All Comments on 'Mother and Sister Package: Not Easy'

by blackstroker

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
proper english

Learn to use real English..that "yuh" and "mih" crap is just that, crap! Very annoying, makes the story stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

What is up with the speech grammar? The monologue/narrative paragraphs actually have proper English for the most part with typos here and there but then when anyone speaks it looks like it was written by an idiot. I just couldn't read it like that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Stop this garbage

I never comment but I couldn't resist now. The dialogue in your stories is written the way white idiots in Hollywood write movie dialogue for slaves in the 1700s. I'm black and it's flat out offensive. It's obvious you know proper English from the rest of the story, so write the whole thing that way and stop being a fucking jackass.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

V commenters suck they clearly had an accent. Looking forward to your next one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
It is a bit harder to read, but not horrible.

Switching to dialect spelling for the dialogue was interesting. I don’t think it is necessary, but it does emphasize that the characters are real people, who have a unique way of speaking. I think you should leave it in. After all, it’s your story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
It's dialect, guys

This is meant as a response to the other comments here.

The "yuh and mih crap" which you "couldn't read" because it's "annoying and stupid" and "looks like it was written by an idiot" is actually a grammatically complete form of English that's significantly different from the one we have experience with. The idea that "proper/real English" is the only form, and anyone who doesn't use it is just uneducated, is a harmful but popular misconception.

Clearly, this dialect was deliberately used for the dialogue here; the author decided they wanted to use it. (Maybe they felt it was more authentic, or more consistent with their background or their own family.)

In any case, PLEASE do not leave negative comments, which could discourage someone from writing more, because they've chosen a writing style you don't like. If you can't read it, read something else.

To the author: Don't let this type of thing change the way you write. Your voice is your voice!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

lets get them pregnant!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous