are memorable to start with and had the names drilled into his head hearing the owner complaining about it for a week after losing his bet.

They go for it. Some even with former husbands. Shoots down every one of Lindas arguments. Linda has her come to Jesus moment. After 5 years of reinvesting their bets they're so rich that they pitched in to become owners of Marcs Football team. They refuse to let Marc play or trade him. And after the media learns his connection with the new owners nobody wants to buy him anyway.

AngelsOfLustAngelsOfLustabout 2 months ago

Short and to the point. Loved it

SwordWielderSwordWielderabout 2 months ago

Interesting story. Karma personified and taking corrective action.

Corny1974Corny1974about 2 months ago

Oh yes! 5 from me.

lujon2019lujon2019about 2 months ago

how was there redemption when you didnt finish the story? you loose stars for lying with your tags

26thNC26thNCabout 2 months ago

Big Jim should have squashed him like a bug.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

You could have Marc turned into a male street whore with his two buddies pimping him out.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuabout 2 months ago

3-star because you have a comedian in the family but the story? TEAR-ABLE!

I like your other stories though @LT the Bear.

KevinTheEngineerKevinTheEngineerabout 2 months ago

Made me giggle Bear!

The story was funny as well.

From my grandsons lips.

Q/. What’s red and invisible?

A/. No tomatoes!

I have a question for you. As an observer of the human condition and a philosophical thinker, why do these morons who hate Feb Sucks spin-offs so much read them?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Im not sure why you wrote this,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

A lot more possibilities than the average version,run with it and see where it goes.

OML

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

An interesting take, but skimpy

Worth four stars, to me.

JPB NOT BOB

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

can only echo Pierremanvis love the joke

ArtsymArtsymabout 2 months ago

An extra star for the joke. :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

A man acted like a man, instead of one of today's wimps.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I'm an even bigger fan now that i know Karma likes a good Gin & Tonic! oh, good story too.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I wouldn't let a stranger dance with my wife anyway. It's one thing to be out with friends and everyone dances, but

when a stranger, no matter who they are, approaches your wife, the reason seems obvious.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Does everyone want to be George Anderson and let everyone finish their stories? At least he did.

It’s just lazy now people, and unoriginal

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 2 months ago

why not 6 years before why send him back that night. oh yeah forgot karma is a bitch lol

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 2 months ago

grats this was the dumbest version i read

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

You know, if you keep having dreams like that, there are things you can take. Just sayin'.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

You know every once in a while we need instant gratification with a naturalistic ending. This fits the bill very well. It is not realistic as instant grat usually isn't however since the good guy wins and you left the ending to us...again it worked for me. Appreciate your tales and your point of view. Even understood the mind set that thrives on making the male MC a weakling. This only seems to work for me when the cheater isn't worth the time or effort. Finally no confident person has to "chase sex or a relationship. TFS,

muskyboymuskyboyabout 2 months ago

Linda is the one that needed the re-do.....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Try and get better sleep, this was awful.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I wonder if any of us will live long enough to finally see this February Sucks train wreck finally end. No matter how great your writing normally is, you can't really fix a story that broken originally. Kudos for trying, but... why bother, really?

fritz51fritz51about 2 months ago

I don't understand or agree with the negativity. First, you were warned upfront that it was a Feb Sucks variant. Don't read it if that melts you my fragile snowflakes.

I thought the idea of Karma offering a do-over was interesting, and it was certainly original. I do hope somebody runs with it and explores if a divorce might still be in the cards for Jim and Linda, since he already knows that she absolutely would cheat with asshole, given the chance. Can he live with that? Will Karma intervene further? Is Marc the only possible paramore in their future?

Someone dive in - please.

WrickettsWrickettsabout 2 months ago

It was a very funny and different take. Well done

Busman19639Busman19639about 2 months ago

Stupid story. Can I get my five minutes back?

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 2 months ago

No, it's not original. I can't state with certainty that a time machine or magic has never been used but the rest? Come on man. Really, this is no different than the one where the husband knew the women picked this place and was ready for them.

