Mother - Hostile Makeover Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I can't sleep. Frank and Janet still haven't checked in. And you've been running silent."

"Oh! I'm sorry. I was so goddamn exhausted I passed out. So, I talked to Janet this afternoon. Well, I had a message from her. Everything seems fine on their end. Maybe you were right, they're just having too good a time on the company dime. And listen, the meeting went really well. Like, really, really well. I may be rethinking my objections to this deal. Not everything on the financial end, but the product does have potential."

Lauren's guilty imagination filled in the long silence that followed with every accusation that Jon might voice, all of them completely justified. But when he spoke again he simply asked, "Why?"

"Novak, uh, finally gave me a look at some hard data. It was quite the presentation." Stefan responded to her wink with a quizzical eyebrow. His eyes widened when she slipped her shoe off and slid her foot up his leg under the table, resting her toes against his crotch. It got both their motors revving again, distracting her from the guilty discomfort of talking to her husband.

"Good news all around, then." Jon sounded skeptical. She understood. It was one thing for him to take a contrarian position in an argument with her or Ethan. The prospect of actually handing strangers a key to his kingdom cut hard against the grain. "Get your ass back here and we'll take a closer look at their offer. Try to come up with a counter-proposal we can live with."

"Not yet. Before we do this, I still want more information. I'm taking a detour home."

"Detour to where?"

"Kai'ulau."

12