I'm really not trying to be a bitch, though I understand why you might think so.

This has been done to death. It's like any savory, delicious food that has been boiled for hours. No amount of spice or aromatics can save something cooked to the point of goo. February Sucks is goo. For the life of me I simply cannot understand why people continue to submit this same ploy, years later. I don't want to accuse everyone of hubris or arrogance but by the gods, its been almost 4 years. Hollywood is looking for people with such originality.

Okay, maybe I did devolve into a bitch. I'm sorry. I'm really ranting far more at the obsession than I am at you. I wouldn't mind a scifi/fantasy take if I wasn't just so sick of this fucking garbage tale.

Rwg7Rwg7about 2 months ago

Interesting do-over fantasy. It would have been even more interesting to see it written with Karma offering the same deal to Linda instead of Jim.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

FTDS

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Fun, fantasy story. Morphing into a comic book superhero was great as well as actually getting the do-over that

we all would want to have for so many things.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago
5 stars

I loved it. Jim gets even, but at what cost?

Seems like ole' Jim was hoodwinked!

Jim unknowingly made a deal with a she-devil.

One of Satan's favorite lady's a real influencer.

Jim got even but there will be hell to pay one day.

Ole Jim will meet back up with La Valliere and his goons!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago
Well

I liked it. Some of the comments were fun. Fritz51 had great questions. My only suggestion would be for him asked them in front of a mirror and then use his wonderful writing ability and get to it. 😁

crazymike45crazymike45about 2 months ago

A satisfying ending to a horrible story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

This was 'less satisfying' (I won't call it bad) than the stupid 750 word versions. I honestly dont know what you were trying to accomplish with this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Not even worth rating. Lit is really going down hill.

CHUCK2468

BSreaderBSreaderabout 2 months ago
We

Know it could never but I liked this ending thats how it should have been handled in the first place. F Marc and f his goons.

KittyCampbellKittyCampbellabout 2 months ago

I just can't read much more this beat to death Feb shit.

oldtwitoldtwitabout 2 months ago

Oh for another one, this is good, short and silly, but good, I can see that you left it open, but why oh why didn’t you take it further?.

FlhotwifehubFlhotwifehubabout 2 months ago

I like it, hope somebody, or you continue. When you talked about his height going 8 inches and being so broad, the first thought in my mind was "The Incredible Hulk, I watched that show when I was a kid. I would be a good story, A average guy morphing into a beast to protect his or even somebody else's wife.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Wished for the wrong thing. Should have wished he never met Linda and gone back 20 years.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

What?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

That was a new, and unique version of the infamous Anderson story, thanks for thinking outside of the box, and thanks for The time and effort. KS

MusseyMusseyabout 2 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ LT.

For the morons that don't want any more Feb Sucks, don't read them if that is to difficult for your limited mental abilities just drop dead. Some people like the different takes on the story.

I can't wait to see Saddletramps take on this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I heartily approve of The Bear on every day ending in a 'y'.

-Yossarian

XluckyleeXluckyleeabout 2 months ago

Nice story , short and to the point. Nothing else needed.

JimmyThePlungerJimmyThePlungerabout 1 month ago

I blame this on Becker & Fagan: This is the day of the expanding man. (Deacon Blues)

This is the night of the expanding man

I take one last drag as I approach the stand

I cried when I wrote this song

Sue me if I play too long

This brother is free

I'll be what I want to be

Tiger27Tiger27about 1 month ago

Short sweet and to the point.

Great story!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 1 month ago

Enjoyed this, but would have preferred that Jim didn't get bigger, even if it wasn't just the assholes perception of him.

nightdragon1nightdragon120 days ago

Come on LT56. I read some of your other stories and I think this so very far below your talents. Waste of your valuable time.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLT56linebacker@LT56linebacker
I am a mature (read old) gentleman. I have been married for 49 1/2 years, and have 5 children, and 10 grandchildren. I live and die with the New York Giants. I am a big Yankees fan. I am also a Vietnam veteran. It's now 50 years. (She decided to renew my option.) I apologize...